2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was debating purchasing some stuff on Gamestop.com and wondering if you can return items to a store if they don't have the case and manual?

So I was debating purchasing some stuff on Gamestop.com and wondering if you can return items to a store if they don't have the case and manual?
Yes, you can. If you do return stuff, try to be helped by an associate that actually knows what they are doing. Online item returns require more than just scanning a barcode.

Yes, you can. If you do return stuff, try to be helped by an associate that actually knows what they are doing. Online item returns require more than just scanning a barcode.
Awesome. I had seen that you should bring the packing slip somewhere else online. Hopefully everything is complete though.

Awesome. I had seen that you should bring the packing slip somewhere else online. Hopefully everything is complete though.
Remember that the return window is 5 days from when you receive your order and not when the order was placed. Some numbskulls try to include shipping time when looking to see if you are allowed to do a return...

For in-store returns of Gamestop.com orders, it requires that they enter a special return code for the "store" (i.e. Gamestop.com), part of your order number, and make adjustments for the order price and taxes. Entering the codes requires knowledge and adjusting the price/taxes can be tricky for the associate, to the point where I have seen them do it wrong. I would walk in there knowing exactly how much you're supposed to get back.

Also, know how you paid for it (gift card vs trade credit vs credit card), as they might not know and will ask you. I have received cash back, credit to my credit card, and partial cash/credit returns.

Remember that the return window is 5 days from when you receive your order and not when the order was placed. Some numbskulls try to include shipping time when looking to see if you are allowed to do a return...
True, I've had this problem come up, but I'm usually able to get a manager to accept it if I'm nice enough to them.

Also, if it's non-working then you have 30 days to ask for a replacement, but since they don't carry retro in store they might give you a hard time. I've been able to return 2 items this way but the associate had to ask the manager for approval

Thanks for the info guys! I'm a pro member so I get 10% by default, but it looks like I'm still getting charged for shipping even though I have an order that's about $75 after pro discount and the cag code. Is there a way to get free shipping as well though or am I missing something?

Free game is only with purchase of the Fallout 76 bundle I believe, which isn’t eligible for the Xbox One X trade in promo.
According to their website it's supposed to be free with any xbox one purchase but somebody posted that the game wasn't coming up free.

If anyone cares, the GS exclusive UE Steelbook for Division 2 is completely different than the Gold one.

Color, front, back, & inside are all different.

the free game promo is working online, maybe show them that if its not working in store.

Free $19.99 - 59.99 Game with Xbox One S/X - Get a free $19.99 - 59.99 new game with purchase of a Xbox One S or X! Some exclusions apply. Applicable to physical in-stock items ONLY. Offer valid 3/8/19 - 3/16/19. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. - Devil May Cry 5

- $59.99

2 free games and $399 price is better deal than trade in deal towards $499 console with 1 game. Not exactly apples to apples but still...

anyone know if the Rupee Chest is 'sale' or 'clearance' for 59.99.  Wondering if it's worth checking some stores that are doing extra % off clearance stuff.

Does Gamestop still ever do those tiered trade in deals where if you trade in like 3 games you get an extra 50%, 4 games 60%, 5 games 70% up to a cap? I used to love taking great advantage of those...

i just found that a newer gamestop near me closed down. but i also found that the closest gamestop is now prestige. Are prestige days still a thing in 2019? i havent heard about one in quite a while

Has anyone been able to do the xbox one x promo trade? I tried today with no luck. Promotion would not activate at all and I was trying to get the White NBA bundle. I thought it was because I was trading in several different systems but even when trying to just ring up one system to trade it was overriden by the bonus $25 instead and workers refused to manually bump things up which was understandable.

This is off topic but I was wondering if it's still possible to convert gamestop gift cards into other gift cards they're selling?

Has anyone been able to do the xbox one x promo trade? I tried today with no luck. Promotion would not activate at all and I was trying to get the White NBA bundle. I thought it was because I was trading in several different systems but even when trying to just ring up one system to trade it was overriden by the bonus $25 instead and workers refused to manually bump things up which was understandable.
What that sucks lol. What a waste of time. I wonder if it's only for the plain consoles?

Is it not working now for you? It seems to be for me, I see 399 results returned, not sure if it's the same amount as a few days ago when searching for "mwtmar19".
Yeah, it's still working for me, and shows 399 results as well. It seems legit, but there are some question marks, like the surprising amount of last gen games, especially plain old Wii Sports. That said, the Wii and Wii U sections in particular at the stores around here are becoming slim pickings.

If last gen TIVs start making a comeback after I cleared out mine during the last promo after sitting on them for over six months, I'm gonna cry. :rofl:

Thanks for the info guys! I'm a pro member so I get 10% by default, but it looks like I'm still getting charged for shipping even though I have an order that's about $75 after pro discount and the cag code. Is there a way to get free shipping as well though or am I missing something?
So I tried using the SAVER code as well but still had no luck getting that free shipping on my order. Does anyone have advice on how to do so? There is even an add on the site saying free shipping over $50 so it's kind of crazy why I can't get it to activate. I keep getting charged $5 for shipping and handling.

Last time I went it still was, but with the usual restrictions like no Visa, Shell, Ebay, Amazon.
Thanks for your reply might try sometime this week, if doesn't work I won't be disappointed. just gonna try some other way to convert my buttload of credit if need be

Yeah, it's still working for me, and shows 399 results as well. It seems legit, but there are some question marks, like the surprising amount of last gen games, especially plain old Wii Sports. That said, the Wii and Wii U sections in particular at the stores around here are becoming slim pickings.

If last gen TIVs start making a comeback after I cleared out mine during the last promo after sitting on them for over six months, I'm gonna cry. :rofl:
I don't see it happening, they just don't seem to move well at Gamestop. Even at the flea market 360 games seem to just sit. (PS3 also) Not sure what happened, so many great games in the last generation.

I don't see it happening, they just don't seem to move well at Gamestop. Even at the flea market 360 games seem to just sit. (PS3 also) Not sure what happened, so many great games in the last generation.
Personally i think it has to do with how popular the last gen was, Even though the games were amazing everyone owns them. Everyone has played them as well. Plus the online might not be as popular as the newest games coming out. Last gen is obsolete, Xbox One did great with the whole backwards compatible. At my store we have very few PS3 games that sell but the Xbox 360 sells pretty well.

Personally i think it has to do with how popular the last gen was, Even though the games were amazing everyone owns them. Everyone has played them as well. Plus the online might not be as popular as the newest games coming out. Last gen is obsolete, Xbox One did great with the whole backwards compatible. At my store we have very few PS3 games that sell but the Xbox 360 sells pretty well.
Wii games still seem to be in demand.

The weirder titles are starting to go up in value, and the marios are always wanted by people.

From personal experience there's only a handful of titles I keep an eye out for PS3 and 360, things that got weird limited releases.

Edit: *Good* Wii games I mean, not sure if anyone is frothing at the mouth for M&M's kart adventure.

Thought the only White Xbox One X bundles were either standalone or came with Fallout 76?

What im interested in is why they took the ability to check to see if these Xbox consoles are in stock anywhere and I swear they are told not to pick up the damn phones in the store...

I also see the base OG Xbox one is now up to $199.99 used when less than a month ago they were $149.99...   This store will never learn 

People were saying the trade promos have been stacking weird. Would I not be getting ($25*1.4)+($30-$25) = $40 for Metro & Jump Force if I wanted to trade towards Devil May Cry 5? The 2 promos would be extra 20% towards DMC5 and the "guaranteed $30 for Metro Exodus & Jump Force".

What im interested in is why they took the ability to check to see if these Xbox consoles are in stock anywhere and I swear they are told not to pick up the damn phones in the store...

I also see the base OG Xbox one is now up to $199.99 used when less than a month ago they were $149.99... This store will never learn
If demand is up & supply is down, why not raise the price back? If you read GS Reddit, most stores are low or completely out of either XB1’s or PS4’s. I know my main store is out of ALL PS4’s other than new/used Pro’s.

If I just purchased the Division 2: Gold Edition from the store tonight, does that mean I'll qualify for the $10 bonus?
Yes it should. It did take until today though for mine to show up (did the Monday night release.)

It does expire on the 28th, so hopefully you’re using it in Sekuro or one of the 20 games coming out on the 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back