The Fund to Restore SpottedNigels Youth OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']

Hey Mak, what are those articles about?
I'm blocked at work.[/quote]

The joystiq article is about how two good deals were found at CAG .. the TRU b2g1 deal and something that I dont remember right now .. a gamefly or gamecrazy deal of some sort. And the kotaku article is about how since Major Nelson didnt go to Tokyo, cheapy invited two of the kotaku editors to join him at the sumo match.

Cheapy is a sly one.

I wonder if a sumo match would be fun? Seems like a lot of ceremony and such with just brief periods of action in between. It would be cool to check out at least once though I'm sure.

[quote name='dallow']I've been living off one meal a day for a week now.

I'm feeling woozy.
I need to buy groceries. Oh God......[/quote]

I hope it's not to lose weight...your metabolism will go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything.

No, just living alone for the first time.
Haven't adjusted.

I guess I have to cook.
But I need to buy a set of pans.
I want some stainless steel ones.

[quote name='dallow']No, just living alone for the first time.
Haven't adjusted.

I guess I have to cook.
I want some stainless steel ones.[/QUOTE]
They have to match your kitchen counter tops, right?

[quote name='dallow']No, just living alone for the first time.
Haven't adjusted.

I guess I have to cook.
I want some stainless steel ones.[/quote]

I recommend Calphalon. The set I have is called "Pot's and Pan's". I've gotten a set when I was married 8 years ago, and it still looks brand new.

It's this set, but updated since I got mine.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Sweet, the Gorillaz are releasing an album of "D Sides" from Demon Days with an extra disc of remixes.[/QUOTE]

More Gorillaz is always a good thing. When's this comin' out?

Are you new to newsgroups Zew? If you need any help feel free to get at me. I can't use torrents at all after getting 850kb/s on every single download on usenet.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']More Gorillaz is always a good thing. When's this comin' out?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, it just popped up as news on Pitchfork.

I love the set of anodized aluminum I got at Costco. $150 for the set and it came out either #1 or #2 in Consumer Reports. Not stainless though, of course.

[quote name='zewone']They have to match your kitchen counter tops, right?[/quote]Actually. Yes.

No joke.

Well, they have to match the stainless and chrome accessories I already have throughout the place.
The kitchen has stainless utensils and accessories as well.

NUMBER83, WUBB

Nice set 83, $400 is probably too much for me, though I know they're quality.
Wubb, thanks for the suggestion. I have my eye on a $150 stainless set from Bed Bath and B. But maybe yours are better quality. I'll look into it.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Are you new to newsgroups Zew? If you need any help feel free to get at me. I can't use torrents at all after getting 850kb/s on every single download on usenet.[/QUOTE]
I am new. This was the only way I would be able to get in on Halo in a timely fashion.

The torrent I had was 1 seeder and 2,000 leechers. I said fuck it, and decided to learn how to use newsgroups real quick.

The only question I really had, was this:

The guy is still uploading the rest of the files. I grabbed the first 34 that were completed, made them into a NZB. Is there anyway to let my usenet client know that I want the rest of the files associated with the download, or do I have to make another NZB for the rest of the RARs?

[quote name='wubb']I love the set of anodized aluminum I got at Costco. $150 for the set and it came out either #1 or #2 in Consumer Reports. Not stainless though, of course.[/quote]I've seen that before and was thinking about picking it up when my current stuff dies off. Good to know.

[quote name='dallow']
Nice set 83, $400 is probably too much for me, though I know they're quality.
Wubb, thanks for the suggestion. I have my eye on a $150 stainless set from Bed Bath and B. But maybe yours are better quality. I'll look into it.[/QUOTE]

I would bet the costco stuff is better quality, but then it's also an entirely different type of cookware. I was really happy when I saw how well it rated in CR. At the time I was using a mish mash of shitty pots and pans (mostly hand-me-downs from relatives and old roommates) and just went over and bought that set.

My preference is to use mostly nonstick stuff and have a nice stainless pan for searing meats when I want some good bits left behind.

Also get yourself some good knives. I have a few Henckel Pro S ones and they are sweet. I feel like you can save some money on cookware (anodized aluminum is anodized aluminum is anodized aluminum barring shoddy craftmanship) but you have to spend a bit to get nice knives.

[quote name='zewone']The guy is still uploading the rest of the files. I grabbed the first 34 that were completed, made them into a NZB. Is there anyway to let my usenet client know that I want the rest of the files associated with the download, or do I have to make another NZB for the rest of the RARs?[/QUOTE]As far as I know, because the newsgroup infrastructure is so old you have to manually throw it another NZB for every new file (or group of files) as they're being uploaded. It kinda sucks for grabbing stuff that's in the process of being uploaded that you need urgently but if it's already done it's really easy just to throw it an NZB of every single file in that post.

Alternatively, you don't have to mess with NZBs if you subscribe to the actual channels or newsgroup in your client. Like if you subscribe to a.b.g.x360(or whatever it's called) your client will download a list of every single file on there and you can search and update(refresh) the list from within your client(like if you were to download a server list in a game, only on a much larger scale). Since you have the list in the client you can tell it from there what files you want and update it in real time. I personally don't do that because I found it to be a little sluggish and unstable depending on the client and instead I pay a little more for newzbin or use binsearch for free.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the info.

It's not a big deal grabbing another NZB for the rest, it would only save me a couple of seconds.

My last Flaming Lips ticket finally sold. Now I just have to worry about it getting delivered by Saturday. Shouldn't be an issue since I'm paying for Priority and it's in-state but the USPS can be all over the place with delivery times.

Newegg says its shipping Halo 3 right now, and people who ordered it last night got it shipped today for overnight. Hrrmmm?

[quote name='TFN']Newegg says its shipping Halo 3 right now, and people who ordered it last night got it shipped today for overnight. Hrrmmm?[/QUOTE]
JEEZ!

Can't those losers wait 5 days?

COMEON!

:baby:

[quote name='darthbudge']I have to say it:
The Failue of this OTT is epic.
[/quote]
Are you qualified to make this judgement?

I'd say 9/10 otters would agree that you would be the authority on the failue [sic] of OTTs.

Yeah, ''failue'' indeed.

Shut the fuck up.

[quote name='zewone']JEEZ!

Can't those losers wait 5 days?

COMEON!

:baby:[/quote]

Yeah, :baby: cause I said I was ordering it, right? :roll:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Are you qualified to make this judgement?

I'd say 9/10 otters would agree that you would be the authority on the failue [sic] of OTTs.[/quote]

No I am not qualified at all but vendettas don't care.

Where in Texas do you live darthbudge?

Whoa whoa zew, what kind of gay nigga fights with red boxing gloves at a Blockbuster? Keep that shit in the ring, homo.

Troo niggaz always wear their red boxing gloves.

200px-Balrog.jpg

At the dock, the air force base, thailand, that place with all the elephants...

[quote name='darthbudge']Right on the halfway point between Austin and Bryan/College Station. Do you live in texas TFN?[/quote]

No, I don't.

Also, if anyone has any sort of like or intrest in DJ Krush, you have got to check out his 3 DVD boxset that just came out called A History of DJ Krush. I only got watch some of it last night but man, this is great fan shit. Some live shows, tour footage and the best of all, disc 3 is all of his music videos.

fucking. Awesome.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Also, if anyone has any sort of like or intrest in DJ Krush, you have got to check out his 3 DVD boxset that just came out called A History of DJ Krush. I only got watch some of it last night but man, this is great fan shit. Some live shows, tour footage and the best of all, disc 3 is all of his music videos.

fucking. Awesome.[/quote]

I was just skating to 'Zen' last night.

That sounds good though, do you have to order it?

TFN lives in the Mexico part of Texas.

Which is to say, Texas was annexed from Mexico originally.

So really we all live in Mexico, if you go by historical records.

But TFN lives in Mexico, it's just that it's the part that resides just within the Texas border on the southern end of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back