2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need suggestions/recommendations:

I have a $5 and $10 store credit to use by Saturday, and the $30 credit too. I'm not necessarily in need of any games or accessories right now, so any suggestions on what non-toy/figure stuff to buy would be appreciated.

Love to get a used copy of Fallen Order for 19.99 but since Gamedtop refuses to honor daily deals in store (and since the stock checker is fucked up and won't let me pick it up at a store that has 5+ in stock), guess I'll wait til Xmas when its probably that price anyways.

I have a $5 and $10 store credit to use by Saturday, and the $30 credit too. I'm not necessarily in need of any games or accessories right now, so any suggestions on what non-toy/figure stuff to buy would be appreciated.
Just buy Watch Dogs Legions on Friday and G2L it back the next day. Then all the expiring coupons will turn into TC minus a $2-3 convenience fee.

Love to get a used copy of Fallen Order for 19.99 but since Gamedtop refuses to honor daily deals in store (and since the stock checker is fucked up and won't let me pick it up at a store that has 5+ in stock), guess I'll wait til Xmas when its probably that price anyways.
Shouldn't that one technically work with b2g1 as long as the free item isn't on sale?

Just buy Watch Dogs Legions on Friday and G2L it back the next day. Then all the expiring coupons will turn into TC minus a $2-3 convenience fee.
True, but is there something else I can do and not lose money? These aren't the best times to be doing that, lol.

Gift cards are a last resort, however, I'm sure I'm missing something else.

Just buy it online like you are supposed to with the deal of the day but choose store pick up

True, but is there something else I can do and not lose money? These aren't the best times to be doing that, lol.
Gift cards are a last resort, however, I'm sure I'm missing something else.
You aren't losing money, those coupons/vouchers aren't worth anything. $60 credit is. Then use it on a DotD or B2G1 that you can flip for cash, use it for Christmas, or just sell the card.

Pikmin 3 Deluxe. It’s G2L, so you could conceivably return it and bypass the expiration on the credits.

I'm waiting for the store-in-stock checker to come back on so I can order another box of random crap!  :razz:

Speaking of which - it seems like they have some sort of algorithm that is discounting random games $5-$20 maybe based on their historical vs recent sales volume / stock that aren't advertised of part of any specific promo. I see a bunch of items in my retro wishlist that are both out of stock and still have sale prices for no apparent reason 

That's just a site glitch. I've had it before multiple times. If the tracking number starts with a 9, it's most likely Fedex.
I don’t have any idea where you came up with that idea, but by coincidence, I received two packages today, one UPS and one USPS (probably handoff though) , and both tracking numbers start with 9.

Question. 

I see people talking about using G2L to shift certificates to trade credit. Tried to preorder watch dogs today using $60 certs. Associate said can’t use them on preorders. Do I have to wait until release day and buy in store?  I assume then you can’t get the game coin. 

I don’t have any idea where you came up with that idea, but by coincidence, I received two packages today, one UPS and one USPS (probably handoff though) , and both tracking numbers start with 9.
UPS SurePost and Mail Innovations will start with 9 but are long tracking numbers. Normal UPS packages start with 1Z. The majority of shipments from GameStop will be handled by FedEx. It was a stupid choice since they suck, but oh well.

Question.

I see people talking about using G2L to shift certificates to trade credit. Tried to preorder watch dogs today using $60 certs. Associate said can’t use them on preorders. Do I have to wait until release day and buy in store? I assume then you can’t get the game coin.
Preorder in full. Then when you go to pick it up, tell them you want to use reward certs on it. You'll get the coin that way.

Mine ordered Nintendo Switch bundle with Mario Kart is cancelled.  Of-course Gamestop charge me $14.50 for no reason. I will call them later this week.  Be aware sneaky charge on your credit card.

Cyberpunk pushed to 12/10 so we won't be getting those GC until then
I'm not even excited for the game at this point. All these delays is very reminiscent of Aliens Colonial Marines, just have a bad feeling that the hype for this game isn't going to go over well when it eventually comes out.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1321128432370176002

I'm not even excited for the game at this point. All these delays is very reminiscent of Aliens Colonial Marines, just have a bad feeling that the hype for this game isn't going to go over well when it eventually comes out.
I'm as excited for it as ever, which is fairly little. I'm still buying it because they're good for the industry, and I really don't expect it to be like Aliens, which was easily traceable to Gearbox's fuck-ups. This one was developed in house, and I can't imaging it being that bad. I fully expect performance issues, however, like Witcher 3.

Guess I’m the only one with no hype for Cyberpunk. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Demon’s Souls are the only two games I’m playing for the rest of the year.

Interesting, as long as they fix online stock checker I think this is ok.  Better than the previous practice.  Having to ask about anything not in the top 200 though, that is going to drive an even bigger gulf between high profile AAA sales and niche game sales.  They should still have all preowned cases out on display though I would hope, no reason not to.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1321143444111302658
Hopefully it means we will be guaranteed to get a case + art with both new and preowned games now. (assuming there are none on display to damage or get stolen. :oldman:

Might also portend requiring cases for full trade value? :cold:

If the mwt1030 is the updated list a few games I noticed that aren't on there are Mario Tennis Aces, RDR 2 (PS4), Fallen Order (PS4), and GTA V (PS4).

Comparing delays is fine by me. Definitely took it as a game comparison though. My mistake.

I'm not hyped for Cyberpunk at all but there's no way it's going to be Colonial Marines.

Apparently you can't use the $5 power up renewal coupon on xbox currency
Something may have changed. A few months (maybe Augustish) back when I renewed I used mine on XB currency. I remember it being a odd situation, I renewed on like the last day of the month or something and she printed my receipt she noticed it expired like the next day so I asked to buy $5 XB code.

Something may have changed. A few months (maybe Augustish) back when I renewed I used mine on XB currency. I remember it being a odd situation, I renewed on like the last day of the month or something and she printed my receipt she noticed it expired like the next day so I asked to buy $5 XB code.
i'll try again at a different store as i still have to go back to gamestop to use the coupon. the guy wasn't aware you could buy $5 in xbox currency or that the monthly reward worked on it until i bought one today

Hopefully it means we will be guaranteed to get a case + art with both new and preowned games now. (assuming there are none on display to damage or get stolen. :oldman:

Might also portend requiring cases for full trade value? :cold:
Wow, this seems like a bad idea... employees are going to be fielding "is this in stock" questions in person and via phone.

Unless they fix the inventory stock system and actually keep it running consistently.

Wow, this seems like a bad idea... employees are going to be fielding "is this in stock" questions in person and via phone.

Unless they fix the inventory stock system and actually keep it running consistently.
Everyone knows typical gamers are the ones who love to socialize and chat with the employees to ask about stock instead of walking right out because they don't want to ask.

The TRU in Marion, IL was still using that as late as 2015 for games.
Hey fellow Southern Illinoisan you are in my area, there was one time that TRU saved an embarrassing Christmas for me. They were open late so I could buy my brother a Pokémon game that hadn’t come in the mail yet.

Agreeing that the paper system was great. A flip and you could see the back and it was never out of order. They have to dig out the game anyway.

Hey fellow Southern Illinoisan you are in my area, there was one time that TRU saved an embarrassing Christmas for me. They were open late so I could buy my brother a Pokémon game that hadn’t come in the mail yet.

Agreeing that the paper system was great. A flip and you could see the back and it was never out of order. They have to dig out the game anyway.
The biggest drawback is when they dont keep proper inventory. Damm samsclub

Does anybody know the details of the extra $5 trade-in credit that I was reading a few pages back?  Or has it been replaced by the 30% extra trade-in credit?

Sorry, I tried to look but this thread is massive.  I have a bunch of $5-10 trade in value games I'd like to put towards a PS5 preorder OR a PS5 game and I'm just trying to maximize the value.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back