2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see what happens, just wanted to give an idea of what the current base is. I need some flips to help pay for Division 2 UE, MLB The Show 19 CE, and MK 11 Premium (not Collector's) Edition. My other 7 game purchases between now and E3 are already paid off with trade credit.

No way all those games go to $35. Maybe a few like black ops and odyssey go to $27.50 from $20, but pretty much everything is already high by modern GS standards. And kinda useless without even a 20% promo.

No way all those games go to $35. Maybe a few like black ops and odyssey go to $27.50 from $20, but pretty much everything is already high by modern GS standards. And kinda useless without even a 20% promo.
I can see ac:eek:dessey definetly dropping to $20 within the next couple months.

whats the calculation for elite pro members on the 2 for $20?

2 for $16 I am guessing?  Pretty sure they wont calculate the 20% on the original price of each game.

So my favorite and most frequented Gamestop location in Manhattan New York is suddenly closing tomorrow. Apparently the employees were very surprised too because, according to them, it is one of the most popular / high-performing stores in Manhattan. And they were given only a week's notice, adding even more surprise. Having a store in Manhattan obviously comes with high rent but they say it is certainly not rent or lease. Hopefully this is not a start of Gamestop business restructuring. Anybody's nearby store closing?
You post the same story to neogaf, where they are celebrating gamestop closing. They can be weird sometime

You post the same story to neogaf, where they are celebrating gamestop closing. They can be weird sometime
My store closed a while ago. I really miss it. Gamestop can suck for trading in common stuff but they do have a lot of great deals. I think they get way too much hate.

Picked up Smash Bros, Mario Maker and Pokken for Wii U. That may be my final Wii U purchase. Abut $11 each after Elite and cag16.
Make sure you test the discs ASAP once you receive them. GS's refurbishing process is notorious for rendering Wii U discs unplayable.

For ordering consoles online, which is the safer option: pre-owned, or "Gamestop premium refurbished?"
I think your luck will be the same regardless, considering the quality of their "refurbished" products. I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

I'd get it new before I'd buy a pre-owned console from them. I just don't buy used consoles.

Edit: I remember a few years ago a "premium refurbished" DS came with earbuds and screen protectors, while the regular pre-owned didn't

I think your luck will be the same regardless, considering the quality of their "refurbished" products. I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

I'd get it new before I'd buy a pre-owned console from them. I just don't buy used consoles.

Edit: I remember a few years ago a "premium refurbished" DS came with earbuds and screen protectors, while the regular pre-owned didn't
Preowned = traded directly into a store & has never gone to the GS factory (sometimes systems are transferred betweeen stores, a RSB.)

Premium Refurbished = From the GS factory & in a larger box. Traded into a store & for whatever reason sent to the factory for refurbishment. The true coin flips. Note that ALL NEW 2DSXL/3DSXL’s are sent to the GS factory regardless of condition (something on how the stores can’t fully wipe them?) Those are sold in plain white boxes but do come with the charger.

Was thinking about getting The Crew 2 for PS4, have a feeling it will be $10 or less soon. Gonna get CoD: BO3 for Xbox One for sure, it'll be $8.79 w/ Elite Pro before tax. My kind of price point indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back