2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know trading in 2 copies of a game in the same transaction is somewhat frowned upon, but does that apply if they are from different consoles?
Depends on the store manager, but technically the POS will ring up 10+ copies of the same game for each console for trade-in, its mostly just at their discretion. If you have a big pile of games, its pretty easy to sneak in 3 copies of the same one at the top/middle/bottom of the stack.

When is your shipment expected to arrive? I was planning on doing what you did but the expected ship date was the 13th to the 16th. The game has bad reviews and I expect the TIV to drop really fast.
I only do free-shipping as I don't see any point to pay for "premium-in-transit". So only 1 set of my copies arrived (the rest still stuck in pre-shipment), but they traded in just fine :D/ So won't get anymore in on the +5 promo so hopefully TIV doesn't crater too bad next week/month...

7otuY1R.png

Both were shrink wrapped but had pre-owned stickers put on them. :whistle2:o

I got $26.50 for Forza Horizon too...might as well since it's on game pass. Now just trying to decide whether to trade Fast and Furious Crossroads for $7 plus $5 bonus or wait for a real bump. It's not typical for a $40 game to have such a low TIV.

I got $26.50 for Forza Horizon too...might as well since it's on game pass. Now just trying to decide whether to trade Fast and Furious Crossroads for $7 plus $5 bonus or wait for a real bump. It's not typical for a $40 game to have such a low TIV.
It can if it’s a terrible game like that and there’s no demand for it.

yes, if they still have stock...lots of those stores sell out of consoles pretty quickly...
Was at a local store that is closing, and they explained the discounts to me... BUT the one caveat is they wouldn't discount the lone switch lite that was new, and sitting on their counter.

So you're telling me my local store is lying? I generally trust this store, as their employees are pretty helpful.

Was at a local store that is closing, and they explained the discounts to me... BUT the one caveat is they wouldn't discount the lone switch lite that was new, and sitting on their counter.

So you're telling me my local store is lying? I generally trust this store, as their employees are pretty helpful.
Maybe the discounts take some time to kick in and haven’t started yet? Last year, before the pandemic, I bought 2 XBOX One X consoles for like $225 each I think (don’t remember exactly)...and also a switch lite for I believe $125 or so...

Has anyone traded XB Doom Eternal? Just curious if it gets the $10. Probably not, but you never know with GS.
Just got back from doing some trade-ins. Doom Eternal on XB1 is only giving a $5 bonus.

Still couldn't get Battlefield V to trigger the bonus, but got rid of it anyway as I'm done with that game. As the online community on XB1 is dead for that game.

Did my first trade in awhile today. Got the bonus on all games over $5 base, minus MLB 2020. Thankfully the guy was cool enough to add on the $5 for me, so no issues there.

Also able to use my monthly $5 on some PSN credit, and since I was able to add the code to my cart online, it looks to still be valid.

Maybe the discounts take some time to kick in and haven’t started yet? Last year, before the pandemic, I bought 2 XBOX One X consoles for like $225 each I think (don’t remember exactly)...and also a switch lite for I believe $125 or so...
Dunno. All I know is I walked in, saw how bare it looked, and figured they had jacked pre-owned mlprices back up to pretty much negate the 40% (?) discount they had on pre-owned stuff.

Didn't care enough to press the employees for more info, as even if it was 20% off retail, $160 is an okay-ish deal (in my personal opinion, mainly because I don't really care for the switch lite that much).

Is there anyway to use monthly coupon online? Ordered Pathless, sounds like a steal at $25. Must have bombed at retail at least. I loved Journey and Abzu, so I’m 100% down

The Pathless for Playstation 5 is the DotD for $24.99.

Anyone get this and can give impressions?
There were some recommendations on the PSN thread awhile back. I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale, and this is the first price drop/sale I’ve seen so I’ll be picking it up.

Edit - it’s already OOS.

Is there anyway to use monthly coupon online? Ordered Pathless, sounds like a steal at $25. Must have bombed at retail at least. I loved Journey and Abzu, so I’m 100% down
I must not grasp the restrictions on GameStop’s coupons these days. It seems like every time I try to use any coupon online it doesn’t work. I got the $5 online only reward, doesn’t work on anything I try. I tried using my monthly $5 on The Pathless, doesn’t work. So dumb

Depends on the store manager, but technically the POS will ring up 10+ copies of the same game for each console for trade-in, its mostly just at their discretion. If you have a big pile of games, its pretty easy to sneak in 3 copies of the same one at the top/middle/bottom of the stack.

I only do free-shipping as I don't see any point to pay for "premium-in-transit". So only 1 set of my copies arrived (the rest still stuck in pre-shipment), but they traded in just fine :D/ So won't get anymore in on the +5 promo so hopefully TIV doesn't crater too bad next week/month...

7otuY1R.png

Both were shrink wrapped but had pre-owned stickers put on them. :whistle2:o
If only we could pay for "premium handling" so the employees would make sure the packages get picked up! I'm 6/6 on shipments awaiting carrier pickup.

5+ 50% off AND trade-in bonuses for XS/PS5 games back this week...not bad.
Without sale prices on the games, there isn't much I'm interested in at 50%. Prices have gone up (which helped trade in values) across the board. I can't remember a time that there wasn't a 20% preorder bonus on anything. Seeing that bonus for XSX/PS5 is still valid gives me a small shred of hope the +5 hasn't been deactivated. Let's find out when stores open today.

If only we could pay for "premium handling" so the employees would make sure the packages get picked up! I'm 6/6 on shipments awaiting carrier pickup.

Without sale prices on the games, there isn't much I'm interested in at 50%. Prices have gone up (which helped trade in values) across the board. I can't remember a time that there wasn't a 20% preorder bonus on anything. Seeing that bonus for XSX/PS5 is still valid gives me a small shred of hope the +5 hasn't been deactivated. Let's find out when stores open today.
Weekly email ad lists the +$5 as still being offered this week, so I’m guessing yes. So there is some hope on the soccers arriving in time!

And agree on the 50% being meh this round. Nothing of note from the wishlist in stock or at a discount but might stroll thru a store’s stock when trading in. :)

The Pathless for Playstation 5 is the DotD for $24.99.

Anyone get this and can give impressions?
It's one of my favorite games of 2020. It's like shadow of the colossus meets zelda, but with it's own unique gameplay elements thrown in there too. It doesn't hold your hand and is mostly exploration and puzzle solving, with some "boss battles".

I'm only seeing +10 for ps5, xbox series. Am I missing something?
It's in the email for the weekly ad, not the actual weekly ad. Kinda like how this past week, the +5 wasn't in the weekly ad either.

3unFghW.png

Fine Print = Offer valid for SWI, PS4 and XB One game trades only. Game must have a minimum value of $5.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Weekly email ad lists the +$5 as still being offered this week, so I’m guessing yes. So there is some hope on the soccers arriving in time!

And agree on the 50% being meh this round. Nothing of note from the wishlist in stock or at a discount but might stroll thru a store’s stock when trading in. :)
did anyone confirm that $5 bonus still working? I couldn't do any trades yesterday :/

Yesterday’s ad has nothing to do with today’s, but the bonus did work yesterday. Two of the four trade ins I didn’t get the boost tho.
yes thanks. im aware it's different ads. the $5 promo is not in the new ad, but someone said it's mentioned in the email newsletter for this coming week. that's why im asking

What was the issue causing it to not apply?
I think they only bumped certain titles worth $5 or more. I didn’t get it on DQ11 and another game, but I got it on ACOrigins and Forza H4
yes thanks. im aware it's different ads. the $5 promo is not in the new ad, but someone said it's mentioned in the email newsletter for this coming week. that's why im asking
I got you. You were just asking about Saturday, and the ad changes Sat to Sun, so I was clarifying that part.

All the holiday sales ended yesterday, did TIV's go up today for anything?

Trying to get rid of the playstation exclusives (God of War, Horizon ZD, Little Big Planet 3, Gran Turismo, etc.) but when I checked yesterday all the TIV's were still in the 3-5 dollar range.

Boo. 
Ended up not using my $15 credit from purchases on Dec 25-26 because there were so many dumb extra rules to it that weren't stated on the promo code or website previously, and I wasn't about to spend more money on stuff I only "kinda-sorta" wanted just to use the coupon. 

While it's not unreasonable for them to not want to let promos stack, they probably should mention that on the promo codes. I wouldn't have bothered hunting through the lists of 4/$30 preowneds for stuff I'd actually play had I known that they wouldn't allow the $15 promo code along with that promo, even if you had another $20 of additional purchases.  

I think they only bumped certain titles worth $5 or more. I didn’t get it on DQ11 and another game, but I got it on ACOrigins and Forza H4
Were any of those games exactly at $5 TIV? I was buying a $10 PSN at my local store today and someone ahead of me traded in 4 PS4 games (No Man's Sky, a CoD, plus something else) and the worker commented on how each got a $5 bump except the one that had a $5 base TIV,

Boo.
Ended up not using my $15 credit from purchases on Dec 25-26 because there were so many dumb extra rules to it that weren't stated on the promo code or website previously, and I wasn't about to spend more money on stuff I only "kinda-sorta" wanted just to use the coupon.

While it's not unreasonable for them to not want to let promos stack, they probably should mention that on the promo codes. I wouldn't have bothered hunting through the lists of 4/$30 preowneds for stuff I'd actually play had I known that they wouldn't allow the $15 promo code along with that promo, even if you had another $20 of additional purchases.
I ordered a stupid looking Switch controller skin thing... which I don't really want, but it was the only way to spend exactly $15 without wasting money.

Why can't I check a ps5 game trade in? demon's souls
Bigger question... will they ever have a site or app that functions correctly ... nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back