2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't blame them for asking. Just look at the $5 monthly PUR certs. It says in store only but it also works online. Gamestop is vague with their wording sometimes.
How do you use them online? If you're just supposed to put it into the promo code field, I've never gotten them to work.

It seems all the pre-order  GS games carry a reason, at least this time.  They all carry heavy microtransactions.  Sterling has a vid about Avengers for those interested.  People already knew about NBA 2k and Maddon.  I didn't know about Avengers.

I don't ever doubt GS gets huge incentives for promoting certain games.  More reason to not complete purchases on promoted games -- they are doing it for a reason.  The advertising pays for any loss, including losses from flippers / day 2 trades.

Companies that thrive on microtransactions can dry up, disappear, eat shit, go away, etc .. IMO.

extra:

-- people know sports games have microtransactions galore .. but Avengers? Oh my ....    /sigh

I guess Pikman 3 or Mario All Stars 25 wont have a bonus, because. when was the last time Nintendo gave discounts, or had huge microtransactions, outside of the released game?

I'm guessing you're talking about the $10 game coin but your post is confusing as usual. If you are, your argument doesn't really make sense as NBA and Madden are 2 games that don't need incentives for people to buy them. Fast and the Furious which got one is more the type of title that would warrant this type of incentive. Cyberpunk is also getting the $10 game coin, so your microtransaction argument doesn't really hold any weight either. The whole point of the $10 game coin and even the G2L is it brings in business for GameStop which they are sorely in need of.

I'm guessing you're talking about the $10 game coin but your post is confusing as usual. If you are, your argument doesn't really make sense as NBA and Madden are 2 games that don't need incentives for people to buy them. Fast and the Furious which got one is more the type of title that would warrant this type of incentive. Cyberpunk is also getting the $10 game coin, so your microtransaction argument doesn't really hold any weight either. The whole point of the $10 game coin and even the G2L is it brings in business for GameStop which they are sorely in need of.
I suppose this was directed at myself.

I was simply focusing upon games available to receive the 20% bonus, namely, NBA2K21, Madden21, and Avengers. Each has significant microtransactions.

The $10 coin is another topic (I have a feeling advertising also pays for it, regardless).

It seems all the pre-order GS games carry a reason, at least this time. They all carry heavy microtransactions. Sterling has a vid about Avengers for those interested. People already knew about NBA 2k and Maddon. I didn't know about Avengers.

I don't ever doubt GS gets huge incentives for promoting certain games. More reason to not complete purchases on promoted games -- they are doing it for a reason. The advertising pays for any loss, including losses from flippers / day 2 trades.

Companies that thrive on microtransactions can dry up, disappear, eat shit, go away, etc .. IMO.

extra:

-- people know sports games have microtransactions galore .. but Avengers? Oh my .... /sigh

I guess Pikman 3 or Mario All Stars 25 wont have a bonus, because. when was the last time Nintendo gave discounts, or had huge microtransactions, outside of the released game?
The Avengers stuff was way overblown. The only microtransactions in the game are cosmetics. Each starting character in the game has a free battle pass. Each new character that comes out will have a battle pass but you have to pay $10 for it. However, all the characters that come with the game, you'll be able to earn enough credits to buy any new character's battle pass so theoretically you'd never have to pay a dime.

I'm probably explaining it terribly, but if someone cares that deeply about cosmetics, you'll be able to get everything for free if you grind hard enough. All these stupid Youtube videos were made before this info was made public.

The Avengers stuff was way overblown. The only microtransactions in the game are cosmetics. Each starting character in the game has a free battle pass. Each new character that comes out will have a battle pass but you have to pay $10 for it. However, all the characters that come with the game, you'll be able to earn enough credits to buy any new character's battle pass so theoretically you'd never have to pay a dime.

I'm probably explaining it terribly, but if someone cares that deeply about cosmetics, you'll be able to get everything for free if you grind hard enough. All these stupid Youtube videos were made before this info was made public.
Except, cosmetics are a part of the game. Something that should not be paid for. Whether single player or multi-player. Ah well..

Not every game released has microtransactions. I'm simply asserting that all the pre-order-able GS games share a similar commonality, namely microtransactions.

It's nice that there is a GS 20% bonus ... but keep in mind that GS is getting kickbacks from these publishers, enough to offset the difference, and then some. The money doesn't simply materialize.

Don't get me wrong, I used the pre-order bonus this week.

It's an interesting topic, definitely. Sadly I don't think Pikman 3 or Mario 25, will qualify, since Nintendo doesn't tend to make deals.

Very dumb question and it’s probably been answered before: you can’t use your monthly $5 credit in a GameStop gift card right? Nothing I want to use it in other than Tony Hawk but that’s 9/4

Pre ordered Avengers today for the 30% TIV, $10 Gamecoin and if the game is not fun, G2L.

I considered getting it at Best But for the steelbook but hopefully they will be selling it for cheap or basically giving it away in the next few weeks.

Except, cosmetics are a part of the game. Something that should not be paid for. Whether single player or multi-player. Ah well..

Not every game released has microtransactions. I'm simply asserting that all the pre-order-able GS games share a similar commonality, namely microtransactions.

It's nice that there is a GS 20% bonus ... but keep in mind that GS is getting kickbacks from these publishers, enough to offset the difference, and then some. The money doesn't simply materialize.

Don't get me wrong, I used the pre-order bonus this week.

It's an interesting topic, definitely. Sadly I don't think Pikman 3 or Mario 25, will qualify, since Nintendo doesn't tend to make deals.

So I'll need to move pre-orders around, as allowed.
I get when people bitch about microtransactions that actually affect the game, but who gives a fuck about cosmetics. There's plenty of free cosmetics in the game already. Jesus Christ, are you really going to cry about some different colored reskin?

If people paying for cosmetics helps fund the development of FREE DLC like new characters, missions, regions then I'm all for it. Games aren't cheap nowadays, and Games as a Service help that along with these type of games. I get it, EA bad and all that shit, but these days you have to pick and choose your battles, and in my opinion, cosmetics ain't it.

Very dumb question and it’s probably been answered before: you can’t use your monthly $5 credit in a GameStop gift card right? Nothing I want to use it in other than Tony Hawk but that’s 9/4
You cannot use active offers, promotions, or existing gift cards, to purchase new gift cards.

I got $10 GameStop credit for buying Animal Crossing digitally at GameStop. No complaints here. I’ve drained all my credit though so I’d likely get future physical game releases for $10 off MSRP at Walmart.

Breakpoint flip not terrible. BB has these for 14.99, 11.99 with GCU. 

Got some at BB for 11.99 for Xbox (GCU) and 9.99 for PS4 (Amazon PM) and got $22+ trade credit per copy with the 10% pro bonus and 20% avengers preorder.  Had several switch games to trade so stopped at BB next door to gamestop. Easy peasy.  (Pissed I missed the switch $5 bonus...oh well)

I noticed the fine print for the $10 game coin for Avengers and 2K says “if pre-purchased in full” so I’m wondering if they will hold that against us for Madden if we had originally only made the minimum deposit amount.

Haven’t been on here in a while since the pandemic hit and GameStop stopped taking trades, so can anyone tell me if bumps have resumed happening toward end of the month (Fri-Mon)? Values seem solid right now, but having not checked values previously I’m unsure if there’s a bump or it’s a new normal during COVID-19. Also, can you purchase Pro online using rewards points? Last time I tried in app, I got an error. And if you can do it, does it take effect immediately? Thanks for any info!

P.S. Can trade credit be used to purchase iTunes? I know gc purchases were blocked/ended long ago, but unsure if iTunes was ever an exception due to being a digital currency that could be used for mobile gaming.

If you just read recent posts you'll see there's an end of the month bump going on right now. Should last through today.

I noticed the fine print for the $10 game coin for Avengers and 2K says “if pre-purchased in full” so I’m wondering if they will hold that against us for Madden if we had originally only made the minimum deposit amount.
That fine print regarding game coin has been there (either in flyers or online) going back to mid-August. It was there for Madden 21 at some point, as well as NBA 2K21 and Avengers. That's exactly why I paid off Avengers (inlcuding tax) in full when I pre-ordered, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully they don't hold that against anyone, but that language about paying the game off in full wasn't there for instance, when I pre-ordered Animal Crossing back in March and got the $10 bonus cert.

I haven't received the $10 coin for madden yet
Not surprising. Did you pay it off in full before release? Has anyone that paid it off in full before release gotten it? It'll be interesting to see if that is why. The person I spoke to just now wouldn't just give me the 10,000 points. They sent it to be investigated and said it could take 7 business days. Between the terrible customer service (with it being a hassle to get anything resolved) and not being able to see my order history online, this company is really getting on my nerves.

I paid it off fully before release (via trade in credit/trade ins), no coin yet. Let’s see what happens over the next few days.

I thought if you took advantage of the 30% TIV bump towards madden you had to put all the credit towards madden? Could I have theoretically just put $5 down and reaped the benefits in leftover trade credit?

Edit - should clarify I traded in $140 worth of games with 30% bump and put the full 59.99 towards madden and got the leftover on a trade card of course

I have used the monthly $5 PUR to buy $5 in the eShop with that being the only thing in the transaction. Code prints out on the receipt.

Edit: the eShop credit code also shows up in my digital locker (i guess just in case the receipt is lost). 

I paid it off fully before release (via trade in credit/trade ins), no coin yet. Let’s see what happens over the next few days.

I thought if you took advantage of the 30% TIV bump towards madden you had to put all the credit towards madden? Could I have theoretically just put $5 down and reaped the benefits in leftover trade credit?

Edit - should clarify I traded in $140 worth of games with 30% bump and put the full 59.99 towards madden and got the leftover on a trade card of course
Yeah you couldve used only $5 for the preorder deposit, and pocket the rest on a trade card. Thats what I did for marvel avengers as I plan on using some points to help pay off the game.

I did for the exact same reasons. Also get the 6 pins.

Pre ordered Avengers today for the 30% TIV, $10 Gamecoin and if the game is not fun, G2L.

I considered getting it at Best But for the steelbook but hopefully they will be selling it for cheap or basically giving it away in the next few weeks.

FYI I signed up for that erewards site listed on the app and got enough points for a gamestop gift card, but I keep getting a system error at finalizing the purchase. I emailed their support and will update with their response (or if I get it to go through)

I had traded in some games and pre-ordered Madden 21 MVP Edition (and NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever) and paid both in full. I picked up Madden 21 last Monday and got the $10 Game Coins in my active offers last Friday when the vanilla edition released.

If you just read recent posts you'll see there's an end of the month bump going on right now. Should last through today.
Can we assume that there's a good chance trade in values will drop by tomorrow? Unfortunately the local store only accepts 1 copy per game trade in. Debating whether to make a trade in this afternoon and do a second run tonight.

Haven’t been on here in a while since the pandemic hit and GameStop stopped taking trades, so can anyone tell me if bumps have resumed happening toward end of the month (Fri-Mon)? Values seem solid right now, but having not checked values previously I’m unsure if there’s a bump or it’s a new normal during COVID-19. Also, can you purchase Pro online using rewards points? Last time I tried in app, I got an error. And if you can do it, does it take effect immediately? Thanks for any info!

P.S. Can trade credit be used to purchase iTunes? I know gc purchases were blocked/ended long ago, but unsure if iTunes was ever an exception due to being a digital currency that could be used for mobile gaming.
Pretty sure it's just XBox, PSN, EShop, Steam, & Origin currency. Don't think it works for iTunes/Google Play anymore. Not sure about VBuck cards.

Just spend it on XBox currency, or get $5 off the smallest currency card of the system of your choice.

Oh and to the person that yelled at me last week about quoting multiple posts, these were on different pages so I couldn't multiquote.

Hey guys, this seems like a dumb question but is the $5 monthly credit still valid today even though it says expires on 8/30/20

Why does there have to be 2 entries for Ring Fit Adventure and only one of them applies to the "buy new, get 30% off pre-owned" deal? Figured I'd pick up Minecraft for my son at a discount because it was possible, but of course that doesn't work.

Hey guys, this seems like a dumb question but is the $5 monthly credit still valid today even though it says expires on 8/30/20
Yes, it should still be valid. I have it applied to my cart currently, I just haven't checked out yet to confirm it submits correctly.

Has anyone received their Madden $10 coin (besides the one person earlier)? I had it paid off in full a week before release but used my $5 PUR when picking it up and am wondering if that somehow screwed it up.

Has anyone received their Madden $10 coin (besides the one person earlier)? I had it paid off in full a week before release but used my $5 PUR when picking it up and am wondering if that somehow screwed it up.
nothing yet, figured i'd call tomorrow if nothing shows up

Off topic question for anyone that uses cash back or reward points sites:

Do you get credit for purchases when you use trade credit? One site I use only credited for 1 of 3 purchases I made, and I think that was when I used a credit card instead of gamestop credit. A site I used previously gave me reward points for every purchase, but it was a much lower rate; that's why I switched. Now I can't tell if that's the reason why one credits at a lower rate than the other. I didn't see it in the terms specified that it had to be actual money spent instead of credit, but that would make sense.

If you do combine rewards sites with trade credit purchases, what sites do you use?

Just trying to maximize my value, and I try to only spend GS credit if I can help it.

In my time on here I have encountered quite a few people that have been friendly & helpful so I figured I would post to try to get a reply versus taking the time to search for an answer that may not be there.

Despite not wanting to waste time, I actually did read through some of the posts, and did not get a conclusive answer. I saw mention of using the search term MWT830, but using that term revealed just 5 games. In addition, even if there is a bump that doesn’t answer my question on whether it’s a one-off or the norm again as it’s been at least 6 months since I was checking values and did a trade. The recent posts also did not address the other questions I had:

“Also, can you purchase Pro online using rewards points? Last time I tried in app, I got an error. And if you can do it, does it take effect immediately? Thanks for any info!

P.S. Can trade credit be used to purchase iTunes? I know gc purchases were blocked/ended long ago, but unsure if iTunes was ever an exception due to being a digital currency that could be used for mobile gaming.”

Not surprising. Did you pay it off in full before release? Has anyone that paid it off in full before release gotten it? It'll be interesting to see if that is why. The person I spoke to just now wouldn't just give me the 10,000 points. They sent it to be investigated and said it could take 7 business days. Between the terrible customer service (with it being a hassle to get anything resolved) and not being able to see my order history online, this company is really getting on my nerves.
Yes i did, i paid in full on pro day

Can we assume that there's a good chance trade in values will drop by tomorrow? Unfortunately the local store only accepts 1 copy per game trade in. Debating whether to make a trade in this afternoon and do a second run tonight.
The last one, or maybe the one before that, lasted through Wednesday, but likely the exception vs. the rule.

Off topic question for anyone that uses cash back or reward points sites:

Do you get credit for purchases when you use trade credit? One site I use only credited for 1 of 3 purchases I made, and I think that was when I used a credit card instead of gamestop credit. A site I used previously gave me reward points for every purchase, but it was a much lower rate; that's why I switched. Now I can't tell if that's the reason why one credits at a lower rate than the other. I didn't see it in the terms specified that it had to be actual money spent instead of credit, but that would make sense.

If you do combine rewards sites with trade credit purchases, what sites do you use?
Just trying to maximize my value, and I try to only spend GS credit if I can help it.
Can confirm you get cashback

Can anybody access the orders on GS website? I've been trying since yesterday and keep getting an error.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
short answer yes.

long answer, something IS wrong, pc gets gs fine, phone1 has intermittent trouble, even got the blocked message someone else was posting about, phone2 has zero problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back