The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

[quote name='MSUHitman']You can also pay the carriage outside towns to take you to any of the 9 major towns in Skyrim, which I found made it easier to open up more areas of the map for fast traveling.

If you have a smartphone or IPad, IGN has a REALLY good wiki/guide app for $2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the carriage tip, I had no idea that was even available! As far as the app goes, it's funny that you mention it because I ended up buying it last night and have already used it several times.

[quote name='rapsodist'] You're definitely on the right path with archery. I suggest archery and stealth as your top skills. With those two, you're pretty much unstoppable. You can kill most enemies with one or two hits, all from a very safe distance.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm having a lot of fun with it. Usually I'm the sword / heavy armor type but I figured I might as well try something new especially in something as involved as Skyrim seems to be.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Or just turn the difficulty down since it doesn't affect achievements.

I hate the combat in Bethesda games, so I always just play on easy and enjoy the questing and exploration.

I need to get back to this, haven't played it in 3 weeks or so.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll give that a shot. However when games are too easy it kills the experience for me, but a little toned down difficulty at the lower levels will probably save me some grief.

[quote name='mrx001']I never encountered an imprisoned Spriggan.

Enchanting
Buy or find soul gems (Empty soul gems cost less.)
Buy spell soul trap or a weapon enchanted with soul trap.(The Mage in Dragon reach sells the spell.)
Fight enemies,get their life bar real low and cast(or hit if you have the enchanted weapon)soul trap.**Bigger and stronger enemies require bigger souls gems.Stronger souls make for a better enchantment.**
You now have filled soul gem.
Got to an enchanting table and enchant.

You find enchantments on armor,jewelry and weapons .They have a colored shimmering glow to them.Just take them to an Enchanting table and Disinchant them.You can find them in chests and on enemies.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! I have just been selling them because they're worth more but I'll be sure to just disenchant them. What are the most lucrative / smartest things to enchant the iron daggers with (assuming I'm just going to immediately sell them)?

Turn Undead and Banish Daedra are the 2 best enchantments to put on Iron Daggers I believe (I put Turn Undead on many of mine and made a nice profit)

Who's excited for DawnGuard?

Also, here is a list of the achievements for people who are into that kind of thing.
I am putting it in spoilers, for possible plot spoilers.

[customspoiler=Achievements]

A New You - Change Your Face
[20G]

Awakening - Complete "Awakening"
[20G]

Beyond Death - Complete "Beyond Death"
[20G]

Kindred Judgement - Complete "Kindred Judgment"
[40G]

Lost To The Ages - Complete "Lost To The Ages"
[30G]

Soul Tear - Learn All Three Words Of Soul Tear
[20G]

Auriel's Bow - Use The Special Power Of Auriel's Bow
[20G]

Werewolf Mastered - Acquire 11 Werewolf Perks
[20G]

Vampire Mastered - Acquire 11 Vampire Perks
[20G]

Legend - Defeat A Legendary Dragon
[40G]

[/customspoiler]

Ten Achievements for a total of 250 points.

With Dawnguard on the horizon, I decided to pop this back in the disc tray and totally forgot that despite the 100+ hours I've poured in, I still haven't completed the assassins guild, main quest, fighters guild, and haven't even visited 2 towns. Got a lot to do lol.

Got it on download along with end Mass Effect ending.

Edit: Got it. Only 500mb surprised me, expected as least double that.

Haven't got very far but
I refused to turn into vampire so was bansished from the castle. I assume that theres two storylines for the dlc then? One fighting against the vampires, and one with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Dawnguard. Seems good so far. Although it was awkward explaining to my Skyrim Wife where I had been for the last few months.

This thread is for the first OFFICIAL Skyrim DLC, Dawnguard

Release Date:
Xbox 360: 06/26/2012

PC/PS3: Unknown, will update this when info is available

In Dawnguard you join an order called the Dawnguard who are vampire hunters, and help them in their fight against the vampires.

Resources:

Official Skyrim Website

Skyrim Dawnguard Walkthrough

Skyrim Dawnguard on Orcz.com Wiki

Official Trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqXKZOS2jQ[/media]

[quote name='Dark Rider']Ummm. Don't we already have a Skyrim thread?[/QUOTE]

hmmm figured since this is the first big expansion for Skyrim then it needs its own DLC, but ok if a mod wants to close this I can post in the other thread

DAWNGUARD

Release Date:
Xbox 360: 06/26/2012

PC/PS3: Unknown, will update this when info is available

In Dawnguard you join an order called the Dawnguard who are vampire hunters, and help them in their fight against the vampires.

Resources:

Official Skyrim Website

Skyrim Dawnguard Walkthrough

Official Trailer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqXKZOS2jQ[/media]

Picked up Dawnguard today, and started playing it. Ran into a problem though
During the first quest after I joined the Dawnguard, and I was told to find out what the vampires want. I made it to the marker for the mission, and there was a button for me to push. When I pushed the button, a spike came up through the button and pierced my hand, and a purple glowing ring surrounded me, but I could walk through it. Nothing else really happened.
I was pretty tired from work today, and was kinda feeling like I might fall asleep, so I took a break. Am I on the right track?

[quote name='myl0r']Picked up Dawnguard today, and started playing it. Ran into a problem though
During the first quest after I joined the Dawnguard, and I was told to find out what the vampires want. I made it to the marker for the mission, and there was a button for me to push. When I pushed the button, a spike came up through the button and pierced my hand, and a purple glowing ring surrounded me, but I could walk through it. Nothing else really happened.
I was pretty tired from work today, and was kinda feeling like I might fall asleep, so I took a break. Am I on the right track?[/QUOTE]
Did you move the goblets around?

[quote name='mrx001']
Did you move the goblets around?
[/QUOTE]

I'll try that. Thanks. Like I said, I was pretty tired.

small tidbit that I never saw mentioned in the dlc that makes a huge difference? FLETCHING! Now not only can I finally make my dragonbone bow, but I can MAKE dragon arrows to go with it. It's about time they added that.

So I made two seperate saves (1 hunter, 1 vampire) w/same character, and on my vampire one my shield is invisible when it's equipped. I still get it's ability to block/bash but it just doesn't show up.

[quote name='myl0r']small tidbit that I never saw mentioned in the dlc that makes a huge difference? FLETCHING! Now not only can I finally make my dragonbone bow, but I can MAKE dragon arrows to go with it. It's about time they added that.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I wonder if fletching is something that I can do without buying the upgrade right now.

[quote name='saunderscowie']DLC is so dark, using candle light 24/7 and it still doesn't do much.[/QUOTE]

It really sucks when you're running around a dungeon/crypt as a stealthy character and don't want to give away your position.

I think i am pretty much screwed, but i wanna post to make sure there is no way around it that i don't know of.

Basically my game freezes at a certain point and i cant get past it. After playing for 60+ hours i finally get to the Dark Brotherhood quest, i get to the part after you "kill the emperor" and you arrive back at the DB HG only to find it under attack/on fire with everyone dead. I go into the Night Mothers casket, it closes, she says "sleep", the screen goes black and it freezes. First time it happened i sat their for a minute thinking it was just a long load screen!

Any way around it?

EDIT: adding spoiler tags, sorry if i spoiled anyone

[quote name='macontosh2000']I think i am pretty much screwed, but i wanna post to make sure there is no way around it that i don't know of.

Basically my game freezes at a certain point and i cant get past it. After playing for 60+ hours i finally get to the Dark Brotherhood quest, i get to the part after you "kill the emperor" and you arrive back at the DB HG only to find it under attack/on fire with everyone dead. I go into the Night Mothers casket, it closes, she says "sleep", the screen goes black and it freezes. First time it happened i sat their for a minute thinking it was just a long load screen!

Any way around it?[/QUOTE]

First off, you may want to spoiler tag almost all of that.
The same thing happened to me. I believe my fix of the problem was hitting the xbox guide button, and then it eventually loaded.

[quote name='matto1233']First off, you may want to spoiler tag almost all of that.
The same thing happened to me. I believe my fix of the problem was hitting the xbox guide button, and then it eventually loaded.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks that helped!

[quote name='macontosh2000']I think i am pretty much screwed, but i wanna post to make sure there is no way around it that i don't know of.

Any way around it?

EDIT: adding spoiler tags, sorry if i spoiled anyone[/QUOTE]

That happened to me too for the longest time. I was so annoyed so I just left it for ages. I think one of the latest updates fixed it for me.

I wasn't expecting more Skyrim DLC this soon. It sounds pretty underwhelming in general. I've wanted an expansion to the Breezehome in Whiterun for while a now, but adopting little demon spawn that complain, take up space, spend my money and don't kill/steal/do even remotely entertaining? I'll pass... thanks. The less Fable influence this game has the better. Marriage was pointless enough of an affair as it is.

Unless these houses are amazing this looks like a waste of five bucks.

Not excited at all. At first when I saw there was new dlc I got sad because I would have to buy some more xbox points. Then I saw it was to play house. No thanks.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol. OP obviously doesn't play skyrim on pc...[/QUOTE]

Oh hey imagine that, considering he posted this in the Xbox 360 forum. Solid call on that one, bro.

[quote name='Arikado']Oh hey imagine that, considering he posted this in the Xbox 360 forum. Solid call on that one, bro.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. The Reverse Own is strong with that one.

So if you're out adventuring too long, does this mean you can possibly come back and see your family dead and house burnt to the ground? That or will my family be inside the house the whole time because no means of escape? In which case, who's the real monster here?!

[quote name='bardockkun']So if you're out adventuring too long, does this mean you can possibly come back and see your family dead and house burnt to the ground? That or will my family be inside the house the whole time because no means of escape? In which case, who's the real monster here?![/QUOTE]

That would suck, specially if building a house is time consuming and expensive. But it would add a whole new element having a wife in the game.

[quote name='Burum']That would suck, specially if building a house is time consuming and expensive. But it would add a whole new element having a wife in the game.[/QUOTE]

Suck?

No way. That right there would convince me to buy this instead of waiting for DotW sale. I especially LOL'd at the Skeever infestations and Giant attacks. Nearly every marriage compatible NPC in the game is more than capable of handling both at the same time. Why is it your job to save them from utter stupidity?

If I were the Dragonborn living in the middle of nowhere the first thing I'd teach my kids is how to properly stab things in the face. Repeatedly.

[quote name='Arikado']Oh hey imagine that, considering he posted this in the Xbox 360 forum. Solid call on that one, bro.[/QUOTE]
mods moved the thread into here, buddy.

bread's done
Back