The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Would like to hear some opinions from other CAGs who are swimming in backlogs right now. What do you guys think about making the jump to next gen? Between GwG every month and the sales lately, I have about 50 downloadable retail games on my 360 I need to get through. I've been trying to convince myself that I can wait until next years Black Friday to buy a new system, but I've been really second guessing it lately. I'm trying to enjoy games like Bad Company 2, which I'm absolutely loving, but since it's so old it's sometimes hard to find a game with more than 10 people in it. With CODAW and the Halo Collection right around the corner, I'm wondering if now isn't the perfect time to ditch the backlog and get online with the latest games without the worry of empty servers. It helps that I'm sitting on a ton of credit from the recent Wal Mart trade in promo, but I just feel like it would be such a waste to buy a new system right now. At the same time, I'd probably miss out on this gen all together by the time I made it through my entire 360 backlog. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this dilemma, so what do you guys think?
As much as i'd like to make the jump, the cheap ass in me doesn't allow me to. I keep having this weird dream where i finish my backlog, in fact, i'm now trying not to buy anything else from weekly sales, unless is something I really want. Also, i think that by the time i finish my backlog and make the jump, i would have a big enough backlog just from GwG. In the end, if you're cheap enough, you will be able to hold off.

P.S: Destiny has delayed my backlog's end by almost 300 hours.

Would like to hear some opinions from other CAGs who are swimming in backlogs right now. What do you guys think about making the jump to next gen? Between GwG every month and the sales lately, I have about 50 downloadable retail games on my 360 I need to get through. I've been trying to convince myself that I can wait until next years Black Friday to buy a new system, but I've been really second guessing it lately. I'm trying to enjoy games like Bad Company 2, which I'm absolutely loving, but since it's so old it's sometimes hard to find a game with more than 10 people in it. With CODAW and the Halo Collection right around the corner, I'm wondering if now isn't the perfect time to ditch the backlog and get online with the latest games without the worry of empty servers. It helps that I'm sitting on a ton of credit from the recent Wal Mart trade in promo, but I just feel like it would be such a waste to buy a new system right now. At the same time, I'd probably miss out on this gen all together by the time I made it through my entire 360 backlog. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this dilemma, so what do you guys think?
I would wait and see what Black Friday has to offer. There have already been a couple of good sales on the Xbox One, so I would expect to see a decent sale during Black Friday. I usually alternate my playtime between current gen and last gen consoles, i.e. one week I will play my xbox 360 and ps3 and then the next week I will play my Xbox One and PS4. So far it has let me chip away at my old backlog, while not accumulating a backlog for my PS4 or Xbox One.

I bought Evil Within day one no question and I am on chapter 6 and loving it. It's basically Resident Evil Within 4. #EnoughSaid. Before you run out and purchase it, let me finish it and report. No spoilers of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got near the end of Evil Within, but stopped playing, because my coop partner (friend that I play games with and / or switching playing single player only games) left. I decided to pick up Fat Princess and give it a play through. Overall pretty fun. Glad the story was short, because I can scratch it off my backlog, but I do think there could have been 3 or 4 more levels. Anyway, Tokyo Jungle is the last game I left on my Best of PSN Vol. 1 disc. I know that game takes awhile so I will probably hold off on it for a little bit.

Maybe, if I was a multiplayer online gamer, I would have already made the jump into current gen. I'm not going to say that I'm going to make a "jump into" current gen because when I do buy the new consoles I'm pretty sure I'll be still playing my PS3 and 360 - especially since 360 is backwards compatible - Ninja Gaiden Black is a true gem for me.

Right now I currently have about 136 games, PS3 and 360 combined in my backlog so this makes it easier not to purchase the new systems right away. By the time I do, I'm sure they will be down about $50 to $100 and games that I would like to play now will be CAG prices no less.

In other news, I have finally finished Heavenly Sword and Infamous 2. I replayed the first Infamous just to catch up.

Infamous 2 was good. I like the change in city with the buildings being shorter than the sky scrapers of Empire City - makes it much easier to navigate. I played through on "good Cole" mode. I like the direction it takes, with original characters gaining super powers but the player makes decisions that could slightly change the story especially when you encounter The Beast. Looking forward to playing Second Son in the future.

The performances by Andy Serkis and the villains of Heavenly Sword were the stars of the show! Those were the only things that did it for me. It took a little longer to beat than I expected because of the bad QTE's and the parts where I had to use my controller for motion to guide arrows, cannon balls, etc. The final boss was challenging. I would have eventually beat him had I cared enough - I decided to watch the ending on YouTube.

I'm in the mood to do a FPS now. Might knock out a Call of Duty or Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Does anyone know if I should play the first Battlefield Bad Company before I play the second one?

I bought Evil Within day one no question and I am on chapter 6 and loving it. It's basically Resident Evil Within 4. #EnoughSaid. Before you run out and purchase it, let me finish it and report. No spoilers of course.
I'm also currently working through it (on chapter 7 right now). I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me.

I couldn't put the Evil Within down today. After the shitty Resident Evil 6 I am very happy with this.

Hey guys,

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm thetrust and I'm a fellow backlogholic (there's got to be an better word for this affliction). I read an article on kotaku about tackling a games backlog and began searching for a backlog support group. I listen to the cagcast so the cag forums are the next logical step.

I could list my complete backlog, but I don't want to turn this one post into a series of posts covering the last three decades of video games, and possibly requiring a server upgrade. Here are 10 titles I'd like to complete by the end of the year:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman: Arkham City
Dante's Inferno
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Resistance 3
Transformers: War for Cybertron

I'll update this list when I complete a title. If past experience is an accurate indicator, I should expect the first completion somewhere around 2017. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys,

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm thetrust and I'm a fellow backlogholic (there's got to be an better word for this affliction). I read an article on kotaku about tackling a games backlog and began searching for a backlog support group. I listen to the cagcast so the cag forums are the next logical step.

I could list my complete backlog, but I don't want to turn this one post into a series of posts covering the last three decades of video games, and possibly requiring a server upgrade. Here are 10 titles I'd like to complete by the end of the year:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Dante's Inferno
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resistance 3

I'll update this list when I complete a title. If past experience is an accurate indicator, I should expect the first completion somewhere around 2017. Good luck everyone!
If you want someone to play lbp online with I'm down. I've been looking for someone to play it with

Same. Don't worry. I am pissed about now the NG+ works. I don't know if this is a spoiler, but
After you finish the game you are able to play New Game Plus, but only on the settings you played on or lower. I unlocked the hardest setting, but have to start over new. I was hoping to have all my stuff from the casual playthrough on the hardest setting.
Am I overreacting?

Hey guys,

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Dante's Inferno
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resistance 3

Dante's Inferno and War for Cybertron are pleasant surprises. MW3 is probably my favorite COD singleplayer Campaign. Resistance 3 is decent and Lego Marvel is my favorite Lego game by far. What I'm trying to say is that you have some great games to play through and I think that it is totally possible to finish that list. Good luck and welcome to the Support group.

I finished Evil Within and I am still grinding away on Tales of Symphonia. I am over the halfway point and I will probably finish a few shorter games before I finish Tales of Symphonia.

If you want someone to play lbp online with I'm down. I've been looking for someone to play it with
Cool. I'll send a PSN friend request. Does anyone else have a PSN ID I can add for some co-op play?

Ok I beat Gauntlet on PC last week, I was thinking of playing pokemon red or blue since I never played any pokemon games. I also have a sealed copies of Watchdogs for Xb1, Metal Gear (PS4), Mario Kart (wiiU), Bravely Default (3ds) and just got Alien Isolation (PC)....... I have a serious problem.........

Ok I beat Gauntlet on PC last week, I was thinking of playing pokemon red or blue since I never played any pokemon games. I also have a sealed copies of Watchdogs for Xb1, Metal Gear (PS4), Mario Kart (wiiU), Bravely Default (3ds) and just got Alien Isolation (PC)....... I have a serious problem.........
Pokemon games are really fun, you can put a lot of time into them. Just started Pokemon Y and its amazing how far the game series has come since the gameboy days.

Watch Dogs is fun, for me it was like Grand theft auto with a mix of assassins creed style missions. I beat Alien during beginning of the month it was an amazing game. I have Bravely Default in my backlog as well. Good luck

You can finish MGS for PS4 in about 2-3 hours max, so if you just want something to scratch off your backlog, I suggest that.

You aren't alone in having a problem :)

Same. Don't worry. I am pissed about now the NG+ works. I don't know if this is a spoiler, but
After you finish the game you are able to play New Game Plus, but only on the settings you played on or lower. I unlocked the hardest setting, but have to start over new. I was hoping to have all my stuff from the casual playthrough on the hardest setting.
Am I overreacting?
I can see your point there, actually. I finished the game today, even though it has been getting mixed reception I found it to be an excellent game. It really seems to be a "love it or hate it" type of game, but most of the negative viewpoints come from the fact that they found it too difficult.

Last edited:
[quote name="thetrust" post="12176012" timestamp="1413940005"]

Cool. I'll send a PSN friend request. Does anyone else have a PSN ID I can add for some co-op play?[/quote
:)

Added

I finished Metro Last Light this week on my PS3, so I think im gonna start South Park this weekend. Also doing a Mass Effect run on PS3 and have Sunset coming next week...

I just finished my 100th game since starting this thread! I just played through the story mode of Mortal Kombat on the Vita. I'm pretty surprised how long it was considering the Injustice story took about half the time that MK did. I think for the rest of the year I might focus on games that I have that are 20 hours+, so when next year starts I can just start hammering out the shorter games and really get the ball rolling.

I also forgot to add game 99 was Wolfenstein New Order. There are a couple of lame chapters but overall the game is pretty good.

Currently playing portal 2, got burnt out grinding on FFX so taking a break on it. Am LOVING portal 2. Really missed out waiting to play this. Glad I bought it even though I had originally only bought it because it was like a $1.

Finished All the story modes on MMA Supremacy on the Vita. May go back and do some clean up for the trophies if I feel like it but I already listed it on Amazon. I started playing Cel Damage and I think Ill get all the trophies in that game, because you basically get them all while playing the game besides a few. It's pretty and a nice little pick up and go game on the Vita.

Finished Shadow Warrior on the PS4 (old school fun) and now am on to Sunset Overdrive (beautiful game).

Hello everyone my name is bobby777 and i have quite a big backlog, like the many of you it started off by buying just a few games for cheap but then work and school kept me really busy and it just all started to pile up from there anyway here are the main games i would like to finish before the year is over hahahaha when the semester ends in december i should have a little bit more free time but not much since i will be working still anyway here is the list so far and my progress.

1. pokemon y ( i only beat 4 gym leaders lmao i planned on beating it before alpha saphire came out oh well)

2. bayonetta 2 (never played it i plan on beating the first one before the second)

3. Borderlands 1 & 2 ( on both of those games i only got through the first boss)

4. fallout 3 ( i just got started on it)

5. yaiba ninja gaiden z ( never played it)

6. dark souls 2 ( never played it)

7. skyrim ( i beat the game on ps3 i recently got the legendary edition for my new 360 and to me it plays better on 360 so i guess the only thing left to do is beat the dlc i guess)

so what do you guys think i should get started on lol i got a lot more but those are the more recent games i want to play first.......

Man, so many games. I got Layton vs Phoenix Wright today. Have like 50 games that I haven't finished yet (or even played much). Gaming is turning into a job.

Hello everyone my name is bobby777 and i have quite a big backlog, like the many of you it started off by buying just a few games for cheap but then work and school kept me really busy and it just all started to pile up from there anyway here are the main games i would like to finish before the year is over hahahaha when the semester ends in december i should have a little bit more free time but not much since i will be working still anyway here is the list so far and my progress.

1. pokemon y ( i only beat 4 gym leaders lmao i planned on beating it before alpha saphire came out oh well)
2. bayonetta 2 (never played it i plan on beating the first one before the second)
3. Borderlands 1 & 2 ( on both of those games i only got through the first boss)
4. fallout 3 ( i just got started on it)
5. yaiba ninja gaiden z ( never played it)
6. dark souls 2 ( never played it)
7. skyrim ( i beat the game on ps3 i recently got the legendary edition for my new 360 and to me it plays better on 360 so i guess the only thing left to do is beat the dlc i guess)

so what do you guys think i should get started on lol i got a lot more but those are the more recent games i want to play first.......
go with the bayonettas. Should be a pleasant surprise.

Man, so many games. I got Layton vs Phoenix Wright today. Have like 50 games that I haven't finished yet (or even played much). Gaming is turning into a job.
i know what you mean man nowadays if i beat a game its mostly by rushing and not fully enjoying it like with south park a few months back, i wanted to explore the game more but i knew story mode was short plus i traded it in shortly after i beat if it comes cheap again will definitely pick up again and explore the world in the game O:)

Beat the story mode in Sunset Overdrive today. Well worth a purchase for any Xbox One owner. The open world is gorgeous and the game is entertaining all the way through.

Beat the story mode in Sunset Overdrive today. Well worth a purchase for any Xbox One owner. The open world is gorgeous and the game is entertaining all the way through.
That game is the first game since Alan Wake that I jealous towards Xbox owners. It looks like it is right up my alley. Alan Wake eventually came out for PC but I'm not holding my breath for Sunset to do the same thing.

Finished COD AW. I really really really really wanted the Multiplayer to be good but I absolutely hate it. So I am going to trade this in to GS tomorrow and hopefully with my B2G1 I can get Aliens Isolation, Shadows of Mordor and Lords of the Fallen.

Finished COD AW. I really really really really wanted the Multiplayer to be good but I absolutely hate it. So I am going to trade this in to GS tomorrow and hopefully with my B2G1 I can get Aliens Isolation, Shadows of Mordor and Lords of the Fallen.
Aliens, I thought, was really awesome. It got a couple mixed reviews from the press but it was still great.

So i Beat pokemon Y (did post elite four stuff, didn't collect all 719), Im taking a few days off my backlog since Halo is coming out. Once i play enough of it Im going to start Final Fantasy X.

I actually got a text from GS about it.
As did I.

Been a few months since I posted. I think my backlog has just managed to get bigger. All the games I have beaten lately are recent releases....Costume Quest 2, Fantasia: Music Evolved, and DanganRonpa 2 being the most recent. I can't wait for a week when a game I want to play DOESNT come out.

Taking a break from the current gen consoles and going to finish a few last gen games. Beat Red Dead Redemption - still a decent open world game but feeling a bit outdated more than four years later.

Last edited:
Taking a break from the current gen consoles and going to finish a few last gen games. Beat Red Dead Redemption - still a decent open world game but feeling a bit outdated more than four years later.
I played it about three years ago. It was better than GTA IV but I didn't like the ending. I'm sure we will see a sequel sometime this generation.

I can't believe it. I actually finished Lone Survivor. A game that I had given up on and restarted probably 5 times. I used a walkthrough because it was the only way for me to actually get through it and I can gladly cross this game off the backlog list.

Just finished Galaga Legion DX. Overall decent game. 9 bronze and 1 silver trophies for just beating 10 levels on easy. Glad to delete it from my hard drive. It's been in my backlog so long it had digital dust on it.

Just finished Galaga Legion DX. Overall decent game. 9 bronze and 1 silver trophies for just beating 10 levels on easy. Glad to delete it from my hard drive. It's been in my backlog so long it had digital dust on it.
Nice! Crossed that out a few months ago. Really fun, although too short.

I was about to quit Destiny because i RNGsus was being so mean to me, no raid gear nor raid weapon; and blam! 10 minutes before the weekly reset our team manage to beat the raid on Hard mode and got the last armor piece get my first L30 (2 guardians left) and the Vex Mythoclast. Therefore, my backlog will remain collecting dust. On the bright side, my backlog is not growing as i have made the decision to stop buying games, unless it's something that i reallly want.

bread's done
Back