2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the odds they take my Xbox one x with my controller that is missing the battery back plate thing?
They probably won’t. If they do, they will hit you with a massive refurb fee. Just buy a replacement off of Amazon for $5. It can be generic.

People were saying the trade promos have been stacking weird. Would I not be getting ($25*1.4)+($30-$25) = $40 for Metro & Jump Force if I wanted to trade towards Devil May Cry 5? The 2 promos would be extra 20% towards DMC5 and the "guaranteed $30 for Metro Exodus & Jump Force".
Those promos would not stack--you can only get 20% bonus towards DMC5 or $30 guaranteed for each. The only promo that stacks with other promos is the Elite/Pro bonus that is based on the base TIV.

Because both of those games have a $25 base, you would get the same amount with either promo:

Towards DMC5: $25 + $5 (20% promo) + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite) = $32.50/$35

Guaranteed $30, not towards anything: $25 + $5 (boost to $30) + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite) = $32.50/$35

can i buy far cry new dawn and return it and get the 10 dollars power up rewards points still
Why are you always asking for shady shit? Would it really be worth your time to go to a store to buy something, then go back again to return it? You could probably make $10 masturbating on camera and save yourself the trouble of even going to the store.

Why are you always asking for shady shit? Would it really be worth your time to go to a store to buy something, then go back again to return it? You could probably make $10 masturbating on camera and save yourself the trouble of even going to the store.
Doubt it. Too many people doing that for free for this guy to make $10.

In all seriousness though I have Division 2 pre-ordered and I liked the beta, but turns out none of my friends are going to pick it up and I am still playing Devil May Cry 5 and getting Sekiro next week so trying to decide if it's worth it for me to get Division 2 which if I factor in the $10 reward that I can then use next for Sekiro that I'd only be spending like $40 out of pocket.

Yes it should. It did take until today though for mine to show up (did the Monday night release.)

It does expire on the 28th, so hopefully you’re using it in Sekuro or one of the 20 games coming out on the 26th.
Hmmm... I only got a $5 reward cert, and I purchased the Gold Steelbook

Saw this sign at my local gamestop, got distracted and forgot to ask if it was live.

0kCjkuJl.jpg

Full size giant pic here: https://i.imgur.com/0kCjkuJ.jpg

Can't quite make out the line at the bottom, it could be just an accidental hold over from last time.

Edit: just checked the gamestop trade page, and it's not on there.

But is elite free shipping working
It's not working for me, I've logged out / cleared cache / cookies and still don't have free elite shipping. Heck I don't even have free value shipping, could be because I'm in Hawaii. But free elite expedited shipping was working prior to February 1st 2019 as I had ordered tons of games over the holidays.

It's not working for me, I've logged out / cleared cache / cookies and still don't have free elite shipping. Heck I don't even have free value shipping, could be because I'm in Hawaii. But free elite expedited shipping was working prior to February 1st 2019 as I had ordered tons of games over the holidays.
Works just fine for me. I placed an order yesterday and just added another game today to check

Haven’t seen a bump like this in a while. Lots of wii/ds games that have pretty good values. Too bad it’s not tag sale season yet for me, but I should be able to take advantage of this bump.

Here's a small flip for you guys if you have Pro/Elite:

CoD: Black Ops Collection 1-3 (PS3): New $14.97 => Trade for $15 / 16.50 / 18

You can trade the disc separate and make more:

CoD: Black Ops 1 & 2 Combo (PS3): $15 / 16.50 / 18

CoD: Black Ops 3 (PS3): $2 / 2.20 / 2.40

What if you trade in a lot (like over $200 worth) towards division or something for the bonus 20%? Do you get the bonus for all items, or would it be just for the games that first got you up to the $60 price of the division?

What if you trade in a lot (like over $200 worth) towards division or something for the bonus 20%? Do you get the bonus for all items, or would it be just for the games that first got you up to the $60 price of the division?
It works even on everything in the transaction as long as something goes toward the specific game eligible for the bonus.

Man, did not expect them to bump up jump force today. Traded in yesterday for $35 using guaranteed $30 + elite. Could get $42 now if I had waited and used +20% for d2 or sekiro.

Man, did not expect them to bump up jump force today. Traded in yesterday for $35 using guaranteed $30 + elite. Could get $42 now if I had waited and used +20% for d2 or sekiro.
Just wondering how you would get $42.... isn't the base 30 and with the 20% it would be $36.... no?

Edit: nevermind i figured it out. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back