2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minimum they sell is $10 PSN cards. It's what I do every month. The Pro membership is actually a great value. I also got 10,000 ($10) in points for renewing my membership.
I've cashed in 4 or 5 different 5 dollar monthly credits for 5 bucks in Nintendo Eshop cash.

Minimum they sell is $10 PSN cards. It's what I do every month. The Pro membership is actually a great value. I also got 10,000 ($10) in points for renewing my membership.
Actually, you can buy a $5 Xbox Live code at the register. They can print it on the receipt for you. That way, you can use your $5 coupon, and no money actually has to change hands. It also makes their usual spiel to try to upsell you preorders, warranties, and everything but the kitchen sink before the transaction ends go a lot faster. :applause:

Nintendo Gamestop owes me like $35 from some wiiu games that didn't work that got back to their warehouse in late Dec. I'm never gonna get that money, am I?

But on the other hand, they sent me an extra copy of links and kirby for switch.

I think that's an even trade. Kinda.
You have to call customer service. They can check that it was received and see if you were refunded. They will then issue the refund. If you paid with GC, you may be able to get a digital gift card or they will mail it to you. I had one offer me the digital gift card for the first time yesterday, but I had paid with a credit card so I didn't try it.

Actually, you can buy a $5 Xbox Live code at the register. They can print it on the receipt for you.
I regret getting the receipt codes as they are stuck in my digital locker forever! I'd rather spend the extra 5 trade credit to get a $10 and throw it away. I am terrible for the environment.

Anyone on the GME ride? More profitable than flipping PS5s at this point.
Lol wow, wish I had bought more at $3. :bomb:

Does anybody know what Cyberpunks TIV is for PS4 or if they’re even taking it in? Didn’t experience many glitches while playing, I just don’t really care for the game.

where did you buy it? most places are/were taking returns even if opened so that may be a better route than just getting $25/30 from a trade...

No position in GME --

but I am smiling almost ear-to-ear because this stock has been bad-mouthed by all those short-sellers, and haters on Youtube, and elsewhere for months...

Some of criticism has merit, but there are other retail options, so continued bashing and bad-mouthing made it clear there was some agenda; almost a vendetta against Gamestop.

Now those people that did that, and bet against it got CRUSHED, and lost tons of money no doubt

GME CEOs just left their offices and can be seen jumping up and clapping their feet together in joy

I have a question. I have redeemed $10 in store certificates and used a for a product $20. If I return that item, will they refund 10000 points to me ? Thank you.

I regret getting the receipt codes as they are stuck in my digital locker forever! I'd rather spend the extra 5 trade credit to get a $10 and throw it away. I am terrible for the environment.

Lol wow, wish I had bought more at $3. :bomb:
don't worry, it's going back to $3 in 12-24 months, no way GME should be value the same as of June 2007.

Hopefully the board changes means that the one who had them put all the used game cases behind the counter is gone.   I know that was the one thing customers hated during the holidays and employees wanted changed with the next store reset.   As it's a pain to wait in the long lines and find out what the store has in stock for most.

The stock went up because of getting new board members and online sales were up? Total holiday sales were down 4.8%. No announced plan for increased profitability, new offering or improved customer experience, just hope.

I sold the stock at $16 because of how broken the app is. I got some good gettin - but until they can get the basic execution of redeeming a coupon online I’m out like Cuban. I missed the short squeeze but a bird in the hand and all.

Regardless, competition is good for us CAGs. No one should want them to go out of business - just get their stuff together and be a legitimate competitor that forces other retailers to compete for our business.

My wife went to GameStop to exchange the nba 2k21 game from the ps5 bundle with call of duty Cold War. The agent gave her a resealed copy of the PS5 call of duty....it looks like used like someone traded in the game and GameStop resealed it and sell it again. did anyone have experience about that ? I want to go to that GameStop tomorrow to exchange a sealed copy...

Here are the photos.

https://ibb.co/g4fwG3f
https://ibb.co/WBLP5TM

My wife went to GameStop to exchange the nba 2k21 game from the ps5 bundle with call of duty Cold War. The agent gave her a resealed copy of the PS5 call of duty....it looks like used like someone traded in the game and GameStop resealed it and sell it again. did anyone have experience about that ? I want to go to that GameStop tomorrow to exchange a sealed copy...

Here are the photos.

https://ibb.co/g4fwG3f
https://ibb.co/WBLP5TM

Looks like the way they used to do their "new" display copies before switching to just the circle sticker.

In my area they used to have these plastic sleeves to reseal them back before they used the circles.
Those plastic sleeves looks so cheap because the surface is not even. In my local GameStop, it seems they used both plastic sleeves and circle stickers now. I haven’t gone to GameStop to purchase games for a long time...I cannot imagine they are still selling resealed the game as brand new. I hope I could exchange another one tomorrow .

I am. Bought a ton of stock back when it was at $5-6. The company was always doing well financially even when people were predicting its demise. I've learned never to trust public opinion when investing in stocks and it's paid dividends.

I am. Bought a ton of stock back when it was at $5-6. The company was always doing well financially even when people were predicting its demise. I've learned never to trust public opinion when investing in stocks. It's actually incredible how much money you can make from the stock market.

The stock went up because of getting new board members and online sales were up? Total holiday sales were down 4.8%. No announced plan for increased profitability, new offering or improved customer experience, just hope.
Contrary to what most people believe, actual sales numbers do not affect stock prices by that much. GME reminds me exactly of another stock that I flipped for 20 times its initial value.

I am. Bought a ton of stock back when it was at $5-6. The company was always doing well financially even when people were predicting its demise. I've learned never to trust public opinion when investing in stocks and it's paying off dividends. It's actually incredible how much money you can make from the stock market.

Contrary to what most people believe, actual sales numbers do not affect stock prices by that much. GME reminds me exactly of another stock that I flipped for 20 times its initial value.
I remember that's when I dumped the stock -- when they stopped paying the dividend.

And if you think it's incredible how much you can make in the stock market, you'll also be super surprised at how much and how fast you can lose money as well. Just as those that were shorting GME found out; you can lose over 100% of your initial position and end up owing and blow up your account.

Sales numbers do affect the stock price shortly after the Earnings call. The rest of the time it just follows the index.

I am. Bought a ton of stock back when it was at $5-6. The company was always doing well financially even when people were predicting its demise. I've learned never to trust public opinion when investing in stocks and it's paying off dividends. It's actually incredible how much money you can make from the stock market.

It's also incredible how much you can lose

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but in-store you have to buy exactly 5 games to get 50% off. The 6th game rang up full price when added. I didn't experiment beyond that because it was like pulling teeth with just one associate in the store at the time. 

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but in-store you have to buy exactly 5 games to get 50% off. The 6th game rang up full price when added. I didn't experiment beyond that because it was like pulling teeth with just one associate in the store at the time.
I had to learn that the hard way last time around. Fortunately, after the sale ended, i went into the local store and they offered to give me 40% off of the 4 remaining games that I had been charged full price for, so i was happy.

I remember that's when I dumped the stock -- when they stopped paying the dividend.

And if you think it's incredible how much you can make in the stock market, you'll also be super surprised at how much and how fast you can lose money as well. Just as those that were shorting GME found out; you can lose over 100% of your initial position and end up owing and blow up your account.

Sales numbers do affect the stock price shortly after the Earnings call. The rest of the time it just follows the index.
The most recent earnings call hardly affected the stock price at all despite the slow sales. Either way, I made sure to sell some of my stock before the earnings call and rebuy the dip to maximize profit. I'm actually expecting a crash at some point, but it's unlikely to immediately crash to the value that I bought it at and I'm not too concerned even if it did. I already resold enough yesterday to cover my base investment, which is what I always do when seeking investments that can skyrocket like this. This was a no-brainer to me just like Nintendo in 2012-2013 was.

It's also incredible how much you can lose
Yes, I'm pretty sure we're all aware that you can lose money, but I've already made so much money from a different stock (flipped for 20 times what I bought it for) that I'm effectively just playing with house money at this point. I can literally lose all of my current investments and I will still have made many, many times more than my initial investment. Furthermore, you should only invest what you can afford to lose for this very reason. Overall it's been extremely profitable for myself and many others.

Might have already been mentioned but apparently you can stack the birthday 20% off coupon with the 16% off code right now. 🙂

Good for single item purchases for in- store pickup.

GME hasn't been giving projections or forward guidance due to the COVID-19 disruption, so it's difficult to compare sales or other metrics from this time to previous -- add into that the next-gen cycle. Not to mention there could be other bullish factors, such as outside investors to buoy the price.

We're all in the bull market right now -- wait until the bear market comes. The GME boost was a unique situation due to the short squeeze; not too common. You wouldn't have seen this skyrocket this high just based off the next-gen cycle.

The most recent earnings call hardly affected the stock price at all despite the slow sales. Either way, I made sure to sell some of my stock before the earnings call and rebuy the dip to maximize profit. I'm actually expecting a crash at some point, but it's unlikely to immediately crash to the value that I bought it at and I'm not too concerned even if it did. I already resold enough yesterday to cover my base investment, which is what I always do when seeking investments that can skyrocket like this. This was a no-brainer to me just like Nintendo in 2012-2013 was.

Yes, I'm pretty sure we're all aware that you can lose money, but I've already made so much money from a different stock (flipped for 20 times what I bought it for) that I'm effectively just playing with house money at this point. I can literally lose all of my current investments and I will still have made many, many times more than my initial investment. Furthermore, you should only invest what you can afford to lose for this very reason. Overall it's been extremely profitable for myself and many others.

GME hasn't been giving projections or forward guidance due to the COVID-19 disruption, so it's difficult to compare sales or other metrics from this time to previous -- add into that the next-gen cycle. Not to mention there could be other bullish factors, such as outside investors to buoy the price.

We're all in the bull market right now -- wait until the bear market comes. The GME boost was a unique situation due to the short squeeze; not too common. You wouldn't have seen this skyrocket this high just based off the next-gen cycle.
I don’t think anyone expected a surge of this magnitude and I’m not sure where you got that impression from my posts. I was initially expecting to sell at the $15 price point, which was after the release of the consoles and before the Ryan Cohen involvement. I decided to sell today at $39 because I’m now at an inflection point where the upside might not be worth the potential loss from a crash. I’ve almost octupled my original investment at the $5 value just a few months ago, so I would say this was well worth the risk.

I bought GME end of Feb last year, so will sell around March 1st to reduce my tax load! (I'm cheap-ass trader too!) I'm not cool enough to do all the wallstreetbets shenanigans, as the bulk of my funds are in tech / index as that is all I usually feel comfortable with as a salaried grunt working from home and sitting in meetings all day while farming Minecraft Dunegons for a specific armor for my youngest.  :oldman:  

On topic - my last copies of Street Power Soccer came after a almost a week of pre-shipment - luckily USPS distribution centers are going much faster now. All the XBOX copies were still sealed - PS4 missing shrink wrap. Would buy another 4² DotD again!  :bouncy:

Mystery Box #40 is terrible...

for anybody considering doing the buy 5 under 30 save 50% remember to actually check your games when they come in. I ordered a yugioh game and Paw Patrol on a roll was in the case instead. 

Wow my order from december 9th finally came. All the games came in their cases with cover art and such.  The one game was new surprisingly.  I guess they must have converted it to used. It was odd that it didn't have a single sticker on it though.  But anywho just glad I got seven deadly sins and the dbz card game since those 2 were the big wants of that order and the former was a dotd so I don't think i'd be able to get it on sale again.

Also came in a bubble mailer today was dmc5 from the current 50% off promo. Came with its case and such as well. So batting 6 for 6 is pretty impressive.  Still have 16 more titles from the current order still coming in though but at least that finished off all the nov-dec 50% off games from the last round.

for anybody considering doing the buy 5 under 30 save 50% remember to actually check your games when they come in. I ordered a yugioh game and Paw Patrol on a roll was in the case instead.
That sucks. I've been lucky so far to not run into that issue. Surprised that happened with yugioh though of all things.

How do you even scratch a disc like this.

Doubting I'll even be able to trade it in.

Do they do refurb fees on this sort of thing?

20210114-193735.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back