2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So has anyone else noticed Gamestop seems to drop prices on certain videogames on Sunday? Like DeadRising 4 (PS4) was $30 this past week. Now on Sunday I saw it was $19.99 and the used price drop as well, I noticed last week was Bioshock.

So has anyone else noticed Gamestop seems to drop prices on certain videogames on Sunday? Like DeadRising 4 (PS4) was $30 this past week. Now on Sunday I saw it was $19.99 and the used price drop as well, I noticed last week was Bioshock.
Dead Rising 4 was an MSRP price drop at other places including Best Buy, and Bioshock was just a weekly sale at Gamestop.

I've only noticed them on Wednesdays

Wow nobody wants this game. A play-through of the campaign has to be worth $4, right?

Has anyone had luck getting cases at GS with their Nintendo DS games? Seems like a lost cause, but I figure I’d ask.
In my experiences I would say you would have to be extremely lucky to get a DS game CIB. I’ve ordered quite a bit and have yet to get one CIB. But doesn’t mean it won’t happen as I’ve seen more GS have CIB DS games on display more so just hope for the best.

When I worked for GS, I was instructed by my SM to toss DS boxes. Not sure if that was corporate policy, but that's what our district did. I did try to keep desirable titles as CIB when I could.

Did GS convert new to used for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby? They’re both part of the preowned sale, but no stores have them New now, even though stores showed new copies a few days ago.

Well Amazon just emailed me that my PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle wont arrive on release date.

Looks like I have to go to my local gamestop to pre-order.

Went into GameStop tonight to buy a used Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for PS4, saw that it requires 70 gb of space, and promptly turned for the door. $4.99 is still a good price though.

Went into GameStop tonight to buy a used Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for PS4, saw that it requires 70 gb of space, and promptly turned for the door. $4.99 is still a good price though.
The price is damn good but the game fuhgedaboutit.The MP I just could not get into or it was hard for me to get kills idk why but it was.

Hell yeah, I walked into Gamestop and went to get Crysis 3, they gave me what looked like they pulled it out of the shrink wrap Day 1 Edition with a working code. Hell it still smells like a new game! I swear this thing looked in better condition that some of my Xbox One games

I really feel like the title of this thread should be changed to "The Disappointment Thread"...

and thats just wrong
Thats what my store did, saw this done on a weekly basis, but you do you I guess. As long as we had more than one copy remaining of a new game it was able to be checked out, and when it was brought back it was still sold as new.

i vote to remove all use of the term "stealth bump" and replace it with "widely known slight increase in some values" not as catchy but far more accurate. Im hoping for a widely known slight increase in some values this weekend, as my elite runs out on the 26th.

I just wanted to give an update on my ban. It most definitely wasn’t due to them combining my accounts.

My main is still banned.
Both of my alternates are not as I traded on both of them today.

I just wanted to give an update on my ban. It most definitely wasn’t due to them combining my accounts.

My main is still banned.
Both of my alternates are not as I traded on both of them today.
It is pretty clear that you were banned for either coupon abuse or for trading in multiple high $ consoles in a single day.

I'm just saying that it's more likely that there was a system-level auto-flag for 5x $50 bonus coupons or trading in 5 consoles on the same account in one day, than it is that they somehow linked their alt accounts.

I would not be surprised if there is a daily console trade limit in addition to the 30 day 4 sku limit.

I've traded 3 xbones in one day before but there could be something new. I mean if you go over 4 of any sku you're screwed so it could be that too. I'll report back if we get a monthly slight increase in trade value lol

Fellow CAGers, I have an important question concerning the 4 For $10

So let's say that I don't have any options for my 4th game of the deal, but I see a game that with the elite pro discount is 7.99 (which I know that is not part of the deal)

Could it be possible that with the 4th game I can use a $5 Pre Owned Reward Certificate, so it can be in the price range that it needs to be to do the 4 for $10?

Thank for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back