The FREE NCAA College Basketball pool - CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

[quote name='jaso']Wow, just saw the loser's bracket lineup. OP, you're incredibly gracious. I almost want Kentucky to lose now.[/quote]

Kentucky is gonna lose to Villanova so it won't be too much of a wait :)

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Kentucky is gonna lose to Villanova so it won't be too much of a wait :)[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Yahoo Sports just ran a feature about how Tubby really needs a big showing in this tourney or his turkey's cooked. But they emphasized KY's tough first- and second-round draws, and how it was highly unlikely.

It's cool, though. I've never played Geist.

[quote name='miktau']lol got oregon[/quote]
Have them in my final four.. Vs. Duke :roll: - No clue how that worked out, I hate duke, but something tells me they are going to pull it off to get to the Final Four. They always manage to.

As far as my draw, I'll take Michigan State.. I doubt they'll go all the way, but thats what makes the game great. I have a great feeling about the first round though..

NEITZEL (sp?) IS A MONSTER!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Have them in my final four.. Vs. Duke :roll: - No clue how that worked out, I hate duke, but something tells me they are going to pull it off to get to the Final Four. They always manage to.

As far as my draw, I'll take Michigan State.. I doubt they'll go all the way, but thats what makes the game great. I have a great feeling about the first round though..

NEITZEL (sp?) IS A MONSTER![/quote]

duke in the final four? are you high? have you watched them play this year???

i might even be going to duke for college next year (still waiting to hear) and I even know they arent that good...they'll be out in the 2nd round or 3rd

Off topic, but I just dropped my bracket off at my pool leader's house, and he was sitting down filling out his bracket with everyone else's in front of him. Would this piss anyone else off?

[quote name='jaso']Off topic, but I just dropped my bracket off at my pool leader's house, and he was sitting down filling out his bracket with everyone else's in front of him. Would this piss anyone else off?[/QUOTE]

Not really because it is all chance anyways. I used a Mountain Dew cap with Michigan State decide my fate the year they went all the way. I know it isn't the same from copying a fellow brackateer, but just because he copies doesn't better his odds. Though a 16 might not beat a 1 there are always the chance for upsets. If I was new to the bracket pools this might piss me off slightly, but I look at it like if he wants to copy he can't complain later. I'd rather take my chances on my own pics. Hell I used a Mountain Dew cap with Michigan State decide my fate the year they went all the way

Also to second what jaso said, thanks again Brian, and everyone who contributed prizes, for the contest and the new addition of the loser bracket. I have faith in VCU against Duke, but I might be joining the loser bracket sooner than later:p

Here's the thing, though. He always does two brackets - one that puts his favorite team on top and one that's more realistic. So, if he sees a lot of people going with a particular upset, he can pick it on one bracket and not on the other. I dunno, it just kind of irks me, like I just threw my money away. I just have a feeling he filled it out so he could do no worse than this guy, or that guy. And even maybe win it all on his other bracket.

[quote name='jaso']Here's the thing, though. He always does two brackets - one that puts his favorite team on top and one that's more realistic. So, if he sees a lot of people going with a particular upset, he can pick it on one bracket and not on the other. I dunno, it just kind of irks me, like I just threw my money away. I just have a feeling he filled it out so he could do no worse than this guy, or that guy. And even maybe win it all on his other bracket.[/quote]

Would definitely piss me off and I'd call him out on it in front of everyone (or by e-mail CC'ed to everyone. If that bracket doesn't immediately get disqualified I'd demand my money back and pull out of the pool (and wouldn't let him run it next year).

[quote name='Warner1281']Would definitely piss me off and I'd call him out on it in front of everyone (or by e-mail CC'ed to everyone. If that bracket doesn't immediately get disqualified I'd demand my money back and pull out of the pool (and wouldn't let him run it next year).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'll only complain if he ends up winning. I don't plan on participating in the pool next year, though.

Back to the games, BC really dominated Texas Tech (it's the only pick I've missed so far). I was rooting for the Red Raiders, but they weren't even allowed in the paint, and BC shot lights out from three-point land. BC deserved that win, so I'm not too bitter.

[quote name='jaso']Yeah, I think I'll only complain if he ends up winning. I don't plan on participating in the pool next year, though.

Back to the games, BC really dominated Texas Tech (it's the only pick I've missed so far). I was rooting for the Red Raiders, but they weren't even allowed in the paint, and BC shot lights out from three-point land. BC deserved that win, so I'm not too bitter.[/quote]

I had Texas Tech too DAMN.

You know what is great? Watching these games on www.cbssportsline.com/mmod while sitting in class.

ROFL, it is nuking my battery life though.

3 musketeers strike again :) dudley, marshall, and tyrese with 19, 21, and 26 pts respectively = the BC team i've been wanting back since the last few losses we've had

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I had Texas Tech too DAMN.

You know what is great? Watching these games on www.cbssportsline.com/mmod while sitting in class.

ROFL, it is nuking my battery life though.[/QUOTE]

does it work? I tried watching a game and it was all choppy/laggy as fuck.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']does it work? I tried watching a game and it was all choppy/laggy as fuck.[/QUOTE]

It works really well for me.

[quote name='neudog']It's good when you draw a poor DUKE squad in round 1. GO VCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

haha my friends bracket had Duke winning it all. :p

[quote name='ihadFG']11 for 12...i missed the Mich. State game :cry: , but got the duke game right :lol:[/quote]

i saw that got scared then saw u got the other game wrong, who u got this next series of games?

i got pitt, xavier, nc and indiana

[quote name='lostpirate']i saw that got scared then saw u got the other game wrong, who u got this next series of games?

i got pitt, xavier, nc and indiana[/quote]

I got pitt, xavier, nc and gonzaga (our only difference out of these 4).

And I think were posting on the wrong thread...

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']haha my friends bracket had Duke winning it all. :p[/QUOTE]
Wow, 1 and done literally. I don't think many can recover from a first round lost like that.

[quote name='swetooth9']duke in the final four? are you high? have you watched them play this year???

i might even be going to duke for college next year (still waiting to hear) and I even know they arent that good...they'll be out in the 2nd round or 3rd[/quote]
*Eats Words :booty:

No I am not high, No I have not watched them play this year save the MD games which I caught a minute or 2 of.

I had a fucked up bracket (see: all 1 seeds) and I just did my bracket to screw around - you never see all one seeds in the final four, and I knew if duke could get hot they'd be tough to beat.

Anyway, glad MSU lives another day.

Though I'm ecstatic about Duke being knocked out by VCU my odds at winning any prize just drastically dropped. Now instead of being in the losers pool I have to compete with the Big Dawgs in the winners pool. I think VCU will advance to the Sweet 16, but beyond that they would definitely be the big Cinderella team this year.

[quote name='neudog']Though I'm ecstatic about Duke being knocked out by VCU my odds at winning any prize just drastically dropped. Now instead of being in the losers pool I have to compete with the Big Dawgs in the winners pool. I think VCU will advance to the Sweet 16, but beyond that they would definitely be the big Cinderella team this year.[/quote]

Well don't forget Winthrop either. Both these teams could make for a Cinderella year, but I am not going to hold my breath.

w00t, drew (neitzel lol) Michigan St. in the losers pool.

I'd like to thank you again for this pool OP, I had decided to give up the rest of the tournament after my actual school lost. fucking Illinois blew a 10 point lead with less than 4 minutes left and Virginia Tech scored the last 12 points of the game to win by 2.

Needless to say, I am still pissed off and bitter. Atleast I get to cheer on a fellow B10 school b/c of you though :) It put me in a slightly better mood.

Well, it looks like freesn001 got banned. He has Florida in the losers bracket...I guess he's going to have to forfeit his spot. Here's what's going to happen. Should Butler lose to Florida today, the player who previously had Butler in the losers pool will take over control of Florida from freesn001. Should Butler win, and I really hope they do, everything will stay the same.

bread's done
Back