2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a trade in on Saturday and my points haven't shown yet. It's usually the next day for me. Could just be a system thing.
None of my trade points have posted since March 31st. Purchases show up fine. I also noticed that shortly towards the end if the day on the 31st, the PUR system went down for the rest of the day. It's possible they were related.

Hmm if you already pre ordered mk11 before this promo would you basically get the b2g1 free once u pick it up or u gotta pre order at this time?

Honestly gamestop’s new program ain’t bad especially for those who want to beat short games for $2-3 tax depending on where you live.

Hmm if you already pre ordered mk11 before this promo would you basically get the b2g1 free once u pick it up or u gotta pre order at this time?

Honestly gamestop’s new program ain’t bad especially for those who want to beat short games for $2-3 tax depending on where you live.
I doubt they'll do this for short games. It'll probably only be a few select games every couple months that need more than 2 days to finish.

$2-3 tax on $60? Where do you live? Cleveland, Ohio we pay 8% sales tax; on $60 that's $4.80. Redbox if you can actually find the game available would be a better deal than trying to take advantage of this promo.

For the Mortal Kombat 11 B2G1 free on preorder, anybody have any idea how this works? Can we double dip on this?

1. I was thinking of preordering MK11

2. B2G1 free = Buy 3 switch games. 

3. Trade 3 switch games in for another preorder of MK11 (get an additional 20% trade)

4. Get another B2G1 free = Buy 3 switch games

4. Trading back in the 3 switch games and the extra MK11 copy.

I doubt it will work, but I'm keeping my hopes up.

For the Mortal Kombat 11 B2G1 free on preorder, anybody have any idea how this works? Can we double dip on this?

1. I was thinking of preordering MK11

2. B2G1 free = Buy 3 switch games.

3. Trade 3 switch games in for another preorder of MK11 (get an additional 20% trade)

4. Get another B2G1 free = Buy 3 switch games

4. Trading back in the 3 switch games and the extra MK11 copy.

I doubt it will work, but I'm keeping my hopes up.
You get the coupon after the game has been purchased... so obviously, they won't be taking preorders anymore.

I know it was mentioned before, but here are the details.

i1lddx.png

*PowerUp Rewards Cash Offer: Reward cash valid 4/14/19 - 5/5/19 and will be visible within 72 hours following qualifying purchase. Must be a PowerUp Rewards Member to receive reward cash. See associate for details.
I received a $10 code in my active offers today. I ordered 2 pre-owned games on 4/14 that are being delivered today.

I'm thinking there is something off with the prestige store I frequent. It doesn't give you the PUR rewards for trades (have to call in) and now I've found the used stock to be off too. Was looking for a used copy of COD WWII (it's $9.99 this week) for the PS4 and it didn't show being in stock at that store. Stopped in to look at other games (had that $5 used credit PUR coupon burning to be redeemed) and they had like 5 copies of the game. 😕

I'm thinking there is something off with the prestige store I frequent. It doesn't give you the PUR rewards for trades (have to call in) and now I've found the used stock to be off too. Was looking for a used copy of COD WWII (it's $9.99 this week) for the PS4 and it didn't show being in stock at that store. Stopped in to look at other games (had that $5 used credit PUR coupon burning to be redeemed) and they had like 5 copies of the game.
Sounds like their POS is not updating properly. Maybe this can be communicated to corporate somehow?

Did your total before taxes have to exceed $50? I see two $24.99 games I want but I'm afraid it won't count after my elite is applied.
Sorry idk. I ordered 2x $45 last gen games using the buy one get one 50% deal. My subtotal (after elite and 50% off the second title was $53.99.

Guess this also confirmed that the $10 cert deal stacks with the b1g1 50% off last gen deal.

I am confuse about this...so do i preorder it and do pick up online on the app or do i preorder this at the store to get the coupon? But I also want to get the 20 percent for trading in games towards it.

attachicon.gif
iii.jpg
Think this is pretty straightforward, preorder online using the pick up in store option. I don't think preordering it instore will trigger the coupon. Otherwise why put that 'using pick up in store' wording in the ad at the end?

damn what last gen games are selling for $45?? i know it's gamestop but...
A bunch are selling for that and more... NCAA Basketball 10 on PS3 and 360; NCAA FB on PS3 and 360; Afrika on PS3; Spyro Dawn of the Dragon on PS3 and 360; some 1st party Wii games...

That's just what I remember

Sorry idk. I ordered 2x $45 last gen games using the buy one get one 50% deal. My subtotal (after elite and 50% off the second title was $53.99.

Guess this also confirmed that the $10 cert deal stacks with the b1g1 50% off last gen deal.
What is this b1g1 50% off deal?? Is this still going on? Haven't heard about this one.

Elite Pro member and a store near me finally got a refurbished white PS4 Pro. Been wanting to trade my Spider-Man Pro for a white one for a long time.

From the current console promo, it’s:

$360 for used white PS4P
-$250 trade in for my red PS4P
=$110 to change my consoles color

Am I being stupid about paying $110 for a different color? I’ve honestly grown to hate the Spider-Man PS4P and I’ve always wanted a white one.

Elite Pro member and a store near me finally got a refurbished white PS4 Pro. Been wanting to trade my Spider-Man Pro for a white one for a long time.

$360 for used white PS4P

Am I being stupid about paying $110 for a different color? I’ve honestly grown to hate the Spider-Man PS4P and I’ve always wanted a white one.
I would try to sell the Spiderman pro on offer up or eBay as it's fairly sought after.

$360 for used white PS4P

I almost feel your Spiderman PS4 is worth more to a collector. Did you try selling outright for $300? People love to collect - I am one of them.

At the end of the day, it's your money. If your satisfied, all that matters.

Is there a way to cancel preorders without going into a store? I was gonna pre-order something for the 20% bonus then cancel it but making two trips kinda sucks. 

I would try to sell the Spiderman pro on offer up or eBay as it's fairly sought after.
I almost feel your Spiderman PS4 is worth more to a collector. Did you try selling outright for $300? People love to collect - I am one of them.
At the end of the day, it's your money. If your satisfied, all that matters.
If $300 is the upper limit I have to wonder if the $50 is worth the hassle. I’ll post and see. Thanks for the advice guys.

On the other hand, I’m still kinda hurt on trading my Red Mario Odyssey Switch last year for $250. That red color was awesome.

$360 for used white PS4P

I’m trying to sell a white PS4 Pro on OfferUp now, would be willing to trade with you if you’d like. I’ll DM you.

So, I've got a n00b question despite doing this for going on three years now. I already pre-ordered Days Gone, and put down the minimum $5. If I do a trade-in and put more towards it or outright pay the balance, will that trigger the 20% bonus?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

$360 for used white PS4P

HAHAHA, actually Lol'd at this one. You're throwing over $100 away just to have a different color PS4. Hopefully this is a lesson not to flock out to buy a "limited edition" console because "itz suh koooool"

$360 for used white PS4P

In terms of functionality the Spider-Man is a 7200 model that runs slightly quieter than the 7100 White Pros (which were GS exclusive.)

I sold my White Pro for $500 on Amazon in November to buy the 7200 Pro for the improvements, but I don’t know what they go for now.

If $300 is the upper limit I have to wonder if the $50 is worth the hassle. I’ll post and see. Thanks for the advice guys.

On the other hand, I’m still kinda hurt on trading my Red Mario Odyssey Switch last year for $250. That red color was awesome.
If you’re in NC I’ll do a straight swap of a white for a spider-man

In terms of functionality the Spider-Man is a 7200 model that runs slightly quieter than the 7100 White Pros (which were GS exclusive.)

I sold my White Pro for $500 on Amazon in November to buy the 7200 Pro for the improvements, but I don’t know what they go for now.
Spider-man PS4 Pro is a 7100. The 7200 first came out with RDR2 Bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back