The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some kind of deal between WWE & YouTube is up. Not sure why that meant they ended everything though.

Jericho said on Twitter that he's "rehired," so that goes along with my guess earlier that a long run in the match meant he was back for a while instead of it being a one-shot. Looks like he's going to keep it going with Ziggler.

I know its a TV show, scripted soap opera with dudes flying through the air but Cena winning was pretty lame sauce.

I remember last year everyone was like "its gonna be jericho" but it was sheamus that was at least semi suprising.

When it came down to Ryback and Cena, I puked because lamest ending ever. Its funny how underutilized certain people are aka Bryan still stuck in a tag team and Ziggler having MITB for like 8 months??!

This rumble was just horrible. Jericho was nice and I guess Wade Barrett was semi right with his tweet finally! lol. I was hoping Godfather getting eliminated so soon, Papa Shango would have came out. Wishful thinking. The couple things I did like, Kofi with another cool way to get back into the ring, Bryan and Kane segments were great, and the Rhodes brothers going at it. I actually told my buddy "Oh, Punk just told Rock, Reverse into bottom" and bang, table breaks. I can dream of a WM match between the Rhodes brothers, but it will never happen.

I think Punk's mic work might improve if he is able to convey that he is still the champ, in a whining, crybaby, demanding way. I don't want him to go the direction of "I wasn't beaten fairly" or railing about McMahon because (a) he'd be kinda right and (b) let's not get a McMahon caught up in this.

Sounds like the push to WM is on. That more or less means we'll hate every booking decision between now and then. Cesaro's match gets moved to the pre-show, or is 18-seconds long so that...oh, hell, I don't know...Chris Brown gets to cut a promo or somesuch.

EntertainaMania.

the entire show was predictable. the number 2 spot was a big suprise... glad he stayed in it till the endish. i wanted ziggler to cash in at the end. but like i said... rock would win and now they will enjoy the small ratings boost.

Called it last week like i said i heard somewhere

Rock wins belt at RR
Cena wins RR

Rock loses belt at Chamber to punk

makes a triple treat at wm

Rock vs cena vs punk

Same as it ever was.

I kept naively wishing and hoping that WWE would call an audible and swerve everyone, but no... we're firmly on the road to the totally pre-planned WrestleMania 29. As a fan, my biggest question is this: why, exactly, am I supposed to be excited about this (proposed) line-up?

If reports are to be believed, our top three matches are Rock/Cena, Lesnar/HHH, and Punk/Taker. Not only are these matches that have happened before, the most recent one occured six months ago. I understand that these are big money matches, but it doesn't change the fact that we've seen them and they all have completely set outcomes. HHH is getting his win back. Taker is Taker. WM29 will end with Cena hoisting the WWE title over his head. Really, there better be one hell of an undercard, since I don't even have faith in more than one of those proposed main events will even approach anything like a 4 or 5 star match.

It also leads to the bigger problem that WWE still doesn't want to address. No new stars. What happens in May when HALF (if not more, if Brock doesn't re-sign) of the WM main event participants leave? This Mania seems to be the epitome of the worst in WWE's booking instincts. Not to belabor a point that Punk himself has made, but the top three matches at Mania have a total of two full-time guys in them. That's... that's not saying much about the future.

Anyway, ranting. Knowing something is going to happen and then *seeing* it actually happen are two different things. Honestly, I'm just sort of dealing with the fact that WWE has managed to make WM boring. One time a year, we can generally count on them. This year? Again, there better be one hell of an undercard.

... oh, and a horrible thought? There's been talk of changing the house show circuit to not designate them as Raw or Smackdown. That's lead to speculation that it could finally lead to ending the brand split. Rock has the WWE title. Cena is, technically, feuding with Ziggler. Ziggler has the blue briefcase and we still have two months until Mania. Tell me that a title unification match featuring The Rock and John Cena at WrestleMania doesn't get Vince's grapefruits tingling.

Before and after pic of Jake Roberts after he has been living with DDP and doing his yoga routine:

BPAcDpq.jpg

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.

I keep seeing stuff about Bruno possibly going in the HoF this year. I guess if they somehow got him to agree then they need to do it while he's receptive.

But putting Foley AND Backlund AND Bruno all in in the same year sure seems like they re needlessly blowing their wad.

[quote name='Scorch']Before and after pic of Jake Roberts after he has been living with DDP and doing his yoga routine:

BPAcDpq.jpg

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.[/QUOTE]
It's a miracle! He bought him a pair of jeans, that fit!

[quote name='KaneRobot']I keep seeing stuff about Bruno possibly going in the HoF this year. I guess if they somehow got him to agree then they need to do it while he's receptive.

But putting Foley AND Backlund AND Bruno all in in the same year sure seems like they re needlessly blowing their wad.[/QUOTE]

I get the sense that Bruno is really just a pet project of HHH with little hope of success.

Also, let's be realistic... two of those names will elicit a pretty hearty 'who?' from WWE's target audience. Just like Gorgeous George, WWE would basically have to give the UUUUUNNNNNNIIIIIIIIVERSE a history lesson immediately following a Bruno announcement.

Bruno going in would be cool, but I can't help but feel it's just HHH trying to prove he's better than Vince while simultaneously giving himself the opportunity to hang out with one of his idols. I'll be more than happy to be wrong, but I'd still put money on Bruno not going in until either Vince is actually gone from the day-to-day or after one of them dies.

The dirt sheets are saying that Jericho is back full-time through Wrestlemania. Rumored plans for him:
He'll feud with Ziggles for a bit, turn heel, and face Ryback at WM.

I loved Cody doing Goldust's drop down uppercut move last night as Goldust stood there and watched. That was pretty cool.

I thought the Rumble match itself was pretty good, until it came down to the last three guys I wanted to see at the end. I wanted to hold out a tiny bit of hope that something would prevent Cena/Rock II. Every single outcome I was wanting didn't happen last night.

Hey, at least Cesaro won....on the pre-show. Last night was ruined for me when Rhodes/Sandow lost their match. I was pretty convinced that they were finally going to get the titles. They've been doing a great job of killing Kane and Bryan's momentum, while it feels like Rhodes Scholars have been going the other way. It's fucking stupid.

At least they allow Rhodes to look really impressive in the Rumble matches. Apparently he's not going to be a tag team champion....

[quote name='bg88']I thought the Rumble match itself was pretty good, until it came down to the last three guys I wanted to see at the end. I wanted to hold out a tiny bit of hope that something would prevent Cena/Rock II. Every single outcome I was wanting didn't happen last night.

Hey, at least Cesaro won....on the pre-show. Last night was ruined for me when Rhodes/Sandow lost their match. I was pretty convinced that they were finally going to get the titles. They've been doing a great job of killing Kane and Bryan's momentum, while it feels like Rhodes Scholars have been going the other way. It's fucking stupid.

At least they allow Rhodes to look really impressive in the Rumble matches. Apparently he's not going to be a tag team champion....[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that Kane/DB might lose the titles tonight to the Rhodes Scholars, just because more people would be watching...

[quote name='Scorch']Before and after pic of Jake Roberts after he has been living with DDP and doing his yoga routine:

BPAcDpq.jpg

Just.. wow. Holy crap.

I should order DDP Yoga.[/QUOTE]

I swear that man is gonna outlive every last one of us.

Jake started a fund for shoulder surgery a few days ago. The goal was $9,200, and it was met in less than a day. It's up over $19,000 now. Pretty cool rewards, too. It would be pretty fucking neat to answer your phone and hear Jake the Snake on the other end. I'd mark the fuck out if I could get him to repeat his WM 8 promo on Taker. "A little fun for me, none for you. The DDT's where it lays, big man!"

http://www.indiegogo.com/jakethesnake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcD2mQGoqKY

Still may be my favorite promo ever.

They need to do whatever is necessary to break up Hell No and push Bryan. Last night once again proved he is one of the most over guys goin right now, honestly he could've won the Rumble with how hot he is but since he didn't at least have him feud with someone like Ziggler or a freshly turned Jericho. Team Hell No has run its course by now, time to move on and put Bryan in a more deserving spotlight. I hope Darren Youngs not legit injured, PTP needs to stop wrestling the Usos every event and move on up the ladder. If Young is actually hurt then it's time to see if Titus O'Neal can make it on his own. He has the look and charisma of a top guy but he's too old to be there for long. Don't waste this chance have him feud with Barrett or something, see what he can do.

The way Wrestlemania sets up bores the hell out of me, Cena/Rock was mediocre last year and will be again this year with a 100% known outcome as well. The idea of Punk/Taker is just ok to me, I love Taker but he just can't do anything anymore, Punk will have to really work hard and get into that story to be able to pull off a good match. Brock/HHH....does ANYONE actually care about this anymore??? Marks, Smarks, little kids, Brock and HHH's families.....ANYONE??? Oh and then whoever Del Rio feuds with (Yay?). Wrestlemania can't be the worst ever I don't believe but it may be in the conversation for me if it goes as planned.

Also awesome stuff about Jake Roberts. I kind of want to donate enough to get a phone call from him but what do you say really? I would probably get nervous and then say something like "Um Jake, you could've and should've been one of the best ever, at least of your era, but then you had to go and screw it all up.....but YOU ARE STILL A FAVORITE OF MINE AND I LOVE YOU!!!" *click*

Yeah I better just get the autographed poster lol.

[quote name='HydroX']We're all going to feel really stupid if Cena chooses to face Del Rio. ;)[/QUOTE]

That would actually be a pretty sweet heel turn, getting the crowd into it and then totally swerving them and wrestling Del Rio.

For some reason I thought Jake Roberts was dead, well good for him.

I have no idea what I'd say in a phone call from him. Would be awkward as hell, since you can't act like he was screwed by external forces, dude kinda did that on his own. Granted it isn't like the shit he was doing wasn't freely available either.

[quote name='HydroX']We're all going to feel really stupid if Cena chooses to face Del Rio. ;)[/QUOTE]

he wont there will be a triple threat match at WM

rock vs punk vs cena

[quote name='007']I get the sense that Bruno is really just a pet project of HHH with little hope of success.

Also, let's be realistic... two of those names will elicit a pretty hearty 'who?' from WWE's target audience. Just like Gorgeous George, WWE would basically have to give the UUUUUNNNNNNIIIIIIIIVERSE a history lesson immediately following a Bruno announcement. [/QUOTE]

Oh, I fully expect the asshole crowd that is usually at the HoF to eventually start "WHAT"ing someone, and Backlund seems as likely a candidate as any.

Nice mic work by Punk. That skit (and let's start calling them that, since that's what it is) served a couple of excellent purposes:

- It helped refocus Punk's status as a heel. Being in denial of no longer being champ is pro wrestling 101 in terms of acting the role of heel.
- It provides a way for Heyman to detach himself from Punk for now.
- It sets the stage for Lesnar to be reintroduced
- It sets the stage for Lesnar/HHH 2 (if the "performance review" goes the way I think it will)

My only problem is that I don't get cheering for Mr. McMahon.

I know I said just a few days ago that Punk bored me on the mic, but I have to say that he was *magnificent* in the opening skit on Raw. Precisely what a heel should be doing.

My cable box crashed (Verizon FIOS!) right after the Shield came out, so I missed whatever nonsense happened b/w that and Big Show/ADR's...whatever you call this. "match."

[quote name='mykevermin']My cable box crashed (Verizon FIOS!) right after the Shield came out, so I missed whatever nonsense happened b/w that and Big Show/ADR's...whatever you call this. "match."[/QUOTE]

"You missed the greatest segment of the night." - Vince McMahon

[quote name='mykevermin']My cable box crashed (Verizon FIOS!) right after the Shield came out, so I missed whatever nonsense happened b/w that and Big Show/ADR's...whatever you call this. "match."[/QUOTE]
You mean you didn't get to see Tensai face Brodus Clay in a dance-off while wearing women's lingerie!?

Looking at the uploads. Just reading titles. Ryback burying the Prime Time Players is how WWE truly feels about the tag team division. Ain't nothing changing for the long term, homies. Gonna watch that Rotunda kid and Barrett. Thought about watching Castagnoli-Orton, but I'm pretty sure Cesaro jobs. Not worth my time. Anything else worth watching from tonight's Raw?

Edit: The Rotunda kid needs to cut his hair. This ain't 1980. Nasty, ratty hair. Take that shit back to the trailer park.

[quote name='Brak']The Rock's micwork is making me cringe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely not as good as it was 10+ years ago. The best I've seen it since he came back was last night in the backstage interview before the match.

I think the only way this Raw ends up redeeming itself is if The Shield powerbombs Vince through the announce table.

And, on a kayfabe note, why would Wade have a beef with Bo Dallas? A few years ago, Barrett was in the exact same position trying to make a name for himself fresh out of NXT.

[quote name='mitch079']And, on a kayfabe note, why would Wade have a beef with Bo Dallas? A few years ago, Barrett was in the exact same position trying to make a name for himself fresh out of NXT.[/QUOTE]

1) Makes sense, actually. You got your way in, so fuck those trying to go for your spot.
2) Wade's a heel, so making sense is actually a bad thing.
3) Wade's angry that the wrong Rotundo kid is on WWE tv right now.

[quote name='mykevermin']1) Makes sense, actually. You got your way in, so fuck those trying to go for your spot.
2) Wade's a heel, so making sense is actually a bad thing.
3) Wade's angry that the wrong Rotundo kid is on WWE tv right now.[/QUOTE]

I kind of dig the Barrett/Rotundo feud. Definitely rehashes the Razor/123 Kid vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back