2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
does gamestop prorate if you return a game from the buy 2 get one free deal?
nope, if you are lucky and the invoice shows you paid full price for the game you might be able to return it for full price, but its not a sure thing that they can't see your transaction history and call you out on it. if you try to return the game that shows as free you are SOL.

How do people scratch up Bluray discs so badly? I just got a PS4 game in the mail and it's scratched to shit and isn't recognized by the console.

Thanks!
Not sure how much use I can get out this since I just need to earn money to buy more cars before I 100% the game, but I'll pick it up for $6 after monthly coupon. Not sure if this will drop to a penny and I love Cyberpunk so this will be a good keepsake with the game.

Thanks!
Not sure how much use I can get out this since I just need to earn money to buy more cars before I 100% the game, but I'll pick it up for $6 after monthly coupon. Not sure if this will drop to a penny and I love Cyberpunk so this will be a good keepsake with the game.
haha, yeah. I have played about 40% and started fallen order but the reviews for the guide are really good. Good quality book. I almost bought the cheaper paperback regular edition but all the reviews pretty much changed my mind. Plus its only 5 bucks more.

How do people scratch up Bluray discs so badly? I just got a PS4 game in the mail and it's scratched to shit and isn't recognized by the console.
Little kids maybe? Pets? It blows my mind too when I see Blu-ray Discs scratched badly
Probably their resurfacing machine as I've heard that it tends to ruin discs.

Besides that the system itself doing it if say it gets knocked over or a bad part.

SMT Nocturne at $30 is the price I've been waiting for. I wanted to take advantage of the deal GameStop has going though where if you buy a new game for 29.99 or higher you get 30% off a pre-owned game. Any ideas why that wouldn't be working with SMT?

SMT Nocturne at $30 is the price I've been waiting for. I wanted to take advantage of the deal GameStop has going though where if you buy a new game for 29.99 or higher you get 30% off a pre-owned game. Any ideas why that wouldn't be working with SMT?
Unfortunately Daily Deal is excluded from stacking with any promotion afaik. Yeah it sucks, wanted to do the same.

So I have a online $5 certificate titled "$5 GameStop Online Cert (APR)" I redeemed points for months ago that no matter what I have in the cart, I can't used. Does anyone know what to do?

So I have a online $5 certificate titled "$5 GameStop Online Cert (APR)" I redeemed points for months ago that no matter what I have in the cart, I can't used. Does anyone know what to do?
Try and get it refunded through customer service. The online ones are a pain and rarely work.

it will be like catherine (switch) i think
bouncing between 20-30 forever

i think 30 is fair enough but i got catherine for 11 bucks from gamestop so i think ill wait as well

I wonder if it's worth buying Nocturne now for $30 or waiting for it to drop to around $20 with the risk of it possibly going OOP and going way up in price as many niche games do. I also remember when Game Quest Direct reprinted the original PS2 Noctune in 2009 for $30 and then GS started selling "opened but new" copies of it shortly after for the same price.

it just came out like a month ago

the only reason im thinking of biting is cause its a convenient use of gamestop points while my local still has a copy

So my friend in Colorado was told today that it was communicated to stores to not PM the website DotD unless the customer persists/asks to complain to DM. Has anyone else been denied PM of the website recently?

So my friend in Colorado was told today that it was communicated to stores to not PM the website DotD unless the customer persists/asks to complain to DM. Has anyone else been denied PM of the website recently?
I just did it today with no issues. The guy was super cool about it, too.

so the promo where trades get an extra 10% if you bring them in a reusable GS bag is apparently still active. It was showing for my trades today until the preorder bonus overrode it.

Pretty confused about online certificates. If I redeem and try and order fire emblem three houses digital for 34.99 (two days only, daily deal?) would this typically work?

So I guess we will not be able to use the monthly certificates online anymore. Since they are changing store hours, that would make sense that you have to use them in store now.

picked up amalur and destroy all humans again 

ended up trading the ones i bought last time for 6 bucks for like 19 during mwt i think

Even before PM varied wildly for me per store. Really depended on the employee and how the SL required a PM to be recored. Some just took a note on a paper, others had to use the store ipad and take screenshots of the competitor store, others just said "sure" and didn't even look for proof. So I suspect PMing the store site will be hit or miss as well - I'd just call them up first to confirm the price match compliance before making the drive.

Random - anyone try WIS on DotDs?

so the promo where trades get an extra 10% if you bring them in a reusable GS bag is apparently still active. It was showing for my trades today until the preorder bonus overrode it.
Dang, I think most were hoping it would somehow stack with a preorder bonus to get to 40%...

Pretty confused about online certificates. If I redeem and try and order fire emblem three houses digital for 34.99 (two days only, daily deal?) would this typically work?
No - at least not on specific sale price adjustments like this. You could check with the monthly cert code to see if the item "qualifies" in the ENTER PROMO CODE + section. It'll show a red "There are no qualifying products in cart for this promotion" once you do.

You've obviously never been to any low income area, especially Section 8 housing. They don't take care of anything they have because they don't pay for it. They can somehow afford video game consoles though and they treat them the same way they do everything else. The case is usually an afterthought and the discs are just thrown all over the place after they're done playing them. Then they go and trade them in to GS.

You've obviously never been to any low income area, especially Section 8 housing. They don't take care of anything they have because they don't pay for it. They can somehow afford video game consoles though and they treat them the same way they do everything else. The case is usually an afterthought and the discs are just thrown all over the place after they're done playing them. Then they go and trade them in to GS.
I can confirm. I was just in Section 8s the other day at your mothers house, and we used her PS4 games as ash trays.

About as bad as buying games controllers and other accessories from upscale folks literally covered with cat and dog hair all over the item.

Kids are kids no matter their economic background. If you give a kid the opportunity to mess up a piece of electronic equipment they will. That’s why GameStop pushes the gpg. It’s not for deal seekers and collectors like most people in this site

Anyone know if you can change your shipping address for an online ore order? I have the Metroid Dread SE pre ordered and realized that I will be out of town starting on October 9th and I imagine gamestop will not get this to me on release day.

So I have destroy all humans x1 $9.99,kingdoms of amalur x1 $9.99 and cyberpunk ps4 $17.99 =$37.97 but I'm still not able to get free shipping even though I'm above the threshold.What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back