2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't order. Had battlefield v and the ps4 fate/extella in the cart, no free shipping. Added in Mario kart 8 deluxe and the shipping went up by $1. I'll just try again in the morning.

Edit: apparently it's only on certain items you get free shipping. Add in rdr 2 or smash ultimate and it's free but remove them and its $6 shipping again.
I think what's happening is that some games are coded on the site incorrectly and disable free shipping despite the rest of your order qualifying. In your case, Battlefield V, in my case Tetris Effect.

If you have a cart filled with normal stuff that meets the shipping requirement (e.g. Astro Bot + Creed, or 2x Fate/Extella), everything works fine. In either case, $40 total, successful option for free shipping. As soon as you add a bugged entry like BFV or Tetris Effect to your cart, however, you suddenly lose the option.

The wild card is that certain games like Smash Ultimate somehow override your cart back to qualifying for free shipping even if you have a fail state game included. I tried to replicate it with Red Dead 2 (also $60, also tagged with green "free shipping" promo text), but it was not able to get the same override effect that Smash Ultimate got combined with either BFV or Tetris Effect, meaning I'm not seeing any rhyme or reason why one game works but not another. There may or may not be other games that have this override ability besides Smash, but Gamestop's laggy site was too infuriating to continue further experimentation.

Now would be a good time for the Gamestop spies lurking to actually do something useful for once and get them to fix their garbage site instead of doing nothing but nuking trade-in values.

I bought a dualshock 4 during Black Friday with power up rewards and trade credit. I know I probably can't return for money since I used credit and rewards, but can I return the controller and apply that credit to another product, or preorder?
I think you will only be given back the trade credit that you spent on the purchase receipt. You will not get reimbursed for the PUR certificates used.

So applying that purchase towards another product does not work ? Sucks
Yeah you're probably screwed. YMMV though, as some associates will let you exchange it for a similarly priced item. They usually don't care if you're not trying to get cash back or pay less than the value of the item you want to exchange it for. I'd just go ask.

So rainbow six siege complete edition is better than year 3 gold edition right? Year 3 gold edition is pretty much standard game with year 3 pass?

I had a BF order like that, turned out that it was shipped UPS Surepost and the tracking number was tied to USPS, so it didn't update until the package was handed over to them despite it having been shipped and on the way to me. Try searching the tracking number with UPS or Fedex and see if you get anything.
In fact that was exactly the problem. Thanks! *tips hat*

Just wanted to say, compared to bestbuy/target online shipping services and orders placed within the BF/Cyber Mon deals, Gamestop has some of the worst delivery services I've seen.

Get your crap together GS, Bestbuy and Target can process orders, why can't you do it just as fast? 2 free day shipping with elite and my order was sitting there for about a week.

So rainbow six siege complete edition is better than year 3 gold edition right? Year 3 gold edition is pretty much standard game with year 3 pass?
Correct. Complete Edition (retail exclusive to GS) is the game w/code for the first 3 season passes.

Beware though the year 4 pass hit this week.

Just wanted to say, compared to bestbuy/target online shipping services and orders placed within the BF/Cyber Mon deals, Gamestop has some of the worst delivery services I've seen.

Get your crap together GS, Bestbuy and Target can process orders, why can't you do it just as fast? 2 free day shipping with elite and my order was sitting there for about a week.
On one hand, you cannot have the same expectations for gamestop (specialty retailer) to target/best buy (big box retailer)...on the other hand Family Video sent me Minecraft and Capt Toad faster

So applying that purchase towards another product does not work ? Sucks
yeah this rule sucks. i bought lets go pikachu for credit and rewards. went to return it and they said they could only give credit back and the rewards are gone... ended up selling it as a used copy. someone got lucky buying a used lets go pikachu and getting a new one. :p

yeah this rule sucks. i bought lets go pikachu for credit and rewards. went to return it and they said they could only give credit back and the rewards are gone... ended up selling it as a used copy. someone got lucky buying a used lets go pikachu and getting a new one. :p
I goofed the other day and redeemed a $15 used cert and ended up contacting Gamestops Customer Service to see if I could have them revoke the cert and apply the PUR back to my account. They got back to me the same day and just gave me the points back and let me keep the used coupon, which was very unexpected as I figured I'd just have to use the used cert, which would be fine if every game on my buy list wasn't a fairly new release that I'll have a hard time finding used before the coupon expires on the 30th.

How does gamestop handle gift receipts? Does the person returning an item get the value paid or the value of the item? I used a buy 2 get one free and I'm gifting the free game, and was wondering what would happen if they returned it.

How does gamestop handle gift receipts? Does the person returning an item get the value paid or the value of the item? I used a buy 2 get one free and I'm gifting the free game, and was wondering what would happen if they returned it.
I believe that returning the free game from a B2G1 FREE promo will reflect a $0.00 value upon scanning the gift receipt. You will need to return all three games to receive the proper return credit.

Is the following a case of employee not knowing what he's talking about or true:

I bought a game before Black Friday at full price and got a gift receipt. Game goes on sale for Black Friday, and I tried returning it with the gift receipt and the guy gave me back the amount it was going for on Black Friday. I'm like "why am I getting less than I paid" and he told me I only get back whatever the amount it currently costs is, since he has no way of seeing how much I paid...

I ended up telling him to resell it to me and I'd bring back the receipt. Such a hassle since it was actually Black Friday, and I had to fight traffic and wait in line twice

Is the following a case of employee not knowing what he's talking about or true:

I bought a game before Black Friday at full price and got a gift receipt. Game goes on sale for Black Friday, and I tried returning it with the gift receipt and the guy gave me back the amount it was going for on Black Friday. I'm like "why am I getting less than I paid" and he told me I only get back whatever the amount it currently costs is, since he has no way of seeing how much I paid...

I ended up telling him to resell it to me and I'd bring back the receipt. Such a hassle since it was actually Black Friday, and I had to fight traffic and wait in line twice
They dont know what theyre talking about.. Theyre suppose to scan the smaller barcode after the regular one and it shows the true price paid.

Its obvious that digital media is the future, and its already begun slowly killing Gamestop. They've got less than 4 years left before filing bankruptcy or selling out to a private money buyer, unless there are major changes at the top and they get some really smart people up there.

Next year, Microsoft is coming out with a disc less Xbox One, and when their next console comes out Q4 2020 there will likely be two options, one without a disc drive at a reasonable $500(give or take) price and one with a disc drive for $200 more because they're really going to want to try and push players into downloading their games.

Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of people who like owning disc based games, and Gamestop still sells a lot of new games. Its the people who don't want to walk into a gamestop now, who previously would just to get some value out of games they're done with. Gamestop won't die because they're missing out on selling the first new copy of a game, its missing out on reselling that game multiple times that has begun to kill them.

I own three game stores in Michigan and I've seen the decline in game sales and I've been lucky enough to be ahead of the decline by switching enough of my store over to board games, electronics, card games, disc golf, and whatever else my customers want to buy. I used to order 400 copies of a new call of duty game for about $20,000 and sell out on release weekend or shortly after, and now the big new release games are usually Nintendo products like Pokemon or Smash and we're ordering in the dozens not hundreds. The drop off has been huge and will just get bigger over the next 5 years.
what city in michigan are the game stores you own?

Thiese may be stupid questions, but can you still buy Xbox Credit with trade credit? If so, do you get taxed on the GameStop purchase or Xbox purchase?

So who else has been unable to log into the iPhone or android app but still can on the website via a browser too?

I went to Gamestop today to check out the 3 for $15 sale. I have not been in a physical store in quite awhile and this particular store had so much toys and collectibles, the whole middle of the store had aisles of it like a maze. They had tape on the floor that led you around the store in one path. I have never seen this store so crammed with crap. It reminded me of pawn shops with piles of merchandise everywhere.

I get to the pre-owned older games, and most of them (like 70%) are in generic cases with no manuals. Being a gamer and collector, I want original and nice condition games. So that was a bust as the complete games that were there, I already had. On top of that, the sales associate wouldn't stop asking me if they could help me or what I was looking for. I said I did not need help, I was just looking. I know its their job to do that, but if I need help, I will definitely ask. I know they would push other stuff (warranties, renewal) on me if I ever made it to the counter and bought something (which I didn't). This along with selling opened copies of games as new helps me to remember why I do not shop at these stores near as much as I used to. The website is going downhill as well the past couple years.

I know every store can be different, some better than others. But I most likely will not miss GS if it goes out of business in a few years. I just need to use up all my points from past purchases to redeem certificates before all that happens.

I goofed the other day and redeemed a $15 used cert and ended up contacting Gamestops Customer Service to see if I could have them revoke the cert and apply the PUR back to my account. They got back to me the same day and just gave me the points back and let me keep the used coupon, which was very unexpected as I figured I'd just have to use the used cert, which would be fine if every game on my buy list wasn't a fairly new release that I'll have a hard time finding used before the coupon expires on the 30th.
That's a nice conclusion to your story. It's been over a month of me repeatedly emailing after receiving one response, and dead air since. Same situation of redeeming 15k, apparently because I accidentally left the app open when I put my phone on my pocket.

Have anyone had success with GameStop reinstating expired pts. ~40K pts expired on my pur alt acct due to inactivity aka death of flippagaddon.

I went to Gamestop today to check out the 3 for $15 sale. I have not been in a physical store in quite awhile and this particular store had so much toys and collectibles, the whole middle of the store had aisles of it like a maze. They had tape on the floor that led you around the store in one path. I have never seen this store so crammed with crap. It reminded me of pawn shops with piles of merchandise everywhere.

I get to the pre-owned older games, and most of them (like 70%) are in generic cases with no manuals. Being a gamer and collector, I want original and nice condition games. So that was a bust as the complete games that were there, I already had. On top of that, the sales associate wouldn't stop asking me if they could help me or what I was looking for. I said I did not need help, I was just looking. I know its their job to do that, but if I need help, I will definitely ask. I know they would push other stuff (warranties, renewal) on me if I ever made it to the counter and bought something (which I didn't). This along with selling opened copies of games as new helps me to remember why I do not shop at these stores near as much as I used to. The website is going downhill as well the past couple years.

I know every store can be different, some better than others. But I most likely will not miss GS if it goes out of business in a few years. I just need to use up all my points from past purchases to redeem certificates before all that happens.
I also can’t stand the collectible garbage cluttering the store (though my 4 yr old loves it and to be fair i’m in the purging crap phase of my life so most collectibles are just wasted money and space imo)

I would love it if Gamestop found a way to embrace its specialty retailer roots and started to stock complete retro games and systems in good condition.

Unfortunately, people are buying these collectibles and the markup is extreme...they aren’t going anywhere.

I also can’t stand the collectible garbage cluttering the store (though my 4 yr old loves it and to be fair i’m in the purging crap phase of my life so most collectibles are just wasted money and space imo)

I would love it if Gamestop found a way to embrace its specialty retailer roots and started to stock complete retro games and systems in good condition.

Unfortunately, people are buying these collectibles and the markup is extreme...they aren’t going anywhere.
When I worked for Gamestop I had suggested the retro game idea a number of times around when the EB buyout happened due to so many stores ending up being next to each other due to EBs and Gamestops being in very close proximity of each other, now that they have been converted to Gamestop stores we have Gamestops on-top of each other. Some stores do bad numbers because of this and a lot of smaller regional stores like Disc Replay like to place stores near Gamestops as well. There is one by me literally next to a Gamestop and as a result that Gamestop store has a hard time getting used product into the store since Disc Replay is next door and typically offers more cash.

At this point it's a little too late for them to get into the collectors retro market due to the higher quality items being bought up online and at conventions for the most part. I still think they could convert some stores to Retro Gamestops and sell what they can in addition to a lot of those damn collectables they liter the stores with.

Thiese may be stupid questions, but can you still buy Xbox Credit with trade credit? If so, do you get taxed on the GameStop purchase or Xbox purchase?
In NY at least GameStop allows you to use trade credit and doesn't collect sales tax. Microsoft does though when you buy subs or games with it (and I assume movies too).

Image for anyone who just wants to see it:

46305531901_4ccc868017_b.jpg

This is 99% of the reason why I don't like going into stores. Their intent on being pushy is unnecessary. I've been playing video games since the early 1980s and probably know more about games than the average GameStop employee. Yet they feel compelled to be up my ass from the time that I enter the store to the time that I leave. But I suppose it helps soccer moms and grandparents who don't know the difference between Mario and Master Chief.

Game comes out in 6 weeks. This sure snuck up on us. I'm glad it's coming to the States at least.

All limited edition Xbox consoles nowadays are default profile banner-esque gradients , all limited edition Playstations are Jerry The King Lawler Ed Hardy Faded Glory T Shirts

As soon as the KH3 announcement hit the GS site broke horribly. I added to cart almost immediately but it was timing out constantly. Ended up opening 10 tabs to try and eventually got an order through. Hopefully it comes to stores too. Whole thing was a mess and a half.

I already bought the Red Dead Pro Bundle. :(
I did too. I was hoping to hear something on this KH PS4 but I couldn't wait any longer after trading in my launch Pro.

Wondering if this will be the same model as the Red Dead Pro? If so, it won't bother me that much that I miss it. I still can't get my wireless to work on my new Pro, even though I never had any problems with wireless on my launch Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back