2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Target debunked this and apologized for the confusion, it will be in a shipping box. Check Wario64’s tweets
I saw thanks. I thought it was a continuing trend after someone confirmed their Walmart order arrived that way. May have been a one-off then.

9 G2L titles I saw on a poster behind the register.

Yakuza
AC Valhalla
COD BO CW
Sack boy
Demons Souls
Playstation all stars
Hyrule Warriors
Cyberpunk

Can't remember the last one. Great way to pad your progress to spend 300 get 30.

Yakuza
AC Valhalla
COD BO CW
Sack boy
Demons Souls
Playstation all stars
Hyrule Warriors
Cyberpunk

Can't remember the last one. Great way to pad your progress to spend 300 get 30.
Might have to get demon souls. Only deal I’ve seen basically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went into GS to trade in a couple games for cyperpunk for the PS4/PS5 I didn't receive the 30% bonus i thought it did since the Xbox one/series X version was on the ad I thought the PS4/5 version also got it before I did it I asked the associate if it did get it since it wasn't on the ad and she said yes so I went with it but didn't get it do y'all know if I talk to the manager about it tomorrow that if he will be able to do something about it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Anyone else showing a $5 discount on launch ps5 games? Spiderman and sackboy were both $5 off but not stuff like watchdogs or assassins creed.

Edit- must be fixed prices are normal again.

Is there no chance to get through with phone support? I've been on hold for over 20 minutes without speaking to somebody and am not sure if I should bother waiting any longer since there's not even a "Somebody will be with you in a moment" message. I tried emailing about an issue a few months back and got an email apologizing for the wait time and asking if I still needed help, but they never replied to that either.
Those are rookie numbers. I’ve had to wait 105 mins on hold twice over two different months before I finally reached someone. I’ve reached out over Twitter and it took them a month to respond to me.

Got a call from my home about a game I ordered online for in-store pickup (LoZ: BotW) that I haven't pick up yet. I was also told that my pre-order of Miles Morales PS4 won't be ready for pickup until Friday due to shipping delays. No biggie. It actually works out because I have NFS: HP Remastered for Switch pre-ordered so I can pick up both games.

I think I lost my Assassin’s Creed receipt...anyone ever done a G2L trade without a receipt? Hoping my local store will be cool about it since I’m a regular...

Yakuza
AC Valhalla
COD BO CW
Sack boy
Demons Souls
Playstation all stars
Hyrule Warriors
Cyberpunk

I believe you need to pick up the game to get the points and coupon credit. Cyberpunk comes out a few weeks after the promo ends

Went into GS to trade in a couple games for cyperpunk for the PS4/PS5 I didn't receive the 30% bonus i thought it did since the Xbox one/series X version was on the ad I thought the PS4/5 version also got it before I did it I asked the associate if it did get it since it wasn't on the ad and she said yes so I went with it but didn't get it do y'all know if I talk to the manager about it tomorrow that if he will be able to do something about it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
kinda hard to understand what youre saying. But i think I did. There is no way to get the correct amount of trade credit AFTER they have taken your trades. I noticed this when trying to do some trades the other day and quickly switched to COD and it worked.

Yakuza
AC Valhalla
COD BO CW
Sack boy
Demons Souls
Playstation all stars
Hyrule Warriors
Cyberpunk

Can anyone confirm getting G2L codes on receipts for PS5 games today? Or XSX games Tuesday?

I wouldn’t think Spider-Man ultimate would be part of the g2l, considering it comes with a dlc code for the 1st game
It could be they only give you the $50 back for it, not the full payment value. They did this with the deluxe versions of Death Stranding when it was G2L.

Anyone order PS5 games from GameStop.com and have them ship yet? Ordered one to utilize a $5 monthly cert and it has been preparing for shipment for like a week. Just curious if I need to call or what.

Can I trade in my copy of Spider-Man Miles Morales or any G2L game to any GS store? Or does it have to be the same store I purchased it from?

As an aside, my store didn’t have my PS4 copy available today because FedEx messed up and delayed it. Would’ve been nice to know before wasting 30 minutes getting to the store

Can I trade in my copy of Spider-Man Miles Morales or any G2L game to any GS store? Or does it have to be the same store I purchased it from?

As an aside, my store didn’t have my PS4 copy available today because FedEx messed up and delayed it. Would’ve been nice to know before wasting 30 minutes getting to the store
Nothing in the terms requires you to trade it in to the same store. As long as you have the receipt with the code on it, you should be good to trade it in at any other store.

Thankfully someone from my home store called and let me know about it being delayed yesterday (I have it pre-ordered). It stinks that the store you went to didn't do the same.

I used my monthly cert in store and was still able to add it to my cart afterwards for those who are wondering if that still works.

2 did surprisingly Langrisser 1&2 and borderlands collection. The rest were expired outside of sonic which said I couldn't claim it for my region. Which is weird.
In fairness, gold points are pretty worthless for someone who pretty much only buys physical games.

Anyone order PS5 games from GameStop.com and have them ship yet? Ordered one to utilize a $5 monthly cert and it has been preparing for shipment for like a week. Just curious if I need to call or what.
Little bit late on the response, but I'm in the same boat. I REALLY would like my Demons Souls please, Gamestop

I have a fully paid-off Cold War pre-order I'll pick up tomorrow, but I also have 95,000 points I'd like to convert... is there any special trick I need to know about adding certs in this scenario?  I feel like 50% of the time I go into my store the employees aren't even aware of G2L or pre-order bumps, so I'd like to be able to walk them through what to do (if it's still possible).

Any of y'all preorder the GS PS5 bundle? I had only the console delivered and not the games/controller. I gave them a call today because I paid for overnight shipping and I'd like a refund. They told me they can't give me a refund on that because it has not been delivered yet. I asked why does that matter? Because in case the item does not ever get delivered, we can refund you altogether at once - but please call us back next week. This is the most backwards horseshit I've heard in my life... Boy am I mad! 

HEADS UP! 

If you have a Chase credit card or debit card, check your offers. My Chase Freedom had had a 10% bonus cashback at GS, up to $9, and the offer expires in 23 days for me. I believe it's a one time thing so use it for something good. I just made a $20 purchase on GS.com (stupidly) but not sure if online orders count... 

I have 50k points. I'm about to get the game coin from call of duty, and the 30 fpr spending $300 gamecoin today. plus my monthly coupon and idk what to spend it on. I wish the arctis 1 was wireless for both next gen consoles

HEADS UP!

If you have a Chase credit card or debit card, check your offers. My Chase Freedom had had a 10% bonus cashback at GS, up to $9, and the offer expires in 23 days for me. I believe it's a one time thing so use it for something good. I just made a $20 purchase on GS.com (stupidly) but not sure if online orders count...
I have this offer on my Chase Freedom, and it's actually valid for multiple transactions, thru 12/8/20:

"Earn 10% back on all of your GameStop purchases, until a $9.00 back maximum is reached."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back