The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Wow Corg is killing it, already done with Mafia 3!? That game took me a month, mainly because I tried doing all the racket disruption objectives, even after I did the all damage I needed to do. Are you planning on platinuming it, or have you already got it. Always wanted to but was gonna wait a while so I took a break from the game, but ended up selling it...

So I wanted to ask, do you guys consider new releases that you pick up to be part of the backlog? Like Horizon and Zelda just came out, so do those fall straight into the backlog or into an "active games" thing? Just curious.

Currently unemployed :whistle2:\.
I believe the correct terminology is "free range Corgi." [emoji6]

Whatever job and career cross your path in the near future, I'm certain of your success. Your determination, planning skills, and motivation are quite obvious in this thread alone. Best of luck, buddy, and game on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the correct terminology is "free range Corgi." [emoji6]

Whatever job and career cross your path in the near future, I'm certain of your success. Your determination, planning skills, and motivation are quite obvious in this thread alone. Best of luck, buddy, and game on!

Thank you very much!

Finally beat FF XV. The end boss was a joke. I think I used 2 or 3 potions and that's it.

Good timing since Zelda just came out now I can focus on that. I'm a few hours in and I love the fact that it doesn't treat you like a complete moron. It just throws you in the world with very little tutorial. I like figuring stuff out on my own.

Wow wtf happened!? FFXV just turned into a terrible game in the 2nd half. Before Chapter 6, I would've given it a 9.5/10. Now that I've beaten it, a 6/10. 

HEAVY SPOILERS (Don't read unless you beat the game) - I'm only putting this here since I read a lot of you have beaten the game already, and wanted to express an opinion about it.

Let's not fool ourselves, the 2nd half of the game is obviously very rushed through. Minimal interactions, fights, dialogue. The chapters are insanely short, the graphics look so unpolished. Not even just chapter 13, but everything after Altissa seemed like an entirely different game, key story elements were ignored or thrown around randomly. Ardyn's and Gentiana's true identities could've been revealed in a much better way. Plus, what happened to the other side characters, Cid, Iris, Areana, Cindy? Next to no mention of them after the 10 years. I might go an explore the world to see if they are still there but I highly doubt it.

Also, inconsequential deaths is my biggest complaint about the game, not even the story but everything. So many characters die with such little significance. Regis died in the first 5 minutes, and we didn't get a feel for who he was. Luna as well, no interaction with her but memoir cutscenes. Ravus, a character that could've been another Sepheroth, or an amazing anti-hero, died off screen. In fact almost everyone died off screen. Jared too, like wtf!? They had to kill some NPC who just wanted to help? And we didn't even get anything but a mention? No cutscene? Also the Regalia, poor girl... they had to do her in like a Michael Bay movie. No after story about her either, no digging up and repairing her. And finally, Noctis. Now I know that his death helps facilitate the ending of the game, but it feels so cheap that they just kill him off after everything. Like they could've kept him alive too, it didn't matter since the game already ended, but just to desperately evoke some feelings in the end, they just went for it.

But the thing I am most disappointed about is the lack of a potential for a sequel. There's always the possibility that something else goes wrong in Lucis, and someone will have to take the helm, but the entire royal lineage is already dead...

My dream sequel was an all female cast in contrast to this one. Where Luna is the protagonist in FFXV-2, kinda like how Serah was in FFXIII-2. And for her 3 partners, she would have Areana, Cindy, and Iris. Not trying to make an all female Ghostbusters here, but with how FFXIII-2 was, and how FFX-2 also was like, a 3 female party leading, it just makes a lot of sense and would be cool. But they screwed that all up...

Got two more games to add to the backlog.

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 PS4

Mario Superstars, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Sonic Mania and NieR: Automata going to be one expensive month.

Beaten 8
Playing Overwatch PC
Backlog Final Fantasy XV PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 Kingdom Hearts 2.8 PS4 The Walking Dead The Telltale Series A New Frontier PS4 Legna Tactica 3DS Overwatch PC

Probably close to the end of the 3rd Island in Pokémon moon.
Friend coming into town this week so almost no gaming for me.
Wife going out of town at end of the month so plan on destroying FFXV

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

Beat Kingdom Hearts 2.8 PS4 sort of. Was planning on beating the .2 Part which was short. I don't want to do all the objectives and I figure it will lead to 3 and hopefully not another side game. To many Kingdom Heart side games. Onto Horizon Zero Dawn.

Beaten 8
Playing Overwatch PC
Backlog Final Fantasy XV PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 The Walking Dead The Telltale Series A New Frontier PS4 Legna Tactica 3DS Overwatch PC

35 hours 10 minutes and I am on Island 4. Last Island took me 14 hours.
Hopefully this last Island is quicker because I'd like to wrap this game up now

I started playing Doom this month. It's pretty awesome. I restarted it twice after completing two levels. The first time was because it was bugging me I didn't find all the secrets. The second time was because I decided to play on hard instead of normal.

The only thing is not having jump set to L2 is messing with my head. I'm used to L2 being jump because that's what I have it set to in Overwatch. I thought I'll just get used to it, but when I played Overwatch after playing Doom I almost fell off a cliff because I didn't jump. I'm going to think more about swapping buttons with the PS4's custom button mapping.

Playing through Horizon: Zero Dawn now, it's pretty decent and fun, but I can see the game growing stale if you try to play too much at once.

Sadly, I don't think it's going to win GOTY. If it was any other year, even last year, it probably would've beaten Overwatch and Uncharted 4. But this year with Zelda, Mass Effect, and Persona 5, it really doesn't stand a chance. It feels like a game with a lot of fresh ideas and very polished. The developers put a lot of effort into making it accessible for everyone, multiple savepoints, a good quest tab system, a quick and efficient crafting system. 

It'll probably only get mentioned as runner up or an honorable mention when the year ends, which is a shame. If there's an award for effort and hard work, Horizon definitely deserves it.

The only thing is not having jump set to L2 is messing with my head. I'm used to L2 being jump because that's what I have it set to in Overwatch. I thought I'll just get used to it, but when I played Overwatch after playing Doom I almost fell off a cliff because I didn't jump. I'm going to think more about swapping buttons with the PS4's custom button mapping.
Hey there, fellow bumper jumper!

I have to re-map controls for all PS4/PS3 FPS. My muscle memory is stubborn and I have limited brain space available for learning controller layouts.

I managed to resist the urge for a Switch, but I have a bad feeling I'm gonna cave and buy a PS4 for Persona 5. Anybody know if they've said anything about how different the PS3/PS4 versions will be?

Tonight I beat Pokémon Moon at about 42 hours and my son beat Pokémon Sun at 55 hours. Weird.
Still going to play a bit go work on the Pokédex but moving on to Zelda

I managed to resist the urge for a Switch, but I have a bad feeling I'm gonna cave and buy a PS4 for Persona 5. Anybody know if they've said anything about how different the PS3/PS4 versions will be?
I ordered the ps4 special edition and it's just going to sit there while I play BOTW and still haven't finished FFXV

I haven't checked in for a while. I fizzled out on Jak 2. Haven't played since my last post. I did start Lego Marvel and I am enjoying it. I like how the game is a little more linear, so you know where to go for the next mission.

I did customize my Doom controls. With all the jumping and constant moving in the game it feels nice to instantly jump and keep control of my aim. It gives a greater sense of control

And I stopped caring about the secrets as much. From the first two levels I thought we would be able to double back and explore the map as long as we didn't click on the 'exit' switch at the end. But at one point the third level blocked me from going back to the majority of the map, so I left one secret behind. I didn't feel like restarting the entire stage.

I was hoping to look for secrets after clearing out a stage. Keeping secrets in mind while fighting through a stage breaks up the fun frenetic pace.

Playing through Horizon now. The game map feels kind of small, and I feel like I'm moving through the game way too quickly. Already easily taking down Thunder Jaws and have most of the skills unlocked, and I don't think I've put more than 15-20 hours into the game yet. This is such an awesome and refined game that I want to enjoy it as much as possible and not rush through it as if it were just another backlog game.

I think it's nothing gameplay wise, just some graphic options. Something like the rain not bouncing off the ground? The game isn't too visually impressive, and they've been working on it since the PS2 days, so I highly doubt the PS3 will be far off from the PS4 version.

I ordered the ps4 special edition and it's just going to sit there while I play BOTW and still haven't finished FFXV
How far are you into FFXV? You might not want to play that so close to P5 seeing as they are both long JRPGs. Very different styles but still might be tiring.

And I stopped caring about the secrets as much. From the first two levels I thought we would be able to double back and explore the map as long as we didn't click on the 'exit' switch at the end. But at one point the third level blocked me from going back to the majority of the map, so I left one secret behind. I didn't feel like restarting the entire stage.

I was hoping to look for secrets after clearing out a stage. Keeping secrets in mind while fighting through a stage breaks up the fun frenetic pace.
That game has a ton of secrets, even after you unlocked the entire map, there's just hidden stuff everywhere. I didn't even unlock like 75% of the weapons/upgrades/perks by the time I beat the game. Plus, some of the weapon upgrades require doing special tasks/kills that are insanely difficult. I think the rocket launcher one where you kill like 5 enemies in one clip took me like 3 stages. You do get to go back and redo anything after you beat the game though, so its easy to clean up those trophies at specific areas where those enemies spawn.

I think it's a super difficult platinum too, I read that you got to beat the game on Hell-mode or something, and I already struggled in normal mode. Not sure how I can make it through with enemies that one shot you.

Mostly all about the numbers. I've read everything from PS3/30fps/720p and PS4/60fps/1080p to PS3(720p)/PS4(1080p)/both 30fps. Loading times are mentioned, but they're talking about a difference of just a few seconds. And, no one's for sure if the Pro would even make an impact.

From Persona Central:

Persona 5 will have cross-save support for PS3 & PS4. Online features shared between PS3 & PS4, and do not need PS+.

Mostly all about the numbers. I've read everything from PS3/30fps/720p and PS4/60fps/1080p to PS3(720p)/PS4(1080p)/both 30fps. Loading times are mentioned, but they're talking about a difference of just a few seconds. And, no one's for sure if the Pro would even make an impact.

From Persona Central:
Interesting... might just get it on PS3 then. We'll see though, tax returns might cause a lapse in judgement.

Omg... you can shoot and break the rocks that the Behemoths throw. Why is Horizon like the best game ever? The attention to detail is astonishing. This game is so well polished, they thought of almost everything.

One of the very few games that make me want to play it more the further I get into the game. Most games after 20-25 hours in, I get tired of it. I actually don't want this game to end anytime soon.

The music is also absolutely phenomenal, just listen to that track in the opening main menu. Gives me chills. The fights are often so intense that it's easy to miss the music in the background.

I highly recommend Horizon, don't let this game be just "the game that came out around the same time as Zelda" and then forgotten. It's a brilliant effort with a new IP that you hardly see work out nowadays. This game should not be drowned out by Zelda, Mass Effect, and Persona.

You came from my link in the PSN Deals thread, huh? [emoji6]

Welcome to the group.

You got me too. It seemed like a place I should visit. I've been sitting here trying to decide whether to get Horizon or NieR next week, knowing full-well I have Mass Effect pre-ordered. I have to wonder what's wrong with me sometimes...

You got me too. It seemed like a place I should visit. I've been sitting here trying to decide whether to get Horizon or NieR next week, knowing full-well I have Mass Effect pre-ordered. I have to wonder what's wrong with me sometimes...
Welcome to you, too! [emoji6]

Nothing wrong with you. There's just too many great games, new and old.

people come here for backlog emotional support yes?

i have ~12 hours each into Nioh, Horizon, and Tales of Berseria. now i've stalled and the thought of jumping into any gives me anxiety   :cold:

now i've got zelda and will be picking up nier on friday...

Wow Corg is killing it, already done with Mafia 3!? That game took me a month, mainly because I tried doing all the racket disruption objectives, even after I did the all damage I needed to do. Are you planning on platinuming it, or have you already got it. Always wanted to but was gonna wait a while so I took a break from the game, but ended up selling it...

So I wanted to ask, do you guys consider new releases that you pick up to be part of the backlog? Like Horizon and Zelda just came out, so do those fall straight into the backlog or into an "active games" thing? Just curious.
I disappeared for a little bit, but I got rid of Mafia 3 shortly after I finished it.

Finished Hotline Miami 2, Unearthing Mars, and Loot Rascals. I was playing Zelda pretty hard, but I became obsessed with Loot Rascals. Probably going to play Zelda for awhile and switch to some other games too. I picked up Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian recently so those are probably going to go to the back of the backlog line. I also won a copy of Darknet for the PSVR which I'll probably play sooner rather than later.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and also happy to see that there are new people to thread!

people come here for backlog emotional support yes?

i have ~12 hours each into Nioh, Horizon, and Tales of Berseria. now i've stalled and the thought of jumping into any gives me anxiety :cold:
Now this sounds familiar. Or when you're sitting there with nothing to do, your backlog just staring you in the face, and you blow it off to go play Minecraft or something.

So I've played about 1.5 hours of BOTW but today I decided to keep playing Pokémon Moon post credit and work on my Pokédex.
For some reason I can't stop playing it

Beat Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight. It was decent with several secrets but I disliked some aspects. Got Blaster Master Zero on 3DS.

Beaten 9
Playing Overwatch PC
Backlog Final Fantasy XV PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 The Walking Dead The Telltale Series A New Frontier PS4 Blaster Master Zero 3DS Legna Tactica 3DS Overwatch PC

Started playing some Hitman (new disc version), since I didn't want to go through Horizon so fast. Heard people 100% that game in like 30 hours, so I wanted to have something distract me for a bit.

The game seems to have a short story mode (haven't beaten it yet) but since it was 6 episodes, and only 1 story chapter per episode, it seems relatively short. There are a lot of extra missions and stuff though, so there is definitely a ton of other content. But some of those missions seem super difficult. Especially not being able to save.

But the game is pretty fun though, very sandbox-like. Maybe I have a knack for killing people silently, I seem to get really high scores on all my missions, usually the highest out of my friends list. Perhaps I should think about changing my career path... Agent BRW.

Started playing some Hitman (new disc version), since I didn't want to go through Horizon so fast. Heard people 100% that game in like 30 hours, so I wanted to have something distract me for a bit.

The game seems to have a short story mode (haven't beaten it yet) but since it was 6 episodes, and only 1 story chapter per episode, it seems relatively short. There are a lot of extra missions and stuff though, so there is definitely a ton of other content. But some of those missions seem super difficult. Especially not being able to save.

But the game is pretty fun though, very sandbox-like. Maybe I have a knack for killing people silently, I seem to get really high scores on all my missions, usually the highest out of my friends list. Perhaps I should think about changing my career path... Agent BRW.
If you like a medieval setting try Styx as a stealth game as well. The game is way better then the original.

I beat Doom. It was great. Two reasons I wanted to get to playing it was I heard a few people say game of the year for 2016 is a toss up between Doom and Overwatch, and because I would like to delete that 70GB install from my PS4. Overwatch is still my game of 2016.

I liked doing all the upgrades that enhanced speed and mobility. I was constantly on the move. I felt like Genji from Overwatch but with guns. The last 25% of the game I swapped out my runes that gave further and faster glory kills for runes that dropped more armor and gives you unlimited ammo if you have a certain amount of armor. At that point I wanted more health and ammo. My third rune was the one that gave you more movement during jumps.

I think it's a super difficult platinum too, I read that you got to beat the game on Hell-mode or something, and I already struggled in normal mode. Not sure how I can make it through with enemies that one shot you.
The trophy tied to the hardest difficulty only requires you to beat the first level. It's not too hard since you really only have to do two fights. You can run past everything in the middle of the stage. In both fights I killed the demons as I kept to running around the area in a loop. In that difficulty you have to restart the entire campaign if you ever die, so it's nice you only have to beat the first level for the trophy.

The online trophies were easy. I won my first team deathmatch game, and in the middle of my third game I reached rank 5. The multiplayer was fun, but I won't be playing it anymore. It felt like I had an edge with the remapped jump button. I only saw one other player shooting while jump strafing.

I'm going to go for the platinum. I just need to max out a few more gun mods, find secrets, do some combat challenges, and get the trophies that are tied to snapmap

Maybe I have a knack for killing people silently, I seem to get really high scores on all my missions, usually the highest out of my friends list. Perhaps I should think about changing my career path... Agent BRW.
Mentally filed in case I have need of your services later.

I beat Doom. It was great. Two reasons I wanted to get to playing it was I heard a few people say game of the year for 2016 is a toss up between Doom and Overwatch, and because I would like to delete that 70GB install from my PS4.
Grats! I don't have the new one yet, but it's definitely a title I want. Though, 70GB? Ouch. That's Arkham Knight-level of data hogging. Also good to know that difficulty trophy is only for the first level.

As for gaming, during the time I've not been trying to get Ark working on my computer again, I've been juggling Mass Effect and Cyber Dimension Neptune. The thought when I started ME was to burn through the trilogy before Andromeda came out, but well...that's not happening. No big loss there since I've played through them before on xbox. Mako physics still kill me. I feel like the squad not commenting about your driving was a missed opportunity on BioWare's part. I justified importing Neptune because I'm studying Japanese. Considering I only know about half of the hiragana table and a few words from anime and repetition, it's been a little slow going. Google may have helped in some of the more lengthy dialogue exchanges. For those interested, here's a mini-review: the graphics (models/world/effects) are nice, the artwork (drawn) is beautiful, the music isn't bad, the character interaction is good, combat is very very very (very) repetitive.

Phew. Too many more posts of this length and I'll have to change my title :whistle2:|

Finished Letter Quest Remastered on the Vita, but I may play it again on the PS4. Started up Dying: Reborn on PS4 and using a platinum guide to blast through it. I already played it on the PSVR so I'm not missing much. 

Just beat Murdered: Soul Suspect. It was a much better game than I expected. I definitely recommend trying it if it's in your backlog. I was expecting a generic action game but I got an interesting story that doesn't waste your time with repetitive filler.

Just beat Murdered: Soul Suspect. It was a much better game than I expected. I definitely recommend trying it if it's in your backlog. I was expecting a generic action game but I got an interesting story that doesn't waste your time with repetitive filler.
I was pretty surprised at how much I liked it as well. It's also a fairly quick game.

I was pretty surprised at how much I liked it as well. It's also a fairly quick game.
Ya I also liked it. I even watched the gaming sins video on it to bad it sold to poorly for a sequel.

Beat Legna Tactica. I regret buying this game. I asked a friend why it wouldn't work and he messed around with my SD card got it working but I lost all my saves. It is a 15 hour game that has a unlockable hard mode which honestly does not seem worth playing. I was around level 50 when I beat the game but that was mostly because I grinded because I couldn't afford the best gear only to learn with my grinding and the best equipment in the shop the game was a bit to easy even with me using the extremely slow guy (rather not mention the name due to the spoilers) the Archer/Thief/Buffer and the spear user. Now the spear user isn't that bad I just found I could do a lot more damage using other characters and the slow guy was just to slow. My party would be 5-10 steps ahead of him on most maps. I found that only a select few people are worth using and early on the levels made it seem like I was making no progress at all. Sometimes you only get an increase of 9 hp on two levels and then +1 to all stats and +100 hp another. I dislike how some quests require you to play the same map several times and that the beggar request netted such poor rewards. Onto Blaster Master Zero.

Edit
Decided against redeeming my digital copy of Mass Effect Andromeda. Made about $20 from the game so I am happy. Going to get Nier Automata soon, Mario Superstars and the next episode of The Walking Dead comes out. Yooka-Laylee is coming out in April seems like a dry month.

Beaten 10
Playing Overwatch PC Blaster Master 3DS
Backlog Final Fantasy XV PS4 The Walking Dead The Telltale Series A New Frontier PS4 Blaster Master Zero 3DS Overwatch PC

I got the platinum for Doom; it's my fifteenth. It's actually a pretty easy one to get. The game has level select, and collectibles save as soon as you pick them up. Just some of the combat challenges might be tricky. And rune upgrades and challenges can be cheesed by restarting checkpoints just before good farming spots.

With the two and a half weeks before Persona 5 comes out I think I'll go back to the first Devil May Cry in the HD collection. I only played it for a couple of hours to see if I liked it enough to buy Devil May Cry 4 during a sale. I did.

This topic just reminded me I have Batman: Arkham Knight and Murdered: Soul Suspect.

I liked Xeodrifter. It was very Metroid-lite. The only complaint I remember having is that it was over too quickly. Thinking about it makes me want to start Axiom Verge, but I have other games on my Vita that I want to finish first. Looking at you, Hyperdevotion Noire.

*grumble* rasafrackin' lily ranks *grumble*

Well 100% Legna Tactica. Beating the Knights is actually harder then beating the final bosses. I learned that they have high evasion magic sucks against them like most late game enemies since they have 100 to resistance to elements (does not mean elements do 0 damage they just do very little and that I will not be playing hard mode. Got Nier Automata and I'm onto Blaster Master Zero again at Area 3 already short game I believe.

Edit Area 5 Already Going to be out of 3DS games but Mario Sports Superstars comes out tomorrow.

2017 Beaten 10 Current Backlog 7 Future 3

Thanks for the advice on Doom guys! I'll definitely look forward to rebuying it and getting that platinum.

As for GOTY 2016, I know a lot of people say Overwatch, but I have to disagree. I just think that while it is a very fun and well-made game, it is missing a lot of video game elements. A main story for the most part, and more secondary modes that they lacked at launch. For a nearly online/multiplayer-only title, it lacks a lot of progression as well outside of leveling for lootboxes. So overall, I think other games with the full package deserve GOTY more. My pick is definitely Titanfall 2 and Doom. Overwatch, Mafia 3, and Uncharted 4 would be runner ups.

Taking a break from Horizon now and working on a few Vita plats. Also putting a lot more time into Hitman and trying to get all trophies for one chapter before moving onto the next, despite there being no Platinum in the end. I was able to finish a level 5 escalation (hardest missions in the game) without consulting a guide, so I'm pretty proud of that. Those missions have a ton of planning and restrictions, the one I had to do required me to break into a safe, while killing 2 people with the same outfit, and hiding all the bodies without getting spotted. Crazy stuff... 

In the last month I beat Dark Souls II SOTFS, Inside and Doom. I was going start either Metal Gear V or Horizon Zero Dawn. But, I got a Switch yesterday and Breath of the Wild is at the top of the list now.

I honestly haven't pulled myself away from zelda for the past week or so.
I played a match of the splatoon testfire today and might try again later tonight.

I got my NES fixed and my N64 works, now to start replacing batteries in my SNES games and my old nintendo systems will all be ready to go for some old school retro Gaming

Hey, everyone! I'm so happy to report the following:

Platinum
- Tearaway (PS4)
YAY for this one because I started off being horribly motion sick and could only play it for an hour or so at a time.

- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (PS4)
I'm terrible with "logic" or "puzzles," so this was a good one for my confidence.

- Severed (Vita)
LOVED this game. But, I have what feels like tennis elbow after finishing it.

Honorable Mention
- Disc Jam (PS4)
Restored my faith/fun in sports games.

Now, I'm at the "what should I play next" crossroad again.

Come on, everyone, let's up those beat/completed/platinumed! Push through because it's Spring Cleaning time!

bread's done
Back