The CAG Backlog Support Group.

I made a list this weekend of games that I own but that I want to go back to. Many of them I never finished, and I'm at the point where I think I won't buy new games until I make headway on this list. Thought I'd share!

DS

* Chrono Trigger (1995, 2008)
* Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (2011)
* New Super Mario Bros. (2006)

3DS

* Bravely Second: End Layer (2016)
* Fire Emblem Fates (2015)
* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, 2011)
* Luigi's Manion: Dark Moon (2013)
* New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012)
* Pushmo (2011)
* Shovel Knight (2014)
* Super Mario 3D Land (2011)

PS4

* Child of Light (2014)
* Dishonored 2 (2016)
* Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (2001, 2003; 2015)
* Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (2014)
* Uncharted 2 & 3 (2009, 2011; 2015)

PSP

* Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (2008)
* Jeanne d'Arc (2007)
* Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (2010)
* Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010)
* Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together (1995, 2011)

PSV

* Day of the Tentacle (1993, 2016)
* Muramasa: The Demon Blade (2009, 2013)
* Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (2013)
* Sound Shapes (2012)
* The Unfinished Swan (2014)
* Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (2012)
Highly recommend you play Uncharted 2 if you liked the first one. My favorite game on ps3.

How are the graphics? I know it was originally a PSP game, so I can't imagine it looking too good. Just want to know if it's bearable though for me to even play it.
There okay, bearable is a great way to phrase it though. As long as your not expecting much it's fine. It never looks good, but it didn't distract me or take anything away.

Are the other trophies to get the platinum close or far away from beating the main story. Like are those side quests on the way to beating the story, and a few clean up trophies is all you need, or are the other trophies completely detached from the main story and require a ton of grinding afterwards?
I was around 85% of the trophes when I finished the main story (Pretty quick path with little side quests/grinding) which is what made me decide to go for the platinum. There were two that I really had to work for, one was collectibles (eventually used a guide and replayed an area for it) and one was completing a specific side quest that I was a bit under-leveled for.

For the 18 hours, did you rush through the game, or was it a steady pace? I usually take longer than others to beat games, but if you gotten through this one super quick, it might end up taking me like 40 hours if I take my time.
I rushed a bit towards the end, was leaving for vacation and wanted it done before that. I didn't do a ton of side quests. There is a bit of a time restraint that keeps you on the main story path at a reasonable pace. I honestly couldn't see it taking more than 25-30 if your really took your time.

I made a list this weekend of games that I own but that I want to go back to. Many of them I never finished, and I'm at the point where I think I won't buy new games until I make headway on this list. Thought I'd share!

DS

* Chrono Trigger (1995, 2008)
* Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (2011)
* New Super Mario Bros. (2006)

3DS

* Bravely Second: End Layer (2016)
* Fire Emblem Fates (2015)
* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, 2011)
* Luigi's Manion: Dark Moon (2013)
* New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012)
* Pushmo (2011)
* Shovel Knight (2014)
* Super Mario 3D Land (2011)

PS4

* Child of Light (2014)
* Dishonored 2 (2016)
* Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (2001, 2003; 2015)
* Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (2014)
* Uncharted 2 & 3 (2009, 2011; 2015)

PSP

* Jeanne d'Arc (2007)

PSV

* Day of the Tentacle (1993, 2016)
* Muramasa: The Demon Blade (2009, 2013)
* Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (2013)
* Sound Shapes (2012)
* The Unfinished Swan (2014)
* Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (2012)
Since everyone else is weighing in, I'll say play Ghost Trick first. It is relatively short, simple, but well written and really uses the DS. Perhaps my favorite DS game.

I'd also say Zero Escape, but that's assuming you've played 999 (preferably on the DS - perhaps my *2nd* favorite DS game). Otherwise, play/watch 999 (whole title now Zero Escape: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors) first.

Since everyone else is weighing in, I'll say play Ghost Trick first. It is relatively short, simple, but well written and really uses the DS. Perhaps my favorite DS game.

I'd also say Zero Escape, but that's assuming you've played 999 (preferably on the DS - perhaps my *2nd* favorite DS game). Otherwise, play/watch 999 (whole title now Zero Escape: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors) first.
So I probably got about half-way through Ghost Trick when it first came out, and even though I was really enjoying it I think I got lost in a puzzle somewhere and let it drift to the back of the game shelf. I recently played one of the phoenix wright games and really enjoyed that, and it reminded me a lot of Ghost Trick. I'll let you know what it's like the second time around.

Thanks for the advice to watch/play 999, I've heard that the story is pretty important to this series, though I was planning on just jumping into Zero Escape. I think I'll youtube the series this weekend, thanks

PSP

* Jeanne d'Arc (2007)
Crisis Core for PSP is one of my favorite games of all time, not just for the PSP but all gaming in general. I would recommend you play the PSP and DS games 1st, especially if you collect trophies, since most of the older games will probably seem pretty dated.

Another approach would be to just mix them up, and it might feel a bit fresh playing games on different platforms at the same time.

Either way, I highly recommend Crisis Core, it might not be that amazing though years after, and if you have previously played FF7. But it's still a great showcase for what the PSP could do. The battle system reminded me a bit of Lightning Returns and is pretty fun. Story might get a bit long though, and you already know what happens if you've played FF7 or watched Advent Children before. I would recommend not getting to much into the side quests, especially since there's no trophies in this one, and focus mainly on the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crisis Core for PSP is one of my favorite games of all time, not just for the PSP but all gaming in general. I would recommend you play the PSP and DS games 1st, especially if you collect trophies, since most of the older games will probably seem pretty dated.

Another approach would be to just mix them up, and it might feel a bit fresh playing games on different platforms at the same time.

Either way, I highly recommend Crisis Core, it might not be that amazing though years after, and if you have previously played FF7. But it's still a great showcase for what the PSP could do. The battle system reminded me a bit of Lightning Returns and is pretty fun. Story might get a bit long though, and you already know what happens if you've played FF7 or watched Advent Children before. I would recommend not getting to much into the side quests, especially since there's no trophies in this one, and focus mainly on the story.
Thanks for the advice, I remember being very excited to play CC:FFVII when it first came out and then I never even put it in my system! With the remake coming out in the next 2+ years, now might be the right time for a stroll down memory lane.

Probably more fitting for the 'niche backlog' thread, but since it wasnt chosen this month I'll put my thoughts here on Steins;Gate.

Finished it completely this time; I got the platinum. A lot of my first playthrough thoughts remain. Suzuha's cool, Daru is a real bro's bro and the rest of the characters are varying levels of annoying... at least through the first half of the game. The back half got me to care about two others as well: Faris and Kurisu (Christina). The arc with Faris was mostly unearned, but still compelling. The back-and-forth with Christina, in retrospect, seems more natural than I originally thought. Though it still is a bit unbelievable that she would have put up with any of it initially. 

The actually 'science-y' part was *ehh*. Time travel stories are always going to have a little bit of "hand waving" away of problems and I dont think this story was too out in left field. 

Mechanically, the route that you have to take to get the "true ending"...I dont know how anyone sussed that out sans guide. A bunch of random answers to skippable emails doesnt seem like the best way to get your whole story across. However, I think they did a decent job of tying things together.

I guess my biggest problem with the game was that I actively disliked the characterization of the protagonist. Sure, by the end, his motivations were clear, and he even became sympathetic in his plight. But early on, he's a delusional jerk. I believe this wasnt poor writing, but he was *intended* to be a jerk, referring to himself as "the insane mad scientist Hououin Kyouma" repeatedly, replete with 'evil laughter.' It just make me want to tell him fuck off.  It stifled my ability to care for him or his quest.

Perhaps if I went into the game knowing it was played for comedic effect, I could have relaxed a little and took it for the gag it;s meant to be. I've actually watched a bit of the anime, and it comes off a little better without the intensely serious ineer monologue and the knowledge, that *he* knows he's playing a character, not being serious.

I doubt I'd recommend it to others. Maybe I'd say watch the anime, but I cant even fully support that because they changed the way the characters are drawn and thus Kurisu and Daru look weird (though the english VA for Daru is a hit tonally). In skip/rent/buy parlance I'd say barely rent. Maybe I'd give 6/10 because by the end, there *were* characters I cared about and the music grew on me. 

But I doubt I'll be one of the acolytes proclaim this as one of the better VNs on the Vita in particular or among VNs in general. I might watch the "0" anime though (if there is one).

I always thought of Kyouma as sort of a bad guy, or at least a selfish guy who redeems himself as the story progresses. I know he refers to himself as the villain, but I think he sort of is between the lines in that regard, not fully a hero nor a villain. And yeah, the anime changed up the graphics a lot, the game has a sort of Black Rock Shooter/Watercolor feel, where the anime just looks like regular anime.

There is a 0 anime, but I think it's a movie if I'm not mistaken. Or it might be a movie and a series.

For me, if it was the 1st time I played it, and never watched the anime, I'll give it close to a perfect score. But since I've watched the anime beforehand, I still can't muster up the strength to actually beat it, let alone platinum it. I think the problem is that like most great mystery dramas, there are choices that are made that are very questionable. I'll let it slide the 1st time around, but watching it the 2nd time might make me upset or cringe knowing a bad decision was made. Not to spoil much, but the scenes where Kyouma gave Moeka the phone or changed the timeline made me cringe a little, knowing a terrible outcome was going to happen. When you go into a game/movie expecting the worst is yet to come, it dampens the experience a little. Like how the 1st time I watched Memento or Se7en it was great, but knowing what happens in the end, I doubt I will feel the same watching those movies again.

Finished Torment: Tides of Numenera last night and I have to say that it was way better than I expected. It's definitely an RPG for people who like a lot of dialogue and story. I would say in the 25 hours or so there are less than 30 battles. I highly recommend it, but only after you do some research. 

Went out of town for the week with the family. Was able to use some of the free moments to work on Zelda switch. It's enjoyable but I'll probably end up shelving it in effort to clear more of the backlog. Speaking of which I finished Resident Evil 7. I only had about an hour left of content before I finished the game. Wish I could of tolerated playing it in VR but the game was still enjoyable on its own.

I just played 3 hours of Persona 5 with nothing but reading. I love this game and hate it at the same time. It's got huge pacing issues.

Got Hey Pikimin 3DS. Liking it somewhat so far. I left my 3DS on all night and didn't get a single treasure so you actually have to visit stages for the PIkimin to gather treasure or Sparkling w/e it is called. The story is kind of generic like all the other Pikimin. Going to get Agents of Mayhem, Sonic Mania and maybe Uncharted next month with a dash of a indie game here and there. I also beat Unboxed would not recommend it thought it be a fun time like Goat Simulator I was wrong waste of money for me. Here is to hoping Hey Pikimin lasts till August 15th.

Beaten 29
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Overwatch PC Hey! Pikmin 3DS

Future Purchases Agents of Mayhem Sonic Mania

I just played 3 hours of Persona 5 with nothing but reading. I love this game and hate it at the same time. It's got huge pacing issues.
I'll admit, it does feel like that at first, even huge Persona fans like myself find it a bit slow in the beginning. But you really have to take your time with this game, they even tell you during the loading screens. For me, I didn't really get into it until around the 2nd dungeon when you have a group of 4. And it took me till around the 3rd or 4th dungeon to fall in love with it. By the time I reached the half way point, I already thought it was the greatest RPG I've ever played.

It's definitely an experience I recommend though, it's unlike any other series out there. Playing through it will change you as a gamer, and mature you as a person. In terms of gaming, it's an experience like climbing Mount Everest in the Himalayas, or walking along The Great Wall of China, or graduating college and getting your diploma. It's a game that will reshape your ways of thinking, and months after you completed it, the characters, story, music will still linger in your mind.

No, I do not work at Atlus, and I am not a spokesperson. It's just a really captivating game, that's all. Take your time and enjoy!

Been spending some time playing through the Crash Remake and the KH 1.5 & 2.5 collections back and forth lately. It's been since release that I played the first Kingdom Hears and I really forgot how much fun these games are. Almost through that if my memory is correct I have 2 or 3 worlds left. Really excited to see more of the story in all the side games that I never bothered with before as well.

Crash I've made it through the first and second games so far. And by made it through I mean the first pissed me off so much I made it through the first two bosses and quit. Cortex Strikes Back is great though really enjoyed going all the way through that one. The updated visuals really do help make it feel fresh even though I've played through 2 & 3 several times and 1 a couple. Great way to kill a weekend. Still have to finish 3 which I'm planning on going back to after KH. 

I started Battlefield Hardline but really didn't have much time to play. I suppose I'm still in the beginning - just passed the swamp area and right after the "reveal" I saw coming a mile away.

I like the way they play like Netflix episodes but I don't like the "Next time on Hardline..." previews. They seem to spoil some of the plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started Victor Vran Overkill Edition and it's way better than I expected. August is absolutely going to destroy any hopes of me ever getting through my backlog. I've been collecting a ton of Switch games because I am trying to support 3rd party Switch developers. 

Here's what I'm picking up in August: 

Agents of Mayhem 
Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase (Switch)

Sonic Mania CE (Switch)
Troll and I (Switch)
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Mario Rabbids (Switch)
Yakuza Kiwami

Got Hey Pikimin 3DS. Liking it somewhat so far. I left my 3DS on all night and didn't get a single treasure so you actually have to visit stages for the PIkimin to gather treasure or Sparkling w/e it is called. The story is kind of generic like all the other Pikimin. Going to get Agents of Mayhem, Sonic Mania and maybe Uncharted next month with a dash of a indie game here and there. I also beat Unboxed would not recommend it thought it be a fun time like Goat Simulator I was wrong waste of money for me. Here is to hoping Hey Pikimin lasts till August 15th.

Beaten 29
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Overwatch PC Hey! Pikmin 3DS

Would Hey Pikman be a good buy for a 7 year old? My daughter loved watching me play Pikman 3 but she's not very good at video games herself. I'm thinking about getting her a new game for her 3DS but I don't want to get her something out of her play range.

Finished the main campaign for Zelda BOTW (played it on Wii U) like a week ago. Fantastic game.

After that, I tried Halo MCC but after the first 3 levels of the first Halo I was bored.

I've been selling most of my backlog, so Hopefully I'll be able to get a Switch soon cause I've played everything I was interested on the Wii U / 3DS / XBONE. Splatoon 2 and Mario odyssey are games that I really want to play.

Would Hey Pikman be a good buy for a 7 year old? My daughter loved watching me play Pikman 3 but she's not very good at video games herself. I'm thinking about getting her a new game for her 3DS but I don't want to get her something out of her play range.
It is fairly easy but it can be difficult at some points. I say yes but sometimes it can be difficult. Knowing to throw your Pikimin on top of enemies instead of their mouths is important. I learned that the hard way on Area 1.

It is fairly easy but it can be difficult at some points. I say yes but sometimes it can be difficult. Knowing to throw your Pikimin on top of enemies instead of their mouths is important. I learned that the hard way on Area 1.
Thanks. I'll consider it. I bought us Yoshi Wolly World in hopes we could play together but it was too hard for her.

Finished all the girls' stories in Touhou Gensou Bullet Ballet. Got the gold trophy for that. Gonna finish up the rest of the trophies now.

Thanks. I'll consider it. I bought us Yoshi Wolly World in hopes we could play together but it was too hard for her.
Did she struggle in the early or later stages. I would pass if it was the early stages they are about the same difficult and throwing Pikimin at one large enemy to down it can be boring.

I'll admit, it does feel like that at first, even huge Persona fans like myself find it a bit slow in the beginning. But you really have to take your time with this game, they even tell you during the loading screens. For me, I didn't really get into it until around the 2nd dungeon when you have a group of 4. And it took me till around the 3rd or 4th dungeon to fall in love with it. By the time I reached the half way point, I already thought it was the greatest RPG I've ever played.

It's definitely an experience I recommend though, it's unlike any other series out there. Playing through it will change you as a gamer, and mature you as a person. In terms of gaming, it's an experience like climbing Mount Everest in the Himalayas, or walking along The Great Wall of China, or graduating college and getting your diploma. It's a game that will reshape your ways of thinking, and months after you completed it, the characters, story, music will still linger in your mind.

No, I do not work at Atlus, and I am not a spokesperson. It's just a really captivating game, that's all. Take your time and enjoy!
I'm excited to play Persona 5, particularly given your high praise. I can think of few games that were as impact full as P5 was to you, though Final Fantasy X and the Last of Us would rank among them.

I'm excited to play Persona 5, particularly given your high praise. I can think of few games that were as impact full as P5 was to you, though Final Fantasy X and the Last of Us would rank among them.
True confession, that's a game I just didnt "get". I started it right around release. Played that opening chapter and was like "Whoa! I'm all in!". Played the next two or three semi-stealth sections and thought, 'This would be better without the shooting.' Came to the first challenging 'Clicker' encounter and failed a bunch of times. Shut it off for the night and havent been back since. The exploration and tone seemed to be what I wanted, but I've heard that there is more of the shooty-shooty stuff in the proceeding chapters and that just kinda turned me off of it. I play GTA for the shooting lulz. I wanted something different from TLoU.

I've been having trouble playing through games in my backlog without falling asleep. Like literally falling asleep. It's not that I'm tired but more like bored, my eyes start getting droopy, and if I tilt my head back I actually fall into a nap. It's been like that for Touhou Bullet Ballet and Final Fantasy Type-0 but when I play a fighting game like Injustice 2, I'm wide awake. I guess I'm just getting bored of these games now.

Haven't played FFX, and I really enjoyed TLOU but I felt it could've been a bit better. But other games like P5 to me were Grand Theft Auto V, The Witcher 3, and Transistor. But P5 still stands tallest even amongst those gems.

I think the thing about TLOU is that the gameplay is the standard stealth/survival shooter, and it doesn't do anything to really remedy that. But the story and character interactions are where it shines and it takes playing through the entire story to actually find the game compelling. Or at least until the giraffe scene.

Cannot 100% Hey Pikimin without Amiibo apparently there are 9 sectors each with 6 stages one hidden, 4 secret spots and one mini game except the last sector which I will beat after getting all the trophies for losing no Pikimin or when I grow tired of trying to do that. The game is fairly easily. Got Miitopia or whatever it is called from someone hated it and will trade it in later. Almost bought Bit Dungeon Plus but after trying it it isn't for me. I am super tempted to buy a Amiibo Action Replay. Anyone have it or can I get Luma 3DS for Amiibo support. Heard it does some cool things with the 3DS.

Edit getting Batman Season 2 soon

Beaten 29

Future Purchases Agents of Mayhem Sonic Mania Batman Season 2

Did she struggle in the early or later stages. I would pass if it was the early stages they are about the same difficult and throwing Pikimin at one large enemy to down it can be boring.
She was bad at the early stages. Thanks for the info. Maybe a pass on the Pikman I guess.

Was playing Rime and Crash 3 out of my backlog today and was getting super bored with both. Not that they are bad games, but having just worked through Crash and Crash 2 I think I needed a break and Rime is going to be a game I'm going to be in the right mood for.

So being bored I randomly decided to buy What Remains of Edith Finch. Holy crap. I love these "Walking Simulator" type games and I have to say this is instantly right towards the top of the list. Played through it in one sitting, about 2ish hours. The way this game tells its story and the way it uses different gameplay mechanics to do it is incredible. The game delves into some pretty sad and depressing places which again I always find very interesting. The ability to explore the memories of generations of the same family and see their connections is so incredible. At this point this is easily one of the best games of 2017. 

Hey Pikimin is painfully easily and only 12-13 hours long to 100% minus Amiibo only parts. Going to get Batman Season 2 on the 8th so now I play the waiting game. Decent month for me Sonic Mania, Guardians Episode 3, Batman Episode 1, Agents of Mayhem and some Overwatch.

Beaten 30
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Overwatch PC
Future Purchases Agents of Mayhem Sonic Mania Batman Season 2

So being bored I randomly decided to buy What Remains of Edith Finch. Holy crap. I love these "Walking Simulator" type games and I have to say this is instantly right towards the top of the list. Played through it in one sitting, about 2ish hours. The way this game tells its story and the way it uses different gameplay mechanics to do it is incredible. The game delves into some pretty sad and depressing places which again I always find very interesting. The ability to explore the memories of generations of the same family and see their connections is so incredible. At this point this is easily one of the best games of 2017.
Nice! I've tried one of those walking games before when I played Everyone has gone to Rapture, but I got motion sickness and it was pretty long so I didn't make it through. I might give this one a try though since it's so short, and I could probably beat it without puking. Sounds pretty emotional though, whereas EhgtR was more like a sci-fi mystery. It was cool but just took too long, and they never gave clear instructions on where to go.

It also happens that What Remains of Edith Finch is the highest rated Xbox One game of 2017 thus far, and in the top 5(#4) highest rated games of 2017. It's also #4 of highest rated Xbox One games of all time, and if you don't count GTA V since it was originally a last gen title, it's actually #3 highest rated XB1 game of all time. So it's got quite a following and impressive feats to back it up with.

Just beat Red Faction (PS2) for the first time. Doesn't get good or challenging until you meet one of the scientist bosses, but it took too long to get there (or develop a story for that matter). The AI for soldiers can be laughable at times since they sometimes run in place and kill their own soldiers by accident.

Curious to see how the series progresses. I'll give it a C-/C.

Still engrossed in FF12 remake. Team is at about lvl 50. Great game. 

Horizon, new Hitman and two different 3DS Mario games still in the wrapper. Well, Hitman isn't, but I just put it in and installed it. 

Batman Season 2 Episode 1 was short 2 hours long did not time myself. Played Lucio Ball I placed Platinum in my placement matches. I will be playing Overwatch somemore till August 15 and August 22nd.

Beaten 30
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch PC

Finished Rime. It's one of those games that I'm sure a lot of people would like but I didn't care much for it. Really makes me happy games like Journey, Unfinished Swan, etc are in the 3 hour range. This was around 7 and I really felt like it didn't go anywhere. Again. I think this game could be great to some people but for some reason it really just didn't click with me. 

I haven't been able to play anything since I got deep into Injustice 2 and now the Overwatch event is on. The event seems kind of stale though, doesn't seem like there's much outside of the usual modes, and the rewards are pretty weak. Recently got the plat for Dengeki Bunko and will work on the IA/VT one now for my 25th platinum.

Batman Season 2 Episode 1 was short 2 hours long did not time myself. Played Lucio Ball I placed Platinum in my placement matches. I will be playing Overwatch somemore till August 15 and August 22nd.
What platform do you play Overwatch on?

After playing Danganronpa and Ultra Despair Girls earlier this year decided to jump into Danganronpa 2 finally. Was really just waiting for the right time so I didn't over due to much of the same series at the same time. Which as I'm playing this I don't think would have happened, these games are that good. Just finished up the first class trial and I'm immediately reminded how much I love this series. Although that first trial felt a little long and overly complicated for a simple (at least in Danganronpa terms) murder. The instant pay off of the bigger story moving forward has me hooked right away. 

I haven't been able to play anything since I got deep into Injustice 2 and now the Overwatch event is on. The event seems kind of stale though, doesn't seem like there's much outside of the usual modes, and the rewards are pretty weak. Recently got the plat for Dengeki Bunko and will work on the IA/VT one now for my 25th platinum.

What platform do you play Overwatch on?
PC. I am a low level gold or higher level silver use to be a mid level gold. Mercy, Winston, Lucio and DVA are my mains. Use to be just Roadhog but the nerf ruined that for me. Love the one two punch but I might main Doomfist soon for his one punch. Honestly been playing the game less after I found the free xp glitch and got 50+ level the regular way is just to tedious.

Beaten 30
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch PC

Got Miitopia or whatever it is called from someone hated it and will trade it in later.
I was going to get this for my daughter. After watching some videos she seems very interested in it and I think it's a game she can play. It's seems like an easy but fun entry level RPG. We played Mario RPG and got to Monstro Town, so she gets the basic concept of a turn based RPG. Anyone else think this would be a good pick for a 7 year old?

I know this isn't the trade forum but if it's still available would you work out a trade? My TL hasn't been updated for a while but I have several games I'm wanting to unload. PM me if you can. Thanks.

I was going to get this for my daughter. After watching some videos she seems very interested in it and I think it's a game she can play. It's seems like an easy but fun entry level RPG. We played Mario RPG and got to Monstro Town, so she gets the basic concept of a turn based RPG. Anyone else think this would be a good pick for a 7 year old?

I know this isn't the trade forum but if it's still available would you work out a trade? My TL hasn't been updated for a while but I have several games I'm wanting to unload. PM me if you can. Thanks.
I traded it in like Hey Pikimin and Miitopia already. I trade in my games fairly quickly even though I generally get only 33% back. I get a lot of Gamestop credit from various activities if you get my drift.

Overwatch was getting boring, so I recently started playing music from my USB (ps4 media player) while I play. And it seems like a much better experience! Way more fun now!

Got a Switch and a lot of games some retro going to play Sonic then Agents of Mayhem. Going to wait for Metroid 3DS then Ys PS4.

Edit: Got Minecraft Season 2 Episode 2 as well.

Beaten 30
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch Agents of Mayhem Sonic Mania
Future Purchases Metroid 3DS Ys PS4

Picked up Yakuza 0 awhile ago during a B2G1 at GameStop. Great game, but way longer than I expected. I really don't like starting games and not finishing them, but I picked up Agents of Mayhem and want to play that ASAP. 

Beat Minecraft Season 2 Episode 2 it was actually 1.5 or 2 hours long didn't time myself. Seems like the length is increasing overall. Onto Sonic Mania beat some stages already I loved 3 so I am dominating the special stages but I hate the Sonic CD Emerald stages. They really should HD the classic games like Crash I would spend $40 if not $60 on it.

Beaten 30
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch Agents of Mayhem Sonic Mania

Picked up Graceful Explosion Machine on switch and beat the first two planets. 3rd is kicking my ass so I'm increasing my scores on the first two trying to get better.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Made the mistake of going into a used game store the other day. Only came out with a couple games, Heavenly Sword and Crimson Skies. Owned Crimson Skies at some point no clue where my copy went and was curious about Heavenly Sword since I really like Ninja Theory and missed it. 

Anyway theres two more for the old backlog. Hoping to try and get through Heavenly Sword before Uncharted comes out on Tuesday since I've heard it's short. Will see how that goes....

I disliked a lot of parts about Sonic Mania but that is probably because I beat Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles so many times. The bosses took way to long sometimes and the true final boss was all about learning a pattern.

Beaten 31
Backlog Guardians of the Galaxy Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Batman Season 2 Overwatch

Made the mistake of going into a used game store the other day. Only came out with a couple games, Heavenly Sword and Crimson Skies. Owned Crimson Skies at some point no clue where my copy went and was curious about Heavenly Sword since I really like Ninja Theory and missed it.

Anyway theres two more for the old backlog. Hoping to try and get through Heavenly Sword before Uncharted comes out on Tuesday since I've heard it's short. Will see how that goes....
I loved the original Crimson Skies on PC. The Xbox sequel was alright. I'd like a new one. I love these arcade-style shooters like that, but most of the similar games coming out within the last couple gens have either been too much sim and too little arcade-action, or have just been crap.

Now that I've finished FF Type-0, I've jumped back into SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 and FF XII: Zodiac Age. These both will probably keep me busy for awhile.

So in addition to playing through some games for the niche thread, I also recently started resident evil 7. I tried to play it in vr after not having used my headset in a few months, but I was sick in under 10 minutes before anything even really happened. Im about 3 hours in, playing without the headset now and am liking the game so far.
I just recently got Resident Evil 7. So do you have to play the previous games first, to understand this one? I know that for 1-6 there was a cohesive story, but since RE7 changed everything and is now 1st person, I'm not sure if the story has changed too. I know generally who the main characters are, and watched the movies, is that enough?

Also, how's the scare factor? Is it too scary for scaredy-cats like me?

bread's done
Back