2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been playing many games recently, I was just wondering if it is still possible to use GS trade-in credit to buy an Amazon gift card. I wanna trade my X1 and some games and get a PS4 near Black Friday.
Nope. May as well just get the PS4 from GS (if last year is any indication, you may make out pretty well just going that route).

I haven't been on this site in years, why do you say that about GS? I'm particularly interested in Amazon because Discover has 5% cashback right now.
IIRC they had the slim for $199 w/ a $50 gift card. Don't remember how much the Pro was, but nevertheless prices were pretty good for everything (the same price as Walmart, Best buy, etc. for games).

Worked for me today. Got $29 total with the switch bonus and elite pro.
Is that ringing up automatically with the GCU discount in store? Last couple times I have gone to BB, the price online and in store is different (for Splatoon and Mario kart, when they were $45 pre-GCU, and for whatever reason it was ringing up at $60 for each game). They pretty much told me to pound sand and go order it online if I wanted those games with the GCU discount.

I’d be happy if we could just get any % bonus towards video games, other than prestige and pro Day there hasn’t been any extra % on games since mid August I think

Beware on the XB1X trade bump, only the bundle with State of Decay 2 gets the bump, & many stores don’t have it in stock yet.

I was shopping last night & the workers were trying to get someone to get the X instead of trading a 500 GB Slim, extra controller, 2 TB external, & N2DSXL for a 1 TB Slim. When the promo wouldn’t work they started looking on their phones for the fine print on the promo.

Beware on the XB1X trade bump, only the bundle with State of Decay 2 gets the bump, & many stores don’t have it in stock yet.

I was shopping last night & the workers were trying to get someone to get the X instead of trading a 500 GB Slim, extra controller, 2 TB external, & N2DSXL for a 1 TB Slim. When the promo wouldn’t work they started looking on their phones for the fine print on the promo.
That’s disappointing to hear. I was thinking about grabbing that Fallout 76 X. Has anyone had luck wth overrides with something like this in the past?

Anyone know if b2g1 last gen works in store? Yesterday one person said it didn’t, and one person said signage was up. Would like to save tax if I can.

That’s disappointing to hear. I was thinking about grabbing that Fallout 76 X. Has anyone had luck wth overrides with something like this in the past?
I actually had luck with this yesterday. The manager at my GameStop managed to give me $250 for my S and placed it on the pre-order I already had on my Fallout 76 X. It's very YMMV and I'm assuming he let it happen because I'm cool with him and trade lots of stuff with them.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection went fully backwards compatible today so values might spike. Went on my lunch break and picked up a complete copy for 17.99

Reading the GS Reddit today those employees didn’t know the promotion; only the vanilla XB1X gets the trade bump. A code for SoD 2 then prints on the receipt.

can anyone please explain to me how to calculate the value of the trade in for xbox one original console? I'm an elite member, so should I add a certain percentage as a bonus to the current $200 promo toward xbox 1x? 

can anyone please explain to me how to calculate the value of the trade in for xbox one original console? I'm an elite member, so should I add a certain percentage as a bonus to the current $200 promo toward xbox 1x?

It’s just $200 nothing more

Thank you for the clarification. If I just trade it the console, will I also get nothing more than the base value. I thought elite would give me 20% bonus on whatever value they post. :bomb:
No pro or elite pro bonus on systems. Works on electronics oddly enough however 🤔

Thank you for the clarification. If I just trade it the console, will I also get nothing more than the base value. I thought elite would give me 20% bonus on whatever value they post. :bomb:
$90 for trade in

$200 towards an x...you gotta buy an x in the same transaction to get the $200 credit

Found a store online that had 999, chrono trigger ds and twewy and sent hold requests for the b2g1.

An hour later, all three hold requests can’t be fulfilled. So the employees must have grabbed the games for themselves realizing they had rare DS games in store. Don’t mean to sound paranoid but its really, really weird that all three (during a b2g1 free promo) would go unfulfilled

Found a store online that had 999, chrono trigger ds and twewy and sent hold requests for the b2g1.

An hour later, all three hold requests can’t be fulfilled. So the employees must have grabbed the games for themselves realizing they had rare DS games in store. Don’t mean to sound paranoid but its really, really weird that all three (during a b2g1 free promo) would go unfulfilled
It also can be that someone lost them lol. I've always had cart games go missing when I try to get them. Happens with Vita, 3ds, and ds games for me lol.

If the requests were marked unfulfilled exactly 1 hour after you placed them, it's possible that was the automatic email sent out if holds aren't fulfilled quickly enough. It's also possible that that store's employees keeps all the DS games unsorted or in a box somewhere and either couldn't find time or didn't feel like digging for those three particular games. In other words, the games might still be there and just weren't pulled in time.

I bought 2 Ds games and got one free today, could I return/rebuy them at another store for a different third (free) game, of course taking into consideration price

DisGonnaBeGood! Got a pic?
Iq98H54.png

Just out of curiosity. What is everyones best guess for the Xbox one S price during Black Friday? Mine is acting strange all of a sudden so I'm trying to exercise patience.

If the requests were marked unfulfilled exactly 1 hour after you placed them, it's possible that was the automatic email sent out if holds aren't fulfilled quickly enough. It's also possible that that store's employees keeps all the DS games unsorted or in a box somewhere and either couldn't find time or didn't feel like digging for those three particular games. In other words, the games might still be there and just weren't pulled in time.
Yep. Stuff like this has occurred multiple times to me. Store apparently has one employee on duty who can’t get away to check, I get a cancel email, and walk in to find it sitting on the shelf yet. One odd exception was a 99 cent Wartech 360 that I literally verified was at a certain store several times during a week before I finally could make a trip. It sold 5 minutes before I stepped in the store. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back