2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Elite Pro and my points from yesterday's trade posted (my first trade in a few weeks). For those of you not earning points on trades, are you Elite Pro?
I'm Pro. Just remember to save your receipts and get your points. They might try to jew you and say we dont do it anymore and that is incorrect just hang up and find a good indian

No one has mentioned this yet, but Gamestop had their Q1 earnings report today...and they missed their revenue projections and killed their divided. Stock is tanking even further and is now in the 5 dollar range after hours...

Adjusted earnings actually weren't that bad either.
Jesus even lower than the 7 it was closing at Friday

Hardware sales hurt them the most and they cannot control when new hardware releases. I think they should close low performing stores (there are 3 within a mile in my area) and consider a game rental service (e.g., 1 game a month out at a time for $8/month, 2/$12/month, etc.). I know there's GamePass from Microsoft but the selection is limited and requires hefty downloads. 

They are a middleman company (much like Blockbuster) and the Internet/digital age destroys middlemen that don't produce content and/or provide additional value.

No one has mentioned this yet, but Gamestop had their Q1 earnings report today...and they missed their revenue projections and killed their divided. Stock is tanking even further and is now in the 5 dollar range after hours...
Adjusted earnings actually weren't that bad either.
That's why most of their executives "resigned" when they internally saw the data

Hardware sales hurt them the most and they cannot control when new hardware releases. I think they should close low performing stores (there are 3 within a mile in my area) and consider a game rental service (e.g., 1 game a month out at a time for $8/month, 2/$12/month, etc.). I know there's GamePass from Microsoft but the selection is limited and requires hefty downloads.

They are a middleman company (much like Blockbuster) and the Internet/digital age destroys middlemen that don't produce content and/or provide additional value.
They tried that rental service a year or 2 ago. It tanked so hard that they killed it after like a week or so

This is weird. I suddenly got hit with a trade limit. I made sure I didn't go over 4 per SKU. I suppose it is a bit weird when I go trade in 1 x beast quest PS4 and 1 x beast quest for Xbox one they suddenly ask for receipt. How long does this last?

Wow some games actually increased when the "bump" went away. Two I noticed are Fight Night Champion for 360 (10->12) and Minecraft 360 (7->8). I am sure a few other games did the same thing. Very weak. Skyrim Switch was another.

Yeah it is a little wierd. Only flip I did was 4 x UFC Xbox, 4 x UFC ps4, 2 x nfs Xbox and 1 nfs PS4. And then the beast quest today. The rest of the trade in are my original stuff. Given the unclear future of GameStop might not be too bad. Anyway, how long does this last also do they ban my ID or my account from trade in.

Yeah it is a little wierd. Only flip I did was 4 x UFC Xbox, 4 x UFC ps4, 2 x nfs Xbox and 1 nfs PS4. And then the beast quest today. The rest of the trade in are my original stuff. Given the unclear future of GameStop might not be too bad. Anyway, how long does this last also do they ban my ID or my account from trade in.
Just the account will be banned. Can last up to 90 days, Did you go over the trade limits?

Na I made sure I didn't go over 4 per sku.  Maybe i will ask my friend to help me trade in the open copy of tjhe beast quest i got.  I only know that 4 hours after i trade in my beast quests when i was being ask for receipts, i got notification of trade limit

Wow some games actually increased when the "bump" went away. Two I noticed are Fight Night Champion for 360 (10->12) and Minecraft 360 (7->8). I am sure a few other games did the same thing. Very weak. Skyrim Switch was another.
how did u find out about them games..did u just randomly search them??

Na I made sure I didn't go over 4 per sku. Maybe i will ask my friend to help me trade in the open copy of tjhe beast quest i got. I only know that 4 hours after i trade in my beast quests when i was being ask for receipts, i got notification of trade limit
I have noticed lately that all Gamestops that I go to watch my account closely. They probably saw that you traded in 4 copies of one game the next day that you went (today).

Did you trade these all at different stores and on the same day?

Yeah, the "bump" was impressive. It brought Twilight Princess HD down to $13. It is now back up to its pre-bump level of $18 :roll:

Guess 3 month break form trading i guess. Too bad i will miss the july trade in deal.
You could open another account with a passport and different info. Others have more experience in this department than me. Just avoid that same employee and store that you went to that caused this problem if possible.

Is this the same GameStop? They might just be giving you shit because it's the same game. Can you try a different GameStop?

Na, yesterday i took in 1 x ufc xbox and 1 x ufc ps4, ni no kuni 2 etc Today it is Beast quest xbox oen and beast quest ps4
If you actually did nothing to get banned over - you can ask a store manager to contact the LP manager of your district to attempt to get the ban lifted. You probably don't want to miss the big July trade promo... if it happens.

Yeah i will just avoid that store.  Well, to gamestop we are probably all really bad customer lol.  I am 100% sure i didn;t go over the limit of 4 per sku.... BUT probably don't want them to see me buy 4 x of ufc of both system and boomerang then lol.  

If you actually did nothing to get banned over - you can ask a store manager to contact the LP manager of your district to attempt to get the ban lifted. You probably don't want to miss the big July trade promo... if it happens.
It may happen, I'm very curious what the trade in values will be at.

Yeah i will just avoid that store. Well, to gamestop we are probably all really bad customer lol. I am 100% sure i didn;t go over the limit of 4 per sku.... BUT probably don't want them to see me buy 4 x of ufc of both system and boomerang then lol.

If you have store in a different district close to you outside the city limits or in cities that don’t have pawn shop laws you can trade in at these stores and they don’t require a DL. Just your name and pro card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you have store in a different district close to you outside the city limits or in cities that don’t have pawn shop laws you can trade in at these stores and they don’t require a DL. Just your name and pro card.

I through this is account trade ban not id ban?

It looks like it is an ID trade limit ban. If you find a store that doesn’t require an ID you will still be able to trade.

IIRC, gamestop outside city of Chicago don't check id. I guess i can call and find out before going. Still got 2 copy of Beast Quesr ps4 to unload

IIRC, gamestop outside city of Chicago don't check id. I guess i can call and find out before going. Still got 2 copy of Beast Quesr ps4 to unload
I wouldn’t call, if store is not that far and you know they don’t ask for ID then either you will have a successful trade or worst case employee will tell you the same thing the last store did.

Since you're trading in multiple copies ...

First time I was banned I had traded in 4 copies of Mario vs. Rabbids on Switch. I also traded in 4 copies of Mario Kart 8 on Switch. One of the Mario Karts didn't have a case. I pulled up my receipts after I found out I was banned and saw that the last store I traded in MK8 & MvRabbids had MK8 listed twice on the receipt, so they accidentally got me banned by making it 5 copies of MvRabbids and only 3 of MK8.

Since you're trading in multiple copies ...

First time I was banned I had traded in 4 copies of Mario vs. Rabbids on Switch. I also traded in 4 copies of Mario Kart 8 on Switch. One of the Mario Karts didn't have a case. I pulled up my receipts after I found out I was banned and saw that the last store I traded in MK8 & MvRabbids had MK8 listed twice on the receipt, so they accidentally got me banned by making it 5 copies of MvRabbids and only 3 of MK8.
How was it even possible to trade in more than one of the same game/sku? Much less 4

Secondly why would you do something so silly and reckless as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back