2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the damn 1000th time, don’t use that link man. It literally erases your points and credit to your account
I find it curious how he remembers that it exists but somehow missed the waves of people warning/saying/yelling about how no one should ever use it, any time it is mentioned.

is there any good to doing the surveys on the receipts i get? so far i done 3 from 3 different stores in the past few weeks and didnt get  nothing am i supposed to be getting something?

Let them know you gave them good surveys. The point of doing them, aside from helping the store get prestige, is for them to connect you to good surveys which help them stay on GS's good side.
Is it ever a good idea to do a bad/negative survey. I fail to see the benefit. If you do all good surveys it increases your chances of more prestige stores in your area. Negative surveys remove the prestige so fewer prestige stores for prestige day.

I often see references to burning someone on a survey but who does that benefit?

Is it ever a good idea to do a bad/negative survey. I fail to see the benefit. If you do all good surveys it increases your chances of more prestige stores in your area. Negative surveys remove the prestige so fewer prestige stores for prestige day.

I often see references to burning someone on a survey but who does that benefit?
By getting rid of -or- disciplining bad employees to improve, they will receive more positive surveys as a result.

...and having a-hole employees at a prestige store severely limits what you can do on Prestige Day.

And a chance to win some GS GC if done in 72 hours? I think a $50 one? Has ANYONE here ever won one. I don't think I have ever seen anyone here on CAG claim to have won one.
I vaguely recall reading someone saying they won. Maybe it was on the reddit?

By getting rid of -or- disciplining bad employees to improve, they will receive more positive surveys as a result.

...and having a-hole employees at a prestige store severely limits what you can do on Prestige Day.

Kind of hard to have a Prestige Day if you have a-hole employees. Sooo...

IF you get it, big IF. I had a game I wanted and found it at several other gamestops. the guy at my store called them all, only one agreed to ship it. But as of two weeks later, we still haven't gotten it. there really is absolutely no incentive for them to bother.
got the call that my Endgame Thor GITD Pop and T Shirt combo arrived at the store today so I just went and picked it up. They came through for me. He said that was all that UPS brought to them today and he thought it was an empty box lol

This has probably been asked before, but can you stack coupons?

I have a birthday 20% and a $5 off used game coupon, wanted to stack them with my PUR Discount to get a game.

Can I do it?

Ive done 1 negative survey when a store manager just blatantly refused to process my trade during a 50% bonus and SB and reported me to loss management, which put a hold on my account all weekend. He said I get too much trade credit. I was furious. Its not like I spent the weekend buying stuff at GS to flip, I just had a ton of games that I had accumulated (most were in a case).

I got an email from the district manager who apologized and said the employee was new to his position and would be trained more. She also said I could go to any other store in the district and she would instruct them to manually add the bonus. She gave me her cell phone # in case I had more problems.

That manager is still there and is still a dick to me, but he mostly does his job now, despite the snide remarks he still gives such as "Wow another copy of God of War."

Ive done 1 negative survey when a store manager just blatantly refused to process my trade during a 50% bonus and SB and reported me to loss management, which put a hold on my account all weekend. He said I get too much trade credit. I was furious. Its not like I spent the weekend buying stuff at GS to flip, I just had a ton of games that I had accumulated (most were in a case).

I got an email from the district manager who apologized and said the employee was new to his position and would be trained more. She also said I could go to any other store in the district and she would instruct them to manually add the bonus. She gave me her cell phone # in case I had more problems.

That manager is still there and is still a dick to me, but he mostly does his job now, despite the snide remarks he still gives such as "Wow another copy of God of War."
I think I done it three. Once was when I walked in wanting to buy Astros A40s, This was back in 2013. So they worked on all systems then. Guy knew I was a huge Sony fan and kept pushing me to buy the Sony Elite Pulse Headset. Claiming that's no one knows the difference anyway. IDC how cheaper it's was, I knew what I wanted. He kept talking about how Sony was better than Xbox etc... No point in the buying the XB1. PS4 is way better yada yada. I ended up purchasing a XB1 later on and he belittled me about how, I'm a traitor for wanting to buy Forza 5 and that Gran Turismo is way better. I can't believe you switched sides. GTS was nowhere near being closed to announcement yet at the time too.

Second time, I called and asked what colors controllers do they have in stock. She named off a few. So I said, Can I get the blue one please? Can you put it on hold? Sure. Ok. Thanks! Told my Dad to get the blue one please. Price was only a $5 difference between black and the other colors. So he went down there and I don't remember if he called me there or waited until he got home. But the girl had assumed I wanted a Pre-Owned one. It's was very worn out. They had a sale on controllers at the time too. So it's was like a $5 differences between a New and Used one. No choice honestly lol. So, My Dad called CS and bitched them out. Because the worker at the store kept making excuses about how I said Pre-Owned, then said the return policy was a better choice. But my Dad was in the room and knew I said New.

Third time, Local GS had a pre-owned Blue Crystal PS4 controller. I called and was told they didn't have it. Which I thought was odd. Since the app stated they did. I did a online request, Which got me a email a few later confirming it's ready. So I called again, Spoke to another worker there. Who said yes we got it all ready man, I'll have it on hold for you until store closing. So I rushed over there, and see the girl worker, who told me they didn't have it in, give me a pissy look. Kept staring at me while I was purchasing it and it's was like she was pissed. IDGAF at all. They had ICE at the time, and unfortunately I didn't test the controller in time, because I was trying to collect all crystal controllers. And This one ended up with the L3 glitch issue. So they assumed it's happened on my watch and wouldn't take it back.

This has probably been asked before, but can you stack coupons?

I have a birthday 20% and a $5 off used game coupon, wanted to stack them with my PUR Discount to get a game.

Can I do it?
You should be able to but keep in mind how Gamestop discounts things. It will take the $5 off the original Pre-owned price 1st then 20% off of that price and then you will receive an additional 10/20% off depending upon your Pro/Elite Membership.

So say its $54.99 Used. $5 coupon takes it to $49.99. 20% off takes it to $39.99. Pro/Elite Membership takes it down to $35.99 or $31.99 respectively.

I wrote a negative review a few years ago too. I was returning a new sealed game at about 26 days after purchase. The csr said I only had 7 days to return and wouldnt budge. I walked outside and checked the back of the receipt and sure enough it was printed there for 30 days for unopened games. I went back in to show him and he said it was old receipt paper and wouldnt budge. I just left and returned it to another store about 1 mile away but burned him on the survey. The DM called me but I never returned the call.

I wrote a negative review a few years ago too. I was returning a new sealed game at about 26 days after purchase. The csr said I only had 7 days to return and wouldnt budge. I walked outside and checked the back of the receipt and sure enough it was printed there for 30 days for unopened games. I went back in to show him and he said it was old receipt paper and wouldnt budge. I just left and returned it to another store about 1 mile away but burned him on the survey. The DM called me but I never returned the call.
If the DM calls you.......you're getting a Gift Card

I returned an item clearly within the return range and the employee, without even looking at the receipt or what I was returning, immediately told me that it was too late to return something from some Christmas sale that happened. He eventually processed the return when I showed him how what he said had no bearing on what I was returning. I wonder if they were ordered to deny all returns with that line.

If this is turning into negative survey story time, in 2017 the app said a Wii with Motion Plus adapter traded in for $30. The manager refused to match the app, and traded the Wii for $20 and the adapter separately for $2. I burned him on the survey, got a call and told the DL what happened, and there was a $15 gift card waiting at the store for me. Hilariously enough, I went to another store and used it toward the B2G1 that kickstarted Flipapalooza 2017.

I had a dude try to tell me they couldn't take returns on new products even within the 7 days. I showed him the back of the receipt with the policy clearly printed on it and he told me he'd 'let it go this time'. Like wtf

We could be in for another stealth tank but I hope not. Are there even any good promos to combine with a bump now? I've been holding out for a July promo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back