2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame them for asking. Just look at the $5 monthly PUR certs. It says in store only but it also works online. Gamestop is vague with their wording sometimes.

Guy at a store I visited today mentioned a new promo. If you buy a certain amount of games prior to thanksgiving priced $59.99 or more, you get a $59.99 game for free. First I had heard of it. I wanna say it was 5 games by 11/21 but I can’t promise that. Pro members only. He didn’t have a lot of details FWIW
Dammit I'm going to be 1 short b/c Star Wars Squadrons and Dark Pictures: Little Hope are under the threshold, I'm getting Cyberpunk free digitally via the XB1X, and I bought the AC CE direct from Ubisoft. (Amalur CE, Watch Dogs Legion UE, Legend of Heroes: ToCS 4, Yakuza 7)

Maybe Miles Morales or Ratchet will save me and I can get an extra PS5 launch game for free.

Dammit I'm going to be 1 short b/c Star Wars Squadrons and Dark Pictures: Little Hope are under the threshold, I'm getting Cyberpunk free digitally via the XB1X, and I bought the AC CE direct from Ubisoft. (Amalur CE, Watch Dogs Legion UE, Legend of Heroes: ToCS 4, Yakuza 7)
Assuming this is actually happening, just buy a game that is part of G2L. Problem solved.

Wow, pretty significant gains from the last 50% sale (Doom Eternal, Nioh 2, Days Gone...to name a few).  Need to dig into my huge PS4 backlog and see what I can trade in this weekend. 

Happy I snagged Doom ($14), Days Gone, Death Stranding and Nioh 2 for $9 each in anticipation of a TIV bump/flip, hope others did the same!

Curiously, ‘Dreams’ didn’t get a TIV bump at all. I assumed all the days of play games would’ve gotten one

Days Gone is one of those games that’s been sitting on my shelf for a while now that I haven’t played. I’m about to trade it in because I just have SO MUCH to play. I tried it out but the main character wasn’t clicking with me.

Happy I snagged Doom ($14), Days Gone, Death Stranding and Nioh 2 for $9 each in anticipation of a TIV bump/flip, hope others did the same!
Yep, within $50 of the $2k trade in limit (until Monday when the last trade bump + Ghost of Tsushima 30%), so just cashing out a few copies to use some of the $500 limit! :D/ Do it more for the kicks and than the financial / chicken nuggets impact. I watched a few more of those "flipping games for a living" video - which are entertaining, but no way I'd want to do that day in/out and drive miles to find deals.

Also did a few more 50% off 100+ to re-stock and grab the Mega Man Zero/ZX on switch for the shelf like a few others posted out earlier this thread! :grouphug: If they bump to $35, totally eyeing Bioshock / XCom collections to collect dust.

Don’t know why you think anyone cares how close you are to the limit. Most of us are too old to need to brag about something like that.

Just traded in a bunch of games towards Madden 21. Didn't realize they weren't taking PS3 games, but they did take my two Wii games. Go figure.

Stupid question, but I have no intention of playing Madden. I just bought it to get the trade bump, and then trade it back in for full credit. Do I have to trade it in back at the same store I bought it from for the G2L? There's a store close to my work I can go to during lunch on Sunday I'd rather do.

Super random question - Anybody ever traded the G2L game and bought another copy of G2L. If the 30% stacked that would be awesome but probably wouldn't work. 

Stupid question, but I have no intention of playing Madden. I just bought it to get the trade bump, and then trade it back in for full credit. Do I have to trade it in back at the same store I bought it from for the G2L? There's a store close to my work I can go to during lunch on Sunday I'd rather do.
Nope you can do it at any store, just needs to be within 2 days of launch. Full credit and points!

G2L’s Trade in value of $60 is a promo and doesn’t stack with anything else. Not that I tried nefariously , but did do a G2L towards a special edition version (along with another game to make up the difference) that had a 20% promo just to see what would happen. ($60 TIV was fixed, other games got the +20%)

For a while someone was posting the Sunday ad the Friday before...guess I got spoiled there.  Foolishly debating whether to trade now or wait for a better promo (than 30%) on Sunday. 

Not sure if buying Madden today would trigger the $10 trade coin since I had no pre-order funds on it beforehand.   Gonna probably just pay-off Avengers and hope that it's G2L. 

Days Gone is one of those games that’s been sitting on my shelf for a while now that I haven’t played. I’m about to trade it in because I just have SO MUCH to play. I tried it out but the main character wasn’t clicking with me.
He's really unlikable for the first quarter of the game. I noticed as time went on, though, the storyline subtly became more and more touching. I'm not sure I ever really liked the main character, but some of the interactions and what happened around him had me really appreciating the story by the end. When it was over, I was sad to be leaving it.

100% subjective of course, and the gameplay is hit and miss, but that sum' bitch infiltrated my emotions when I wasn't watching and dug its claws in for the duration.

Maybe try it again around the 10-12 dollar pricepoint. Decent gameplay (most of the time), but a surprisingly solid story.

Here’s a new one (for me). Went back into GS for the first time since COVID. Had to cancel my old DOOM preorder. They rold me it wasn’t on my account (I have the receipt). Called customer service and they told me that I cashed that preorder out on 7/26 (when I was physically on the opposite side of the country), and that I’ll have to talk to the store to resolve it. Naturally, the store manager doesn’t have an easy answer.

Has this happened to anyone? Any chance I can deal with it all on the phone if I complain enough? Thanks in advance.

Here’s a new one (for me). Went back into GS for the first time since COVID. Had to cancel my old DOOM preorder. They rold me it wasn’t on my account (I have the receipt). Called customer service and they told me that I cashed that preorder out on 7/26 (when I was physically on the opposite side of the country), and that I’ll have to talk to the store to resolve it. Naturally, the store manager doesn’t have an easy answer.

Has this happened to anyone? Any chance I can deal with it all on the phone if I complain enough? Thanks in advance.
Stuff like this has been talked about in those Gamestop Youtubes. Store employees or managers cash out old pre orders and pocket the cash.

they should be reported for fraud

i recently moved an old preorder (both that old order and this new one were just for a trade in bonus) at a gamestop i dont visit often. 

it was for 2017's forza 7

Aye 2nd on this stuff being talked about on various media before. I guess "Store employees or managers" are banking that with the horrendous hold times many will just give up. Likely, the miscreant no longer works there though, and that was their farewell gift.

To get it resolved, you literally must stay on the line, as I understand, and don't hang up first. Don't accept their resolutions (They just want to get you off the phone for their individual metrics). Escalate the call for reason of employee theft, against your personal account.

The local store will not help you. You must escalate the CS call to higher up's.

(I'm surprised this still goes on .. it's a no-win for the thief, once caught... bizarre)

It's more done to older pre orders that they think have been forgotten about. Poster said it was an old DOOM pre order so that's why I figured that's what happened.
It's entirely possible someone could get away with this for REALLY OLD pre-ordered games, but DOOM isn't really that old. 5 months isn't old.

DL's watch employees remotely, which lends to GS's ability to store video in the cloud. Nothing gets forgotten at that point.

It's entirely possible someone could get away with this for REALLY OLD pre-ordered games, but DOOM isn't really that old. 5 months isn't old.

DL's watch employees remotely, which lends to GS's ability to store video in the cloud. Nothing gets forgotten at that point.
i dont think they are talking about doom eternal

Traded in NBA 2K20 for $19.50 and got the digital version on eShop for $5. Its mostly a download anyway.

Glad I could get the Madden rental. It is, of course, the same shitty game

My receipts from a few months ago have already faded to the point of illegibility, so I dunno how anyone with a Doom preorder from 2016 could still have it unless they laminated it  :shock:

My pre-orders in the App show a few cancelled pre-orders of unreleased games still, but the webpage doesn't show anything. Would be nice if they switched all your claimed pre-orders to the "I own" list or somesuch. 

My receipts from a few months ago have already faded to the point of illegibility, so I dunno how anyone with a Doom preorder from 2016 could still have it unless they laminated it :shock:

My pre-orders in the App show a few cancelled pre-orders of unreleased games still, but the webpage doesn't show anything. Would be nice if they switched all your claimed pre-orders to the "I own" list or somesuch.
The OP a couple posts ago stated specifically it was for Doom Eternal.

I would try again with the store manager. They have broad authority to give refunds for stuff like this. Show him the receipt and tell him you never picked it up. He can review the security footage to see you weren't there that day.

Something similar happened to me. The manager refused to do anything, and told me that I picked the game up. Had to call customer service multiple times because the reps said that they were issuing a refund but never did anything. I had to request a manager on the customer service line and he immediately refunded me the money +$10.

Resolution (hopefully): finally got a CS rep to request an e-gift card for me in the proper amount. Said I should have it by Wednesday.

He tried to give me the entire balance of the trade card my
preorder ended up on (~$120) but my dang moral compass wouldn’t let me accept that.

Sorry to be random but does anyone use GameFly these days? I’m interested in some games for the Flash Sale, but I also feel like my money may be better spent using my credit on a PS5 and then subscribing to GameFly for these games plus, eventually, PS5 games. Is there any reason to believe that GameFly wouldn’t successfully transition to the next generation?
I've had gamefly past 2 months they been great even shipping games when I still have both of the games. Probably to make up for slow shipping or it could be since I've had gamefly in the past they see my account is in good standing. I bought the 3 month certificate and it works. It's worth it for new releases

Control is trading in for $15 :ps4: $13 :xb1: base just in case you want to trade your copy in towards a pre-order for Control Ultimate Edition.

Control UE includes all of the DLC to date and is the only way you can upgrade to the next gen versions (besides buying the next gen versions directly when they are released).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back