2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone here ever used the GS seven day return period on trying out a used XB1 Elite Controller? I kind of want to get one but I’m not 100% sure yet. If I like it I would probably return the used one and get a new one from them so they would probably get the purchase anyway.
You could return it for any reason within 7 days, But I would really only consider buying an elite controller from either costco or best buy (+ extended warranty).

Anyone have experience with ordering an old game online that’s somewhat hard to find like a gold edition game from gs?

What are the chances of getting the game sealed? Would rather not receive a “new” gutted copy of a gold edition with no dlc inside

So what is up with Gamestops shipping on pre-orders? I have the KH3 PS4 Pro pre-ordered, initially went with the Free Edge shipping, thought maybe that's not the best option and called them today to inquire how much to upgrade to release day shipping.

They said the only options they had were 1 day ($28.99) 2 day ($20.00) and the Edge shipping I currently had. So even if I pay basically $30 I wouldn't receive the item until Saturday or Monday, depending on carrier?

They said the only options they had were 1 day ($28.99) 2 day ($20.00) and the Edge shipping I currently had. So even if I pay basically $30 I wouldn't receive the item until Saturday or Monday, depending on carrier?
If you think GameStop's 1-day shipping means 1 day you've got another thing coming pal. I just got a game after a week and a half with free 2-day shipping. Their system is so broken it's nuts.

If you think GameStop's 1-day shipping means 1 day you've got another thing coming pal. I just got a game after a week and a half with free 2-day shipping. Their system is so broken it's nuts.
I mean if it doesn't get to me in a day at least I can call and get the shipping portion refunded I would imagine. Just BLOWS my mind that a corporation built solely around gaming can't manage release day shipping on pre-orders, when pre-orders are what they always push.

Meanwhile I can buy a $5 pack of batteries from BB and since I'm Elite Plus - free 2 day shipping. Same for Target. But Gamestop, to get a console that's exclusive to them, is $30 to MAYBE get it the day after release, on an item that wasn't even offered to pre-order in store (Yes I'm aware some people managed it, but from what was posted it sounds like it wasn't really supposed to be an option)

South Park fractured but whole switch "new" is a better-than-breakeven points to trade credit flip

Edit: (for elite)

Back in September or October GS had a "buy 3 $9.99 games for $20" and it didn't stack with PUR. it was just $19.99 plus tax. Does anyone remember that? I'm akskng cause I never had that happen before and I'm wondering if the 2 for $20 is stacking with PUR for everybody with no issues.

Back in September or October GS had a "buy 3 $9.99 games for $20" and it didn't stack with PUR. it was just $19.99 plus tax. Does anyone remember that? I'm akskng cause I never had that happen before and I'm wondering if the 2 for $20 is stacking with PUR for everybody with no issues.
PUR has always stacked for me in the past. $4 for $10 ($8 w/ Elite PUR), 4 for $20 ($16 w/ Elite PUR), etc. For this deal, it should be 2 for $16 for you w/ Elite PUR or 2 for $18 w/ regular PUR.

Just Dance 2018 is the same ($15 new, $15 TIV)
Just because I already see the lame procrastinator posts tomorrow...

If anyone is planning to do this flipping, DO IT TODAY and not tomorrow, when of course, the TIV is going to go way down.

Side note. I haven't seen any Southwest cards at my local stores lately. I remember they said they removed some cards in December. Has anyone seen Southwest cards lately?
These are the gift cards that I saw today at my Gamestop in the mall. Southwest on the bottom row. Sorry for the blurriness, my phone is old.

vgr2g8.jpg

If anyone is planning to do this flipping, DO IT TODAY and not tomorrow, when of course, the TIV is going to go way down.
I said the same thing last time switch games were getting super high tiv's, and yet people came the next couple days and complained that tiv's dropped.

These are the gift cards that I saw today at my Gamestop in the mall. Southwest on the bottom row. Sorry for the blurriness, my phone is old.

vgr2g8.jpg
The problem is that they don't inform the staff of when GCs are removed from their system. So there will be ancient stuff that doesn't ring up at all still on the rack.

You should be able to get $36 cash locally for those Switch games so maybe hold on and play them and love em until the March prestige day.

You should be able to get $36 cash locally for those Switch games so maybe hold on and play them and love em until the March prestige day.
Both Ubisoft South Park games are fantastic RPGs (the second one is a strategy/tactical RPG). So unique, visually and story-wise... and although I don't like to admit it most of the time, Just Dance games can be VERY fun.

Don’t forget you get the gold coins for the cartridges too if you care about that.
Only within a year of game release, apparently. Discovered that to my dismay when I finally got to get a Switch and the network informed me that my brand new copies of Odyssey and Kart were ineligible.

What's the impetus for the TIV drop? Don't have any current gen stuff to trade (well, I do, but plan to sell vs trade to GS), just curious.

What's the impetus for the TIV drop? Don't have any current gen stuff to trade (well, I do, but plan to sell vs trade to GS), just curious.
I’m just speaking of the Just Dance 2018/South Park: TFBW flip. They both went on sale for $14.99 today and trade in for $18 with elite. Trade values will most likely fall to the $6/7 range tomorrow after the system adjusts for the price drop.

Thanks for the responses on this, I was getting a bit worried but it looks like they are still out there. Just need a restock near me.
Some stores are lazy and throw “extra” gift cards into a drawer or some box in the back. Be sure to ask if they have them somewhere else.

I remember it. It was the same time as the video game day bump because I remember doing that purchase with the big TIV bump in Sept. It stacked for me.

Finally got a response regarding an unshipped third game from the recent B2G1 - order was cancelled and “refunded”, however, the value of the game was 0.00.

Assuming I’m outside of the return window of seven days for a used game. Wondering what options are, has anyone else had a similar experience?

Saw on the CAG Twitter that "@Play" brand PS3 controllers are on sale for under $5. Any opinions on them? Dont see much in the way of reviews.

Finally got a response regarding an unshipped third game from the recent B2G1 - order was cancelled and “refunded”, however, the value of the game was 0.00.

Assuming I’m outside of the return window of seven days for a used game. Wondering what options are, has anyone else had a similar experience?
Online orders are 30 days even for pre-owned games. You're probably screwed on the b2g1 but you can return the other 2 if they're within that window. I've had entire orders canceled and not refunded before for stiff like that so I feel your pain.

Saw on the CAG Twitter that "@Play" brand PS3 controllers are on sale for under $5. Any opinions on them? Dont see much in the way of reviews.
If they're anything like their 360 & XB1 controllers, skip them. The analog sticks and buttons wear down too quickly on those compared to even the PowerA controllers. I would only get them if you're selling off a system and need a controller to go with it or testing the system.

I remember it. It was the same time as the video game day bump because I remember doing that purchase with the big TIV bump in Sept. It stacked for me.
My apologies to ev'one I confused with my original post...I found my receipt and it was actually a 3 games $14.99 and under for $25, not $20. My PUR did in fact stack with the discount at the time.

Damn yall still trade into GS? There are plenty of other options. Watching this clip the other day reminded me how bad GS was in first place...

https://youtu.be/dfFiczr7uqg

Damn yall still trade into GS? There are plenty of other options. Watching this clip the other day reminded me how bad GS was in first place...

YouTube keeps pushing me to watch this video, but I have yet to just based in principle. GameStop doesn't screw me over because I always have a plan before walking in and know what I'm doing. But yes, there recent $15 switch games have been an easy credit->cash+bonus move on eBay and OfferUp, it that's what it's talking about.

I ordered some stuff from the gamestop website and it arrived with a plastic bag inside with a coupon code printed on it but it doesn't say what the code does. Anyone know what the bag codes do?

I ordered some stuff from the gamestop website and it arrived with a plastic bag inside with a coupon code printed on it but it doesn't say what the code does. Anyone know what the bag codes do?
20% trade in bonus

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That guy is an asshat. If it's going that bad at that store take your stuff and leave. From the way it sounds he's from NY, I'm sure there's a PLETHORA of other stores around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back