2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question is though did you pay $2 for the game your trading in though???? Exactly
Any game with a base of $7 or lower makes this a great deal, better than a 70% bonus promo. And like it was said earlier, you have to know what games to trade in. I boomeranged a lot of the 4/$16 games I picked up over the past couple weeks.

Any game with a base of $7 or lower makes this a great deal, better than a 70% bonus promo. And like it was said earlier, you have to know what games to trade in. I boomeranged a lot of the 4/$16 games I picked up over the past couple weeks.
So $5 for each preorder?
How do u then stack into one preorder

Is it really possible to do a return/rebuy and use my trade in credit/gift cards?
I say this because I couldn’t use it when checking out since I had to be lighting quick or lose the PS4 pro
Hopefully I can just take the receipt in and do it

Just sold my God of War Pro, pretty dusty (remodeling house/old house plus cats/kids). I used electronics wipes not a scratch or hint of dust on it when I shipped it. Plus it was laying flat and pretty sure a cat or two slept on it. Same thing with my Star wars PS4 and like 3 xbox systems. My house is really bad, like Money Pit bad.
You got raccoons in the dumbwaiter and your bathtub fell through the floor? 😂

So I was just able to return the Xbox One X successfully with no issues. Originally traded in my PS4 for it to get $250 in credit and paid $291 on my card. Just had the $291 returned to the AMEX and got back $250 on a Gift Card. I simply just told the guy I wanted to return it and asked how would that go since I traded in for the promo and he said we would just give you the trade credit on a GC.

You got raccoons in the dumbwaiter and your bathtub fell through the floor?
Almost, when we moved the past owner didn't drain the pipes so they exploded under a cast iron tub. We had water coming down the ceiling. Another room had a gutter broken aiming the water against the siding and right into our living room. Right now we are replacing the roof on the back shed/attachment cause it caved in from the snow last winter (some idiot thought it would be ok to have 6 layers of shingles). Only good part is it's paid off next may.

So I bought a couple of retro games last week and notice they're doing a B2G1 today. My original idea was to repurchase as B2G1 and then return the first order but it's saying I'm over my purchase limit.

Anyone know if I can take the receipt for the order I already placed in store and have them make an adjustment to make the third game free? I'd call CS, but they're almost always useless when I talk to them.

Edit: Figured out a "loophole" I guess. I placed the order as a guest while using my PUR rewards number and shipping it to my work with an alternate email. 

So I bought a couple of retro games last week and notice they're doing a B2G1 today. My original idea was to repurchase as B2G1 and then return the first order but it's saying I'm over my purchase limit.

Anyone know if I can take the receipt for the order I already placed in store and have them make an adjustment to make the third game free? I'd call CS, but they're almost always useless when I talk to them.
If the retro flash sale is online only, which I suspect it is, the items won't ring up as B2G1 in store. If the promo isn't in the system, they would have to manually price down one of the items to free which is pretty unlikely unless you gut a really chill clerk, because would mean a hit to their store. Otherwise you can normally return and re-buy online orders in store just fine. I've done it for the 4for20 in store only sales.

I read somewhere that pur certificates can now be used to purchase xbox, psn, nintendo, and steam currency? Can anybody confirm or is this just wishful thinking?
Anyone had any experience with this? I know it says so on the latest issue of Gameinformer but it is Gamestop we are talking about here...

Trying to cash out some rewards points for some XBL credit but just wanted to make sure it does work, thanks to anyone that can answer.

Anyone have confirmation of these games getting the bump?

Watch Dogs xb1
Star wars Battlefront xb1
The Division xb1
Killzone Shadow Fall
Homefront the Revolution xb1
Elder Scrolls Online xb1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone have confirmation of these games getting the bump?

Watch Dogs xb1
Star wars Battlefront xb1
The Division xb1
Killzone Shadow Fall
Homefront the Revolution xb1
Elder Scrolls Online xb1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What bump?

If it’s the $5 bonus, then those games would require a minimum $2 trade value

Killzone Won’t qualify as it is $1.50

So my local gamestop has a God of War ps4 pro console pre-owned instock hmm. If I had the trade credit I would've picked it up, but I already used all my trade in credit on the 500m ps4 pro.

So my local gamestop has a God of War ps4 pro console pre-owned instock hmm. If I had the trade credit I would've picked it up, but I already used all my trade in credit on the 500m ps4 pro.
One of these consoles is hideous, and the other one is amazing. (you came out ahead here)

MAn it seems GS has tanked a lot of their trade values. NSW 1st party $25 and  :ps4: / :xb1:  controller 18 base is a  :rofl: Yikes

^^ Mid 20s if I remember. But since they've put their used controllers on rollback they tanked the values in turn obv. I'm assuming they have lots from the cash same as credit promo and are trying to plow thru inventory. A lot of values across the board have dropped some (ex Wii U -$5 to only $50)

I have a bunch of credit to burn but nothing I need. It's a weird feeling.

So I know you aren't supposed to do 3 of an item in a transaction. I've been trading in wiimotes left and right because I keep finding them for nothing at yardsales. How long should I wait after trading in a few of them at a time?

I have a bunch of credit to burn but nothing I need. It's a weird feeling.

So I know you aren't supposed to do 3 of an item in a transaction. I've been trading in wiimotes left and right because I keep finding them for nothing at yardsales. How long should I wait after trading in a few of them at a time?
It's 4 of the same item in a rolling 30 day period.

Is the gamestop website down for your guys right now? I tried clearing cache and keeps giving the Oops Game over page

Is the gamestop website down for your guys right now? I tried clearing cache and keeps giving the Oops Game over page
It crashes regularly, it's like the website team is a really one-man band.

GameStop site crashes if more than five people try to use it at once
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's a ploy to get customers to go to one of their stores. They can't upsell you on preorders that you don't want and game warranties that you don't need if you shop on the website.
No joke, either that or try to get you to call the store about stuff. Speaking of pre-orders, I'll be headed to my home store and moving some of them around. I currently have 23 active pre-orders with 9 of them paid in full. Only reason I have so many is because of the extra $5 promo ending today.

Question, if I trade in my PS4 Pro and Xbox One S for Xbox One X can I return it back for store credit? I think I prefer the Xbox One X Battlefield V Gold Rush Edition. I would be without a current gen in my game room until I get my Limited Edition Spiderman PS4 Pro but I do have my Uncharted 4 Limited Edition PS4 in the living room so I should be good for about  10days waiting.

You would probably be lucky to get $200 for one. A slim might get you $250.
I guess trade in it is. Do I’d just have to research how to back up all my stuff I already transferred all my games from my 2TB to my external. Gotta put my 500gb back in my PS4 without accidentally putting my backed up stuff into the 500gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back