The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

For Elder Scrolls vets, wasn't there some vampire/werewolf story elements in Morrowind/Bloodmoon? Any special I should expect going to Black Rock as a Vampire Lord?

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']I'll get it, but I am still building my last two houses and have to do the Dawnguard quests. It's getting amazing reviews.[/QUOTE]

Where are the reviews? There were none up yet on Gamerankings.

He's probably talking word of mouth I guess. Kotaku ran a really positive preview this morning, & IGN did a live stream this afternoon.

Also from Kotaku this afternoon:

Dragon riding sucks b/c you have no real control of where the dragon goes.

There is a new enemy called the Ebony Warrior that appears outside Falkreath if you're level 81 that will wreck your face and is the most powerful enemy in the game. No one has been able to defeat him on the first try.

Just started to play this game finally after owning it since release day. LOL. But i read there was a problem in the 360 version that prevented you from marrying again if you kill your wife/husband after 5 days. Was this patched? Im just curious, if it wasnt fixed ill make sure who i want to marry before its forever.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI all the Elder Scrolls DLC, minus Dragonborn, will be on sale Dec. 31 for all XBox members.[/QUOTE]

Going to pick up hearthfire to complete the set and score all the achievements.

Anyone else totally loving Dragonborn? I feel like it's leaps and bounds above Dawnguard. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't paid full price for it when it came out too...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Going to pick up hearthfire to complete the set and score all the achievements.

Anyone else totally loving Dragonborn? I feel like it's leaps and bounds above Dawnguard. Kind of makes me wish I hadn't paid full price for it when it came out too...[/QUOTE]

I'll probably get Hearthfire too. Picked up Dawnguard for 1200 MSP in the last sale and will bite on Dragonborn pretty soon....no real reason for not buying it yet.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI all the Elder Scrolls DLC, minus Dragonborn, will be on sale Dec. 31 for all XBox members.[/QUOTE]

Cool, i bought the hearthfire one, but havent bought any others. :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Cool, i bought the hearthfire one, but havent bought any others. :)[/QUOTE]

Well for Skyrim there's only Hearthfire, Dragonborn, & Dawnguard.

I just got back into this game after not having played for a year. I got it on release day and put like 60 hours into it with a ton of things to still do, but I started getting annoyed with it. Alot of it was the combat got dull for me and the game started to feel more like a chore. All the time away from it was good though because it feels fresh and fun again. I'll probably get Dawnguard when it goes on sale and i'm considering picking up Dragonborn as well.

I just bought this game recently, and I'm really enjoying it. I don't imagine that I will finish it anytime soon, so I doubt I'll be buying any of the DLC during the sale.

This might be a dumb question, but who is the best woman to marry? What i want is someone who will follow me on quests, and will not die. Being able to change her clothes would be nice, but not if its going to switch every time we enter a new area that requires a loading screen. So main goal is to get someone who will follow me, and not die. But i really dont want it to be one of the housecarls because i read their voices dont change like other NPCs do once they are married to you.

Im thinking either Mjoll the lioness, but she has some dude always following her around. I guess i could kill him. lol. Or i was thinking maybe Aela the huntress, but im not sure if she can be killed.

I went with Aela the Huntress. She is not invincible, but she favors bow and arrow so generally she's behind me, attacking from a ways away while I'm mixing it up with the enemies at melee range. Plus I liked her voice and my character is a werewolf too so it seemed like a good fit. She has died a couple of times (only ever by friendly fire when she wandered right in front of my sword), but I save frequently enough that it wasn't a big deal to just reload. I had her in Elven or Glass light armor most of the time (Forsworn armor if I felt like having a little eye candy around ;) ), and it wasn't a problem keeping her in something as long as it has better stats than her default outfit. You can also give her one really good arrow like a Daedric arrow and she will make infinite copies of it as long as you keep her equipped with her default bow.

I actually used Aela for almost my entire playtime until just switching her for Serana last night after starting the Dawnguard DLC.

Aela, like most followers that start with a bow, won't use a better bow if you give it to them, which puts her at a disadvantage. And since she's one of the first characters you meet, she spawns into the world at a low level (and followers don't level up).

It is possible to make her an essential character after the Companion quest line. If you start the hunt for the totems (which you get from asking her for a job) she'll be come essential again and won't be able to be killed until you get all three.

As with any follower, if you use the Wabbajack to turn her into an animal, her level/stats will reset when she reverts back to match your own, up until level 50 I believe. Just know that you can't Wabbajack a follower that is essential, so you would have to do this before the Totem of Hircine questline if you want her to be not able to die.

Sounds good, she will live at your house too right? Ive only built a house near solitude mainly for weapons, trophies, etc. I was planning to build a "family" house near falkreath.

I dunno where I put my waifu. I married her and I haven't seen her since I think I married that werewolf lady.

I tried to adopt a little shit and the lady told me I needed to buy a house, the fuck? I wanna lonewolf and cub this shit and train him to be an assassin not tidy my house...

If you never moved her then she's in Jorvasker or whatever that building is called.

It's possible she died during the Battle For Whiterun too, if you're on the Stormcloak side, but I think that's unlikely to happen.

It's more likely that she fell through the world.

[quote name='Indignate']If you never moved her then she's in Jorvasker or whatever that building is called.

It's possible she died during the Battle For Whiterun too, if you're on the Stormcloak side, but I think that's unlikely to happen.

It's more likely that she fell through the world.[/QUOTE]
Last place I saw her was riften then I married her and that was like a couple of months ago when I stopped playing.

Also which houses can I upgrade? All of them?

Um...yes?

You can buy vanilla furnishings for only of the vanilla houses. For the Hearthfire, you can buy three plots of land in Dawnstar, Markarth, and Falkreath. Basically the main holds where you don't already get a house in vanilla.

These houses will eventually have a entryway, a main hall, and three wings that each have it's own three specializations. So nine different wings altogether and you can be more specific to what type of furnishing exist within the house, although you don't have control of placement.

[quote name='GUNNM']Ah thanks was curious which houses I could upgrade with the hearthfire dlc[/QUOTE]

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Hearthfire

Im kind of curious if i can change into a werewolf, then into a vampire, then back into a werewolf? I read mixed info on the net. Some say you can talk to Aela if you are a vamp and she can change you back to a werewolf. Some say if you are a vamp from dawnguard you cant go back.

My main guy is usually a good guy, so i will probably fight the vamps in dawnguard, instead of becoming one, but becoming one sounds like it would be more fun, and who knows if ill ever replay this game as a bad guy.

[quote name='The 7th Number']http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Hearthfire

Im kind of curious if i can change into a werewolf, then into a vampire, then back into a werewolf? I read mixed info on the net. Some say you can talk to Aela if you are a vamp and she can change you back to a werewolf. Some say if you are a vamp from dawnguard you cant go back.

My main guy is usually a good guy, so i will probably fight the vamps in dawnguard, instead of becoming one, but becoming one sounds like it would be more fun, and who knows if ill ever replay this game as a bad guy.[/QUOTE]That's why people tell you to save before this DLC incase you wanna go back. I'm team werewolf

[quote name='The 7th Number']http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Hearthfire

My main guy is usually a good guy, so i will probably fight the vamps in dawnguard, instead of becoming one, but becoming one sounds like it would be more fun, and who knows if ill ever replay this game as a bad guy.[/QUOTE]

I was a Werewolf in vanilla Skyrim. Went Vampire Lord when Dawnguard dropped, and can confirm that Aela turned me back when I was done. I was married to her, but doubt that had anything to do with it.

Didn't mess with transforming any more than that.

I'm at the last part of the main quest chain in Dragonborn. I think I am going to stop explore a little and finish a few of these side quests. I'm not a huge fan of some of the side quests requiring you to go back to Skyrim, but whatevs.

My main guy is usually a good guy, so i will probably fight the vamps in dawnguard, instead of becoming one, but becoming one sounds like it would be more fun, and who knows if ill ever replay this game as a bad guy.[/QUOTE]

Spoilers beware:
You can be on the Dawnguard side and still be a vampire, although you have to cure yourself to finish the quest line but the option to become a vampire will be available after finishing it.

If you're on the Dawnguard side when you get ready to enter the Soul Cairn, you will start to take damage and Serana says she either has to seal away a part of your soul (which requires you to eat those weird plants you see in the Soul Cairn to keep your life up) or turn you into a vampire.

If you choose the vampire route, the Dawnguard will no longer give you quests and the leader points you to the guy that cures vampirism (same sidequest as vanilla Skyrim requiring a filled black soul gem.) After the end of the Dawnguard main quest, one of Serana's options when you talk to her will be to turn you into a vampire, similar to how the option appears with Aela for turning back into a werewolf.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I went with Aela the Huntress. She is not invincible, but she favors bow and arrow so generally she's behind me, attacking from a ways away while I'm mixing it up with the enemies at melee range. Plus I liked her voice and my character is a werewolf too so it seemed like a good fit. She has died a couple of times (only ever by friendly fire when she wandered right in front of my sword), but I save frequently enough that it wasn't a big deal to just reload. I had her in Elven or Glass light armor most of the time (Forsworn armor if I felt like having a little eye candy around ;) ), and it wasn't a problem keeping her in something as long as it has better stats than her default outfit. You can also give her one really good arrow like a Daedric arrow and she will make infinite copies of it as long as you keep her equipped with her default bow.

I actually used Aela for almost my entire playtime until just switching her for Serana last night after starting the Dawnguard DLC.[/QUOTE]

Aela is voiced by Claudia Christensen of Babylon 5 fame.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I went with Aela the Huntress. She is not invincible, but she favors bow and arrow so generally she's behind me, attacking from a ways away while I'm mixing it up with the enemies at melee range. Plus I liked her voice and my character is a werewolf too so it seemed like a good fit. She has died a couple of times (only ever by friendly fire when she wandered right in front of my sword), but I save frequently enough that it wasn't a big deal to just reload. I had her in Elven or Glass light armor most of the time (Forsworn armor if I felt like having a little eye candy around ;) ), and it wasn't a problem keeping her in something as long as it has better stats than her default outfit. You can also give her one really good arrow like a Daedric arrow and she will make infinite copies of it as long as you keep her equipped with her default bow.

I actually used Aela for almost my entire playtime until just switching her for Serana last night after starting the Dawnguard DLC.[/QUOTE]

I've encounted a major bug after Dawnguard was installed that the game no longer recognizes Aela as my wife, she now stays at the Companions home, and someone from the Companion quest line has come back to life.

Also beware that even if he/she is sleeping, you cannot vampire feed from your spouse. They will instantly detect and aggro you. Anyone else seems to be fine. Haven't tried to use the vampire seduction but I believe they may be immune to it.

I kind of wish that she would stop being my wife because she does not shut the fuck up about the shifting moon.

I get it bitch, go inside and make me a homecooked meal.

[quote name='Indignate']I kind of wish that she would stop being my wife because she does not shut the fuck up about the shifting moon.

I get it bitch, go inside and make me a homecooked meal.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like my ex fiancee.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The fourth one, so like, two ago.

And I still haven't gotten married in Skyrim yet :I[/QUOTE]
laying down that dragonborn cock in all those maiden whores in riften? you dog you

I dunno who ysolda is or sylgia is once my orc eyes saw Aela I knew there would be no other.

I finally finished the Dark Brotherhood questline today. I think I still have the College and Civil War to do and then I'll be done with main game after 100 hours. I still have never been to Falkreath and I plan never to go.

[quote name='Indignate']I finally finished the Dark Brotherhood questline today. I think I still have the College and Civil War to do and then I'll be done with main game after 100 hours. I still have never been to Falkreath and I plan never to go.[/QUOTE]

I still have the main story and civil war to do as well, but I just started getting back into it after a 6+ month hiatus. Did the "Season Unending" quest a week or so ago and I must say
Fus Ro Dah-ing Elenwen off of High Hrothgar was one of the crowning Skyrim moments. TAKE THAT YOU THALMOR SLIME!

Did they fix the glitch of you losing your dark brotherhood horse? I never got that thing back I just moved on to the second best horse in the game (frost)

bread's done
Back