2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I placed a few orders for 5-6 action figures, Ultimate alliance 3, and a Switch Pro controller...about an hour and a half ago. They all seem to be going through. They are “preparing for shipping” so *crosses fingers*. I started getting the error message and just stopped. Figured it was too good to be true. I mean come on, a brand new Pro controller for 13-14 bucks...

I finally upgraded my DS to a 2DS lol.

Just flipped 10 games that I bought ($3-6 each) from the thrift stores this past year for $133 store credit. I then used the credit plus $25 (includes a pro membership renewal) on a 2DS XL.

IMG-2670.jpg

Going to flip the games below tomorrow which I got all from the thrift stores.

IMG-2672.jpg
Have you compared GS trade values to eBay prices? I bet you could get a lot more from the latter on some of those games, especially the PS2 games.

I was able to place a shipping order (and received the confirmation email), but just tried to place a pickup order, and the site starts throwing errors. Wish I was up a bit earlier for this one.... Fingers fully crossed that the shipping one sneaks through.

Just flipped 10 games that I bought ($3-6 each) from the thrift stores this past year for $133 store credit. I then used the credit plus $25 (includes a pro membership renewal) on a 2DS XL.

You could have gotten 2x that for FE on Amazon or eBay. I sold my copy on Amazon for $74

Some games were ringing up as free but there's no way these ship.

I still have some codes from a website error a couple years ago. I believe they gave me something like a $5 code for each game I attempted to purchase and I still have about 5 that I haven't used. Apparently they don't expire lol

DAMNIT! Had stuff in my cart ready to go but had to get to work and it died right as I got there. Good luck with orders y'all. What's the best you did?

I tried to place an order with store pick up and it wouldn't go through. So I tried to find a replacement and the deal died.

God luck to those who got orders in

I got orders in for crash team racing switch, sonic team racing switch, madden 20 ps4, playstation gold wireless headset, DQ builders 2 switch and woulfenstein Youngblood deluxe. I don’t expect any to ship

My order was killed at checkout but if it weren't for the new terrible website design I would have definitely successfully got my order in

I ordered some retro stuff and I'm getting Awaiting product availability on my order page. Is that normal? Or does it mean they need to verify their shit inventory system first to see if they even have it?

lol so what happened this morning? Price glitches on the new website already? lol
A discount listed as thinkgeek credit, except there were 5 of them, a $50, $25, $15, $10, and $5 that would all apply at once for every order you made. No code necessary, it just applied immediately

I know we're all fumbling around in the dark on the new site, but does anyone know if it should be possible to do a purchase on the site for pre-owned + cag16 + b2g1? I see the b2g1 in my active offers, and it lists a code, but I cannot enter it in the promo code box.

Did b2g1 offers from PRO renewals ever work on the previous site?

cancellations are now being sent. no "sorry" or explanation or code for cancelling. 

All my in-store pickups were cancelled, but my shipped items are good so far.

Ugg hate buying at Gamestop but Root Letter Answer wasn't available on Amazon so yeah I had to get it there ugg. I wish PQube would use BB/Walmart. 

cancellations are now being sent. no "sorry" or explanation or code for cancelling.

All my in-store pickups were cancelled, but my shipped items are good so far.
Did you have to pay for your in store pickup order online? I made an order but it didn't charge me at all. Just let me place a hold. Think it'll be the same price when I go to pick it up?

I know we're all fumbling around in the dark on the new site, but does anyone know if it should be possible to do a purchase on the site for pre-owned + cag16 + b2g1? I see the b2g1 in my active offers, and it lists a code, but I cannot enter it in the promo code box.

Did b2g1 offers from PRO renewals ever work on the previous site?
I don't think B2G1 one ever worked on the website, although one employee told me it does. I would guess the same on the new site.

I don't think B2G1 one ever worked on the website, although one employee told me it does. I would guess the same on the new site.
Like others are mentioning, I could place the order for in-store pickup. But when I do, it only shows the promo code discount and not the PUR 10% reduction, making the prices $46.XX instead of $41.XX.

I know that this being Gamestop, nothing is ever a guarantee, nor does it work the same everywhere, but do you think if I placed the pickup order, my PUR discount would apply at the time of purchase and I'd also be able to use a b2g1 in store? Should b2g1 be able to stack with this promo code? And are they supposed to honor the price submitted from the site?

TIA

Like others are mentioning, I could place the order for in-store pickup. But when I do, it only shows the promo code discount and not the PUR 10% reduction, making the prices $46.XX instead of $41.XX.

I know that this being Gamestop, nothing is ever a guarantee, nor does it work the same everywhere, but do you think if I placed the pickup order, my PUR discount would apply at the time of purchase and I'd also be able to use a b2g1 in store? Should b2g1 be able to stack with this promo code? And are they supposed to honor the price submitted from the site?

TIA
When placing an order for store pick-up, you have an option to pay now or later. If pay later, that is just a hold, so no payment takes place, so website coupons will not apply, but you should be able to use B2G1 in-store. If you pay now, then payment takes place and you can use the online coupons, but not B2G1. Unlikely they would be able to apply B2G1 after payment is complete online. This is based on past website experience. it's possible that it is different now.

No, the website gives you an option to "pay now"

When placing an order for store pick-up, you have an option to pay now or later. If pay later, that is just a hold, so no payment takes place, so website coupons will not apply, but you should be able to use B2G1 in-store. If you pay now, then payment takes place and you can use the online coupons, but not B2G1. Unlikely they would be able to apply B2G1 after payment is complete online. This is based on past website experience. it's possible that it is different now.
Guess I missed that option. :cry:

One of my orders for shipping was canceled, it was just listed as order received though, never switched to preparing for shipment which all the others have. Still I bet the other cancellation emails are coming

So if a game doesn't appear when you search for its trade in value, will they not give you anything for it? Have some older PS2 games that I would like to get rid of.

Depends, app vs site vs POS are not jiving right now. If it is not on the app OR site then no. If it is on one, call the store to confirm.

I believe app is more reliable atm but you could always say "i came here to trade this because of what the site advertises as the trade on value"

They might be nice and do it.

IMG-2670.jpg

You traded in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 25 bucks? I would have paid you 40 for it.

Really hope new website will let you use B2G1 online, a pain to order items online and return/rebuy at a store.

Most stores don't stock some good used accessories.

IMG-2670.jpg

IMG-2672.jpg
Those RPG’s have to be worth your time more to sell individually, right?

*Cries for Shadow Hearts 2/3*

IMG-2670.jpg

You traded in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 25 bucks? I would have paid you 40 for it.
Looks like disc was scratched as it has a refurb fee attached.

So call me ignorant but I barely do any flipping/trading these days and have been unloading what I can for the $5 promo; TC can be used towards GCs in-store I'm assuming? I'd gladly use it towards restaurants if I can lol.

With that warning..
so I’m trading in my old switch tonight, $225. So cash and credit are the same for the $200.. could I get cash for the $200 and the other $25 in credit?
Due to the Nintendo vouchers there isn’t anything I want to spend any money on and would probably just buy eshop/xbox/psn cards with the credit anyway.

At last check, yes. It also occurred to me in recent days that with all these changes coming and more on the way that at some point they might pull a Best Buy and suddenly limit/eliminate using TC on some of these cards to try and save money. I don't think it would happen real soon, but I might be a good idea to unload some into cards you know you might want now if you have extra.
Awesome. Probably buy some PSN and Starbucks tonight then. Thanks!

With that warning..
so I’m trading in my old switch tonight, $225. So cash and credit are the same for the $200.. could I get cash for the $200 and the other $25 in credit?
Due to the Nintendo vouchers there isn’t anything I want to spend any money on and would probably just buy eshop/xbox/psn cards with the credit anyway.
No, you can't combine them. It would either have to be $200 cash or $225 credit. Also, I believe cash same as credit is over so you would only get $160 cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back