The CAG Backlog Support Group.

How is it? I was thinking of picking up Darksiders Warmastered next month. (Never played either game)
It is similar to a god of war/devil may cry type of game. The art seems to be based on Joe Madureira's style. He used to have a comic called Battle Chasers, but I think he eventually worked for Marvel comics.

There is a level called the black throne that can be tedious, especially if you need to go back to it. (I would use a walk through for that part if you want to get all the items). The puzzles aren't too difficult. There seems to be a lot of grinding if you want to fully upgrade your weapons (that is a trophy). I would also recommend playing it on apocalyptic difficultly as that is a trophy and normal isn't too difficult.

My only real complaint is: Make sure you save every time you open a chest. If you die, you will lose the item from it even if you went to a new checkpoint without manually saving. I spent 3 hours last night looking for an item I "missed", that I had already picked up in a previous game that I didn't manually save.

It is a solid adventure game. I am really thorough, so It will probably take me 32-35 hours to finish it (I am at 30 hours and I have 1 level/boss left). A normal gamer could probably finish it in 20 hours or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is similar to a god of war/devil may cry type of game. The art seems to be based on Joe Madureira's style. He used to have a comic called Battle Chasers, but I think he eventually worked for Marvel comics.

There is a level called the black throne that can be tedious, especially if you need to go back to it. (I would use a walk through for that part if you want to get all the items). The puzzles aren't too difficult. There seems to be a lot of grinding if you want to fully upgrade your weapons (that is a trophy). I would also recommend playing it on apocalyptic difficultly as that is a trophy and normal isn't too difficult.

My only real complaint is: Make sure you save every time you open a chest. If you die, you will lose the item from it even if you went to a new checkpoint without manually saving. I spent 3 hours last night looking for an item I "missed", that I had already picked up in a previous game that I didn't manually save.

It is a solid adventure game. I am really thorough, so It will probably take me 32-35 hours to finish it (I am at 30 hours and I have 1 level/boss left). A normal gamer could probably finish it in 20 hours or less.
How is it? I was thinking of picking up Darksiders Warmastered next month. (Never played either game)
I've heard it described as God of War meets Zelda and I definitely saw why when I played through it. Never played the 2nd one though.

OMG YES!!!!!!

Saved up 15 lootboxes for Overwatch. I was losing hope, since those were the ones I got after prestiging. Lo and behold, on the very final one I finally got my queen, the Witch Mercy Skin!!!!!

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this. Thanks guys for the support!

Decided to start trying to keep track of working through my backlog of games (among many other backlogs: movies, books, anime... and other hobbies:  watching sports, crafting).

Started to work on the 3DS backlog as I can play while a given sporting event is on the TV.

Finished up Kirby: Planet Robobot. Really enjoyed the mechanic of using the robot and the game itself was easy enough without feeling boring. Also finally got around to taking care of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright as I had left off several months ago around Chapter 24. Next up is working through FE Fates: Conquest and Revelation.

Decided to start trying to keep track of working through my backlog of games (among many other backlogs: movies, books, anime... and other hobbies: watching sports, crafting).

Started to work on the 3DS backlog as I can play while a given sporting event is on the TV.

Finished up Kirby: Planet Robobot. Really enjoyed the mechanic of using the robot and the game itself was easy enough without feeling boring. Also finally got around to taking care of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright as I had left off several months ago around Chapter 24. Next up is working through FE Fates: Conquest and Revelation.
I'm not really keeping track like I should be but I don't have many short games sadly. Most of mine are RPGS and I have been playing at a snails pace lately.
Going to try harder in 2017

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I've long since abandoned the idea of *finishing* games.  I just play now until I get bored of it, and then just move onto another game.  I know, I know, I should finish games, but just not enough time anymore.

Finally finished Mafia 3! Wow, an absolutely fantastic game. I haven't felt this amazed at a game since GTA V, and I think the ending is 100x better than GTA V. If anyone is even remotely interested in open-world games, or games that takes risks with crazy, unfiltered stories, I definitely recommend it. This is one of the few games I felt was more than a video game, and the story really captured a cinematic and historical feel. I know people'll say The Last of Us moved them or whatnot, but this is really something else. There are flaws, quite a few with the pacing of the gameplay, but it didn't impede the experience for me. Again, totally recommend this, best game I've played this year. 

Not sure where to go next, maybe I'll play some indies.

Today I downloaded and started playing pushmo as something different.
So far it's cute and fun but I don't know if it can hold my attention long enough to finish all the puzzles

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

I've long since abandoned the idea of *finishing* games. I just play now until I get bored of it, and then just move onto another game. I know, I know, I should finish games, but just not enough time anymore.
Kinda the same here too.. well, in my case I do aim to "finish" a game but I just play games with the understanding not all are worth finishing and that it's ok to leave them at some point. Recently dropped playing Just Cause 3 for that reason.

sent from my 6-dimensional galaxy s32 razor edge hyper cube plus using black hole end-of-time app for android while riding a laser gun mounted t-rex revived from extinction

I stopped playing Darksiders after my last post. I think I am burned out on games for a while. Like others have said, it becomes a bit of a chore to finish the things I started. I might play something light, like a lego game or something.

I'm in the mood for Uncharted 4. I played about 2 hours last night. Amazing looking game
Yeah, imo, its the best looking game on console. Possibly best looking game of all time. I've beaten the SP and sold it, but recently rebought the LE to try the updates to the MP.

I stopped playing Darksiders after my last post. I think I am burned out on games for a while. Like others have said, it becomes a bit of a chore to finish the things I started. I might play something light, like a lego game or something.
Yeah, I felt like that after beating Mafia 3 and grinding out OW. I'm in the same boat, don't want to go for a long gaming commitment again so soon. Actually, people complain about CoD having 4-5 hour campaigns, but at least they don't tire you out. I might go play some indies like Journey again, beat it in one playthrough last time.

OMG WE CAN CREATE POLLS
Yep! And up to 3 a thread! And you can edit them anytime!

Finished the really weird game Weeping Doll and got all the trophies. Finishing the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 Plat tonight and then moving on to the Remastered Version of Modern Warfare, because I've never played it. 

I really have to stop going for trophies. It slows down my backlog, but with Tony Hawk Pro Skater I felt that actually complete it was to get all of the trophies. 

A little over 11 hours into Devil Survivor 2 and I have 2 more free battles to go to Crack skills then to end day 2 and start day 3.

Got two new temp party members who won't be there at the start of day 3 and one who I started with who might be gone for a bit too.

Really enjoying the game and I wonder how long it is going to take me to beat this and move on.

Also, in Pushmo I have beaten about 57 or so puzzles.

I ended up getting the mercy skin so now I'm back to playing heroes of the storm. I want to start another game but I don't know which one.

Finally finished Mafia 3! Wow, an absolutely fantastic game. I haven't felt this amazed at a game since GTA V, and I think the ending is 100x better than GTA V. If anyone is even remotely interested in open-world games, or games that takes risks with crazy, unfiltered stories, I definitely recommend it. This is one of the few games I felt was more than a video game, and the story really captured a cinematic and historical feel. I know people'll say The Last of Us moved them or whatnot, but this is really something else. There are flaws, quite a few with the pacing of the gameplay, but it didn't impede the experience for me. Again, totally recommend this, best game I've played this year.

Not sure where to go next, maybe I'll play some indies.
Mafia 3 is in my queue, so I'll be looking forward to starting it....at some point.

Mafia 3 is in my queue, so I'll be looking forward to starting it....at some point.
Good luck! I actually just sold the game, but will rebuy it either on BF or when the season pass content comes out. It was fetching $45 at BB, so there's no way I can't rebuy it at that price or less.

Just finished the first part of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, usually will put games away when the credit screen shows, but I actually really liked the story, so I'll play the other parts as well.

Made onto Chapter 13 of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and I can see why this is the more difficult of the two base games. Tons more thought and decision-making go into each stage (and the objectives are more varied instead of just "kill all units"). Serious respect for those who don't play on casual, as I probably would have given up in frustration a lot sooner if perma-death was turned on. Stuck on Chapter 13 after attempting a few runs (and having bad luck with hit percentages), so I'll probably give it another attempt after work tomorrow by playing some side-quest levels first to help buff some of my units up.

Made onto Chapter 13 of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and I can see why this is the more difficult of the two base games. Tons more thought and decision-making go into each stage (and the objectives are more varied instead of just "kill all units"). Serious respect for those who don't play on casual, as I probably would have given up in frustration a lot sooner if perma-death was turned on. Stuck on Chapter 13 after attempting a few runs (and having bad luck with hit percentages), so I'll probably give it another attempt after work tomorrow by playing some side-quest levels first to help buff some of my units up.
I really want to pick up the fire emblem games.
Never played one before though.

19.5 hours in and just finished Day 3 of Devil Survivor 2.
There was also a couple hours lost because I accidentally got someone killed so I had to go back to a previous save state to rectify that error.

After seeing a show about finding treasure and another show on the Mayans. I have an urge to play the uncharted series. IDK if I ever finished the first game, so I guess I'll revisit it. I think I missed a treasure and I got pissed that I couldn't go back.

After seeing a show about finding treasure and another show on the Mayans. I have an urge to play the uncharted series. IDK if I ever finished the first game, so I guess I'll revisit it. I think I missed a treasure and I got pissed that I couldn't go back.
Don't worry about the treasures. I'm playing Uncharted 4 and noticed I'm already missing 15 or so treasures. Just have fun with it and don't stress about the McGuffins.

The first one might be a little boring compared to the rest of the series since your limited to just the jungle & run down forts.

Beat Mario Party Star Rush sort of or unlocked everything but the second instrument set and the last challenge tower option. Bought Cartoon Network Battle Crashers which in retrospect was a huge mistake. No voice acting and you cannot play as your favorite character only. Plus Clarence is a terrible character overall. His damage stinks. After beating the game I suppose if your skilled enough you could play as your favorite but it would be difficult. It is painfully short with little replay value and some back tracking. It really needed voice acting though. WOW HARDCORE is one hit kill mode. Ya this game this game......

Finished Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest...but I had to notch the difficulty down to Phoenix so I could finish the damn thing. I enjoyed the story, but for the sake of the backlog I set the game to super-easy for quicker completion.

One more story path left in Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, then I can set the "trilogy" aside for something else. At least this path is a bit shorter. I probably won't get to it for a few days as I have a knitting project I need to complete by the middle of next week and that's been taking the bulk of my free time.

Finished Day 4 of Devil Survivor 2.
26 game play hours.
This is the halfway point as there are 4 more days to go, but this was the first really tough boss.
I expect that I'll probably finish the game in about 60 hours and then I can start the second story.

Bought pokemon sun and moon and I'll let the kid play one while I play the other, but I might save that for Xmas so that I can beat devil survivor first.

Beat Batman Episode 4. I'm out of games to play till FF XV but at least I got Overwatch.

Edit:

Going to replay Infamous Second Son, Ratchet and Clank with my cousin who is visiting and I got Deus Ex Mankind Divided again.

Finally finished all three routes in Fire Emblem Fates. Enjoyable story overall. In the meantime, my Pokemon Sun and Moon steelbook showed up (that I had completely forgotten about). Gave my brother the copy of Pokemon Moon, so Pokemon Sun is next up on the portable list.

One game down....but just added a dozen more with Black Friday sales. CAG life!

Finally finished all three routes in Fire Emblem Fates. Enjoyable story overall. In the meantime, my Pokemon Sun and Moon steelbook showed up (that I had completely forgotten about). Gave my brother the copy of Pokemon Moon, so Pokemon Sun is next up on the portable list.

One game down....but just added a dozen more with Black Friday sales. CAG life!
Yeah, I accidentally added quite a few 3ds games to my list and I play slow....

Damn sales

Finished Battlefield 1 Single player, find the Multiplayer really boring so I'll consider that finished for now. Single player was absolutely amazing though, I would've considered the game complete for $60 even if it just had SP. A truly riveting experience mixing story telling and great combat.

Gonna play through my Black Friday games now, starting with Rachet and Clank. Never played the original, but if they were like this one, then the game was truly ahead of it's time. There are really awesome gameplay elements that even modern games don't do, like the upgrade system.

Finished Battlefield 1 Single player, find the Multiplayer really boring so I'll consider that finished for now. Single player was absolutely amazing though, I would've considered the game complete for $60 even if it just had SP. A truly riveting experience mixing story telling and great combat.

Gonna play through my Black Friday games now, starting with Rachet and Clank. Never played the original, but if they were like this one, then the game was truly ahead of it's time. There are really awesome gameplay elements that even modern games don't do, like the upgrade system.
Ya, Ratchet and Clank is great but the OG on PS2 did not have the upgrade system get Ratchet and Clank Collection which is cheap on PS3 or better yet buy the entire series on PS2, PSP and PS3. Got FF XV which will be my last PS4 game for the year.

Ya, Ratchet and Clank is great but the OG on PS2 did not have the upgrade system get Ratchet and Clank Collection which is cheap on PS3 or better yet buy the entire series on PS2, PSP and PS3. Got FF XV which will be my last PS4 game for the year.
Oh wow, they put in quite a bit of work in this one then.

Last PS4 game to buy, or last one to play for the year?

I just started playing Bioshock: The Collection. It wasn't really in my backlog since I bought it on Black Friday, but I've been wanting to play the first Bioshock again for about two years. I held off because I thought a remaster would be coming. It's awesome that all three are in one package. After I finished my session with Bioshock 1 I thought, wow, I also have upgrades for Bioshock 2 and Infinite after this.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night is another game I started playing from my Black Friday haul.

Oh wow, they put in quite a bit of work in this one then.

Last PS4 game to buy, or last one to play for the year?
Not really it has less worlds, is shorter and the upgrade system was added in Going Commando aka Ratchet and Clank 2. They also reused several weapons from the PS3 games and character models. It was $39.99 on release for a reason not that it wasn't worth it at that price.

Last PS4 game to buy this year. I was going to get The Last Guardian but I figure that will drop like a rock.

Edit: Beat Ratchet and Clank PS4 again. Might replay it a fourth time for the trophies I missed and I decided to replay Infamous Second Son for the evil ending but the ending in Infamous 2 was sad. I'm going to be picking up Super Mario Maker 3DS soon.

Finished Day 5 of Devil Survivor 2 at 32.5 hours. Took me 8.5 hours to finish the day and I believe this is now second on my list for ds games in terms of hours.
Lost an actual battle during this day because I didn't prepare properly.
Story took a turn.

Also put about an hour into Pokémon moon and a few stages in Pushmo.

Goal is to try to finish a day in game time every week until I finish it.

Definitely got to get back into tackling this beast.  Currently, working on Dead Rising 2: Case Zero since I got it for free with Xbox Live Gold.  Trying to level cap, before I start Dead Rising 2.  Also, should I stop and play Dead Rising first?

Definitely got to get back into tackling this beast. Currently, working on Dead Rising 2: Case Zero since I got it for free with Xbox Live Gold. Trying to level cap, before I start Dead Rising 2. Also, should I stop and play Dead Rising first?
Dead Rising 2 has minor improvements here and there and going from 2 to 1 might be difficult. If you have a Wii you could try that version of Dead Rising 1 I remember enjoying it quite a bit. If you play 2 you could play Off the Record as well but those events aren't canon obviously. If you want the full story and avoid the non canon games play Dead Rising 1 or Dead Rising Wii, then Dead Rising Case Zero and West, then Dead Rising 2 and lastly Dead Rising 3.

Finished Rachet and Clank, thanks to all for the little tidbits about the game, it was really fun and interesting.

I guess it was pretty short after all. Happy to get a Black Friday game finished early.

I still have to play the challenge mode for the trophy, but I'll save it for another run.

Gonna finished Titanfall 2 now and start WWE 2K17.

I finished the story mode for Persona 4: Dancing All Night. It sure had a lot of story. I'm kind of relieved to be done with it, and I'm enjoying free dance.

I'm glad I bought the dlc that I did when the 10% off code was active. I got a bunch of songs and the summer vacation clothes. And I already had the bikini dlc since I claimed them from PSN when they were free for a week.

I liked seeing all the stuff that can be unlocked in the shop. I never really cared about collecting cosmetics before. Overwatch got me into it.

And there we go, finished Titanfall 2 as well. A spectacular campaign, very well done. Best I've ever played for an FPS.

Might play a few rounds of Multiplayer now.

That makes BF1, TF2, Mafia 3, and Rachet and Clank all done.

Well, I checked my uncharted saves and it turns out I had already finished the game years ago. lol I did some trophy cleanup though. I also found a recap video, so I may dive into uncharted 2.

Alright, once finals end for me this week, I'm going to start playing some pokemon games. I got really into it once I started watching those Pokemon generations videos on youtube. 

I'm thinking I'll start with Pokemon White and then move onto White 2. The B&W story line seemed pretty intense/interesting based on those Poke Gen. videos.

Is the B&W generation worth playing over Sun and Moon? I'll probably pick one of them up soon, but I already have White to play.

Omega Ruby was the first I ever played. I picked up Sun/Moon for me and my boy. Also picked up X/Y and sapphire during a target sale.
Now it seems I am trying to get all the games as a collection after I discovered that I had 4 gba versions that I bought years ago for whatever reason .....
I picked up a complete yellow Pikachu edition recently

I am now on the 7th day in Devil Survivor 2.
I made a save point so I can get multiple endings if I choose.
It took me 10.5 hours to get through the day and I assume that the 7th day is the last day.
After beating this is think I want to turn my attention to something else before beating the second story.
I'd like a couple of quick games and I also have the new pokemon needing love as everyone else is playing and now is the time to get in for all the trading and such.

I finished Uncharted 2 last night on Hard. I think this one is more forgiving than the original. Plenty of ammo. The 1st game, it seems like I always needed ammo even on Normal difficulty. I started some trophy clean up last night to find the missing treasures and get the gun kill trophies. I hate when they add in the dlc trophies to the count. Instead of being 80% done I am at 20%.

I finished Uncharted 2 last night on Hard. I think this one is more forgiving than the original. Plenty of ammo. The 1st game, it seems like I always needed ammo even on Normal difficulty. I started some trophy clean up last night to find the missing treasures and get the gun kill trophies. I hate when they add in the dlc trophies to the count. Instead of being 80% done I am at 20%.
The worst trophies are the ones that require you to play multiplayer. I imagine some trophies are impossible to finish now that the communities are dead.

Anyway, I started up Pokemon White on my n3DS, and man does it look ugly compared to the native resolution on the original DS. Everything is blurry and the colors are washed out. I guess upscaling pixel art doesn't translate very well.

I tried the start/select button trick to load the game in native resolution, but now I'm playing it in a tiny box that is half the size of the n3DS's screen lol.

I'm really tempted to just play it on my old DS since it looks so much better.

bread's done
Back