2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
where do u see this?
There was a 1 or 2 page flyer I picked up that was for "Days of Play" that showed all the stuff on sale, and on the back of the flyer it had the tiered trade promo for trading towards a Switch (i.e. the PS4 Pro/X1X had the highest trade value, the X1S and PS4 had $200, and the fat X1 had the lowest TIV). Can't remember what they were giving for the highest tier or lowest tier, but know the X1S was $200 as I have an X1S).

When does this start?
Not sure. It was in the "Days of Play" flyer in store, so I assume yesterday (i.e. on 6/7). Didn't take the ad with me unfortunately.

Just because it's "days of play" and on sale you can't use the store pickup/hold for Days Gone or is it really not in stock when both the app and website say it is?

Just because it's "days on play" and on sale you can't use the store pickup/hold for Days Gone or is it really not in stock when both the app and website say it is?
I would just call and ask which store has it and put it on hold that way. I wanted to get the green dualshock and it was not showing as in store anywhere near me, but the gamestop nearest to me had it when I went in person.

when was the last time gamestop had a good trade in deal on accessories? I'm sitting on like 25 controllers here...

when was the last time gamestop had a good trade in deal on accessories? I'm sitting on like 25 controllers here...
The best they do is the CSAC deals at the non-CSAC stores. (50% bonus) Next most regular bump is Prestige Day 10% boost.

You should hit them up on twitter, or if you prefer call. They will almost never (and I mean never, tested) answer support emails.
I got a response about a month later and they said something I had ordered a year prior showed as delivered. Had nothing to do with the order # on the item I had asked about (UPS lost it). I had to do a chargeback with my credit card company because phone wait times were 1 hr +

I got a response about a month later and they said something I had ordered a year prior showed as delivered. Had nothing to do with the order # on the item I had asked about (UPS lost it). I had to do a chargeback with my credit card company because phone wait times were 1 hr +
Yeah, for sure, they are clueless. This is why I say twitter, as I had my issue dealt with fairly quickly through direct messages after tweeting at them.

To receive the extra $5 does the game have to be over a certain amount of trade value?
:whistle2:

GET $5 BONUS TRADE CREDIT ON ANY XBOX ONE, PS4, AND NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES
Offer valid for Xbox One, PS4, and Switch game trades only. Game must have a minimum value of $2.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

I've tried 8 or 9 times to purchase digital PlayStation and Xbox gift codes on the website with my GameStop gift card, and it won't work.  Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and can provide a solution other than going to a GameStop store?  I'm not in the mood for someone trying to upsell me today.

I've tried 8 or 9 times to purchase digital PlayStation and Xbox gift codes on the website with my GameStop gift card, and it won't work. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and can provide a solution other than going to a GameStop store? I'm not in the mood for someone trying to upsell me today.
What error are you getting?

Couldn't tell you what the number is or if there is one. It just keeps saying that my shipping address doesn't match the billing address that I have on file.
I always have the same problem trying to order any digital code no mater if it is a game or a gift card. I gave up trying to go through support and just go to a store.

If I trade in both FIFA and Madden, so I get the extra $5 boost on both, or should I do separate transactions, or is it a one time thing per account?

If I trade in both FIFA and Madden, so I get the extra $5 boost on both, or should I do separate transactions, or is it a one time thing per account?
Take them in disc only or in generic cases and do them in the same transaction you will get $5 bonus on each of them.

Recent Conversions from New to Used...

:ps4: The Occupation $17.99
:xb1: The Occupation $17.99
:ps4: Gungrave VR: Loaded Coffin Edition $17.99
:ps4: Genesis: Alpha One $17.99
:xb1: Genesis: Alpha One $17.99

Price Drop:
:vita: Code Realize: Future Blessings $9.99

I'm not sure also if this was a recent conversion, but I picked up a used copy of :ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided that was super clean. The same store had a mint :ps3: Aliens Vs. Predator Steelbook and a :ps3: Mafia II Collector's Edition with the extras sealed as well :D/
Add The Council (season pass disc) to that list.

"GET $200 TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF A SWITCH WHEN YOU TRADE A PS4 SLIM, PS4 ORIGINAL, OR XBOX ONE S" 

Is up now on the trade page, good trade in price for the Xbox one S. Combine with the extra 25% off 2+ any pre-owned games with the purchase of a new console.

Any decent flips back to BB? I have some 4k blu rays that I would like to get from them.
Those days are long gone. I always see people on here doing BB to GS flips and think that it sounds wrong because it needs to be the other way around (GS to BB).

If you eat at Olive Garden, do the survey on the receipt. I was invited to e-rewards surveys which pay out in Best Buy and Gamestop credit.

Had quite a few games not match the site/app trying to trade in a few minutes ago. Pulled up the games in store in the app and did not match the PIN screen math. Affected at least Asto Bot, My Hero One's Justice and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2.

At first they tried to play it off as the app already having promotions applied, but I pointed out the math discrepancy with that theory, as I had other games that calculated correctly.

Claimed they could not override and called a district leader who confirmed.

Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back