2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see anyone mention these two 20 dollar things:

Power Rangers Thunder Megazord:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/mighty-morphin-power-ranger-thunder-megazord-action-figure/165556

Power Rangers Tigerzord

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/mighty-morphing-power-rangers-white-tigerzord-figure/165563

My gf lucked out and was able to put on hold and successfully pick up both.

I was surprised they held it as long as they did, my holds always end up problematic in some way.
So these things are like the 90s toys? Man, the nostalgia.

So who else saw tons of those power rangers swords being posted on Facebook marketplace? Lol but damnit I wanted to find one for my collection

I think I'd be down for a Tigerzord or Thunder Megazord. I have a Dragonzord from TRU way back when, but I don't think I'll ever find the Dino Megazord to fit it with.

Lots of Redbox flips
Friday the 13th PS4 is $10.99 at Redbox and gets $15.3 trade credit ($9 base) in trade credit with Elite (assuming its 70% bump over regular)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider PS4 is $12.99 and gets $17 ($10 base)
The Crew 2 PS4 is $14.99 and gets $34 (20 base)
We Happy Few PS4 is $9.99 and gets $15.3 ($9 base)
Sonic Mania Plus PS4 is $12.99 and gets $20.4 ($12 base)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 is $12.99 and gets $17 ($10 base)

I'm sure XBOX one is about the same, but I dont feel like doing them both. There may be some I missed since you can't see prices on games if there are none in stock in your area.
Wish any of the 50% promos were going in Missouri.

Wish any of the 50% promos were going in Missouri.
You sure it isn't? It's in the flyer and on the website. The guys at the three stores I went to the last couple days didn't know about it either, but it works. Just have to buy ANY one pre-owned game and oyu can trade-in as many as you want.

Trying to read old posts to understand what all this extra 50% talk is about but can't figure it out....can someone update with what this is? Is it a CA only thing? I know they get all the good stuff.

Trying to read old posts to understand what all this extra 50% talk is about but can't figure it out....can someone update with what this is? Is it a CA only thing? I know they get all the good stuff.
50% bonus for trades if you also buy any pre-owned product in the same transaction. It stacks with Pro or Elite, but not with other trade offers.

50% bonus for trades if you also buy any pre-owned product in the same transaction. It stacks with Pro or Elite, but not with other trade offers.
Oh wow, so trade in stuff, but ANYTHING preowned, and I get an extra %50 on what was traded in?!? Pretty awesome deal

So these things are like the 90s toys? Man, the nostalgia.
Yeah they're supposedly better quality and more accurate, though we haven't opened ours yet.

Apparently they combine to form one giant thing which is going to be really amusing.

I'm very hopeful for this, the best stuff I've found were at "unauthorized gamestop retro shops".

Being able to see the quality of stuff you buy instead of just blindly buying it is nice.

if the gamestop retro shops are fairly priced I'll be happy, local retro shops here are all grossly overpriced and heavily taking advantage of consumers nostalgia

Fu.ck. What a load of bullshit. We don't need you cutting into our secondary market for retros, Gamestop. Hurry up and die, you trash fire of a company!
Get hypedddd for Gamestop

Thank you for all that you do Gamestop [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gamestop's stock right now? $4.63 a share. The lowest in history for them. Stick a fucking fork in them, they're done. Gamestop is about to be ****ed in the *** without lube and I can't fucking wait!

"As a matter of fact, Gamestop, I would not like to renew my Power Up Rewards membership. I would much rather drive to Gamestop HQ and FIREBOMB IT TO HELL!"

Fu.ck. What a load of bullshit. We don't need you cutting into our secondary market for retros, Gamestop. Hurry up and die, you trash fire of a company!
I've been able to get tons of N64, PS1 and PS2 games much cheaper and as part of a B2G1 because of GameStop. Sorry it's going to hurt people that flip shit from Goodwill, I'm all for this.

I've been able to get tons of N64, PS1 and PS2 games much cheaper and as part of a B2G1 because of GameStop. Sorry it's going to hurt people that flip shit from Goodwill, I'm all for this.

Flip from Goodwill? My local Goodwill doesn’t have shit to flip to GameStop because they price so high. Best I ever get is the occasional 360 or Wii motion plus controller for 6.99 and those are insanely hard to come by.

I agree, I actually think Gamestop's retro program is one of the best ways to get expensive games cheaper. The only downside is their online throws away almost any disc-based games cases.

But if they start selling them in house and you can actually SEE what youre buying before you buy it, I think I will shop there for retro games all the time.

No big deal. They ARE going out of business so enjoy it while it lasts.

I agree, I actually think Gamestop's retro program is one of the best ways to get expensive games cheaper. The only downside is their online throws away almost any disc-based games cases.

But if they start selling them in house and you can actually SEE what youre buying before you buy it, I think I will shop there for retro games all the time.
I hate that every ps1 game i have purchased online did not come with a case. As a sidenote, i wonder if the warehouses just give no fucks and toss them out. If thats the case, Ive been told there was a warehouse really close by me, if i can somehow get the address I would legit dumpster dive there for boxes and cases like everyday lol.

if the gamestop retro shops are fairly priced I'll be happy, local retro shops here are all grossly overpriced and heavily taking advantage of consumers nostalgia
Now wait just a darn moment. You DON'T think the pompous strip mall joints selling everything for FMV + 20%+ are doing your local community a favor?

Show some mom and pop spirit! You gotta keep [insert your city here] WEIRD, maaaan.

...I, too, have some frustrating local stores in my city. But there are a few diamonds in the rough, at least!

I hate that every ps1 game i have purchased online did not come with a case. As a sidenote, i wonder if the warehouses just give no fucks and toss them out. If thats the case, Ive been told there was a warehouse really close by me, if i can somehow get the address I would legit dumpster dive there for boxes and cases like everyday lol.
The only console's games I haven't received a case with is Saturn. I get them with some PS1 and DC games. Xbox and Gamecube (rather than PS2) have cases the most often for me.

The only console's games I haven't received a case with is Saturn. I get them with some PS1 and DC games. Xbox and Gamecube (rather than PS2) have cases the most often for me.
The most I've heard people getting with saturn is manuals, and that was only very early on when the system started.

I can't complain though I would have never bought panzer dragoon saga otherwise, even without the manual it's still pretty cool to play and have.

Some guy from the ROC that posts on the GameStop subreddit said they throw away all the manuals because people can write bad things in them. That was his actual response.

Holy shit, I can only imagine the stuff I'd be able to pick up. I've seen a lot of good stuff after it was traded in, but the stores in this district weren't allowed to sell.

Gamestop certainly does inspire some strong opinions. I've had both bad and good experiences there. In my experience, it largely depends on who you deal with. I've run into some unbelievably kind managers, who were very flexible in allowing for new game exchanges for another platform past the eligible period, due to one of my consoles having issues. Some are not as kind to deal with. The trade-in values kinda stink for most games, but occasionally you get an ok deal.

To me, the most annoying them GS does is to sell an opened case game as "new", when they are low on inventory. Sorry, but to me...a new game is shrink-wrapped. Maybe others don't care about this...not sure.

I find if you don't rely on them but treat them as just one occasional option of many for gaming when appropriate, it's less stressful. For example, the $20 Division 2 sale. So, I try to cherry pick. I do appreciate them as another option for physical games, because the Sony's and Microsoft's of the world would rather not have the used physical game market be a thing for us (hence the recent all-digital One S). So many options out there for us now and GS is one....though a kind of dysfunctional 3rd cousin who kinda annoys you at times.

I trade in my games the same way I get them from GameStop, with no case.

People pay $10 per game case for some good games I thought most cags just sell the game cases like me.

Heard prestige day is this month from a few pages back...any truth to this? During the 4th of July B2G1 deal, one of the employees mentioned she heard from higher ups that the prestige day B2G1 will also prohibit systems from being free. Her store isn’t prestige though so who knows if there is truth to that.

I trade in my games the same way I get them from GameStop, with no case.
People pay $10 per game case for some good games I thought most cags just sell the game cases like me.
That's pretty ghetto. Sell some plasma if you really need the money. It doesn't make sense to keep the case for a game you no longer have. That's why most of us got disc-only Dark Souls Trilogy when they should have included the steelbooks, which are standard with every copy of the game. I don't even like to use DLC codes for games I don't plan to keep since the next owner could enjoy them more.

That's pretty ghetto. Sell some plasma if you really need the money. It doesn't make sense to keep the case for a game you no longer have. That's why most of us got disc-only Dark Souls Trilogy when they should have included the steelbooks, which are standard with every copy of the game. I don't even like to use DLC codes for games I don't plan to keep since the next owner could enjoy them more.
You trolling? If not, get over it for your own sake. I was mad, too; but, I only blamed GameStop until I got over it a long time ago. GameStop is not the source for CIB games. It's a known thing now.

I'm not mad? I don't see how it's trolling to point out the rather obvious fact that GS can only sell what they receive: if people trade in disc-only games, that's all they can sell. Why would anyone be mad at GS for that? In fact, they tried to sell complete games on their website for a week or so years ago and obviously, it didn't work out.

I can't imagine it's worth anyone's time to hold onto a case, create an eBay listing, wait for it to sell, then ship it for a few bucks.

It's hard to tell mindsets via text.  But you do seem antagonistic towards the other poster there.  I can't blame someone for wanting to make extra money for minimal effort.

Minecraft story mode complete edition is still playable because its on disc. The others are not.
Have a feeling they have a lot of the Switch version at the warehouse that will be ready to go on shelves tomorrow. Going to see soon.
Have you played it recently? Chances are the complete edition will load indefinitely... been doing that since the title was delisted. Seems like Minecraft Story Mode season 1 and Batman are the only titles suffering currently.

Had GameStop been selling movies (Blu-ray and DVD ) recently? Did they stop at some point?

I just got shipping for an order. UPS usually says "GameStop [store number]", but this time it says "GameStop & Movies [store number]". I googled GameStop movies and they have DVD and Blu-ray listings that aren't (easily?) accessible via the main menus.

In my pursuit of a complete vita collection, almost all of my $20 and under games have come from gamestop. 4 for deals and b2g1s. I'd have half of what I've got without them, so I appreciate. But I'll still work the system like anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back