2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could've sworn it said "Cash for Credit until 01/11".. either we both entered a parallel universe for the Mandela effect or they actually ended it much earlier than we thought... Goddamn it due to my work schedule, I finally have off tomorrow to trade too...
It did but they finally removed it.

they resurfaced them and half dont work
So far I've had pretty decent luck. I mean, the first Wii U was a disaster and Zelda didn't work, but all other things have worked. And considering I've bought about 7 games at this prices lower than eBay, I can only complain so much. But, yeah, I've read this is a widespread problem and I'm worried about my last shipment from Gamestop.

EBAY has become very hit or miss. I often see the used version of games higher than the cost of a new copy at B&M’s. It’s taking more and more time to find deals now.
It's kinda nuts at some of the prices at GameStop. They must be wanting to hella unload Wii U stuff. Because I've checked all other outlets and everywhere is more expensive. I was hoping for one last group from the B2G1, but I can't find the three games at the same GameStop. C'est la vie

This is a little ridiculous.  Some of the top tier games are coming in stock and then sell out instantly.  Same with the games I've seen in stores...it seems like people are watching 24/7 and putting holds on everything that gets traded in within seconds.  Can't even keep 3 games in my cart long enough on the website to check out. 

GS is really testing my patience with their BS. They cut a promo short at a time when promos have run dry. I will wait until Elite phases out to see if I can keep flipping there. It's understandable that they loose money by giving such a big discount.

Well odyssey went up by like 2 bucks in tiv. Wish it was far cry 5 that got bumped
I'm so far behind on Ubisoft games. If they didn't release 5 games/year, I probably could catch up. Still have only played AC, ACII, Far Cry, Far Cry 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Double Agent, Conviction, and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2... so pretty much last gen Ubisoft games only.

This is a little ridiculous. Some of the top tier games are coming in stock and then sell out instantly. Same with the games I've seen in stores...it seems like people are watching 24/7 and putting holds on everything that gets traded in within seconds. Can't even keep 3 games in my cart long enough on the website to check out.
have you tried a stakeout

I'm so far behind on Ubisoft games. If they didn't release 5 games/year, I probably could catch up. Still have only played AC, ACII, Far Cry, Far Cry 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Double Agent, Conviction, and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2... so pretty much last gen Ubisoft games only.
I’ve finished ACII which is a lot of people’s favorite (my fav too) I think I finished black flag. Played unity but not sure if I finished cuz of bugs. Played first 3 eps of AC syndicate. Have origins and odyssey, both haven’t played. Haven’t finished watch dogs 1, far cry 4 or 5. Division, never finished. My backlog is real and I seriously don’t believe I’ll finish these games. I have so much more and I prioritize finishing PS4 exclusives first so there’s that

I could've sworn it said "Cash for Credit until 01/11".. either we both entered a parallel universe for the Mandela effect or they actually ended it much earlier than we thought... Goddamn it due to my work schedule, I finally have off tomorrow to trade too...
I though it said the same thing. That must have been a typo

That's always how it starts. Soon you'll be cleaning out whole store with 2 different accounts and 4 different trade cards lol.
Hah. I've gone to the $2k limit a couple times but never multiple accounts. I did make a plan of what games to flip from each store on my way home from work, but then realized I could just spend that time playing backlog and deleted it. No flips for me!

I’ve finished ACII which is a lot of people’s favorite (my fav too) I think I finished black flag. Played unity but not sure if I finished cuz of bugs. Played first 3 eps of AC syndicate. Have origins and odyssey, both haven’t played. Haven’t finished watch dogs 1, far cry 4 or 5. Division, never finished. My backlog is real and I seriously don’t believe I’ll finish these games. I have so much more and I prioritize finishing PS4 exclusives first so there’s that
Yeah it's crazy. I think I have nearly all the splinter cell, assassin's Creed, and most of the other games, but I don't think I'll ever get around to it. People have been saying that the newer Ubisoft games are pretty much clones of one another (far cry and assassin's Creed at least), so maybe I won't even play them if that's really the case. I'll rpbably try ACIV and FC3 since everybody is talking about those, but I dunno about the newer games.

Hasbro Game Night for the switch is currently $15.99 with GCU. Currently trades into GameStop for $20.40 with Elite pro. There’s at least one game to flip.

Website borked for anyone else? Showing the winter game sale ending January 1st as banner image... C.S. as C. back on the current trade offers page.

So anyone else had all their reward points in their account suddenly vannish? I logged in to find a miscellaneous redemption called: Gamestop top off.
Whole account balance gone just like that.

So anyone else had all their reward points in their account suddenly vannish? I logged in to find a miscellaneous redemption called: Gamestop top off.
Whole account balance gone just like that.
I think i have heard of this before. If you didn't have it marked to save points by year, i think at the end of the year it rounds your points up and automatically issues a $ off certificate based on value. Did you check to see if you had a random Cert on your account?

Nope no certificate they're just gone. Either it's a glitch or Gamestop just cleans out the accounts of those that dont shop there too often. Either way I'm filing a support ticket with them.

I was just about to load mine up and try it out. What was the problem exactly?
He tried scanning the barcodes and neither worked. It was a manager who knows what he's doing with promos. I went to my usual store. He said the message he got was promo expired or promo not valid. Something along those lines

Is the 20% birthday (1 Pre owned game) coupon on top of the PUR discount or instead of it?
It stacks, but I believe it'll do the coupon first (20%), then take the PUR discount off of that. It's the same silly way their pre-owned reward coupons work now so that you don't really get quite full value.

If I redeem my points for a certificate is it ready for use immediately, like if I went in the store and found three games I wanted I could redeem and they'd scan my phone?

If I redeem my points for a certificate is it ready for use immediately, like if I went in the store and found three games I wanted I could redeem and they'd scan my phone?
To answer your question, yes, but if you're considering a "$xx off a preowned game" coupon", unless one of those three games is notably more expensive than the other two, you'll end up wasting the coupon thanks to the B2G1.

I too hit AC fatigue trying to keep up with the series. I played and finished 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, then 3, and on 4 I just started it but didn't finish it. Same with Unity, but I was closer to the end than I was with 4, which just felt less like a real sequel to me than the others did. The present day stuff kept me interested but I think that's mostly gone and despite the praise I just can't bring myself to pick up Origins or Odyssey and slog through another Ubi open world checklist.

I think it rubbed off on Middle Earth : SOW too because I ditched that one midway through even after I platinumed the first game.
I think I’m in love with the new settings of Origins and Odyssey so my curiosity is peeked! But I had fatigue after Ac3 so I had to return AC4. I only got back on after Unity went dirt cheap. AcSyndicate was a slog to finish.

I skipped FarCry 4 for this reason as well.

Did not think about points and stuff like that, I will just renew on regular pro. Was thinking like GCU and I used to let me friends use my elite pro all the time with no issues. My bad.

Side note. I haven't seen any Southwest cards at my local stores lately. I remember they said they removed some cards in December. Has anyone seen Southwest cards lately?
I've seen Southwest airlines cards as t gamestop today but didn't try to buy them...

Recently Traded in DB fighterZ Vanilla and Crash Bandicoot HD for DB fighterZ deluxe edition. The employee ripped off a sticker on the bottom of the title offering 2x or 3x reward points. I am a bit concerned that the employee was tampering with my purchase so heavily before selling it to me. Any of you guys experience anything like this?

Recently Traded in DB fighterZ Vanilla and Crash Bandicoot HD for DB fighterZ deluxe edition. The employee ripped off a sticker on the bottom of the title offering 2x or 3x reward points. I am a bit concerned that the employee was tampering with my purchase so heavily before selling it to me. Any of you guys experience anything like this?
I don’t think that’s out yet, r u talking about fighterz ultimate edition?

I don’t think that’s out yet, r u talking about fighterz ultimate edition?
There was a FighterZ Edition released with the dlc Season Pass. GameStop has physical copies and recently placed it on clearance. The Ulrimate Edition comes with more.

Nope no certificate they're just gone. Either it's a glitch or Gamestop just cleans out the accounts of those that dont shop there too often. Either way I'm filing a support ticket with them.
The online support hasn't been great for me. I usually get a response asking for more info to verify my account or whatever, and then never get another reply after that. I had good luck on the phone, but with a long hold time. I've read the best way is to go in-store and have them call in to support for you.

I read that too. It would probably hurt the flippers once again at the expense of pissing off everyone else. I have 4 stores near me that I could easily call my main stores. Making me choose for membership would suck.
Where did you guys see this? Skimmed through 4 pages and gave up, but I'm super curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back