2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for b1g1. Looks like they are trying to spin recent games that failed as "huge awesome savings!"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chances on getting a return rebuy for the Pokemon Lite? Probably low but worth a shot I guess. Was hoping for a good trade promo too but might be time to stock up on NSW again for the December bump. Kinda tempted to get the $200 PS4 too.

My sons old style 3DSXL just took the dirt nap last night is $100 a decent deal on a used N3DSXL?
You may want to see if the nintendo online store has any sales. Nintendo usually does a better job refurbishing their systems. Most people report that the systems they receive look brand new

Holy shit $99 for a used OG Xbox One is a great deal. Gonna get that
uh... not really? For $50 more you can get a discless S thats brand new and a few games and fortnite v-bux you can easily sell for $30-60, or for $100 more you get an S with a 4k player and a digital edition of Jedi Fallen order deluxe which you can prob sell for $40-60. Either way a new system for only a few bucks more than a system that is AT LEAST 3 years old and who knows how poorly the previous owner(s) treated it.

I'm sitting on a $23.51 GC at GameStop, and all I wanted from them was NHL20 at the $29.99 price that I saw Best Buy have it for. What do they do instead? Mark it at $39.99....

Does anyone want to buy my GC for $20 (preferably in the form of a Best Buy GC)?

Honestly likely picking up Trails of Cold Steel 3 and maybe AI. I don't think these are on sale elsewhere, though I'm not sure i'd play them right away, especially 3 since i'm still going through the others. 

Sega Genesis Mini for $50 starting this Sunday through 12/7 is tempting. I'm surprised to see such a big discount so soon. Is it not living up to expectations?

The Baldur's Gate pack and the Planetscape/Icewind Dale packs for me. Might get the Xbox 360 for my son as a starter system. He already has a 2DS, but he wants a console and I don't trust him with a One as of yet.

Can you finally use gift cards again on Gamestop's website? 

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on PS3/360/Vita/Wii/Wii U/DS seems nice. 

Looks like the incentive to buy a PS4 Pro just want up with that $25 coupon and $299 price point.

Just happy there is finally some kind of deal for getting a switch since I have been waiting to use my TC on one.

Probably get Days Gone also, hopefully preowned will be a little cheaper.

Is the $10 bonus still in effect for XBox One and DS4 controllers?  I have one or two I might trade and pickup new ones later.  But only if I get the $10 extra per controller.  

ETA: So GS is only knocking $10 off new XBox One controllers this year?  

Is the $10 bonus still in effect for XBox One and DS4 controllers? I have one or two I might trade and pickup new ones later. But only if I get the $10 extra per controller.

ETA: So GS is only knocking $10 off new XBox One controllers this year?
Yes. I think it goes until the 1st of next month.

Yes. I think it goes until the 1st of next month.
If I can remember to grab my blue DS4 I might trade that in. Also maybe the black XBox One controller that came with my XBox One X.

I would buy a new DS4 and probably some PSN credit with the money. Don't really need a 3rd XBox One controller anyway.

Thanks.

Deal of the Day is $12 Starlink Starter Packs, $4 Starlink Ships, $2 Weapon Packs, and $1 Starlink Pilots. Looks like I'm finally buying in. Also a headset for $24, a Gears 5 Drone for $100, and a Fortnite Pinata for $50.

I also have very few games to trade in, but there seems to be a Stealth Bump. (EDIT: could be an app glitch. I haven't had one for a while but values are different on the website.)

Happy pre-Black Friday Friday.
I didn’t enjoy Starlink. Someone talk me out of buying these as toys for my 3 year old.

Wasn't there a reason to buy Starlink in digital instead of physical for the switch? I think it had to do with all the benefits and a few more things vs getting the toys.

The glitch was corrected. You are 2 weeks late.

$20 will at least give you something to read while on the toilet. Value added.
Actually so my elite expired 11/21. Logged in today to basic member. Kept reading posts today from the past few hours and saw someone posted they recently renewed and got elite again so I decided to give it a go and purchased the $14.99 with trade in credit about an hour ago. I'm elite again :) Took a couple of minutes to update. Logged out and logged in after 15/20 min. I was initially scared cause when you click renew on website it just adds pro to your cart. Thank you to everyone who posted on this awesome glitchy matter <3 Gamestop reps been harassing me to renew in store with my points the past couple of weeks. Glad I kept saying no even if they were being at times annoying about it. Also glad no one did me dirty and renewed it sneakily. I had a sneaky store manager try to add a "free" protection to a pre-owned game I ended up getting when I cancelled a 20% bonus $5 pre-order deposit.

App shows Wii Sports and Resort boosted again... if you missed out last weekend you have another shot I guess.
Yeah I'm seeing some bumped prices in app but not online. Typically what is online is "real." Interested to know if anyone has gotten an app value honored today if it differed from online.

Wasn't there a reason to buy Starlink in digital instead of physical for the switch? I think it had to do with all the benefits and a few more things vs getting the toys.
The biggest reason to go digital was cost: 80 for everything instead of 200+.
In addition, switching components physically is a hassle. And I think the toy version only unlocked the components for a week after it was last attached, to keep you from just dumping all the toys later.

Heh: I just counted it up, all the stuff without starter is only 33. Doesn’t reach free shipping threshold.

It is a lot cheaper then buying all the toys. Black Friday has proven to be lacking.

It was that MSRP was cheaper digital vs. physical. $60 digital you got a bunch more (4 ships, 6 pilots, and 12 weapons), whereas $75 physical you only got 1 ship, 1 pilot, and 3 weapons in the starter pack (+Starfox ship/pilot with Switch).

Of course, now that all the physical stuff is dirt cheap clearance, the math is not so lopsided for digital. I ended up buying everything available on Gamestop's site (kind of annoying that they list weapon packs but they are neither orderable for ship nor store pickup).

So that's the starter, plus 5 ship packs (each of which come with 1 ship, 1 pilot, and 1 weapon), plus 3 additional pilots, for a total of 6 ships, 9 pilots, and 8 weapons at $35 all-in and free shipping.

Actually so my elite expired 11/21. Logged in today to basic member. Kept reading posts today from the past few hours and saw someone posted they recently renewed and got elite again so I decided to give it a go and purchased the $14.99 with trade in credit about an hour ago. I'm elite again :) Took a couple of minutes to update. Logged out and logged in after 15/20 min. I was initially scared cause when you click renew on website it just adds pro to your cart. Thank you to everyone who posted on this awesome glitchy matter <3 Gamestop reps been harassing me to renew in store with my points the past couple of weeks. Glad I kept saying no even if they were being at times annoying about it. Also glad no one did me dirty and renewed it sneakily. I had a sneaky store manager try to add a "free" protection to a pre-owned game I ended up getting when I cancelled a 20% bonus $5 pre-order deposit.
When you went to renew did it say “renew you elite pro memebership” or “renew your pro membership”?

Yeah, I did the starter, five ships, three pilots for $35 to get free shipping. It's nice to know that if I don't put it to use, my nephews will play with the ships like they do with my Amiibo.

When you went to renew did it say “renew you elite pro memebership” or “renew your pro membership”?
I had an elite on the account too, it says the same thing renew your pro. so wondering if the same thing on the other elite member.

When I was in my local store a couple of weeks ago, they told me they are phasing out elite in the spring.  He said there's 4 or 5 of us elite people in his store still, but we would be downgraded to pro with no compensation in the spring.  Hope that's not true!

I also had an elite account expire around this time last year.  Website seems to call it an expired pro account.  Given option to renew pro.

My conjecture is that this is only working for recently expired elite accounts which were still active when the website was overhauled earlier this year.

renew your pro membership..it will look like your purchasing a pro plan. i was scared cause it doesn't say anything about elite. my elite expired 11/21. so today i was a basic member. I then selected renew on my account and it added "renew your pro memership" for 14.99. logged out, logged in within the hour and I was elite again. it only works if you had elite and it expired. my guessing is gamestop will correct this soon if we keep talking about it..so im done, thank you all who posted. also they will probably end up downgrading everyone at some point so theres that.

so am i reading the ad right? these deals will be online wednesday at 9pm, including bogo last gen? If so, Im about to fucktuple my vita library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back