2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have the spider-man ps4 pro pre-ordered online is there anyway I can get the bonus $25 for trading a system in for it?
Yes. Don't see why you wouldn't. The real question is if this is the best trade in values before the console releases.

Yes. Don't see why you wouldn't. The real question is if this is the best trade in values before the console releases.
That's what I'm wondering. God of War saw a boost for console trade-ins towards it, but I cant remember whether it was a week or two weeks before release...

That's what I'm wondering. God of War saw a boost for console trade-ins towards it, but I cant remember whether it was a week or two weeks before release...
I believe the boost was thru the week of its release. Because people were trying to wait till Saturday to trade in their ps4s for the gow one because there was a double point promotion as well starting Saturday...gamestop then moved the double points up to start on Friday

Having a hard time pulling the trigger on the Spider-Man Pro. It wouldn’t cost much to upgrade from my standard Pro, and I want the game, but that color scheme could be pretty harsh.
I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the 500 million ps4, but I had the spiderman version pre-ordered. My wife said "you can get whatever you want, but that red is absolutely obnoxious". That basically made up my mind lol. I think it looks cool but I think over time it will become an eye sore, unless you just happen to have a a lot of bright colored furniture.

Question about pre-orders. When I don't pick up a game I have pre-ordered within 48 hours of release does it eventually drop off from my pre-orders page? I had God of War pre-ordered during the extra credit bonus for it. It's still listed in the pre-orders section of my game library on the GS site showing as "not picked up."

Just seems odd that it would still be there months later instead of being canceled out. Just curious is all.
In my experience, pre-orders that are not picked up or cancelled stay there forever until someone does something about it.

I have a Disney Infinity figure stuck on my pre-order page from 2015 that I picked up but never got recorded in the database, as well as games from 2017 that may or may not have been used for a bonus that far exceeded the $5 deposit.

I believe the boost was thru the week of its release. Because people were trying to wait till Saturday to trade in their ps4s for the gow one because there was a double point promotion as well starting Saturday...gamestop then moved the double points up to start on Friday
This is correct - I traded in my PS4 Pro towards the God of War Pro a couple of days after it released, due to someone not picking up their pre-order. I don't think the trade-in promo was announced more than a day or two in advance.

If I redeem rewards for a $10 off preowned certificate, can I use it in the 3/$25 preowned sale, making it 3/$15? Never used one of these before.

Was the GOW promo only for trading in a PS4 or PS4 Pro towards the GOW Pro or did it apply to other consoles as well? I'm planning on trading in my OG Xbox One towards the Spidey PS4 Pro. If the promo was only for upgrading, I'll take the extra $25 currently being offered and do the trade prior to console pickup day in the hopes that the process takes less time.

If I redeem rewards for a $10 off preowned certificate, can I use it in the 3/$25 preowned sale, making it 3/$15? Never used one of these before.
Negatory good buddy, that would apply to a single game in the bunch but not affect the final total.

Was the GOW promo only for trading in a PS4 or PS4 Pro towards the GOW Pro or did it apply to other consoles as well? I'm planning on trading in my OG Xbox One towards the Spidey PS4 Pro. If the promo was only for upgrading, I'll take the extra $25 currently being offered and do the trade prior to console pickup day in the hopes that the process takes less time.
If I remember correctly, the boost was applied to ps4, switch, and xbox one (enhanced models included).

In my experience, pre-orders that are not picked up or cancelled stay there forever until someone does something about it.

I have a Disney Infinity figure stuck on my pre-order page from 2015 that I picked up but never got recorded in the database, as well as games from 2017 that may or may not have been used for a bonus that far exceeded the $5 deposit.
I'll keep that in mind when I call or visit the respective stores about the pre-orders. Thanks for the info. One would think that if the pre-orders aren't picked up within 48 hours they would automatically be canceled. It is Gamestop we're dealing with, so...

Edit: made changes to my post/reply.

Question: the 25% bonus for trading an Xbox One/ps4/Switch controller - does the bonus only apply to the controller or does it apply to the whole trade in (I.e. With games)? Tia!

Question: the 25% bonus for trading an Xbox One/ps4/Switch controller - does the bonus only apply to the controller or does it apply to the whole trade in (I.e. With games)? Tia!
Does the bonus apply to switch controllers as well? I have my old joy-cons that I don't really need anymore after buying a different color pair, but I thought the deal was only for xbox or dualshock 4.

If the Spider-Man PS4 Pro is available for preorder on the website I am assuming it’s possible to set up a preorder in store. Right?
I was told no at my local store today. Consoles are already shipping to the stores, so the only way now is to order online or try to get one on release day in store. Shows sold out online again.

Also didn't realize the tiv for Need For Speed Most Wanted (the first version in like 06) was $15 base. Picked it up on VarageSale cause i've been looking for it for a while. Good pickup it seems

Nice would it be eligible if I paid with gift cards/trade credit?
It does not look like it does. You could use GC as part of the purchase but you still have to spend $55 on card. So for $75 order you could pay $20 in GC and $55 with card and still qualify.

Anyone know when the 3 for $25 ends? Its usually on the bottom of the ads in store but I didn't see it on their. Just had the 8/27 start date and some code after that

Got Fallout 4, Project Cars, and Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Seriously, got me holding on to a bunch of Pokemon DS games cause I don't want to trade em in and find out there's a bonus starting sometime this weekend or Labor Day.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have any sale or even mention of Labor day in their marketing.

Seriously, got me holding on to a bunch of Pokemon DS games cause I don't want to trade em in and find out there's a bonus starting sometime this weekend or Labor Day.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have any sale or even mention of Labor day in their marketing.
Yep, it's strange alright. Not even an email or GS app message for a Labor Day Sale.

Is the wired PS4 Headset that trades in for $5.50 the one that comes with the system? I traded a few in before for like $1.70 but I checked now and the picture doesn't look the same.

Does the extra $25 promo towards a new console stack with the $50 code people are getting when they bought the 500 Million LE PS4? Thinking of trading my OG PS4 towards a switch.

Does the extra $25 promo towards a new console stack with the $50 code people are getting when they bought the 500 Million LE PS4? Thinking of trading my OG PS4 towards a switch.
Solid question!

The $50 code stacked w/ trading a console towards an Xbox One X, so a PS4 Pro traded in for $350 ($300 w/o code, $350 w/ code).

I’m hoping it works this Friday when I trade in a launch PS4 Pro for $300 at least ($250 w/o code, $300 w/ code) towards the Spider-Man console and another $25 to make it $325 would be solid.

Solid question!

The $50 code stacked w/ trading a console towards an Xbox One X, so a PS4 Pro traded in for $350 ($300 w/o code, $350 w/ code).

I’m hoping it works this Friday when I trade in a launch PS4 Pro for $300 at least ($250 w/o code, $300 w/ code) towards the Spider-Man console and another $25 to make it $325 would be solid.
are you planning on keeping your profile on the ps4 and hoping they correctly reset everything? i think others on here have said that for xboxes you have to but ive never heard that for ps4. if its possible to just have the user1 on the console so they can check a game id much rather do that.

are you planning on keeping your profile on the ps4 and hoping they correctly reset everything? i think others on here have said that for xboxes you have to but ive never heard that for ps4. if its possible to just have the user1 on the console so they can check a game id much rather do that.
Whenever I trade in a PS4, I update it to the latest firmware, move everything to an external hard drive, deactivate the console from my PSN, and then reset everything just to be safe. From there, it’s just a few steps for GameStop to test a game out.

Anybody figure out if the $50 coupon is a generic code?
Yes. CAG member bluweltall commented on this in another thread. Here you go ....

It's EBC3059308 and there is no 50% extra code. Gamestop made an error by sending out the code for 50% when it should have been just $50 credit. Coupon is valid 8/27/18 - 9/16/18. I will not be answering any more questions since this is not my thread.

Ugh I really hope I can find a Spidey PS4 in-store now. I can't justify trading my Pro for cash now, nor can I afford the full cost out of pocket and just sit on the credit.

Still want to trade my 1 TB XB1 S in towards the Spidey Pro...fingers crossed that some kind of deal is revealed Wednesday that will let me get $200 to $250 for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back