2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The facts are, those at the top of Microsoft want the next Xbox to not have a disc drive and be download only, but customer backlash and competition from Sony will likely force them to put out both versions at launch. I personally would be shocked if the price difference wasn't more than $100. It's most likely going to be $150 to $200 more for a console with a disc drive. Especially if they're the only new console launching 4th quarter 2020 and Sony isn't doing anything until 2021. They'll be priced at price points to strongly encourage people to buy the console without a disc drive. Obviously there is speculation on my part but we've since enough from Microsoft to know that their see games like computer software, not something that someone should be able to red box, or borrow from a friend, or sell for 80% of their money back on facebook marketplace after they've played through a game.
The fact is, there are no facts in anything you just posted.

You have an opinion. Quit preaching it like it's gospel.

Tetris Effect for $19.99 is a pretty good deal.  Cheapest price yet for that.

Mega Man 11 for $19.99 is also decent.

can we get the goddamn unprompted speculation and peanut-gallery game industry opinions out of the deals thread please? maybe now that its been 6+ pages?

Playstation 4 60GB consoles were $599.99 at launch back in 2006. With adjustment for inflation that's probably going to be about $800 in 2020.
And I bought one on release. Hell, I bought a 3DO back in the day on release and it was $700 which is like at least $1000 today. But the difference is that after a week I returned that shit system and got my money back. fuck Trip Hawkins and his "game console".

i’m going to assume 4k30fps will be the standard next gen, but i’d pay more for a 4k60fps premium ps5 console at launch if given the choice.

for xbox, a gaming pc might be a better choice going forward

Microsoft's biggest problem with the next Xbox won't be pricing, or whether it has a disc drive or not. It will be with quality exclusives - something the Xbox One has been lacking tremendously. After about year 2, the system has had very little going for it.

Microsoft's biggest problem with the next Xbox won't be pricing, or whether it has a disc drive or not. It will be with quality exclusives - something the Xbox One has been lacking tremendously. After about year 2, the system has had very little going for it.
This is why I no longer own an Xbox.

My Elite Pro recently expired so I re-upped with Pro.  Is there no more free shipping for orders above $xx on Gamestop.com?  I'm trying to order Tetris Effect and no matter the combination of games in cart, it's not giving me the option for free shipping.

So after a flawless BF from GS, I'm growing concerned a pre-order that "shipped" last week hasn't been received by the post office yet, or at least according to the tracking is the case. Is this normal? They have less than two weeks to get it here for Christmas which shouldn't be an issue but I like to keep on top of things since nobody can be trusted to do their job these days.

Agreed, but this is probably why they bought half a dozen or so studios in the last year.

I don't think it coincidental that given the usual turnaround time on game development that the fruit of these studios labor would hit just in time for a new console.

I forget the article yesterday, but it was comparing top selling games of all time and breaking down by console with Xbox being literally all COD and Halo games with maybe a few sports games in there IIRC (oh and Kinect Sports because it was given away). I used to joke about that shit, but turns out there's factual truth to it. Sony and Nintendo by comparison were mostly FP titles like Uncharted and Mario games.

So after a flawless BF from GS, I'm growing concerned a pre-order that "shipped" last week hasn't been received by the post office yet, or at least according to the tracking is the case. Is this normal? They have less than two weeks to get it here for Christmas which shouldn't be an issue but I like to keep on top of things since nobody can be trusted to do their job these days.
I think this has been happening across a lot of retailers - probably because of all the holiday packages being sent. A few of my Best Buy shipments have taken over a week when they normally take two days. Two of my LRG orders shipped the same day, one was delivered Monday, one has had no movement on it since Saturday. Plus my Gamestop preorder for Katamari Damacy Reroll supposedly shipped last week but its still not here yet. Don't even get my started on Ubisoft, who still haven't shipped my November 18th order but when I inquired about it last week was told it was in the process of shipping out. Right.

I ordered a switch from daily steals, the tracking # was created but it never appeared as actually being picked up by any carrier. It unexpectedly showed up at my place. It was a pleasant surprise, although it does suck not being able to track it and plan for it.

Sign up for text alert and you will most likely get a text the day of the delivery.
Weird how it happens, as the main point of tracking # is a the name implies.

I ordered a switch from daily steals, the tracking # was created but it never appeared as actually being picked up by any carrier. It unexpectedly showed up at my place. It was a pleasant surprise, although it does suck not being able to track it and plan for it.

Sign up for text alert and you will most likely get a text the day of the delivery.
Weird how it happens, as the main point of tracking # is a the name implies.
i bet daily steals had to make a new label for your package and didn't let you know. the tracking number on your package probably doesn't match what they told you.

Its obvious that digital media is the future, and its already begun slowly killing Gamestop. They've got less than 4 years left before filing bankruptcy or selling out to a private money buyer, unless there are major changes at the top and they get some really smart people up there.

Next year, Microsoft is coming out with a disc less Xbox One, and when their next console comes out Q4 2020 there will likely be two options, one without a disc drive at a reasonable $500(give or take) price and one with a disc drive for $200 more because they're really going to want to try and push players into downloading their games.

Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of people who like owning disc based games, and Gamestop still sells a lot of new games. Its the people who don't want to walk into a gamestop now, who previously would just to get some value out of games they're done with. Gamestop won't die because they're missing out on selling the first new copy of a game, its missing out on reselling that game multiple times that has begun to kill them.

I own three game stores in Michigan and I've seen the decline in game sales and I've been lucky enough to be ahead of the decline by switching enough of my store over to board games, electronics, card games, disc golf, and whatever else my customers want to buy. I used to order 400 copies of a new call of duty game for about $20,000 and sell out on release weekend or shortly after, and now the big new release games are usually Nintendo products like Pokemon or Smash and we're ordering in the dozens not hundreds. The drop off has been huge and will just get bigger over the next 5 years.
The market has proven it WILL NOT pay more than $400 for a new console on release. XB1X has done OK, but not enough sales to start a gen at that price.

I had a BF order like that, turned out that it was shipped UPS Surepost and the tracking number was tied to USPS, so it didn't update until the package was handed over to them despite it having been shipped and on the way to me. Try searching the tracking number with UPS or Fedex and see if you get anything.

$200 for the Astro Bot/Moss PSVR bundle is really tempting
I bought this bundle during BF week and I wish I had gone with one of the $249 bundle with move controllers. Astrobot is amazing and am happy I picked it up but I was disappointed that most of the games on the demo disc needed the move controllers.

I have heard good things about Beat Saber so I would grab that bundle and astrobot for $19.99 if I could do it again and had the money to do so.

I got free shipping from gamestop like 4 days ago with that , not sure how they determine an order qualifies or not for their No Hurry option

i bet daily steals had to make a new label for your package and didn't let you know. the tracking number on your package probably doesn't match what they told you.
Actually, that was not the case. I matched the box and the tracking # that daily steals provided was the same. Once it was scanned at my front door, the tracking registered it as being delivered, but no other history was provided.

Some good prices in this sale. Ordered:

:ps4: Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash - $20

:3ds: Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - $20

Free value shipping.

I've been wanting Trio of Towns for a long time. BB sold out some time ago, so $20 is about as good as it will get new. Peach Beach Splash with the physical extras and dlc for $20 is a good price (I know, not the best game, but looks like some fun).

And I bought one on release. Hell, I bought a 3DO back in the day on release and it was $700 which is like at least $1000 today. But the difference is that after a week I returned that shit system and got my money back. fuck Trip Hawkins and his "game console".
Lol I also got one. Big purchase for my and my brother who were still in high school. We kept it though, I loved that system! Star Control 2 was awesome on it.

Still have that system too. Works great still and I have a bunch of games for it.

Is this VR sale only for pro members or what? Someone says the sale starts 12/16.. im lost with GS now
It's PlayStation's discount, so GameStop is offering it during PlayStation's prescribed discount period. They just got ahead and advertised it early, probably because their cycle is Wednesday through Tuesday.

Yay! After 3 weeks, I finally got my Black Friday order (God of War) today via Gamestop. Still waiting on one last game -- Resident Evil. Maybe next week?!

Added $50 of games to the cart, despite the big free shipping over $35 advertisement, and it wants $6 shipping.
Weird. I just ordered $40 in games and got free shipping. For reference, I don't have any special GS memberships beyond the free version of pur.

You could probably call support afterwards and get shipping refunded, referencing their free over $35 promotion.

Weird. I just ordered $40 in games and got free shipping. For reference, I don't have any special GS memberships beyond the free version of pur.

You could probably call support afterwards and get shipping refunded, referencing their free over $35 promotion.
He can call support, but he'll probably have to wait 45 minutes to an hour to talk to someone (that has always been my experience with Gamestop customer service).

I didn't order. Had battlefield v and the ps4 fate/extella in the cart, no free shipping. Added in Mario kart 8 deluxe and the shipping went up by $1. I'll just try again in the morning.

Edit: apparently it's only on certain items you get free shipping. Add in rdr 2 or smash ultimate and it's free but remove them and its $6 shipping again.

I bought a dualshock 4 during Black Friday with power up rewards and trade credit. I know I probably can't return for money since I used credit and rewards, but can I return the controller and apply that credit to another product, or preorder?

The website was giving me errors earlier, now they removed in-store pickup and raised the shipping price by $1. These fucking fiends.

Why do these coupon codes never ever work for PUR Members on in-stock items? The code is valid but you check out and it just says fuck You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back