2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the tip on trading 1 day only here in California. Hard not to pass up dumping some backlog games for more than I had originally purchased them for.

That said..how are people racking up so much PUR points? Is PUR multiplier even higher for Elite than Pro? Did $123 in trade-ins yesterday and I think that results in almost 2500 points..not the much larger numbers people are talking about.
Those of us with Elite get 30 points per dollar spent/traded vs 20. If you boomerang stuff (which was insane yesterday and during the weekend SB) you rack up points super quickly.

You can only use rewards coupons together if they are different denominations. So like a $10, a $20, and a $50 will work fine together.
I wasn't sure if these were different since they weren't redeemed with points (they were from a PO purchase promo). It was a question that had been asked multiple times but never answered

Was the mask cool? I didn't even try to get on because I expected a plastic halloween style pos.
It's ok. Not bad for free

It's very easy to do if you know what you're looking for, and I live in a major metro area
Yeah its just about consistency and knowing what to look for. Coincidently, the trade values on small stuff like memory cards has been decent so I've been picking them up at a dollar or so and pop and trading them in for $10-15 with the 1.7 bump. FYI, I asked the rep in my store in CA and he said the 50% bump goes until 5/12.

I wasn't sure if these were different since they weren't redeemed with points (they were from a PO purchase promo). It was a question that had been asked multiple times but never answered
Yea, all cash certificates that take a dollar amount off work the same as the PUR rewards certificates.

Pre-ordered and paid completely MK11 yesterday for switch. Meant to go pick up last night, but ended up getting it this morning.

I wasn’t offered a mask or a poster, and the b2g1 was not printed on my first receipt from yesterday, or the second receipt I received when I picked it up this morning.

Granted I’m an introvert and didn’t ask about it... Do you think the b2g1 will appear in active offers? Or did I basically miss out by not speaking up?

Gamestop has been relatively clutch lately. Hoping that continues.

Thanks for the people mentioning retro consoles. $24 for gameboy color seems good. I have a few I picked up dirt cheap on credit back when GS was clearing out its GB/GBC. The circle will be complete.

Pre-ordered and paid completely MK11 yesterday for switch. Meant to go pick up last night, but ended up getting it this morning.
I wasn’t offered a mask or a poster, and the b2g1 was not printed on my first receipt from yesterday, or the second receipt I received when I picked it up this morning.
Granted I’m an introvert and didn’t ask about it... Do you think the b2g1 will appear in active offers? Or did I basically miss out by not speaking up?
Same. Preordered on Sunday and just got back from picking up my copy and there's no b2g1 on either receipt. I currently don't have a Pro membership, but I doubt thag would affect the b2g1.

In the same transaction that you completed paying off MK11, you could add 3 pre-owned games and the 3rd one rang up for free. That was the first B2G1 opportunity.

Secondly, everyone who picked up their MK11 yesterday is supposed to be getting a B2G1 in their active offers "soon."

Both opportunities were only good for yesterday, supposedly. Thats why I scrambled to get to the 9 pm release last night.

In the same transaction that you completed paying off MK11, you could add 3 pre-owned games and the 3rd one rang up for free. That was the first B2G1 opportunity.

Secondly, everyone who picked up their MK11 yesterday is supposed to be getting a B2G1 in their active offers "soon."

Both opportunities were only good for yesterday, supposedly. Thats why I scrambled to get to the 9 pm release last night.
here is the full verbage that i copied from reddit

FULL VERBAGE:

B2G1 Launch Offer: Beginning Monday, 4/22, and running through Sunday, 4/28, any guest who purchases Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone may also take advantage of a Buy 2, Get 1 Free offer on any pre-owned games. No additional action is required of associates or the guest; As long as a copy of Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone exists on the same transaction with three pre-owned games, your POS will automatically reduce the cost of the lowest priced pre-owned game to $0.

2. PUR Bounceback Coupon: Additionally, any PowerUp Rewards member who purchases Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone between 4/22 and 4/28 will receive a Buy 2, Get 1 Free bounceback coupon for any pre-owned games on 4/29. This coupon will appear in the guest’s Active Offers in their PUR account details, and will be available to redeem for a limited time.

TLDR Purchase or pre-sell (not preorder) MK11 or Days Gone and POS will automatically give b2g1 preowned on the same transaction. 1 set per copy of the game. Additionally, a bounceback b2g1 offer will appear on 4/29.

So, anyone that purchased MK11 and were told otherwise were misinformed. The offer still exists until 4/28, but the bump and boom was yesterday only. Now it should be, buy and hold til next month.

So basically anyone who picks it up today won't get the b2g1 applied in the same transaction?

B2G1 Launch Offer: Beginning Monday, 4/22, and running through Sunday, 4/28, any guest who purchases Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone may also take advantage of a Buy 2, Get 1 Free offer on any pre-owned games. No additional action is required of associates or the guest; As long as a copy of Mortal Kombat 11 or Days Gone exists on the same transaction with three pre-owned games, your POS will automatically reduce the cost of the lowest priced pre-owned game to $0.

Some pretty good retro console values, the one that caught my eye is $40 cash for a Gamecube. I could barely sell them before for half that. They are around 60-70 on eBay but you are going to pretty much get what Gamestop gives after shipping/fees. I noticed they have them on their site for $125 which seems insane lol. Some other decent values are most older gameboys, snes, and dreamcast.

I am lucky and have a few 50% extra stores close so i'll be converting my points to credit later along with a trade in or two.
Beware the 50% stores have that promo b/c state/local law doesn’t allow same cash as credit; plus that promo percentage is only on store credit, not cash trades.

went to gamestop today and saw they had the two $15 games for $20 deal got

aegis of earth for vita complete

drive girls for vita complete

vita complete
Amazing. My store's "vita section" is a small cardboard box of gs generic cases that they pull out of a drawer upon request.

To those asking about the $10 cert from last week.. I got mine ~2 days after the transaction. I made a point to buy a total over $50 in one transaction just to be sure. If it hasn't shown up in Active offers by now, you probably won't be getting it apart from a call to the stellar customer service line.

Beware the 50% stores have that promo b/c state/local law doesn’t allow same cash as credit; plus that promo percentage is only on store credit, not cash trades.
I’m aware, I’m lucky and have cash stores and no cash stores within 5-10 minutes of me. So games/accessories go to one and systems go to the other.

Got an email from my Days Gone preorder stating that if purchased at GS it can be traded in for full price within 48 hours. Here's the fine print:

*Offer expires 4/28/19. Offer valid on Days Gone only. Only valid on standard edition of new release priced at $59.99. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
If it didn't take me weeks to finish games I might jump on this.

I wonder if you even need to buy days gone from GameStop to take advantage of this. Will have to see if it's an "active offer" or just for everybody.

I just picked picked up MK11 and B2G1 free in the same transaction. It works

Picked up MK11 and got the small double-sided Johnny Cage poster as the freebie. Passed on doing the B2G1 free in the same transaction because I couldn't think of anything I really wanted.

So it's even worse than normal so far. Like I've said earlier, my points always post the next day or they just don't ever show up, and this time I only got about 1/4th of the the total, including none of the trade ins (AGAIN) and several of the purchases. Also have a secondary account that had 1 purcahse and one trade but again the trade is missing. Really hating their new system. Not looking forward to trying to get these back from CS...
Did you go to a Prestige store and did you give them your phone # or scan your PUR card? I went to one of my regular stores yesterday and had them scan my PUR card and received my points today. I only did trade ins and received all of my points.

Freaking Redbox l won't take my credit cards...
This was by far my biggest frustration of this weekend. Even if I ordered the game from the Redbox app, very quickly both the app and the kiosks themselves wouldn't take my cards. I swear it was going just by last name and bank by the end, shooting them all down.

It seemed like it was time based though, to where if you spread out your purchases over 2-3 days, you might have better luck.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

I wonder if you even need to buy days gone from GameStop to take advantage of this. Will have to see if it's an "active offer" or just for everybody.
Offer expires 4/28/19 for customers who select Day One shipping or Pick Up at Store and 5/2/19 for customers who select all other shipping methods. Offer valid on physical copies of Days Gone only. Only valid on standard edition of new release priced at $59.99. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Coupon required. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Offer expires 4/28/19 for customers who select Day One shipping or Pick Up at Store and 5/2/19 for customers who select all other shipping methods. Offer valid on physical copies of Days Gone only. Only valid on standard edition of new release priced at $59.99. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Coupon required. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Ah thanks, previous post of terms did not say coupon required

im actually having trouble understanding why gamestop would do this weird thing theyre doing with days gone

whats the endgame

im actually having trouble understanding why gamestop would do this weird thing theyre doing with days gone

whats the endgame
I really hope it isnt because Days Gone is gonna suck and this is their way of trying to avoid another Fallout 76 problem (person knocking Dow. The card racm)

whats the endgame
it is the smartest thing GameStop has done in awhile for a few reasons. It gives people a reason to preorder at GameStop over anywhere else. When people trade in, gamestop is going to resell that used game for only 10% less than retail while also having those people on the hook to come back in the store a second or third time to use that trade credit. If they use the trade credit at all. No other retail will/can do this. It is a huge value-added service.

On a side note, Days Gone has always kind of looked like a stinker to me. Is anyone even hyped for this game?

Im confused, so is there a coupon for B2G1 after you buy Days gone or do you buy the games when you pick up Days Gone? Not really that hyped for the game, but with a 70% store and the B2G1 coupon Gamestop is basically paying me to rent the game for 2 weeks I'll give it a shot. 

On a side note, Days Gone has always kind of looked like a stinker to me. Is anyone even hyped for this game?
I'm excited and can't wait to play it when Target ships it out (preordered during a previous B2G1). Have you seen how it handles snow?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVRGYkRSLeY

I'm excited and can't wait to play it when Target ships it out (preordered during a previous B2G1). Have you seen how it handles snow?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVRGYkRSLeY
Don't get me wrong - I am sure I will like the game. There is just no wow factor for me. The horde of running zombies concept is cool, but I don't see a whole game out of it. The story exposition that was given to us is a bit lacking. It is going to be an uphill battle to compete with RE and Last of Us in terms of memorable story/gameplay.

This Days Gone promo is too confusing. If I use PUR certs to buy the game, plus I get a B2G1 in the same transaction, don't PUR certs usually not work when doing a B2G1 deal? When do they give you the credit coupon, when you pick up the game or when you pre order the game? TIA

This Days Gone promo is too confusing. If I use PUR certs to buy the game, plus I get a B2G1 in the same transaction, don't PUR certs usually not work when doing a B2G1 deal? When do they give you the credit coupon, when you pick up the game or when you pre order the game?
If you use a PUR cert to lower the cost of Days Gone specifically, it won't affect the B2G1 at all; the only issue would be if you used a PUR preowned-discount cert on a game from the B2G1 set. Case in point: I bought a copy of Mortal Kombat 11 yesterday along with 3 games for the B2G1, used a $10 cert on MK11, and the B2G1 was unaffected while MK11 dropped to $50.

You will supposedly get the future B2G1 coupon a few days later in your account's Active Offers, and you don't need to have preordered the game, just bought a copy by 4/28.

Since it’s scac and I have more stuff to sell, what is the limit on cash I can receive during this period? I’m close to $500 and I don’t want my account to be banned. But I also have more stuff trade in for cash. I found this to be an easy way to dump all my extra retro consoles and still have a couple more to sell off.

Since it’s scac and I have more stuff to sell, what is the limit on cash I can receive during this period? I’m close to $500 and I don’t want my account to be banned. But I also have more stuff trade in for cash. I found this to be an easy way to dump all my extra retro consoles and still have a couple more to sell off.
You seem to already know that $500 is the limit.

whats the endgame
Getting copies to resell, even if it’s later on. More people buying from GS is potential of more copies traded back in.

The store I shop at is having issues getting current games traded back in. The only 2019 game they’ve had more than 10 copies traded in is Anthem. Everything else is 0-10 copies traded in since release.

Days Gone is not that great.  I've been playing it since Monday. 

It has a weird mission structure.  Little jobs here or there are organized under specific "stories".  But they're not really stories, because there isn't a narrative to them.  Having to always keep a lookout for gas is a pain, because you can be stranded out of nowhere and have to walk back to camp on foot.

The aiming is terrible (compared to something like Uncharted/TLOU), unless you want to be a scrub and put on auto-aim.  You'll have to use Focus to get headshot accuracy.  Besides the opening 5 minutes which shows some promise, the rest of the game after that falls flat very fast.  The voice acting delivery from the main character is bad.  The environments don't really stand out or have memorable landmarks.

As for the good stuff, I suppose the scavenging is okay if that's your thing.  Right now I'm just looking for NERO checkpoints (upgrades) and clearing out Freaker Nests to try and open up fast travel.  I believe the main problem with the game is when they committed to trying to make the horde a thing.  No way you can have great gameplay performance with that many elements attacking you.  The gameplay feels very sluggish in return.  This is a 7/10 max so far.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back