The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='HydroX']I kind of dig the Barrett/Rotundo feud. Definitely rehashes the Razor/123 Kid vibe.[/QUOTE]

Kid was somewhat established on tv (as a jobber, sure) before Razor made him. Also, Razor was over in ways that Barrett isn't (yet).

There are a lot of NXT talents that should be in that spot instead of Dallas.

...man, Heyman is so goddamned brilliant on the mic. I love listening to him.

I kind of like how they put a bow on the Heyman/Shield/Maddox/Punk thing. Had a feeling Lesnar was coming out when Vince kept dragging out the you're fired moment.

[quote name='mykevermin']Kid was somewhat established on tv (as a jobber, sure) before Razor made him. Also, Razor was over in ways that Barrett isn't (yet).

There are a lot of NXT talents that should be in that spot instead of Dallas.[/QUOTE]

It kind of fits though.

I think they're really trying to give Barrett something to carry on his own. Basically, it's his turn to make a young guy look good. What better way to run an underdog story than with the undersized Bo Dallas? I think it fits nicely. Yeah, there may be more deserving, but I think he's more than paid his dues in FCW/NXT to at least deserve a shot to show that he belongs with the big boys. While beating Wade Barrett won't make him, it certainly gives him something to build off of for the future.... which is seemingly hard to do these days given the garbage 'storylines' we've had to watch in recent years.

[quote name='HeroToTheMasses']The WWE would be a much better product if they just made Heyman the overarching bad guy in the WWE Universe.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because I watched the Godfather/Godfather Part II (the only Godfather films, that is) a few weeks ago, but there was something in Heyman during the video when he was talking with Maddox that impressed me. Heyman was despicable because he was eliminating a problem (Maddox) while also convincing Maddox that this was for his own good.

Michael Corleone didn't have a choice except to set up Senator Geary, as a parallel. He wouldn't have, but Geary's decision forced Corlone's hand. (that is, in the mind of Michael.)

WWE ain't Copolla, but Heyman made sense in that segment. On the other side of things, you have Vince McMahon stepping up to Brock Lesnar. That's why Heyman is believable (he's conniving, he's despicable, he's exploitative, and he's a liar), but McMahon is not (Heyman made an ass of himself when put in a place of desperation during this segment, and McMahon just no-sold that Brock was a bad-ass).

The more I think about that, ugh. An elderly man, of an age where he could legally be playing shuffleboard and collecting social security, steps up to Brock fucking Lesnar. Lame.

[quote name='mitch079']A lot of old men still think they can step up. Most of them end up getting their asses kicked.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Heck, I've worked for a few of them. Some old guys with money just don't have a firm grasp of shit when it comes to how tough they are, so the "Vince steps up" thing didn't bother me.

I've seen "Vince steps up" before. My dad is 77 and 2 years ago knocked out my nephew for coming home hammered and mouthing off to everyone.

[quote name='JJSP']Any chance we get Punk, Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns in a Chamber match with Rock?[/QUOTE]I'm thinking 3-on-3 Chamber match with Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus taking on Shield. Rock/Punk II will probably headline the event on its own with no gimmicks needed (who just though Candido?).

The Heyman thing would work as long as he continues to not have any official power.

It's pretty clear by the Vickie Guerrero stuff of the last month that they don't even want to do the GM thing anymore.

So now, assuming it is the plan, how do we get to Punkdertaker? Punk loses again at the PPV, comes out and does a similar promo to tonight where he just says "fuck you, if I'm going to keep getting cheated out of the title, I'll just end the streak?" Undertaker doesn't really strike me as a guy who interferes in matches to set stuff up anymore.

Sorry for "Punkdertaker," by the way. Well, not that sorry.

[quote name='Habbler']I've seen "Vince steps up" before. My dad is 77 and 2 years ago knocked out my nephew for coming home hammered and mouthing off to everyone.[/QUOTE]

your nephew:
brock-lesnar-2.jpeg

Men having hubris isn't the problem. Your father doesn't need to get your nephew's toughness over to sell tickets and make money.

Confirming the obvious,

The feeling backstage at last night's RAW from Las Vegas was they lost the crowd during the 9pm - 10pm hour as it was a rough hour to watch. The WWE creative team has been burnt out lately as they book The Road to WrestleMania 29.

The most important quarter of the year to WWE is absolutely the best time to be burnt out creatively.

[quote name='KaneRobot']So now, assuming it is the plan, how do we get to Punkdertaker? Punk loses again at the PPV, comes out and does a similar promo to tonight where he just says "fuck you, if I'm going to keep getting cheated out of the title, I'll just end the streak?" Undertaker doesn't really strike me as a guy who interferes in matches to set stuff up anymore.

Sorry for "Punkdertaker," by the way. Well, not that sorry.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the few things that actually intrigues me about the next two months. Now that it's been made completely clear that Taker wrestles once a year, not only do you need a set-up for the match, but also a set-up for why he's back in the first place. Now that Punk has lost the title, most of the obvious match set-ups are gone, so... who knows?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I honestly wish Taker would just stay gone. I don't want him trotted out every year as an 'attraction'. Last year's match with HHH was the perfect stopping point... high profile opponent, the end of technically four years of story, and a nice even 20-0. I just don't think I can muster up the energy to give a shit unless they come up with something genius. And, since this is WWE, I'm not holding my breath for that.

If they were going to set up Punk-Taker, they should have had Taker be the one that put Rock through a table in the "blackout" at Royal Rumble, not Shield. Maybe have Shield take credit for his work to give him more reason to be back. Taker's reasoning could be because it's his yard, and he's the measuring stick in this business.... and not the "Best in the World". His message to Rock would be a warning shot. Have Rock/Taker cut a promo or two to dissolve any differences, and move on to their respective 'Mania feuds from there. I'm sure I'm missing some key details of my own fantasy booking, but you can fill in the blanks respectively.

Honestly, if there wasn't such a hard-on for making Rock/Cena 2 for the title, it'd be ridiculously easy. Not to sound too mark-y, either, but Punk/Taker title reign vs. streak is a much better story than 'returning (for, uh, the third time) hero wins title, guy who lost beats 29 other guys, I want a rematch!'. But, you know, Punk won't take the belt on a movie publicity tour, so fuck that, right?

Totally simple set-up. Punk rants in ring about beating Rock, Cena, everybody. Title reign. Unstoppable. Asks who can stop him, since there's no one left. Lights go out. Bell tolls. Crowd fucking shits. It's the easiest set-up in the world. Taker returns to stop Punk. Worthy opponent. Best in the World, but not Best at WrestleMania. Whatever.

Sure, you have to deal with what happens with Taker and the title after WM, but that's a whole other problem.

[quote name='007']Honestly, if there wasn't such a hard-on for making Rock/Cena 2 for the title, it'd be ridiculously easy. Not to sound too mark-y, either, but Punk/Taker title reign vs. streak is a much better story than 'returning (for, uh, the third time) hero wins title, guy who lost beats 29 other guys, I want a rematch!'. But, you know, Punk won't take the belt on a movie publicity tour, so fuck that, right?

Totally simple set-up. Punk rants in ring about beating Rock, Cena, everybody. Title reign. Unstoppable. Asks who can stop him, since there's no one left. Lights go out. Bell tolls. Crowd fucking shits. It's the easiest set-up in the world. Taker returns to stop Punk. Worthy opponent. Best in the World, but not Best at WrestleMania. Whatever.

Sure, you have to deal with what happens with Taker and the title after WM, but that's a whole other problem.[/QUOTE]

The way Punk cut his promo on last night's Raw would help make this Punk/Taker scenario work even without the title, which may be the route they're taking. Remember, HE is granting ROCK a rematch, not the other way around.... ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']your nephew:
brock-lesnar-2.jpeg

Men having hubris isn't the problem. Your father doesn't need to get your nephew's toughness over to sell tickets and make money.[/QUOTE]Sicne you posted the picture I have to ask, why the fuck would you get that tattoo? Besides looking ridiculous, that must have hurt like a motherfucker, especially the tip near the throat.

Unless Punk beats Taker. Can you imagine how much heat that would generate the next night on RAW, particuarly if it was a screwjob? It'd be nuclear.

What if..... John Cena ended the streak?

Something not remotely plausible, but a great way to turn Cena heel. Hence why neither will ever happen.

I've been a big fan of The Undertaker for lot of years now. Having said that, the "End of an Era" match at last year's WM should have been exactly that. It is stupid to continue to have HHH and Undertaker wrestle matches after that, completely shitting on the idea of an era ending.

At least Cena/Rock II isn't going to devalue their WM match from last year.....

Undertaker's last WM should not be him walking out arm in arm with DX. I'm perfectly fine if this year is his last one, but dude deserves a proper Undertaker send-off, not "Happy 90's Friendship Club in: Hugs Aplenty!"

I've said for a while now that Cena turning heel (during the match, like Austin at 17) and ending the streak would be pretty much the only scenario I'm good with as far as 'Taker losing. Don't think that's going to be in the cards anytime in the next 2 years, so safe to say that particular scenario isn't going to happen.

Cannot think of a scenario where Undertaker losing at WrestleMania would be acceptable. Cena beating Undertaker would be pretty awful. I don't care if Cena turns heel, face, toe, palm,...

People would have been upset if Triple H broke Undertaker's Streak(TM). Cena turning heel no way validates extinguishing over 20 years of continuity. And I like to think WWE could turn heel a very popular John Cena without shitting on The Undertaker. Why give the push to someone like John Cena?

He doesn't need the rub. If not Mankind besting Undertaker in one final, brutal, crippling, life-shortening, double-perma-retirement Hell in a Cell match, I don't want to even humor anyone beating Undertaker at WrestleMania. No one deserves it. Not Punk, Rock, Lesnar, Cena, Orton, etc. and so forth. Only reason I'd put Foley over Undertaker is because it would be a fitting, full-circle closure to both careers. Not that Foley can even walk, but in a world where Foley could still sit-up without requiring assistance, I'd be okay with Foley closing the loop.

The streak needs to be ended in a way that puts things right in the WWE universe, DDP beats him to end the streak and to make up for the BS they put him through. Maybe with help from Jake the Snake. Then DDP can fix him with Yoga.

[quote name='007']

Sure, you have to deal with what happens with Taker and the title after WM, but that's a whole other problem.[/QUOTE]

I got goosebumps just imagining that.

As far as the second part, have UT leave WM with the title and let him retire the next night on RAW and vacate the title. Your next PPV is a tournament for the vacant title where whomever wins feuds with whomever he faced in the tournament finals. Let that feud go a total of 3 PPVs and boom, we're ready to build to Summer Slam in whatever new direction has popped up in the meantime.

[quote name='vrs1650']The streak needs to be ended in a way that puts things right in the WWE universe, DDP beats him to end the streak and to make up for the BS they put him through. Maybe with help from Jake the Snake. Then DDP can fix him with Yoga.[/QUOTE]

And then Brian Lee Undertaker comes out and reveals he was actually the real Undertaker all along, has been in hiding since 1994, and he still hasn't been beaten at Wrestlemania. THE PHENOM IS THREE AND fuckING ZERO.

I don't want the Undertaker to come back. Last year's match was unspeakably horrible and depressing. Let him go out at 20-0 with a lame finish.

Can't Cena just turn heel against Rock, like Austin at WM17? Have Heyman play the part of Vince. "Here Comes The Pain, Hustle, Loyalty, Respect, and Best in the WORLD" supergroup of Lesnar, Punk, and Cena, managed by Heyman. Storylines for the rest of the year.

[quote name='MisterModest']Can't Cena just turn heel against Rock, like Austin at WM17? Have Heyman play the part of Vince. "Here Comes The Pain, Hustle, Loyalty, Respect, and Best in the WORLD" supergroup of Lesnar, Punk, and Cena, managed by Heyman. Storylines for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE]

And sink his merchandise sales? And ruin his 10th Million Make A Wish? Keep dreaming.

[quote name='kodave']And sink his merchandise sales? And ruin his 10th Million Make A Wish? Keep dreaming.[/QUOTE]
That was in response to the fantasy booking of him turning heel and defeating Undertaker. I thought that was a better scenario (turning heel against Rock), than having him end the streak. I'm well aware he's not turning heel. No need to act like a stereotypical internet smark, knowing all about the "merchandise sales" and "teh biznezz" of pro wrasslin'.

[quote name='MisterModest']That was in response to the fantasy booking of him turning heel and defeating Undertaker. I thought that was a better scenario (turning heel against Rock), than having him end the streak. I'm well aware he's not turning heel. No need to act like a stereotypical internet smark, knowing all about the "merchandise sales" and "teh biznezz" of pro wrasslin'.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

And you're real helpful to keep things in context by replying to something brought up several posts above yours and not quote it when several posts preceding yours are discussing various aspects of Undertaker, and not Cena.

Also, I'm pretty sure the standard smark standpoint is still "OMG turn Cena heelz already." Why the hostility though? It's not even "knowing" or pretending to know about "teh biznezz" - its just common sense that someone like Make A Wish's top guy isn't going to turn heel any time soon if ever. Why even bother with the ridiculous fantasy booking scenarios? You could already write a book about scenarios where Cena could have or should have effectively turned heel if you ignore "teh biznezz" aspects of things. It's beating a dead horse at this point.

[quote name='kodave']Why even bother with the ridiculous fantasy booking scenarios?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't know, maybe to, uh, start one of those discussion things...? Since the last time I checked, I believe this is a discussion board. What the hell else is there to talk about? Rock/Cena II: ?

There was talk at Monday’s RAW that one of the reasons The Undertaker didn’t make an appearance at the Royal Rumble is because he’s not so sure that he will work WrestleMania 29 now.

The plan had been for Taker to wrestle CM Punk but WWE officials are still waiting on Taker’s decision. There’s a feeling among some within WWE that Taker will end up wrestling but the discussion at RAW was they may have to come up with another WrestleMania storyline for Punk.

Source: PWInsider

[quote name='HydroX']Hmm, I don't know, maybe to, uh, start one of those discussion things...? Since the last time I checked, I believe this is a discussion board. What the hell else is there to talk about? Rock/Cena II: ?[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of other things to talk about other than the fantastical magical mystical land where John Cena rules as heel supreme. Could it be that there are literally dozens of websites dedicated to posting information about the business where you could find other topics of discussion? Could it be that WWE alone has several hours of first run TV each that could be discussed beyond Rock/Cena?

But no, you're right, let's think of more ways to turn John Cena heel.

Maybe he could team up with Brodus Clay on Raw one week in a tag team match. They're victorious over the heel tag team. To celebrate, they all dance with the little kids when out of no where, John Cena hoists on of them up for the Attitude Adjustment. But he doesn't just AA the child in the ring. He AAs the child over the top rope to the floor below. The lights come on and everyone is in utter shock at why Cena would do such a thing. Brodus is on his knees pulling at his mohawk. The Funkadactyls are screaming in hysterics. Michael Cole is more deadly serious than when Lawler nearly croaked at ringside. Cena exits the ring and grabs Justin Robert's microphone. He slides back into the ring and cuts a promo where he decimates the joke that Brodus Clay has become. Cena says he's sick of this facade everyone is putting on. Cena is a true Boston Thug (tm) and seeing a fat glob of human excrement like Brodus Clay do the same schtick that Cena does in terms of being a good guy repulsed him on the deepest levels. Cena says he carried this company on his back for the past decade, and now it's time for him to do whatever he wants to do, as evidenced by the half-dead kid laying outside of the ring. There is no WWE Universe. There is no Hustle, Loyalty, Respect. There is just Cena, and Cena is going to do whatever Cena wants because he can. Rise above hate? No, no. Rise above this mediocrity. Cena says he's bigger than this company. Bigger than this industry. And there's nothing anyone can do about it. Smirk and shrug. Drop the mic. Cena strolls off. Now the Rock can represent the "people" and the "WWE Universe" 100% as Cena above it all. WrestleMania does 219043586795548984357 buys and Cena goes on a tear until Brodus Clay tasers him with a cattle prod at SummerSlam.

Or, you know, the Intercontinental Cup was cancelled today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back