2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre order 5 games and never pick them up. Cancel and move the credit over later. And make sure the manager is the one who eats 5 cancelations. Stupid policy, and doesn't seem to be a corporate one thus far.

Man, fuck them.

Just received a phone call from my local GS... probably the most Gamestop phone call yet. In order to pre-order a Series S/X (can only get one) you are required to pre-order 5 games/accessories to go along with it. It is not a pre-set bundle, so I'm hoping those are 5 pre-orders that can be returned/cancelled after launch.

Took advantage of that “extra $5 on games traded towards PS5 game preorders” and got most of what I wanted completely paid off (Demon’s Souls, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition) but I couldn’t preorder Assassins Creed Gold Edition, even the website doesn’t have it to preorder but every other game I’ve checked in the launch window seems preorder-able.
Did this promo end yesterday or is it still going?

i cant say for sure, the ad says its back to just switch games, but the trade page says it goes until 10/5
Anybody know in these trade in promos when you trade in towards a preorder, if you trade in $120 of games do you get the extra on a gift card or do you have to put towards additional preorders. I usually stock up on trades for the extra $5, but will use some for this promo.

Checked a few more stores...was told it is a corporate requirement.  Also was told it is a bundle and can't be returned/canceled separately.

Checked a few more stores...was told it is a corporate requirement. Also was told it is a bundle and can't be returned/canceled separately.
I usually never jump in on beating up companies over policies but this is a dumb policy. I was actually going to trade my One X there towards it but not now.

Edit: Is there even 5 games at launch for the Series X to buy? That’s not a diss, there aren’t 5 games I can think worth getting right at launch for either system.

Anybody know in these trade in promos when you trade in towards a preorder, if you trade in $120 of games do you get the extra on a gift card or do you have to put towards additional preorders. I usually stock up on trades for the extra $5, but will use some for this promo.
I’m pretty sure they’ll put the rest on a card. I traded in a bunch of games and paid off entirely Demon’s Souls and Miles Morales Ultimate and they didn’t have the AC Valhalla Gold version yet for preorder but they put the rest on a card for me.

The extra $5 per game traded (has to have a base value of at least $5 to get bonus) goes through October 5th. It is listed on the GameStop App under Current Trade Offers.

Checked a few more stores...was told it is a corporate requirement. Also was told it is a bundle and can't be returned/canceled separately.
Im pretty sure if this is official and Microsoft gets wind of this, this might be their one and only shipments. They have pretty strict guidelines regarding preorders that Microsoft gave retailers they need to follow.

Was at GS earlier and the employee told me that there would be PS5 preorders opening tomorrow or the next day, but they are only doing bundles. Screw them. I don't want to buy $250+ worth of additional crap.

Yea... I’m ordering a Diskless Series S and preordering 5 games for it. Kinda defeats the purpose...
Guessing they'd make you pre-order DIGITAL version of games?

Got the 4 14.99 and under for $30 to stack with with the buy 2 get one free.

Just noticed it now on an order.
I had 8 games on an order this weekend, and didn't get any of them free - was all half priced. :oldman:

Was at GS earlier and the employee told me that there would be PS5 preorders opening tomorrow or the next day, but they are only doing bundles. Screw them. I don't want to buy $250+ worth of additional crap.
Any idea what the bundle was? I'd be fine if it was something simple like an extra controller and charging station ... I mean they have bundles for switch lites with just a screen protector :D/

I'm really interested to see tomorrow more about the XBox bundling thing. Then I'll kind of make my decision. But that leaves the question... will this discourage scalping and help reduce supply issues?

Yea... I’m ordering a Diskless Series S and preordering 5 games for it. Kinda defeats the purpose...
Technically there are controllers but yeah, discs also won't work for X-Cloud. That $200 trade in value on the Xbox One X sounded too good to be true and I'm glad at least the strings attached became visible before I went to a store. Thanks Gamestop for helping me accept that it makes no sense to pay full price for this optional upgrade.

Just received a phone call from my local GS... probably the most Gamestop phone call yet. In order to pre-order a Series S/X (can only get one) you are required to pre-order 5 games/accessories to go along with it. It is not a pre-set bundle, so I'm hoping those are 5 pre-orders that can be returned/cancelled after launch.
You’ve gotta be kidding. So they want to tie up another $25 for close to 2 months. Times must be more desperate than I thought.

Does anyone outside of Oregon have this directive? Just called my store in STL and they said this isn't a thing. Can't research GS Reddit b/c everything next gen is in one massive thread and it's just people pissed about the PS5 preorders.

I just got back from redeeming my $5 PUR monthly cert and the manager told me that they are only getting 8 Xbox Series Xs and Ss. He said just order it online.

K so calling a few locations for info because these guys act like anything is a secret...

They will be opening at 10am which is know...   

People looking to use Xbox All Access that will not be available to preorders in Store only online !!

They will not tell you how many they will have over the phone but they said they will be hanging a sign on the door either tonight or tomorrow morning saying how many that store has to try to avoid having large groups of people lining up and swamping stores.

So good luck everyone

I'm want to trade in some PS4 games. I see they have a promo to trade in games toward PS5 and XSX software for an additional $5. Does anyone know if I can later cancel those preorders and retain the value of the promo? Just looking for in store credit.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:<br>Series X - 6-12 per store<br>Series S - 2-4 per store</p>— Wario64 (@Wario64) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1308105983827128320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [twitter]

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store

— Wario64 (@Wario64) https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1308105983827128320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
[/twitter]

It's artificial scarcity by Gamestop.  They are reserving stock for their online bundles.  I bet after launch they will be readily available.

Stupid question but is it possible to pay half in a trade credit and half on a debit/credit card on the website? Just in case I have to get a GS bundle if I miss out tomorrow at the actual store.

Thanks

Stupid question but is it possible to pay half in a trade credit and half on a debit/credit card on the website? Just in case I have to get a GS bundle if I miss out tomorrow at the actual store.

Thanks
Only if your trade-in credit has partial funds - if it has more than enough funds, I do not think you can split payments.

It's artificial scarcity by Gamestop. They are reserving stock for their online bundles. I bet after launch they will be readily available.
That's an equal amount of digital systems and 40% fewer disk systems than the in-store PS5 allotment. Don't really think it's artificial scarcity. Have we heard about MS funding jumbo jet's to get the units from China to US faster like Sony did? (FYI I am getting both systems so not being a fanboy.)

Rumor alert: I was trading in games for the $5 extra trade-in deal and the guys at my store were saying they are planning to deal with PS5 and Xbox pre-orders tomorrow. Super heavy grain of salt but might be worth keeping an eye out tomorrow if you are looking for a PS5.

Can you double-dip with the $10 game coin like you can with the monthly coupons (ie use it for online pickup and still have it in your active offers for use in store)?

Gamestop has had an order I put it on friday as "preparing for shipment" status since then... I wanted to cancel it over the weekend, you can't-- and they're also taking their sweet time doing anything. Reminds me of the last time I had this problem, I couldn't cancel and it took 5 days for a shipment, during that time I emailed them to ask them to cancel, and I got a response back six months later asking if I still needed help.

Man,this sucks. Took in 8 games for trade and appears I am banned. He said the code is for excessive trade ins. Haven't traded in games in since March. Did buy like 4copies of games during the $3 for $20 to stock up for a trade in deal. Like Days Gone, God Of War, sea of thrives. He didn't know how long it lasts. Hopefully it's not lifetime. I've done the 90 day ban twice. Maybe third strike your out.

Update on my (looks like) district policy:

Snapped a pick of their bundle options (what the employee referred to as Microsoft required bundles):

Bundle 1 ($904.95)

Series X

Xbox Elite 2 Controller

Astro XB A20 Headset

Gears Tactics

Game Pass Ultimate 3 months

Bundle 2 ($784.95)

Series X

Xbox Controller - Black

Astro XB A20 Headset

Assassins Creed Valhalla

Bundle 3 ($504.96)

Series S

Xbox Controller - White

Steel Series XSX Arctis 1 Headset

Load of shit (not to mention, none of these have the 5 game/accessory that I was told was required yesterday)

This store is getting 8 / 2 systems.

Looks like the sheet was for in-store use.  Had a tally sheet for Actual Pre-Orders, Bundles Sold, Accessories Attached, Software Attached, and GPGs/PRPs Sold

I cashed out to Xbox GCs, I'll try my luck with Microsoft Store

Was going into store today to spend my PUR + game coin, found out my game coin got removed... It wasn't even 2 weeks, the expiration date on it said 9/25. Wtf GameStop, FWIW, they gave me the 10k points when I called about it earlier in the month but I would've liked to use that for something to flip since they screwed me on Madden's GC

Update on my (looks like) district policy:

Snapped a pick of their bundle options (what the employee referred to as Microsoft required bundles):

Bundle 1 ($904.95)
Series X
Xbox Elite 2 Controller
Astro XB A20 Headset
Gears Tactics

Bundle 2 ($784.95)
Series X
Xbox Controller - Black
Astro XB A20 Headset
Assassins Creed Valhalla

Bundle 3 ($504.96)
Series S
Xbox Controller - White
Steel Series XSX Arctis 1 Headset

Load of shit (not to mention, none of these have the 5 game/accessory that I was told was required yesterday)

This store is getting 8 / 2 systems.

Looks like the sheet was for in-store use. Had a tally sheet for Actual Pre-Orders, Bundles Sold, Accessories Attached, Software Attached, and GPGs/PRPs Sold

I cashed out to Xbox GCs, I'll try my luck with Microsoft Store
Good God I’m glad I didn’t trade in my PS4 Pro and Series X there with the bonus trade credit. My goal was just to get the Series X as close to costing me nothing as possible (already have $100 credit there), but this is BS. I’m not trading in both and still having to pay about $300.

It’s my conspiracy theory but if they are requiring that they must be at their last breath before going under, like seriously.

Rumor alert: I was trading in games for the $5 extra trade-in deal and the guys at my store were saying they are planning to deal with PS5 and Xbox pre-orders tomorrow. Super heavy grain of salt but might be worth keeping an eye out tomorrow if you are looking for a PS5.
I would absolutely expect for the promise Sony made days ago for more pre-order allocation to arrive tomorrow. They likely withheld stock on purpose to spoil MS' launch day. Poor form IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back