The CAG Backlog Support Group.

I was able to cross Dark Souls 1 and 2 off my list

Yet, during the summer, instead of going through the Elder Scrolls series, i felt an urge to go back in time, so.....I spent a good couple weeks playing classic SNES RPGs, and was able to finally cross FFIV and FFVI off my list, while i've gotten far in those games, i never really beat em. During my "gaming with friends" sessions, was able to pretty much cross off the entire Halo and Gears of war series, even though they werent high on my list, games beaten equals less backlog...now I just try to beat The Last of Us: REmastered before Destiny comes out, but that's not looking good. My name's Squall and i'm a backlogaholic

I finished The Last of Us Remastered today. I will probably go through the DLC later tonight and then trade it in. I have been hanging out and relaxing with Port Royale 3 lately. I don't know what it is about the ship trading sort of games, but I love them.

I can finally cross off AC IV Black Flag. Woo Hoo!
I wish I could. :(

I'm still working on III. I recently restarted it in fact, and I am enjoying it more than I initially did. I just am taking a bit of a break at the moment, but will go back soon to finish it off.

For right now, I am playing the Prince of Persia reboot from 2008. I played and beat it at launch on the X360, and am giving it a go on the PS3 now. My goal is to get a platinum, but we shall see if I have the patience for that.

Ummm so I have a problem and I know it. I have about 200 plus I have not beaten, around 150 of those I have not even started lol. And I am going to pick up one and reserve two more games today. 

Ummm so I have a problem and I know it. I have about 200 plus I have not beaten, around 150 of those I have not even started lol. And I am going to pick up one and reserve two more games today.
Welcome to the group lol.

I cleaned up Sly Cooper 1 for the Vita this weekend, and made some progress on Tales of Grace and will hopefully finish it by the end of the month. I'm also messing around with Borderlands 2 with some friends in preperation for the new Borderlands game.

Next up: :vita: Resistance, :xb1: Destiny

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a great ethical dilemma, Shoot Many Robots was a GwG last year and i played it and got all the cheevos, however i did not finish the campaign on the highest difficulty. Would it be wrong to remove it from the backlog under these circumstances ?  

I have a great ethical dilemma, Shoot Many Robots was a GwG last year and i played it and got all the cheevos, however i did not finish the campaign on the highest difficulty. Would it be wrong to remove it from the backlog under these circumstances ?
Personally, I don't consider difficulty a determining factor. I have to admit a lot of games I have crossed off, I have played on easy or normal. I also stopped caring about trophies for the most part, but a lot of gamers really do care about them. My goal was to get through as many of my games as I can no matter what it takes. I am closing in on 100 finished games since I started this thread. It really depends on your goal. Playstation plus has given me a ton of games, whether it has been free or just heavily discounted. Not all these games are worth sitting there, grinding out trophies and spending a lot of time with, but they are worth a playthrough, so that's what I do.

Started up Shovel Knight finally. WTF took me so long?

Still hacking away at Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn trying to get that Platinum. What a grind.

I'd say it depends on the game. In the case of Shoot Many Robots, the game is just more of the same, so once I popped the last achievement, I promptly deleted it off my hard drive.

If it was a game like Brothers on the other hand, I'd almost call it a sin for not completing the game after the last achievement (since you're near the end at that point anyways).

Totally remove it, unless you dug the game enough to where that is a serious milestone for yourself.

For me, it really depends on the game. If I like it, I want to go back and beat it on another difficulty, or get some more trophies, so I won't remove it. If it was just average, or if I just have no desire to go back, as long as I have beat it, I cross it off the list.

Finished this up today.
Nice bro, how was it? I've heard it is the best one since AC:B.

Totally remove it, unless you dug the game enough to where that is a serious milestone for yourself.

For me, it really depends on the game. If I like it, I want to go back and beat it on another difficulty, or get some more trophies, so I won't remove it. If it was just average, or if I just have no desire to go back, as long as I have beat it, I cross it off the list.

Nice bro, how was it? I've heard it is the best one since AC:B.
It's very good, the single player was a nice length and has a ton of content. A large portion of the game is ship/sailing based, which I enjoyed.

I haven't posted in here in a while but September has been a very productive month for me. I had dubbed it "The Great Xbox One run of September" I was able to finish 8 games while also playing destiny coop(Child of Light, Peggle 2, Strider, Super Time Force,Max: curse of brotherhood, Halo spartan assault, Guacamelee and Watch_Dogs) they were all on my xbox one. I'm finishing out the month playing Hyrule warriors.

Im glad everyone is getting through their backlogs, lets keep it up for October. ( I was thinking about calling it Nintendober :D )

I'll probably change it back soon. Right now I am trying to finish Assassin's Creed 2. I think I am on Sequence 7, I'll probably finish it on Friday or latest Sunday.
Ok

I liked the pic of the dog, so cute :)

I didn't realize who you were for awhile because of lack of said dog :0

I still haven't beaten AC2. I played it then got bored and just left it. This was like 2 years ago?

Ok

I liked the pic of the dog, so cute :)

I didn't realize who you were for awhile because of lack of said dog :0

I still haven't beaten AC2. I played it then got bored and just left it. This was like 2 years ago?
That's what I did. I even restarted it, but then I saw my completion was at 18% so I decided to continue that file. I am pretty sure that I am over 50% by now. There are two DLCs that I downloaded too. Apparently when ACII came out It skipped sequence 12 and 13 and went from 11 to 14. I'm not sure why or what that's about, but the Deluxe download version came with 12 and 13. I am interested how they fit those chapters in the game. I'll find out soon I'm sure. Now that I am deeper in the game, I like it a lot more.

Finished Assassin's Creed 2. I enjoyed Sequences 1-8, but after that the game went down hill. I have the digital deluxe version that came with sequences 12 and 13, which neitehr one of thsoe come with trophies and I just wanted to skip them, but despite my best efforts of deleting and reinstalling, I couldn't get rid of them. Glad it's over though because this was  a 20+ hour game on my backlog. I think I am going to start playing Deadly Premonition tonight, but I have to go to sleep early because I have to get up around 7am for an 8 hour school day tomorrow.

Finished The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 tonight. Was expecting it to be overhyped but I enjoyed it more than I thought.

Last edited:
Finished Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. What a dreadful awful mess. I honestly think the only reason I was able to finish it was because it wasn't nearly as bad as Thief, which I only got halfway through. I can't wait to trade it tomorrow.

I'm still working on FFX, but also started a new game, pix the cat

This is me right now-> :gamer:

Edit:

Damn can't remember the little video game guy emote in here :(

I'm about 52 hours through Fallout 3 GOTY. What a fantastic game. Probably another 20 minutes or so from the full 1550 gamerscore. Would like to do some more exploring but I'm hoping to make a dent in my backlog before I get an Xbox One, hopefully around black friday if the deals are good. 

Not sure what to play next. Would like to finish Dishonored, then jump into Far Cry 3. Too many unplayed games to decide on haha.

I'm about 52 hours through Fallout 3 GOTY. What a fantastic game. Probably another 20 minutes or so from the full 1550 gamerscore. Would like to do some more exploring but I'm hoping to make a dent in my backlog before I get an Xbox One, hopefully around black friday if the deals are good.

Not sure what to play next. Would like to finish Dishonored, then jump into Far Cry 3. Too many unplayed games to decide on haha.
Dishonored and Far Cry 3 are great games. I really hope they end up making a sequel for Dishonored.

Dishonored and Far Cry 3 are great games. I really hope they end up making a sequel for Dishonored.
I've never been a huge fan of stealth based games, but Dishonored is pretty great. I beat it on the Low Chaos setting and I'd like to go back for the High Chaos play through next for the full 1000GS. I'd also like to see a Dishonored 2, hopefully with more of an open world free roaming play style. That's probably the only thing I'd change about it, I wasn't such a huge fan of the linear approach but the gameplay definitely made the game so good for me.

Just finished Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Not nearly as bad as the reviews said, however it is incredibly buggy. I played the whole game coop and multiple times on the final boss it would drop me out of the game. We had to restart at least 3 levels and it crashed once. All the bugs we encountered were pretty major, but we finished it. I've been chipping away at Tales of Symphonia between games. I'm 20 hours in and I am using a walkthrough to speed up the process. I played it a long time ago when it was on the gamecube so I am not afraid of missing out on the "experience." My goal is to finish ToS sometime in October. It would really take a significant chunk off my backlog hour wise.

Just finished Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Not nearly as bad as the reviews said, however it is incredibly buggy. I played the whole game coop and multiple times on the final boss it would drop me out of the game. We had to restart at least 3 levels and it crashed once. All the bugs we encountered were pretty major, but we finished it. I've been chipping away at Tales of Symphonia between games. I'm 20 hours in and I am using a walkthrough to speed up the process. I played it a long time ago when it was on the gamecube so I am not afraid of missing out on the "experience." My goal is to finish ToS sometime in October. It would really take a significant chunk off my backlog hour wise.
Good choice man, Tales of Symphonia is my favorite in the series! Are you noticing weird drops in frame rate or lag in command input when you play? I only played about two hours a few months ago, but I remember having both problems.

Good choice man, Tales of Symphonia is my favorite in the series! Are you noticing weird drops in frame rate or lag in command input when you play? I only played about two hours a few months ago, but I remember having both problems.
It's better than Vesperia?

That's really interesting. I haven't noticed any performance issues. Were you playing on the disc? I am playing the digital versions. Maybe that's why?

I absolutely loved Vesperia and can comfortably say that Symphonia is better because of the story. When it was first released I would say that the story line is the best I had played since Final Fantasy 7. I not sure how the story has held up to all the other JRPGs since, but I'm sure it still can run with the best.

So I'm making unrealistic goals for my backlog, I'm going to attempt to beat (not sure about 100%) Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Y, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. Not to mention the games I'm getting day one by the end of the year. So I'm going to attempt the impossible.

Edit: it seems pretty impossible, maybe if i made a time chart for the rest of the year?

Yes I think it is way better, though I'm only 1/3 the way through Vesperia.

That's really interesting. I haven't noticed any performance issues. Were you playing on the disc? I am playing the digital versions. Maybe that's why?
I was playing the disc version, but I picked up the digital version during the Golden Week sale, so I guess I will just switch to the digital version. I am relieved to hear that you haven't had any issues, because the lag and frame rate drop were the two reasons I stopped playing.

So I'm making unrealistic goals for my backlog, I'm going to attempt to beat (not sure about 100%) Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Y, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. Not to mention the games I'm getting day one by the end of the year. So I'm going to attempt the impossible.

Edit: it seems pretty impossible, maybe if i made a time chart for the rest of the year?
Do an excel sheet (or open office) and use howlongtobeat.com to figure out the time. Depending on how many games you end up buying, I think it's possible depending on how much time you can invest...which I guess is all relative. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

Do an excel sheet (or open office) and use howlongtobeat.com to figure out the time. Depending on how many games you end up buying, I think it's possible depending on how much time you can invest...which I guess is all relative. I BELIEVE IN YOU.
Thanks for the advice. I should be able to do some each day and not many games coming out that I'm getting day one, only like 5. I got started on Final Fantasy IX , so far its pretty awesome!

Everyone has been saying I can't do it so thanks for believing in me.

Would like to hear some opinions from other CAGs who are swimming in backlogs right now. What do you guys think about making the jump to next gen? Between GwG every month and the sales lately, I have about 50 downloadable retail games on my 360 I need to get through. I've been trying to convince myself that I can wait until next years Black Friday to buy a new system, but I've been really second guessing it lately. I'm trying to enjoy games like Bad Company 2, which I'm absolutely loving, but since it's so old it's sometimes hard to find a game with more than 10 people in it. With CODAW and the Halo Collection right around the corner, I'm wondering if now isn't the perfect time to ditch the backlog and get online with the latest games without the worry of empty servers. It helps that I'm sitting on a ton of credit from the recent Wal Mart trade in promo, but I just feel like it would be such a waste to buy a new system right now. At the same time, I'd probably miss out on this gen all together by the time I made it through my entire 360 backlog. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this dilemma, so what do you guys think?

Would like to hear some opinions from other CAGs who are swimming in backlogs right now. What do you guys think about making the jump to next gen? Between GwG every month and the sales lately, I have about 50 downloadable retail games on my 360 I need to get through. I've been trying to convince myself that I can wait until next years Black Friday to buy a new system, but I've been really second guessing it lately. I'm trying to enjoy games like Bad Company 2, which I'm absolutely loving, but since it's so old it's sometimes hard to find a game with more than 10 people in it. With CODAW and the Halo Collection right around the corner, I'm wondering if now isn't the perfect time to ditch the backlog and get online with the latest games without the worry of empty servers. It helps that I'm sitting on a ton of credit from the recent Wal Mart trade in promo, but I just feel like it would be such a waste to buy a new system right now. At the same time, I'd probably miss out on this gen all together by the time I made it through my entire 360 backlog. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this dilemma, so what do you guys think?
Honestly, I went on both PS4 and XB1 and I'm not worried. Sure I still have a backlog from GWG and PS+ But I just pick what I want to play from them rather then feeling tied down by it. My 360 and PS3 are still getting plenty of play time.

I agree with AvengedBacklog. I play my PS3 all the time still. I still have physical and of course digital games that I want to play, but that doesn't stop me from buying the occasional PS4 game, which I give that my highest priority, but once I finish that, I start right back on my PS3 backlog. This allows me to play the games that I have meaning to play that I never got around to and also let the Next Gen games drop in price. As far as CODAW and Halo Collection, if you plan on getting a next gen console and those games, I think you will still feel like going back to your 360 and playing some of your older games. I have played quite a lot of games on my PS4, but just yesterday I finished Lego Pirates and played Tales of Symphonia all day.

Side note: I can't wait for COD AW. I have a lot of faith in Sledgehammer Games.

I bought a PS4 day 1 because a- Sony squashed the DRM, no used games b.s and b- I had some extra cash and I would rather have the system sooner than later. I haven't played PS4 as much as many since I'm still working on my backlog from earlier generations but I'd imagine that after 2015 passes I will be almost exclusively this generation.

bread's done
Back