The FREE NCAA College Basketball pool - CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

[quote name='naes']fuck. Kansas. I really wanted ND, because they'll win it all :D[/quote]

I'd be happy to take Kansas off your hands :) They are going to atleast the elite 8

[quote name='naes']fuck. Kansas. I really wanted ND, because they'll win it all :D[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'd have killed for Kansas. As it is, I'm comfortable with Kentucky. They probably won't win, but they do have a winning tradition and you never know.

While Winthrop is a great team, ND will beat them solidly.
[quote name='schuerm26']Ha Ha. ND will be out first round to Winthrop.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']While Winthrop is a great team, ND will beat them solidly.[/quote]

Nah. ND is as over rated as they come. Winthrop is going to run circles around ND. It will be a good game but, if you haven't seen Winthrop play, you are in for a major surprise.

Same goes for George Washington. There defense is suffocating. They are going to surprise some people also.

[quote name='swetooth9']lucky nike dude...UNC will win it all[/quote]

Nah. They are going to go out fairly early also, in my opinion (2nd Thurs or Fri. of play ). Whoever got Georgetown got the best pick of the pool.

Overrated? They beat a solid Maryland team, Alabama, Louisville, West Virginia and Marquette.
[quote name='schuerm26']Nah. ND is as over rated as they come.[/quote]

My predictions as to who can actually win it all:

Top Tier: Florida and Ohio St.

Mid Tier: Georgetown and Texas

Bottom Tier: Wisconsin, Kansas and UNC

You have any one of the above teams, you actually have a chance at winning this contest.

[quote name='schuerm26']Nah. They are going to go out fairly early also, in my opinion (2nd Thurs or Fri. of play ). Whoever got Georgetown got the best pick of the pool.[/quote]
nah, this team is too deep to be eliminated early...wright and hansbrough combo + lighting quick lawson = pretty good chances

Weber State, woo!

C'mon George Mason-like run!

Just need to beat UCLA, Indiana, Pit, and Kansas just to get to the final four...

I agree, UNC is a great team this year.
[quote name='swetooth9']nah, this team is too deep to be eliminated early...wright and hansbrough combo + lighting quick lawson = pretty good chances[/quote]

[quote name='swetooth9']nah, this team is too deep to be eliminated early...wright and hansbrough combo + lighting quick lawson = pretty good chances[/quote]

They have to get through Marquette, Texas, Georgetown to make it to the final four (not including the first rd cake and assuming no upsets). They aren't getting past both Texas and Georgetown.

[quote name='schuerm26']They have to get through Marquette, Texas, Georgetown to make it to the final four (not including the first rd cake and assuming no upsets). They aren't getting past both Texas and Georgetown.[/quote]

they can get past both...i'm not saying it will be easy, but they will

[quote name='jaso']Virginia Commonwealth ... :)[/quote]

They actually aren't as bad as I would've thought:

Wins:

Old Dominion
Drexel (Twice)
Houston
Albany

I was really impressed by the OD win. Granted, OD beat them once too, but OD is a way better team that what people think. I think a lot of people are going to be suprised by them in the tourney.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']They actually aren't as bad as I would've thought:

Wins:

Old Dominion
Drexel (Twice)
Houston
Albany

I was really impressed by the OD win. Granted, OD beat them once too, but OD is a way better team that what people think. I think a lot of people are going to be suprised by them in the tourney.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they could be a sleeper, but if VC makes it past Duke AND Pittsburgh, I'll crap in my hand and eat it.

Georgetown... I like. Don't think they'll win, but at least they won't go out in the first round (at least that's the hope). Thanks for the contest brian.

[quote name='Warner1281']Georgetown... I like. Don't think they'll win, but at least they won't go out in the first round (at least that's the hope). Thanks for the contest brian.[/QUOTE]

Georgetown's the darkhorse candidate for national champion. And wouldn't that be an AP sports writer's dream.

[quote name='jaso']Virginia Commonwealth ... :)[/QUOTE]

Just a little bracket humor. They have a decent shot at beating a couple of teams, but there is no way I have a chance at winning this contest. My pick is definitely Georgetown, so that means Warner1281 has the winning team. Though I'm not an NCAA BB analyst I have a feeling we won't see Florida or Ohio State in the championship game. There are ways of shutting these 2 powerhouses down and I think teams will find these things out and capitalize.

[quote name='neudog']Though I'm not an NCAA BB analyst I have a feeling we won't see Florida or Ohio State in the championship game. [/quote]

That means you probably know a little bit about the teams, unlike the blowhards like Billy Packer, Jim Nantz and the idiots on ESPN.

[quote name='furyk']Eh, Boston College. Maybe they'll get through the Sweet 16, but I doubt it.[/quote]

even coming from a BC fan, we'd be lucky to get out of the 2nd round b/c we're facing georgetown in the 2nd round :bomb:

Marquette, eh? Hmm... Maybe Michigan State won't be hard. But then I see NC. Should both teams win the first round, they play in NC. I might need some help here...

[quote name='briansraregames']Just a note guys: Even if you got a shitty team in the draw, keep checking back in here. I promise that it will be worth it.[/quote]

hmmmmmm..interesting :)

Though VCU has no chance at going all the way I can't complain. I'd be happy if they just beat Duke. I can't stand how lenient the refs are on the Blue Devils. As always thanks brian for this free contest and good luck to you all.:D

[quote name='schuerm26']That means you probably know a little bit about the teams, unlike the blowhards like Billy Packer, Jim Nantz and the idiots on ESPN.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Yeah it is rare to see most analyst's go with an underdog. I was surprised to see Jay Billas pick Georgetown. I know they're a 2 seed, but not many have them winning it all. My 2 teams are Texas and Austin Peay due to where I grew up (Texas) and my college (APSU). This being said there is something about Georgetown that makes me think they have "it". Unlike Ohio State, Georgetown doesn't have to rely on the big man and they share the ball.

[quote name='neudog']Though VCU has no chance at going all the way I can't complain. I'd be happy if they just beat Duke. I can't stand how lenient the refs are on the Blue Devils. As always thanks brian for this free contest and good luck to you all.:D

:rofl: Yeah it is rare to see most analyst's go with an underdog. I was surprised to see Jay Billas pick Georgetown. I know they're a 2 seed, but not many have them winning it all. My 2 teams are Texas and Austin Peay due to where I grew up (Texas) and my college (APSU). This being said there is something about Georgetown that makes me think they have "it". Unlike Ohio State, Georgetown doesn't have to rely on the big man and they share the ball.[/QUOTE]

Word, I got Texas in the big dance. Durant is the real deal.

bread's done
Back