2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah if I could choose, I’d go to ups and order only from amazon since they’re not that backed up.
Nope, my order from April 8th (all "Shipped by Amazon" items) still hasn't arrived. Says it's scheduled to arrive on May 6th. It's mostly all gaming and electronics junk so they're definitely prioritizing orders. Amazon Prime is basically worthless at this point other than streaming.

Anybody receive their 5$ certs from the "spend over 50$ on pre-owned" promo from Pro Day yet? The fine print apparently said 7 business days so there is still some time.

Anybody receive their 5$ certs from the "spend over 50$ on pre-owned" promo from Pro Day yet? The fine print apparently said 7 business days so there is still some time.
The fine print on the offer has me nervous. It says that you'll receive the rewards cash within seven days of your order, and that the cash is valid from 4/12 to 4/25. The implication there is that you might receive the cash a week from now on the day that it expires. Normally I would feel like I'm misreading it, but you never quite know with Gamestop.

Edit: The email indicates that the cash will be valid 5/3 to 5/16. So that helps.

Am I correct in assuming that basically everything ordered on pro day has been delayed for everyone? I have a PS4 Pro refurb and like 9 games that have ALL been "preparing for shipment" for the better part of 5 days...

Am I correct in assuming that basically everything ordered on pro day has been delayed for everyone? I have a PS4 Pro refurb and like 9 games that have ALL been "preparing for shipment" for the better part of 5 days...
I don’t think there are widespread delays. My refurb PS4 Pro shipped Tuesday and should arrive tomorrow.

I ordered a number of games (no consoles) on Pro Day and they started arriving yesterday.

I don’t think there are widespread delays. My refurb PS4 Pro shipped Tuesday and should arrive tomorrow.
gotta disagree, gs might be shipping on schedule, since thats all they have to do now, but otherwise there does really seem to be a slow down, even if its just a day or two past the eta, but given the situation, it only makes sense

I bought three games on Pro Day. Two arrived on Tuesday through UPS and the third game still shows USPS awaiting for the package.

My order for the Hori Pro Pads for the Nintendo Switch finally shipped yesterday.  I couldn't find anything worthwhile to use my $5 monthly cert and $10 AC coupon on during Pro Day, but then I found those. 

from dotd.
attachicon.gif
08E2E39B-8BB4-47B3-81EA-499F54827A62.jpeg
is that good or bad? I'm assuming preowned? Have you tried them out? I've only had experience with the official Nintendo pro controller.

I'm trying to buy a used pro controller for in-store pickup.  Anyone know how to add the PUR coupons?  I have a $15 one I want to use.  I tried placing the code in the promo code area, but no go.  ty

is that good or bad? I'm assuming preowned? Have you tried them out? I've only had experience with the official Nintendo pro controller.
its lighter than the official since it needs 2 aa batteries. these controllers were not part of the sale, it was only the black one. its not bad for the price.

I ordered the clearance Lilith statue right before the sale ended and got it on Tuesday.

Whoo boy... I ordered a new copy of GTA V Premium for PS4 during the Pro Days sale. I received the game in some sort of weird pouch, and although it had a PS4 case, the disc, manual, etc. were all for Xbox One. I spent an hour and forty minutes trying to get through to a rep, but I eventually gave up and put in an email request.

Unannounced B2G1 sale for PS4 and Xbox Ones games? I dont remember seeing it in the weekly ad, but it is currently working with CAG16.

B2G1 promo stacks with the B2G2 on games $9.99 and under. So it's B2G3, then 16% off 3 games.

Ended up with 10 games for $37.

Spent $65 after tax, coupons, and $5 monthly cert and got 20 games. Mostly stuff to fill out my game collection, but there's a few I'll probably try out. 

Xbox one: Wolf among us, fractured but whole, titanfall 2, the surge, yoku's island express, rime, just cause 3, rise of tomb raider, far cry 4, shadow of war, wolfenstein new order, evil within 2, dead rising HD, dead rising 2 HD, alien isolation 

3ds: fossil fighters 2, mario tennis, Puzzles & Dragons + Mario

360: Lost odyssey

Ps4: Knack

I ended up with 16 games for $55, some stuff I’ve been meaning to add and a few with decent resale value .

Final Fantasy XV and Mass effect andromeda are $4.99 each, Dragon Age inquisition at $9.99 is great for anyone who hasn’t played it yet.

My haul:
PS4: The Surge, Yokus Island, Dishonored 2, Mass Effect Andromeda ($4.99 even if it sucks), Bound By Flame, Sine Mora EX, Republique, Prison Architect, Constructor, Adventure Time Finn and Jake, Blood Bowl 2, Prey
XB1: This is the Police 2, Golf Club, Shadows Awakening, Mutant Football League

Edit - just realized after Cart tinkering, could’ve gotten 1 more for free

B2G1 promo stacks with the B2G2 on games $9.99 and under. So it's B2G3, then 16% off 3 games.

Ended up with 10 games for $37.
Unfortunately, I don't see 10 games that seem worth flipping with these uncertain times! :shock:

Whoo boy... I ordered a new copy of GTA V Premium for PS4 during the Pro Days sale. I received the game in some sort of weird pouch, and although it had a PS4 case, the disc, manual, etc. were all for Xbox One. I spent an hour and forty minutes trying to get through to a rep, but I eventually gave up and put in an email request.
I read this as: why you shouldn't even buy "new" games from GameStop right now.

Good luck to everyone jumping on the b2g2/1 glitches. Make sure the deal is still a steal if something is missing or defective, because who knows what you'll get and how you'll resolve it.

I'm surprised the glitch has lasted this long. Took me a while to find a a bunch of games I wanted; for $42 I got

Root Letter: Last Answer
The Surge
The Girl and the Robot
The Technomancer
Darksiders III
This is the Police 2
World to the West
Redout
Republique
Tearaway Unfolded

order in! thanks for all the suggestions - i grabbed 12. i didn't see lords of the fallen mentioned so i'll add that. i couldn't get all the promos to stack on the website but the app went through for me. and some of the games are $14.99 now - root letter and rime (ps4) are two that i saw...

Man i thought i was done...padding my collection even more:

Fallout 76

Fallout 4

Mafia III

Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun

CoD: AW

FFXV

Injustice: Gods Among Us

For Honor

Prey

Dragon Age: Inquisition

FF Type-0 HD

Lock's Quest

$37.27 shipped!

Would take advantage of the deal but nothing i want is on sale and given the current situation I don't want to buy a bunch of games and be stuck with them and then possibly have the value drop by the time they reopen to trade ins. 

Took a chance on an order as well. Got 12 games for $37.17 shipped. Grabbed a few 3DS games along with a bunch of questionable-quality PS4 titles. For about $3 each, even if they don't include cases, it's no big deal.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal/glitch.

Thanks for the heads up, got my order in about an hour ago. 12 $9.99 preowned games, 8 were discounted to zero, CAG16 discount on 3, total came out to $37.27 after tax with the free shipping. I did not use my $5 monthly discount since it took the total under $35 and charged $4 for shipping. I figure this deal is worth a gamble at just over $3 per game (if they all actually ship!). 

All XB1:

Mortal Kombat X

Walking Dead: New Frontier

Dead Rising 2 HD

Mega Man Legacy Collection

We Happy Few

Dead Rising HD

RiME

Mafia III

Wolfenstein: Old Blood

Gears of War 4

Tales from the Borderlands

Dead Rising 3

Time to see how this bet pays off....

Did they shut it down or is the site getting hammered? Got 11 games in my cart and it won't let me add more now. Tried removing one and I can't put it back. Can't log in either.

Did they shut it down or is the site getting hammered? Got 11 games in my cart and it won't let me add more now. Tried removing one and I can't put it back. Can't log in either.
Their site can literally break at any time, I had to swap between Chrome and Firefox during my order this morning just to add 12 games. If the circles just keep spinning or disappear, try a different browser. Some people use the app, but my cart doesn't seem to be shared between web and app.

Edit: Got an email saying all of them shipped!

Yup, app worked. Thanks!

12x $9.99 games is definitely the magic number. Comes out to just barely over $35 after CAG16 so you get free shipping. Here's my list... lots of questionable filler but at around $3/game it's hard to pass up, especially when I'm spending trade credit and can possibly trade stuff back in later

Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun
Republique
Torment: Tides Of Numenera
Dungeons 3
Project Highrise Architect Edition
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Metal Gear Survive
Tropico 5
Fallout 76
Call of Duty WWII
The Order: 1886
Thief

Thanks for the deal. I got a couple copies of Fallout 76 for the PS4/Xbox(to play/trade in later), Arkham Knight, Rise of the Tomb Raider,Dishonored 2, Darksiders 3, Halo Guardians and Injustice.

I got my 12 in.  I suppose the video game fates do not wish for me to even add anymore to the cart for a possible second round. 

I can't even login without it getting stuck.  Oh well, I got most of the last generation stuff that got PS4/XB1 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back