2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are any of those smaller faceplate NN3DSs known to have dual IPS?

I reluctantly traded away an IPS XL and paid a premium on top to get a Mario black one just cause I realized I’d never play my DS because it was too cumbersome to take places.

Is it common for GameStop to have a pre-owned price on games when the games are new and unavailable for preowned, and then raise the price once games actually become in stock to purchase?  Because that has happened to a game that I've been eyeing for a bit.  It was $20 initially and once you could actually purchase the game online, now the price is $25.

I reluctantly traded away an IPS XL and paid a premium on top to get a Mario black one just cause I realized I’d never play my DS because it was too cumbersome to take places.
I bought the white Pokémon one when it released, and it’s dual IPS. I’m wondering if it’s possible to buy a black Super Mario one and change the screens out without it being a humongous pain in the ass. The little info I can find seems to indicate the top screen will still have a white border.

Is it common for GameStop to have a pre-owned price on games when the games are new and unavailable for preowned, and then raise the price once games actually become in stock to purchase? Because that has happened to a game that I've been eyeing for a bit. It was $20 initially and once you could actually purchase the game online, now the price is $25.
Wednesday is typically the day that prices go up or down. They change their prices based upon demand, as most businesses would. The fact that it was out of stock for a while at $20 would tell the smart business person to raise the price.

Wednesday is typically the day that prices go up or down. They change their prices based upon demand, as most businesses would. The fact that it was out of stock for a while at $20 would tell the smart business person to raise the price.
It was out of stock because it was brand new and no one owned it yet. Like literally the day the game came out, it was $20 used. $30 brand new.

Am I tripping or did GameStop skip their weekly ad this week?

Edit: very odd, looks like it's up now

Wii U 8GB refurb/preowned are only $80

I just ordered a Mario Black for that exact reason. Sadly, by all accounts they're dual tn. I won't be selling my dual IPS Hyrule Edition as a result. I'm honestly afraid of the shape the mario black will arrive in, but I pushed the button thinking if it's beat all to hell I'll take it back within the 7 day return window.

I don't think he's saying that he boomeranged 1K worth of games, just that the bump enabled him to trade stuff in to the tune of around 1K.
This guy gets it

I’m also a pawn/thrift shopper so I had a few boxes of current gen games ready to trade. I’ve held unto these games for at least 5 to 6 months now since the values went to crap around that time last year

Now the struggle begins...especially since the glowing review scores are out. I have to tell myself...it doesn't matter how good it looks, how much I loved the original, or what kind of reviews it's getting...I must not buy Resident Evil 2 Remake at launch for full price! I'm still not done with Fist of the North Star and haven't even started Hitman and Hitman 2. Self, you don't need it...
Just remember, RE1 remake went free with PS+ at one point.

heads up... some dirtbag cashed out all my points last week on 3x $50 Google Play codes. Some how they were able to go over the points I had leaving my account at -90k. Keep an eye on your accounts my fellow CAGs.

heads up... some dirtbag cashed out all my points last week on 3x $50 Google Play codes. Some how they were able to go over the points I had leaving my account at -90k. Keep an eye on your accounts my fellow CAGs.
Same thing happened to me last year where 50k points were redeemed. I had to call Gamestop to tell them what happened and they put it back, but kept thinking if it was more likely an employee or a employee's friend had done this with my info.

Same thing happened to me last year where 50k points were redeemed. I had to call Gamestop to tell them what happened and they put it back, but kept thinking if it was more likely an employee or a employee's friend had done this with my info.
Just another thing to add to the GS shit we have to put up with. The worst was when the site was hacked and our credit cards were compromised. I had used that card on multiple preorders on various sites. Since it was cancelled and a new card was sent out to replace it, I had to change all of those orders through phone calls to all the stores. What a hassle. I definitely don't save my card information to the site no more. I don't use paypal on there either as I don't want to pay for the preorder right away.

This happened to me in August. Someone redeemed all my saved points on 6 $10 psn cards. I didn't even bother to call corporate. It's not worth the hassle.

Just remember, RE1 remake went free with PS+ at one point.
lol, bad recommendation

That’s a port of a 2002 Cube remake. Not the same situation at all. No way RE2 hits Plus until like 2021+. Capcom has invested far more into it than RE1’s PS4 port. A little context would tell you that if RE2 somehow does go to plus, it will be a very, very long time away

Has Capcom put any big budget AAA game on plus that was developed this gen on plus? Other than smaller games and ports?

Saw this and checked my account. Sure enough, 3 Google Play codes redeemed on 1/12 leaving me at about minus 20k points. Ugh

I had it December 24 for 11.5k on Google play. Called and got my points put back. Then exactly 2 weeks later (after changing my password and associated email) 28750 were redeemed for Google play. Customer service said they had to do an investigation to see if it was actually fraud. Apparently they decided it wasn't, as I'm out almost 30k points now. So angry.

Hackers have compromised GameStop

If you are sitting on points you make yourself a target

Use your points on games or digital cards

Do your best to turn points into credit

Aka 9.97 No mans sky into $12 credit. Used a few 10k easy transfer

Same with $14.99 crew 2 ...easy 15 to $15

Looks like only the 8gb one went down. Why would you ever buy an 8gb one lol?
My local GS only had the white one in stock. I didn't want to order it online because I wanted to check the condition in-person before I bought it. The 8GB is a non-issue if you just use an external HDD.

*EDIT*

This is all besides the point. I'm asking a simple yes or no question: does Gamestop do price adjustments?

Source?

My local GS only had the white one in stock. I didn't want to order it online because I wanted to check the condition in-person before I bought it. The 8GB is a non-issue if you just use an external HDD.

*EDIT*
This is all besides the point. I'm asking a simple yes or no question: does Gamestop do price adjustments?
You could try asking, but I'm pretty sure you could also return if its preowned (not sure about refurb and/or the fact it's a console, only ever done it with games) and rebuy. Hasnt been over 7 days.

*EDIT*
I have had success with new products bought in store, haven't tried with pre-owned or items purchased online. I would guess if it's within the return period they could offer a gift card for the difference.

Anything to substantiate that claim other than a few panicked posts? They've had credit card info compromised last year, but I don't see any reason to believe there's been a recent vulnerability.

What's actually involved in cashing out the points into Google cards etc, do they need your credentials or just your power up number because that's pretty weird that all of you got hit

Does anyone know if the 7 day money back guarantee  starts the day tracking shows your item has arrived at your door or the day you ordered online? I got one of the $80 new 3ds units but the shipping says it'll be 8 days.  As far as I'm aware the 30 day guarantee is only for replacement rather than your money back, which is going to get a bit hairy given the obscurity of non-XL sized "New" 3DS units at Gamestop and in the US in general.

What's actually involved in cashing out the points into Google cards etc, do they need your credentials or just your power up number because that's pretty weird that all of you got hit
It's all an attempt to get people to use their points. I claim conspiracy.

Got a call today saying I could pick up Kingdom Hearts III the night before AND if I came in early I would be more likely to get the fabric poster... Umm I should get that regardless of when I show up since it is a pre-order bonus and not some "first come first serve" type thing. Inb4 they give it away to somebody else.

Has anyone seen any Bendy's for the Switch in store? None near me so far.

It has been online for order for a few days and I was waiting for an in store option because I don't get charged tax on trade credit if I buy in store. 

Does anyone know if the 7 day money back guarantee starts the day tracking shows your item has arrived at your door or the day you ordered online? I got one of the $80 new 3ds units but the shipping says it'll be 8 days. As far as I'm aware the 30 day guarantee is only for replacement rather than your money back, which is going to get a bit hairy given the obscurity of non-XL sized "New" 3DS units at Gamestop and in the US in general.
I believe it is from when it is marked as “delivered”

Has anyone seen any Bendy's for the Switch in store? None near me so far.

It has been online for order for a few days and I was waiting for an in store option because I don't get charged tax on trade credit if I buy in store.
I've heard that stores haven't gotten restocked on the Switch version yet, just PS4 and Xbox One. There are none available anywhere in stores looking at the site. I'd imagine if stores get restocked it'll be within the next week. My interest has been peaked on this game now though so I also want to pick up a copy on Switch.

This happened to me in August. Someone redeemed all my saved points on 6 $10 psn cards. I didn't even bother to call corporate. It's not worth the hassle.
you should get your points back my friend. the call took maybe 10 minutes, and you are the rightful heir to those sweet psn bucks. that backlog isn't going to grow itself ;)

you should get your points back my friend. the call took maybe 10 minutes, and you are the rightful heir to those sweet psn bucks. that backlog isn't going to grow itself ;)
The psn codes are redeemed. Wont they just tell me they cant prove I didn't use them. I thought about contacting sony and saying those codes were stolen hoping maybe the psn account that redeemed them would get banned but they were most likely sold on ebay. I have a feeling it was related to the hack. Honestly it's my fault for not changing my password. I'll probably try but I'm worried since they'll just shut my account down and I have about 55k points currently.

Got a call today saying I could pick up Kingdom Hearts III the night before AND if I came in early I would be more likely to get the fabric poster... Umm I should get that regardless of when I show up since it is a pre-order bonus and not some "first come first serve" type thing. Inb4 they give it away to somebody else.
Ive pre-ordered dozens of games from gamestop over the last 3 years. I've only actually got the pre-order bonus items I was supposed to get once. I actually got the poster for smash ultimate.

My guess is the store is just letting people know its in their best interest to get it at the 9pm. I know my store got like 80 of the fabric posters. The posters were while supplies last. Now, we have way more posters than preorders, but you're store might not have been as lucky.

Looks like only the 8gb one went down. Why would you ever buy an 8gb one lol?
32GB is not really enough any way. I got the 8GB because 1) I liked the white color (personally, I think the scratches are less noticeable on the white one); and 2) I'd rather save the money because the extra $50 (at the time) was not worth the extra few GBs, considering I'd need an external anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back