The Fandango Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the news on ROH abandoning live iPPV. It was posted on their Facebook but has not been put on ROHWrestling.com as of right now....

Honestly this feels like a very lazy cop out on ROH's part. Very few if any are going to order these now VOD iPPVs because one of the biggest draws to them was being able to watch it live. What ROH needs to do is partner with a real company that knows how to stream properly such as Neulion instead of going to cheap third rate companies like they have been (ie: Go Fight Live).
Also rumors are going around the Briscoes are done as well. The production on this iPPV this weekend was a pure disaster and this combined with the messing up of the PPV a few months ago where it cut the ending of Steen/Briscoe this could be a smart move because I would be more than willing to wait an extra day to watch the VoD if I knew the quality was 100%, and I think others might be as well rather than deal with buffering and missed spots. Its somewhat easy to avoid RoH Spoilers anyway unlike TNA or WWE.

Yeah apparently Sinclair Broadcasting only recently found out about Jay's tweets so they for all purposes are done with ROH after the recent TV tapings. I doubt that the WWE is going to want anything to do with the Briscoes given those tweets. I can easily see TNA bringing them in.

It's funny that Punk and Bryan, two of the top three guys right now. inherently came out something akin to the territory system, with Cesaro not far behind them. If the Briscoes join, it would make a strong case for the indies.

I actually feel bad about Swagger getting arrested. He's still a dope, and he shouldn't have did what he did. Hopefully he learns from his mistake and keeps his shit together.

* Swagger did not testify yesterday but a video recorded by a patrol car camera was shown. Swagger told the officer that night he smoked some marijuana before leaving the Coliseum that night. Swagger told the officer, “I know I f-d up. I apologize, man.”

* An officer testified that Swagger handed him his credit card when asked for his driver’s license. Swagger’s speech was slow, his eyes bloodshot and watery, but he was “cooperative, nervous and talkative.” A DUI officer said, “He was just as docile as a gentleman can possibly be.”
* When Swagger was stopped by police on February 19th, he told police he had just showered, stopped by a fast food restaurant and was “pretty banged up” after the SmackDown tapings that night.

* The officer testified that Swagger was driving 10 mph faster than the speed limit and that he smelled burned marijuana in Swagger’s rental car. The officer also saw a few pieces of marijuana on Swagger’s lap.

* A video showed Swagger taking a field sobriety test in 44 degree weather on the side of the road. The DUI officer described the test as a “walk and turn” while counting and a one-leg stand, also while counting. Swagger stumbled a few times while waving his arms in the air to balance himself and stood on one leg. “It was probably by far one of the worst I’ve ever seen as a DUI officer for under the influence of marijuana,” the officer testified.

* Swagger was fined $1,000 plus $300 in court costs for the DUI conviction. He was also fined $198 for speeding and must attend an alcohol-safety class and a victim-impact class. Swagger can get his license back in 90 days if he completes the classes, instead of a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWE superstar CM Punk has obtained a restraining order against his estranged mother -- claiming she constantly hits him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he doesn't come through ... TMZ has learned.

Punk -- real name Phillip Brooks -- claims in legal docs filed in Illinois that he's tried to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year "due to repeated financial demands and years of abusive, harassing and threatening behavior."

In the document, Punk says he's made an effort to help his mom -- who he claims suffers from bipolar disorder -- giving her more than $100,000. But Punk says her "abusive/threatening behavior" escalated when he cut her off.

That's when Punk's mom allegedly unleashed a torrent of nasty emails -- telling the wrestler, "You don't give a s**t about us. You just care about your money and money hungry/fame hungry friends. You would sell us for a nickel."

Punk also says his mother threatened to release potentially embarrassing information about her son's past. Punk suggests the information has to do with arrests when he was in high school.

In the docs, Punk says his mother has threatened to commit suicide on at least 4 occasions in 2012.

Punk says, "I wish for the harassment to stop and am requesting the assistance of the court in this regards."

The judge in the case granted the temporary restraining order back on June 10 -- but the wrestler is due back in court today where he will likely try to extend the protection order for several years.
Also, Jake Roberts fell off the wagon.

God damn it. Which means Scott isn't going to be too far behind, if it hasn't happened already.

We due for a new thread soon?
How so? Jake's was triggered by an old flame, apparently. Unless Scott plays it like it's monkey-see, monkey-do, this makes no sense.

And considering we have 90 posts to go......

BNo1HjnCYAAn8EL_zps1bbfcb62.jpg

Thank god it was only two drinks. I mean it could've been worse. We shall see.

And that Summerslam poster is literally the corniest thing I've ever seen.

That poster is terrible.
What's interesting though, is that Ziggler continues to be all over a lot of promo materials lately. The push is pretty undeniable at this point, but still feels like it came out of nowhere. Perhaps this was all planned out over the break he had.

Low-Ki has retired.

The Bellas may be involved in the Summerslam main event.

John Cena 18 years ago: 
vp2ttr8.jpg

Stephanie McMahon has left the creative writing of the WWE product to many others. Might be why the show has been getting better.

Low-Ki has retired.

Wow, it really is 2013, isn't it? I remember watching the three-way dance between he, Daniels, and Danielson in one of the first ROH shows. Ki and MVP would have made a great tag team if the E chose to really push them. It's a shame that WWE has only recently gotten their act together.

Edit:

Found the match. Doesn't feel like 11 years ago.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq4z65_bryan-danielson-vs-christopher-daniels-vs-low-ki_sport#.UcyfFvmyCuk

Given that he's in his '30s now, I doubt it. He's also seemed like the type that liked to hit hard, but not be hit hard so it's probably not the right fit for him.

So any long-time fan/watcher of TNA is supposed to believe 4.5 years ago when Suicide debuted b/c of the Midway TNA game it was Aries the whole time when Aries was contracted to RoH?????

Could be worse I guess, it could have been Hornswaggle.

So any long-time fan/watcher of TNA is supposed to believe 4.5 years ago when Suicide debuted b/c of the Midway TNA game it was Aries the whole time when Aries was contracted to RoH?????

Could be worse I guess, it could have been Hornswaggle.
What?! No?! :whee:

Aries attacked TJ Perkins (Suicide) early on in the show and stole the outfit.

One of the wrestling shirt sites, I think it's turnbuckle tees does a lot of custom shirts. Their latest was the I'm A ____ Guy shirt. In other words, that was all on him for making and then wearing it.
I just want to establish, on behalf of TurnbuckleTees, we did not have anything to do with that Custom T-Shirt.

No order of it's sort was placed with the shop.

"Our old WWF" led to a lot of needless injuries. I'm fine with WWE discouraging concussion any way they can...such as perhaps not putting FANDANGO, COMING OFF OF A CONCUSSION, IN A LADDER MATCH. Which seems like a really stupid thing to do unless he plays it super-safe which he likely won't do.

SD was pretty good at times, but had some questionable booking for characters.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/06/sd-6-28-13.html

I don't think that's his overall debut but that entrance music gives me goosebumps.
I remember the first time they ever showed Doink on-screen was an innocuous little shot of him walking around in the crowd during a match and I remember Vince on commentary saying "Hello there, Mr Clown."

It wasn't until subsequent appearances over the next few weeks that he start pulling heelish pranks on babyface wrestlers and people in the crowd, and then I remember Vince interviewed him for a promo, and finally that led up to his debut match.

"Our old WWF" led to a lot of needless injuries. I'm fine with WWE discouraging concussion any way they can...such as perhaps not putting FANDANGO, COMING OFF OF A CONCUSSION, IN A LADDER MATCH. Which seems like a really stupid thing to do unless he plays it super-safe which he likely won't do.
I'd just like to see a difference between now and the attitude era with chair shots and see the differences. Yes, concussions are a serious thing now a days, but yet, every one of us has had one once in our life. Doesn't have to be huge but even a small one. I believe if you did a chair shot correctly and protected your self correctly, not a problem. But, I also liek how the Punt Kick and Pile Driver ate also banned. What's next on the list? Kofi KingstonsTrouble in Paradise? Thats caused quite a few concussions. It's going to become Saturday Morning Slam pretty soon where they switch angles when they hit the head. On a side note, local promotion in Orlando has Doink, Matt Striker, Head Bangers and Tomko wrestling. Doesn't say who however.

Concussions can ruin a person's life. It's not worth the risk for a wrestler losing his mind. That's harsh but that's exactly what happened with Chris Benoit.

How about 15 years from now Daniel Bryan ends up murdering Brie Bella and their son? 

Concussions can ruin a person's life. It's not worth the risk for a wrestler losing his mind. That's harsh but that's exactly what happened with Chris Benoit.
Na, that is just an excuse for Benoit lovers who cannot except the fact that he was a horrible person. Concussions are a serious injury, but they do not cause you to murder your family. There is as much facts to say that concussions made him do that as there are for the case that doing steroids made him do it. Its all just unproven nonsense.

Na, that is just an excuse for Benoit lovers who cannot except the fact that he was a horrible person. Concussions are a serious injury, but they do not cause you to murder your family. There is as much facts to say that concussions made him do that as there are for the case that doing steroids made him do it. Its all just unproven nonsense.
Kinda like how you're speaking for what a "horrible person" he was, without being him or knowing what was going through his mind? I'm all for expressing your feelings, but don't be a hypocrite and think it's okay by taking pot shots at people who liked the guy or respected his work. You're not being clever, you're just being a dick.

Kinda like how you're speaking for what a "horrible person" he was, without being him or knowing what was going through his mind? I'm all for expressing your feelings, but don't be a hypocrite and think it's okay by taking pot shots at people who liked the guy or respected his work. You're not being clever, you're just being a dick.
Truth.

Addressing the topic a few posts above:

I like to think WWE made their ring style so safe/routine to protect their employ- Err- Contractors. Or, maybe, Vince wants to keep his contractors healthy so they can continue to make him money and not miss tours/dates.  Either or.

And there is a clip TNA uploaded where Hogan says that TJ Perkins has always been the Suicide character, and that Aries jumped him from behind and stole his costume. Just to clarify.

Please tell me I'll be seeing TJP in future PWG shows. :( If I eventually get around to attending one, it'll be one where he wrestles. Also: One with the Young Bucks. Also: Steen. Also: Super Smash Bros.

Also: Captured this maybe a week or two ago. Name that moment.

http://postimg.org/image/pmdkvq6o9/

ROH.  Punk?  Not sure of the setting.

Eh, I'm probably wrong but it's the best I've got.

Just got my IndieGoGo perk for the Scott Hall fund. It was oddly sad to see the autographed picture of him in his NWO heyday, and seeing him now. Put it back in the envelope and tucked it away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back