The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Alright, I've been MIA but I'm hoping to be back more. Since my last update I've finished Hunting Simulator, Wolfenstein 2, Walking Dead A New Frontier, COD WW2, AC Origins, Sexy Brutale, and Shadow of War. I started up White Day and South Park FBW, but I only play them with my when my sister-in-law is around. Next thing I'm going to work on is platting Constructor and then either Rise of the Tomb Raider or Sniper Elite 4. 

Keep up the good work everyone!

Despite the holidays, I am making progress. Also, I have not been buying any games! It is killing me inside not buying a Switch. The real test will be if I get a fair amount of Christmas/Birthday $$$, to avoid buying any games, or a Switch, then.

Currently still on BioShock Remastered. Tearing it up at the Olympus Heights with my plasmids going crazy. I hear there is a new game plus on the BS Collection. Will be interesting to try since there wasn't such a thing on the original games.

I'm slogging through Mafia III. This game is so repetitive I want to cry.

The story is good and the cutscenes are fantastic. It's a shame that there's a game accompanying it.

Well I was wrong on no more new games this year Minecraft Season 2 Episode 5 is out. Downloading it now if it wasn't for me going somewhere tonight I would beat it today. Going to beat 44 games this year. Beat it it was 1 hour and 20 minutes give or take.

Beaten 0
Backlog Batman Season 2
Future Purchases
Feburary Fe
March Kirby Star Allies Valkyria Chronicles 4 Far Cry 5 A Way Out 

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. I thoroughly enjoyed it up until the final boss fight. It seems like several games in the last two game generations have had anticlimactic boss fights.

I beat the game with it 99% complete. I only missed one pick-up and three destructibles. I had a lot of fun trying to find and do everything. I also did the Baba Yaga dlc during the playthrough. I like how this game feels like you're actually exploring a location. I think it's great that the game mostly takes place on one giant connected map.

I might go for the platinum, but not any time soon. I'm going to play the VR mission, look up a guide to find the items I missed, then take a break from the game.

Played through dishonored death of the outsider and reloaded my last save to get both endings. Since I'm in backlog purge mode I just did one playthrough without being seen, but I'm holding off on the plat for now until I can finish more games.
Edit: NVM I caved. Went back and got the plat. Now on to assassin's creed origins.

I signed up for the Playstation Now one-week trial to complete the Sony Rewards Trial Blazer promotion. It works really well. I played a few fighting games, and I was doing combos fine. I have a wired connection for my PS4.

I don't think I'd ever subscribe to it though. All the great games in it's library are games I already own. My backlog is strong enough that there isn't a need to rent a second one.

But it was nice to find out Nitroplus Blasterz is fun. And all I did was mess around with Super Sonico in training mode. I'll buy it the next time PSN has it for around $10.

Just came by to give some “thumbs up likes” for encouragement and say Merry Christmas peeps! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year overall has been pretty bad in terms of me finishing games. My desire to play games was slowly dying. However, I was able to sell/trade a lot of games I really didn't have interest in playing so that helped me change my perspective. I used to buy games because they were reviewed well and were cheap at the same time. Now I'm trying to buy games I really want to play and know will enjoy.

So I bought a Nintendo Switch with Super Mario Odyssey and Steamworld Dig 2 a week ago. I've already finished both games' campaigns and now I'm working for 100% completion on both. 

I got the platinum for Assassin's Creed Syndicate a few days ago. Overall, I enjoyed the game, but I would rate it pretty low in comparison to others in the series.  :???:

The game felt really bare-bones with activities since there wasn't much to do. Even worse, they took out a lot of features and weapons from combat in comparison to what Unity had. I know it's more modern than the others in the series, but surely they could have implemented more than just 3 main weapons to the game. Anyway, it just felt way too streamlined.

Also, it felt to me there was a lot of missed opportunities with historical figures. They all just felt side-lined and never participated in anything except for Graham Bell. They just told small stories before sending you off on the mission. 

Finally, the 'Jack the Ripper' DLC was well done since it involved three new areas that provided multiple entries/kill opportunities for assassinations. Which is what the Hitman series is known for.  ;)  

This year overall has been pretty bad in terms of me finishing games. My desire to play games was slowly dying. However, I was able to sell/trade a lot of games I really didn't have interest in playing so that helped me change my perspective. I used to buy games because they were reviewed well and were cheap at the same time. Now I'm trying to buy games I really want to play and know will enjoy.

So I bought a Nintendo Switch with Super Mario Odyssey and Steamworld Dig 2 a week ago. I've already finished both games' campaigns and now I'm working for 100% completion on both.
This. This. and This. QFT!

One failed strategy after another, wasting time playing older games I tried so hard to enjoy but didn't just to knock one out of the backlog - I, too, traded a bunch of games that I knew I would not be interested in or would probably play WAY later, like when they would eventually be available for free via GwG or PS+ or super cheap.

I thought this was going to be the year of the RPG for me but after beating Dark Souls 1 and 2 relatively back to back, I digressed and started playing some games that were just mindless fun and it felt DAMN good to play the latest titles like Injustice 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn. I have since traded them in and plan to repurchase once the complete editions of both are super cheap.

I have had A LOT of death in my family recently as well as close friends and I'm humbled - time is precious and.....I may not play when I want - career, family, wife and kids, etc. - but when I do have time to play, I'm going to play what I want to play.

Beat Max: The Curse of Brotherhood. I don't know why I thought I wouldn't like this game, but the Limbo-esque puzzles really grew on me that I  don't even remember why I doubted it.

Ugh, I give up on Wolfenstein: The New Order. Game feels so sluggish, and did not age well. 

Made it to the prison stage, and could not get used to the forced stealth mechanics. Then while looking up online how to do it, realized there's still a wooping 12 chapters to go. All this just to play the second one too. 

This. This. and This. QFT!

One failed strategy after another, wasting time playing older games I tried so hard to enjoy but didn't just to knock one out of the backlog - I, too, traded a bunch of games that I knew I would not be interested in or would probably play WAY later, like when they would eventually be available for free via GwG or PS+ or super cheap.

I thought this was going to be the year of the RPG for me but after beating Dark Souls 1 and 2 relatively back to back, I digressed and started playing some games that were just mindless fun and it felt DAMN good to play the latest titles like Injustice 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn. I have since traded them in and plan to repurchase once the complete editions of both are super cheap.

I have had A LOT of death in my family recently as well as close friends and I'm humbled - time is precious and.....I may not play when I want - career, family, wife and kids, etc. - but when I do have time to play, I'm going to play what I want to play.
I often play games until there is 10% left and then stop playing them. IDK why I do this.

Also, currently playing Pillars of Eternity on X1. Really dig it. Mixing it up with Forza 7 and Rainbow Siege.

Beat assassin's creed origins. I would have liked to take my time with the game, but I'm still purging the back log. It was a fine game overall but I really hated needing to be a certain level to play another story mission. Having to arbitrarily grind random side quests was rather annoying.

Ugh, I give up on Wolfenstein: The New Order. Game feels so sluggish, and did not age well.

Made it to the prison stage, and could not get used to the forced stealth mechanics. Then while looking up online how to do it, realized there's still a wooping 12 chapters to go. All this just to play the second one too.
Don’t quit. The story rounds out nicely towards the end. Trust me, I wanted to as well but I’m glad that I did not. I played this and the Old Blood. I just started up Wolfenstein II and I’m even more glad that I did not quit the first. Stick it out - when you start the second one hopefully, like me, you will say to yourself it was worth it.

I completed the story for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It wasn't that good. I only did it because I knew there were stage unlocks tied to it.

The game itself is fun. I got the itch to play it after having fun doing crazy Ibuki combos in Street Fighter V. I was thinking of getting the $30 standard edition at Gamestop, but then they dropped the deluxe edition further down to $40. That's a good deal for the game and season 1 pass.

That brings the games I beat this year to 16.

Resident Evil 7
Final Fantasy XV
Doom
Persona 5
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit
Killzone: Shadowfall
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Corpse Party
Ancient Amuletor
Mortal Blitz
Bioshock 1 Remastered
Until Dawn
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

I completed the story for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It wasn't that good. I only did it because I knew there were stage unlocks tied to it.

The game itself is fun. I got the itch to play it after having fun doing crazy Ibuki combos in Street Fighter V. I was thinking of getting the $30 standard edition at Gamestop, but then they dropped the deluxe edition further down to $40. That's a good deal for the game and season 1 pass.

That brings the games I beat this year to 16.

Resident Evil 7
Final Fantasy XV
Doom
Persona 5
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit
Killzone: Shadowfall
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Corpse Party
Ancient Amuletor
Mortal Blitz
Bioshock 1 Remastered
Until Dawn
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
HA, I just beat the MvCI story mode about an hour ago. I got the same deal as well from GS had a $25 rewards certificate making it $16 for the deluxe edition! I agree, the story is not that good but I did enjoy playing through it. I like to two team better than the 3 from MvC3.

OK so I know I'm not going to finish anymore games between now and tomorrow evening so I might as well list the games that I have completed/knocked out of the backlog this year:

Batman Arkham Origins
Batman Arkham Origins: Cold, Cold Heart

Dark Souls + DLC

Dark Souls II: SotFS

Battlefield Hardline

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

Mortal Kombat X

Horizon Zero Dawn

Injustice 2

Until Dawn

Wolfenstein The New Order

Wolfenstein The Old Blood

ABZU

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

Beat For Honor story mode. Was decent. That's 2 down of the Black Friday Backlog.

Don’t quit. The story rounds out nicely towards the end. Trust me, I wanted to as well but I’m glad that I did not. I played this and the Old Blood. I just started up Wolfenstein II and I’m even more glad that I did not quit the first. Stick it out - when you start the second one hopefully, like me, you will say to yourself it was worth it.
Thanks, I guess I'll try again eventually, at least before I play WII. But I think I'll wait a bit so I can finish up some other games and then give another try when I have a little more patience. I did really like the story though, and especially how it was told.

Finished all three episodes of life is strange before the storm. Nothing much to say beyond you'll probably like it if you like the first game.

Just finished Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Wow! Awesome story when you combine the first. This is definitely one of the best series that I have played so far this decade!

My only complaint is the difficulty settings. I started off playing in the “Don’t hurt me” setting but It was too challenging and time consuming. Then I changed to the easiest setting and it seemed to make the game too easy.

So first game out of the backlog this year!

Update from me: 

So, I've been playing Pillars of Eternity a lot lately. Had me up until 6am one night. Few games achieve that. I really, really like it. I've been searching for a game like Dragon Age: Origin for a really long time and I found one. 

When it comes to games like these, I'm more combat than story. There is plenty of combat involved in this game, and plenty of areas you can fight for long periods while also snagging better gear and getting stronger. Early on, the game is tough, even on Normal, but later you become much stronger and can cut through regular mobs.

Difficult enemies still exist, and those are my favorite. The best part is I've got like 30 hours in and I've got so much more to do, including all of the DLC. 

The downsides: Loading. Overall, loading is not bad. However, the game loads each time you enter a new area -- like a home. This becomes VERY annoying when in a new city or village; as it loads going in and loads when you exit. Makes exploration tedious. This is a non issue when exploring the world or a dungeon, as there is plenty of time in between. 

Inventory management is also annoying, not the best for console, either. However, these are minor annoyances given the overall game. I believe you can snag it for $20 at the moment, too. 

Any who. That is all. 

Played through batman the telltale series a couple days ago. It was a solid story but I didn't feel like too many of my choices actually mattered.

In other news, however, my Christmas break is over in two days, but going over my posts between here and the niche thread, it looks like I finished 8 games over the past month. I think that's more than the rest of 2017 for me. My goal is to avoid multiplayer games for the small amount of free time I will have during my semester so I can hopefully knock out another big game or two before summer.

Ugh, I give up on WWE 2K18 now too. Got as far as I could in career mode before I ran into a ridiculously hard match with very specific win scenarios. Now I'm stuck because my character is too weak and I don't want to pay for the booster pack DLC. Its funny, I don't even remember the last time I got stuck in a game due to bad game design. It must be somewhere around the PS2 days.

Ugh, I give up on WWE 2K18 now too. Got as far as I could in career mode before I ran into a ridiculously hard match with very specific win scenarios. Now I'm stuck because my character is too weak and I don't want to pay for the booster pack DLC. Its funny, I don't even remember the last time I got stuck in a game due to bad game design. It must be somewhere around the PS2 days.
Nvm, I ended up winning that match somehow. Took me like 3 more tries, but I was able to beat John Cena, Roman Reigns, The Miz, Sami Zayn, and Dean Ambrose all at once in a ladder match, while doing some super specific objectives. Not only that, but they all had ratings between 95-85 while I was stuck at 60.

So I've started playing a few games:

Batman: Arkham Knight

Nier: Automata

The Evil Within

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

The one I decided to go ahead and commit to is Batman AK.  So far so good.  This game is visually stunning and detailed as all get out!  The story is good as well.  

Started Playing:

Ryse: Son of Rome
Final Fantasy XV

While Ryse is blah, I got it for free on Xbox live, so its my cruise and chill play through.

FF XV is my first title in the series. So far,I’ve enjoyed the protagonist and story beats thus far. The side mission structure luckily doesn’t fall to heavily into Dragon Age Inquisition/ MGS 5 territory, but doesn’t compare to Arkham Knight, Witcher 3,

I finally beat:
AC Unity
Ori & The Blind Forest
Titanfall 2
Batman Telltale Season 1
Forza Horizon 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Saints Row 4
Fire watch
Life is Strange
Doom
Dishonored 2
Dues Ex: Mankind Divided

Backlog now contains more digital xbox live stuff than physical copies!

Batman Season 2 Episode 4 is 1+ hour. Finally see the rise and fall of some characters. Waiting for March is bad nothing to really play and I have a feeling Fe might be terrible.

Beaten 0
Backlog Batman Season 2
Future Purchases
Feburary Fe
March Kirby Star Allies Valkyria Chronicles 4 Far Cry 5 A Way Out 

Beat Pillars. As mentioned above, great game if you like those kind of games. 

Now I have an itch for such games. Just snagged Wasteland 2 for X1X. 

More to come... 

I made a list for myself of games I want to complete this year. (Tentative to change depending on release dates)

Neir Automata

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Yakuza 0

Yakuza Kiwami

Ni No Kuni 2

Red Dead Redemption 2

Life is Strange + Before The Storm

Megaman 11

Kingdom Hearts (as many as I can get through)

Possible games

Far Cry 5 (depending on if it's good)

System Shock 2

One CRPG (Pillars, Baulder's Gate, etc)

Bayonetta 1 + 2

Now which game to get into while I wait for Ni No Kuni 2, lol.

Beat Ryse: Son of Rome. It was an enjoyable, chill romp...that I was excite to play for free via Xbox Live. Definitely not a game you need to buy but a great chill weekend game you can finish real easy and enjoy

Now Playing:
Final Fantasy XV: Getting into the later chapters missing the open world fun of earlier, I enjoy the emotional undertones the story has taken in the later half. I also beat Episode Gladiolus...so with the later two character dlcs and the leftover stories..I'm looking foreward to the conclusion

The Witness: this is like a pseudo-chill puzzler. It has a chill quieting vibe, but good grief are the puzzles ramping up as you walk through the island. I definitely couldn't maintain the no guide use. Great and interesting world!

Added to the Backlog(thanks to this website mostly):

Tekken 7(with Tekken 6 included)
Rocket League Collector Edition
Prey
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Quantum Break

I beat Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on normal. I heard it was a hype and fun video game, and it certainly was that. What a great way to handle a story. Just have you switch between a bunch of characters through the chapters; Autobots and Decepticons. It especially works for a franchise that has characters on both sides that you might like.

And it's great that the audiologs play as you walk around. It sucks when games require you to stand by the audiolog or completely break from the gameplay.

It's kind of short, but it was an enjoyable playthrough. It was well worth the $8.00 I spent on it. I'm glad I picked up the PS4 version from the PSN sale just before it was de-listed. The only way to get it now is a physical copy of either the Xbox 360 or PS3 version.

Beat the Witness! It’s chill but crazily intense. There are so many puzzles buried in it, you probably won’t see it all after completing it. I went from think I had it in tact to going to guides after 2-3 attempts on puzzles

I recommend it, but get at $10-$20!

I gave up on Wasteland 2. Pillars of Eternity was great, but Wasteland is just too dated, nowhere near as fun, IMO. Part 3 looks pretty sweet tho. 

Currently playing Prey and oh man, did I snooze on this game. It is awesome. I really, really dig it. I'd imagine if you liked Dishonored games then you would like this. I also like the way they do the story in this one, and total freedom in levels. 

I've been playing Mafia III. I like how it's presenting the story, and it has a great soundtrack, the licensed songs and the original music.

For the first handful of hours I was enjoying the gameplay. It helps that I haven't played a GTA type game since Saints Row 4. Shooting my way through a narrow club with a shotgun was exciting. But as the game went on it devolved into just "drive this vehicle to this destination" or "shoot bad guys in this alley/warehouse".

I think I'm about halfway through. The gameplay isn't so boring that I can't continue. At least I'm going through the game much faster now that I'm just bum rushing the objectives. I was enjoying the story enough that I want to see how it ends.

The base game is on sale for $16 on PSN this week; $24 for the game plus the season pass. It's been on sale for $10 twice at Gamestop in the past two months. Which is when I bought it. I wouldn't recommend paying more than $10 for it. And even then it might not be worth your time. Unless you have nothing else to play.

Well Fe was unique. Was hoping for decent gameplay and story but the way the story is told is not for me. The gameplay is also not for me. No games beaten this year. Thank god for Origins refund policy of 24 hours. I've been stuck with so many stinkers on PSN but not this time.

The wait is going to kill me I need something to tide me over. Anyone make money online or something or study stuff for fun? Far Cry 5 is something I might wait for a complete edition. I regret so many season passes due to me beating and trading in before their release. Should I wait this time.

Beaten 0

Backlog Batman Season 2

Future Purchases

March Kirby Star Allies Far Cry 5 A Way Out

I finished Mafia III. The game isn't bad; it's just very boilerplate. The only interesting gameplay mechanic it has is you get perks from your lieutenants as you do jobs for them and assign them territories. Though even that isn't that deep, and some of their jobs are the most mundane missions in the game. Start the mission on one side of the map, drive to the other side of the map to steal a slow vehicle, and drive it back across the map. One of those missions didn't even have bad guys guarding the vehicle.

The best parts about the game are the music and voice acting. Getting several headshots with slow motion is fun. And I liked how the game presented the story through a documentary.

The game itself was worth the $10, but it might not be worth your time. I don't regret playing through it, but it left me thinking why am I playing an average video game when my backlog also has games that are regarded as being great?

Well, a big reason I decided to play this game is it's a 60GB install. I wanted to finish it so I could delete it.

Oh, that's what I did with Fall of Cybertron, but now I need to re-download it. I thought about replaying one of the chapters with a song from the 1986 movie, and that's something I really want to do.

I finished Mafia III. The game isn't bad; it's just very boilerplate. The only interesting gameplay mechanic it has is you get perks from your lieutenants as you do jobs for them and assign them territories. Though even that isn't that deep, and some of their jobs are the most mundane missions in the game. Start the mission on one side of the map, drive to the other side of the map to steal a slow vehicle, and drive it back across the map. One of those missions didn't even have bad guys guarding the vehicle.

The best parts about the game are the music and voice acting. Getting several headshots with slow motion is fun. And I liked how the game presented the story through a documentary.

The game itself was worth the $10, but it might not be worth your time. I don't regret playing through it, but it left me thinking why am I playing an average video game when my backlog also has games that are regarded as being great?

Well, a big reason I decided to play this game is it's a 60GB install. I wanted to finish it so I could delete it.

Oh, that's what I did with Fall of Cybertron, but now I need to re-download it. I thought about replaying one of the chapters with a song from the 1986 movie, and that's something I really want to do.
No matter the sale I see on this title, I always duck out think behind this. Unless It's an Xbox Live Gold title for free!

I'm now working my way thru Yakuza Zero. I've only ever beaten Yakuza 3, and played a little bit of 4. Loads of fun. So many things to distract me from the main story, but I'm trying to focus on completing it shortly.

I'm also playing the first of the Nonary Games, 999. Near the end of my first playthru, and I've really found the puzzles to be very simple. I hope they get a bit more complex in the second game. Otherwise, its an interesting virtual-novel.

The Long Reach was not what I had hope for. I was wanting A Lone Survivor or Final Station like game. It is painfully short and the running and hiding gets old. This game isn't for me yes you have multiple dialogue paths and yes the story is decent but these types of games I dislike. I love the survival and conservation aspect in A Lone Survivor and Final Station but this has none of it. You do get a weapon eventually sort of. Batman Season 2 Episode 5 is coming out 27th. Two games in three months isn't bad.

Beaten 1
Backlog Batman Season 2
Future Purchases Kirby Star Allies Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Super Mario Odyssey Super Bomberman R Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Far Cry 5 Complete Edition

March 27th Batman Season 2 Episode 5 April Adventure Time May Detroit: Become Human Q2 System Shock Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Crackdown 3

Finally knocked out Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. It definitely was quite a treat to play. I'm far removed from playing Far Cry Primal in 2016 but had recently completed AC Unity. I was bit leery of getting tire of UbiSoft products. Luckily this was refreshing and great joy to play too. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

Currently finishing up Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I got the main quest done, it's just the DLC story & minor leftover content. 

Playing Tony Hawk's American Wasteland on the PS2 after playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2 a few months ago on the original Xbox. It's better and worse. The graphics seem to have taken a hit but the content and move list have been upgraded. I'm going through classic mode now and I'm almost finished then I will hit up the story mode. As it is now I give it about a 6/10.

I haven't been on here for a while. I've been in Austin for a week covering SXSW. 

BUT.... I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls 2 for the X1X. Looking forward to playing it more when I return, but man, I need something new and fresh to play. I feel like nothing is out but these dumb multiplayer games. 

I started playing Transformers: Devastation. It's a really good game, but I'm going to have to stop playing it. I still have the urge to keep playing Nier: Automata, and it's keeping me from fully enjoying Devastation.

It's like when I tried to play a game in between Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite. In the back of my mind I kept thinking about Infinite, so Tomb Raider was feeling like a chore. Back then I decided to just play the game that was on my mind.

I'll start playing Devastation again after I'm completely done with Nier: Automata.

Beat Batman The Enemy Within. I played both story paths and question the recovery times of Batman. Some of the references and returning characters on the vigilante path were interesting to say the least. Problem with story driven games like this any mention of the plot could ruin it. I got nothing to play really questioning if I should get another Switch or get Far Cry 5. I really want a complete edition though.

Beaten 2
Backlog
Future Purchases Kirby Star Allies Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Super Mario Odyssey Super Bomberman R Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Far Cry 5 Complete Edition

April 24 Adventure Time May Detroit: Become Human Q2 System Shock Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Crackdown 3

bread's done
Back