The "Dear God, Take-Two, No More Yukes" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Genocidal']Cena doesn't need to win the Rumble to face Rock at Mania since it was booked right after last year's match. I'm hoping for Ziggler.[/QUOTE]
I figure Rock is getting the belt tonight to run around with while promoting his GI Joe movie. Granted still doesn't need Cena to win the Rumble for Rock to drop the title to a guy there more often, but it seems the most likely as it gets the belt of the Rock and allows for the Rock/Cena rematch.

Shit, did Cena point at the sign? I wasn't paying attention.

Definitely preferred Jericho/Goldust/Godfather to the rumored Masters/Hurricane/Carlito/Shelton, if I had to choose.

The lines don't lie for wrasslin. Cena began as a small favorite to win the Rumble at -125, but, yesterday, late money came in on Cena and he went up to a huge -900 favorite. Late money is the truth for wrasslin lines.

I nominate this thread to be renamed as "The Dear God, John Cena ruined another Pay Per View Wrestling thread".

And to add insult to injury they add a bunch of fireworks. I might cry.

[quote name='Cage017']I nominate this thread to be renamed as "The Dear God, John Cena ruined another Pay Per View Wrestling thread".

And to add insult to injury they add a bunch of fireworks. I might cry.[/QUOTE]
I like the thread title idea. They had to give him the fireworks, how else are we supposed to know that Cena is amazing without the extra fireworks? They showed Rock's family. Definitely winning.

I miss the Godfather. One of the most entertaining gimmicks and dude really was a damn good wrassler.

On a side note, I agree with pitfallharry. Cena really needed that win. Nothing like the push from the Rumble to really elevate a guy to a fan favorite headliner. Hopefully the fans will really get behind the guy and maybe even creative won't drop the ball with him......

[quote name='Spyder187']On a side note, I agree with pitfallharry. Cena really needed that win. Nothing like the push from the Rumble to really elevate a guy to a fan favorite headliner. Hopefully the fans will really get behind the guy and maybe even creative won't drop the ball with him......[/QUOTE]

John Cena could be this generation's Mikey Whipwreck if creative gives him a proper push. Just a straight-up underdog who is due for a title run.

Storyline wise, the only way Punk would keep the title is if Heyman got Lesnar to come in. Then you can keep the belt on Punk until Elimination chamber, Rock wins that. Then you can throw Lesnar in at Taker somehow. Playup the UFC confrontation, about neither of them knowing how to stay out of other people's business. Some crap. Just as convoluted as WWE booking.

I thought the CHAMP was supposed to come out last? Dwayne's ego is doing the Ryback chant... FEED ME MOARRRRRRRR...

[quote name='Chase']John Cena could be this generation's Mikey Whipwreck if creative gives him a proper push. Just a straight-up underdog who is due for a title run.[/QUOTE]

All this talk is reminding me of Rocky..... Maybe if this Cena guy gets over the WWE Studios can do a Rocky remake and let him star in it!!!!! That would definitely put some assess in some seats.

[quote name='Spyder187']I thought the CHAMP was supposed to come out last? Dwayne's ego is doing the Ryback chant... FEED ME MOARRRRRRRR...[/QUOTE]
It's something everyone bitches about everytime it happens, even though the Champ coming out last hasn't been the standard for a while.

[quote name='Spyder187']I thought the CHAMP was supposed to come out last?=.[/QUOTE]
This has never been a constant in wrestling. Ever. Look at Wrestlemania 5 for christsake. Boxing and UFC, yes. Not wrestling.

It's more of a "rule" that the heel comes out first, and even that isn't by any means a guarantee.

If it bugs you...at least Rock was introduced first once they were both out there.

Assuming Rock wins tonight, they've pissed away 427 days of booking. Whoever finally beats Punk for the title gets a huge rub.

[quote name='Spyder187']All this talk is reminding me of Rocky..... Maybe if this Cena guy gets over the WWE Studios can do a Rocky remake and let him star in it!!!!! That would definitely put some assess in some seats.[/QUOTE]

I would watch a Dwayne Johnson biopic with John Cena as the star.

[quote name='Chase']I would watch a Dwayne Johnson biopic with John Cena as the star.[/QUOTE]

Guest starring Mike "The Miz" Mizzanin as Peter Johnson?

[quote name='Cage017']I just saw "shirt dude". There's no question about it: Lesner is coming out.[/QUOTE]
Shirt dude has been at PPVs Lesnar hasn't been at right?

[quote name='Spyder187']Guest starring Mike "The Miz" Mizzanin as Peter Johnson?[/QUOTE]

Whi "Sheamus" Te as a co-star as Rodney Anoa'i.

That's what he gets for messing with the Spanish announce table. Punk respected the table and didn't take it as bad as Rock did.

Well, there ya go. Pretty cool. Delaying the inevitable, but cool.

...unless someone comes out to restart it? It's kind of early.

Edit - yeah.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The funnest thing ever would be if Punk won now, cleanly.[/QUOTE]
I agree.

This would be hilarious - WWE announces Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been suspended 30 days for his first violation of the Wellness Policy.

I actually sort of liked the show since the Rumble had decent surprises and was well laid-out. The ending was hardly unexpected but I won't discount the entire match just because of it. All the fucking filler between matches was annoying though.

The 1 minute of Godfather coming and going was more enjoyable than that win and anything that is going to come from it.

So the way things are going, last year's Wrestlemania was more like "Once in a Life Time (non title)"?

And I think that was the first time shirt dude was there sans Brock ... unless he was backstage :p.

omg what a terrible ending would rather have Punk with again with the SHIELD's help than have the rock take the title to Hollywood and only come back to defend it at wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back