2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do, plenty of games look damn impressive on the One X. I already have Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 though and I am not playing them on my Xbox One now so they aren't convincing me to dive into the One X yet.

I am definitely going to get a One X, but I am waiting for a good trade-in deal and a possible bundle or price drop. If the One X were $400 for example, I'd be trading my OG Xbox One in today for $200 and leaving Gamestop with a One X.
I agree $500 is too much for it

You're good with those three I bolded. Definitely at the very least delete your profile from the console.
Yeah, I did that and just got back.

The console wasn't updated so I had to return home and update it. Their 'net is too slow to do in store.

Also, they insert a game to install, so it's a double-check in case you forget a game in the drive.

Last thing, the regular Xbox One X gets a PUBG code printed on the receipt. So it doesn't matter which version you get, you get both. Just depends whether you want to open the console for it or not...

They do, plenty of games look damn impressive on the One X. I already have Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 though and I am not playing them on my Xbox One now so they aren't convincing me to dive into the One X yet.

I am definitely going to get a One X, but I am waiting for a good trade-in deal and a possible bundle or price drop. If the One X were $400 for example, I'd be trading my OG Xbox One in today for $200 and leaving Gamestop with a One X.
When the price drops (this promo could mean a price drop isn't far off), this trade promo won't return. I have an XB1S now. I can get $250 now or hope the XB1S TiV doesn't drop after GS is flooded with used consoles from this deal when the XB1X hits $400. Even then, it would still be a worse deal for me than this current offer, which boosts my XB1S' TiV $130.

You have an OG trades in for $90 (500 GB) or $110 (1 TB). This deal raises the TiV to $200. You might end up $10 ahead if you can get an XB1X for $400 later and trade a 1 TB OG for $110. About a bundle, you DO get a free game with XB1 purchase at GameStop, from 8/10-8/18. Reddit claims employees have said the trade and free game stack. Some were told to come back with a receipt once the promo starts to get the free game from other trades on this promo. You also can get PUBG free with your XB1X purchase now, so you get TWO free games and a price comparable to what you're aiming, thanks to the trade boost.

If you already know you want an XB1X, I don't see why you wouldn't get in on this. The OG TiV might drop when the XB1X price drops. I haven't turned on my XB1S in 6+ months, but this is such a good deal that because I want to use an XB1X in the future, I'm probably going to buy in now, once I confirm the free game stacks tomorrow. I've got a friend doing the same--doesn't play his XB1X, but probably getting in on this because...well, when are we going to get anything better? I just don't see it happening. The best-case, IMO, is a comparable deal with a game you maybe like more.

Just got back from gamestop sold my white pro for   $250 cash . I'll take the $50  loss to not have to pay full retail for xb1x. Also at most,private party i would be looking at $300 and having to deal with dipshits from offerup and craigslist or fleabay

Anyone tried trading one of these systems towards the NBA2k19 X1X preorder?  And if it does work can I say trade my OG X1 towards the preorder and then trade my OG PS4 towards my preorder later?

No go on preordering X1X NBA2K19 system and getting bonus. I actually convinced myself to really keep the system too, not just a trade booster.

Any thoughts on trading in a launch X1 for a X1X? Please note I already own:
*Batman Limited Edition PS4
*PS4 Pro
*GoW4 X1S

Was thinking $200 doesn’t sound bad to get off of a 5+ year old system and future-proof (at least as much as one can) . Thanks in advance ladies/gents...

No go on preordering X1X NBA2K19 system and getting bonus. I actually convinced myself to really keep the system too, not just a trade booster.
If you were planning on keeping the Xbox 1 x then just wait until near the end of the promo (the 28th I believe) then trade towards a regular xb1x and keep it sealed then swap it out for the 2k edition when it releases, you would be in the 30 day return period and you're just swapping it for an equally priced item so nobody would be upset.

That sucks it didn't work though.

Just got back from gamestop sold my white pro for $250 cash . I'll take the $50 loss to not have to pay full retail for xb1x. Also at most,private party i would be looking at $300 and having to deal with dipshits from offerup and craigslist or fleabay
Why trade your PS4 pro? Besides the exclusives, is there any other reason to now own either a PS4 pro or Xbox one x knowing that the new consoles coming out in 2020?

Why trade your PS4 pro? Besides the exclusives, is there any other reason to now own either a PS4 pro or Xbox one x knowing that the new consoles coming out in 2020?
Nope pretty much done with gaming. Played gow, hzd, and all the good games. Since i beat them and my bread and butter is competitive gaming destiny 2 trash, cod ww 2 trash, black ops 4 trash,really no reason to own one. Putting cash towards new 4k tv.

Nope pretty much done with gaming. Played gow, hzd, and all the good games. Since i beat them and my bread and butter is competitive gaming destiny 2 trash, cod ww 2 trash, black ops 4 trash,really no reason to own one. Putting cash towards new 4k tv.
Heard to wait until next year for 4k tv due to a update hdmi?

Heard to wait until next year for 4k tv due to a update hdmi?
Every year there is something new and every year their is nothing to support the "new" tech lol. Just my 2 cents, two years from now 8k might be out. Then take another year to adopt a certified 8k which makes the the first 8k trash..Then another year to get the media for it etc etc. Live in the moment and get whats out. Im shooting towards new tcl 6 series 65". Last year i waited the whole year for the 55" to go on sale but it never did. So im not making the same mistake this year.

Traded in my S for a X (pubg), and got Madden!
The deal wouldn’t work on my ps4 so I kept it. And I also was trading in a PS3 that I thought was in good shape but it apparently can’t play disc, luckily I like in a city that gets the 50% instead of cash and was able to trade in the ps3 controller for almost as much as I would have got for the console!

Edit: my controller is kinda messed up do I need to contact Microsoft or GameStop?

Traded in xbox one s for X PUBG and madden. It was nice to have the free game to sweeten the deal, though I may try to trade in madden where ever TIV is the most. I didn't have time to check if any other games would give more value.

Mind if I ask why it didn't work on PS4? Can you not get the bonus on two consoles at the same time?
From what people have said on reddit, it's one console per tier so you could stack a Xbox One ($200) and a PS4 ($250), but not a Xbox One S and PS4 (both $250).

Ugh im on the fence....  Exclusives are less and less important and if you dont want to even play them who cares right.....  I just am tempted buy the XB1X...   Should I dump my Pro?

Ugh im on the fence.... Exclusives are less and less important and if you dont want to even play them who cares right..... I just am tempted buy the XB1X... Should I dump my Pro?
do-it-now.jpg

I heard ms store is matching gamestop plus $75 towards and x so for the og Xbox one 275. Call them and find out

I love my x

Any thoughts on trading in a launch X1 for a X1X? Please note I already own:
*Batman Limited Edition PS4
*PS4 Pro
*GoW4 X1S

Was thinking $200 doesn’t sound bad to get off of a 5+ year old system and future-proof (at least as much as one can) . Thanks in advance ladies/gents...
$200 is way more than you’ll ever get for a standard VCR now (the Forza/Halo ones MIGHT retain that value with all original packaging & controller.) The power bricks are failing & MS quit making them so the only ones available are Chinese knockoffs that disconnect if you breathe on them.

I would say get the X & once you play on one you might be looking to sell the Gears system, the difference is legit. Also if you do it this week at GameStop you get 2 free games (PUBG Code plus any $60 or less new XB1 disc game.)

If anyone is interested in the 25% off iPad deal at GameStop, I picked up a 32GB Gen 6 iPad (with A10) for $187 and its been great. Refurbished but seems brand new. No issues so far.

They actually were charging $194, $7 more for the 32GB Gen 5 which was really weird since it has no pen support and A9. For roughly $200 with tax it was a solid deal for a tablet.

Glad I went through the 4 for $20 games I grabbed, as the GS I got Redout(X1) at put a Recore disc in a Redout case. Was able to swap it out for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge(PS3) instead.

Also noticed while I was there, but wtf is going on with 360 game prices there? I noticed the 360 versions of NG3: RE and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 went up $5 in the past week among a few others. Just weird to see considering neither were announced as BC on X1.

Edit: my controller is kinda messed up do I need to contact Microsoft or GameStop?
Unless you bought a extended warranty, you're going to have to contact MS about the controller. But what exactly is it doing? If it's a sync problem, usually power cycling the console will fix that.

Unless you bought a extended warranty, you're going to have to contact MS about the controller. But what exactly is it doing? If it's a sync problem, usually power cycling the console will fix that.
There was a problem with the way the controller was built. One of the plastic pieces next to that line that goes down from the right trigger wasn’t put in right so there was a little lip that kinda cut into your finger when holding it.

I called GS and they said they would give me a replacement, they gave me a used one unfortunately but it looks like is in good shape and it will mainly be a backup so it’s not that big of a deal I guess.

If I was to buy a GC with TC and then trade into something like a Cardpool vending machine kiosk which gift card would maintain most of its value?

Read the last few pages but everything seemed third hand from Reddit. Has anyone here successfully traded in a PS4 and launch X1 towards the X? The GameStop I called said the bonus would only apply to one console and the terms on GameStop's website say the promotions can't be combined. $450 trade is a no-brainer, but outside of Reddit doesn't seem realistic.

Should I call the other GameStops in the area?

Read the last few pages but everything seemed third hand from Reddit. Has anyone here successfully traded in a PS4 and launch X1 towards the X? The GameStop I called said the bonus would only apply to one console and the terms on GameStop's website say the promotions can't be combined. $450 trade is a no-brainer, but outside of Reddit doesn't seem realistic.

I'm interested to know this as well.

Do used game coupons work on clearance games? I cannot remember if the system considers clearance to be used
No, clearance is considered new and would need the 'any item' certs

as long as each console you're trading has a different trade-in value. you said $450 so one must be $200 and the other $250, you're good. if they say you can't it's just because they're refusing to try. their system will let it happen.

WAs interested in the 4 for $20 deal and needed some community feedback on Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku for the PS4...  is it good enough for $10

PS4 has slim pickins..

Finally pulled the trigger and traded in some games I had laying around from various clearance sales and got just under $50 in trade credit thanks to the extra 50% (thanks, California!). Kinda funny how I traded in a “used” copy of :pS3: NCAA Football ‘14 for only $22.50 ($15 base w/o the promo) and they’re turning around and selling it for $40. [emoji19][emoji58][emoji849]

Finally pulled the trigger and traded in some games I had laying around from various clearance sales and got just under $50 in trade credit thanks to the extra 50% (thanks, California!). Kinda funny how I traded in a “used” copy of :pS3: NCAA Football ‘14 for only $22.50 ($15 base w/o the promo) and they’re turning around and selling it for $40. [emoji19][emoji58][emoji849]
Yeah that's usually how companies make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back