2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered preowned Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, and Returnal for PS5 with the B2G1Free and Ghost of Tsushima and Ratchet and Clank came sealed with a preowned sticker slapped on the back.
Those are the best kinds. No need to worry about sticker residue

Can't believe my copy of $10 used Spider-Man Miles Morales arrived as the Ultimate Edition with the code unused. Disc looks like it hasn't been touched. Sometimes Gamestop amazes me.

Can't believe my copy of $10 used Spider-Man Miles Morales arrived as the Ultimate Edition with the code unused. Disc looks like it hasn't been touched. Sometimes Gamestop amazes me.
Its not GS, its more of what someone traded in. Someone paid the extra money for the ult edition, then didn't use the code for the SM1. Make no sense to me that someone did that.

You should believe it, as GS has been doing this a lot for me recently. I've been receiving tons of games that are new, with the seal and wrapping completely removed and you can still see some left on the box, but I ordered pre-owned in the first place. Not that I'm complaining, but it feels like they're starting to do the converting new/sealed copies to new if it ships from one of their warehouse facilities rather than a store, and then opening them up for shipping for pre-owned. I mean, I get their strategy though, since they're banking on customers trading them in after so they can keep the free flowing of inventory more easily from their pre-owned, and you can't do that when you have tons of new copies unsold and sealed, since they make more money through their pre-owned system. But yeah, I've ordered tons this season, and I say about 15% of my pre-owned games thus far have arrived this way, lol. Everything completely new with the exception of the actual sealed wrap. ;)

Off topic anyone remember Fire Thief that got banned on here? Guess he's back according to SD lol

https://slickdeals.net/f/15530068-shin-megami-tensei-v-nintendo-switch-34-99-at-amazon?src=catpagev2
starwars-obi-wan.gif

Its not GS, its more of what someone traded in. Someone paid the extra money for the ult edition, then didn't use the code for the SM1. Make no sense to me that someone did that.
That isn’t what happened at all. Ultimate edition got converted to preowned gamestop does this occasionally with overstock and things that don’t sell.

I will buy yours or anybody else's code for Spiderman ultimate edition. Not sure why PSN doesn't sell it separately.

That isn’t what happened at all. Ultimate edition got converted to preowned gamestop does this occasionally with overstock and things that don’t sell.
Doesn’t make any sense. They’re selling the ult edition with those forced ps5 bundles. Brand new and for more than the game is selling standalone

its in stock on the website so they didnt convert anything
probably dont have enough used ones to go around so they have to fulfil the online orders to not get dinged

id imagine most of the ps5 stock is in the hands of consumers after this christmas right about now
i still have my goty edition, heard they changed his face and made it all weird

Just fyi everyone, tons of pre-owned price drops, so if you had some things you had an eye on previously, but was just a bit too high, this is a good time to look at them again.

Basically price drops all across the board, so go give it a look and see if you can get yourself some even better deals with current B2G1. ;)

VFwUPCl.png

wtf?

they cant be serious, like half of these are fake theres no quality control

So some prices are different on some things depending on how I looked at it.

Screenshot 1 was just clicking on their B2G1. Screenshot 2 is slimming the page down to just Switch stuff. It's $47.99 on the actual product page (which is $10 higher than it was on Monday, thanks GS). 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:36535]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:36536]
This is fun. Their webpage is absolute garbage.

This is fun. Their webpage is absolute garbage.
Yes it is. Is anyone else having trouble getting free shipping? I have over $35 in items in my cart but it's charging me 11 bucks. My address is a street address, not a P.O. box. I even tried putting an *item* over $35 in my cart, because I've been told in the past that it's only for *items* over $35, even though the website says orders over $35.

The stupidest part? If I sign out, it starts showing the free shipping. So much for being a rewards member.

Is there anything of value for me to use a monthly $5 pro cert on for a Series S user?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had store credit, so I decided to take the dice roll on B2G1 for Calligula Effect 2, Demon's Souls (PS5), and Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut (PS5).

I can trade in my non-DC GOT for $11, so making it more affordable than the upgrade.

I just got 2 Series X games delivered. Far Cry 6 and Alan Wake Remastered. Well GameStop shipped them in the flimsiest sleeve possible and the Alan Wake case basically has the whole corner of the case crushed. I’m a bit OCD about my stuff. The stores near me don’t have copies to exchange. Any suggestions here ?

I’m still hoping that they give us another buy 2 get 2 again.
I was looking through my order history and saw the last time they did it and cag16 stacked I was able to get games like Pokémon and Mario kart on switch for $19. Good times.

It was converted to used recently I believe. Many people reported as such earlier this month.
Doesn’t make any sense. They’re selling the ult edition with those forced ps5 bundles. Brand new and for more than the game is selling standalone
GameStop semifrequently converts new to used. So it's not hard to believe. As for it making sense you're silly to expect something GameStop does to follow human logic.

Received a converted ps4 game with the typical case scuffing.  The strange thing is that is was a game released three months ago, Sonic Colors Ultimate.  

Seems like there's no way a publisher would be on board with that.  Might be something gs is doing on their own just to fulfill orders. Makes me wonder if there's a graveyard of baby sonics somewhere around grapevine.

Not a complaint at all though.  This practice is slightly improving the average quality of their products.

Received a converted ps4 game with the typical case scuffing. The strange thing is that is was a game released three months ago, Sonic Colors Ultimate.

Seems like there's no way a publisher would be on board with that. Might be something gs is doing on their own just to fulfill orders. Makes me wonder if there's a graveyard of baby sonics somewhere around grapevine.

Not a complaint at all though. This practice is slightly improving the average quality of their products.
Yeah I saw this morning that the sonic colors ultimate launch edition is $10.99 pre owned.

It was converted to used recently I believe. Many people reported as such earlier this month.
GameStop semifrequently converts new to used. So it's not hard to believe. As for it making sense you're silly to expect something GameStop does to follow human logic.
It makes a lot of sense to their business model, because all that new inventory would just be sitting there anyways if they can't sell through them, and the prices will drop eventually, but that takes some time all the while it's sitting on the shelf. They'll typically do this with older stock, getting rid of remaining stock, or just overflow of inventory of certain titles.

If they convert it to used, it's cheaper and more likely to move off the shelf. If they convert it to used to give to someone else to purchase, they have gotten rid of that stock right now in the moment, and increased their chances that the person might also just trade it back in once they're done with it, or give it to someone else who will do the same.

Gamestop relies on pre-owned as their primary source of moving their inventory flow, so having new games sitting there collecting dust does them no good anyways. Might as well just convert them down, and then increase their chances to have the cycle of trade-ins improve significantly.

They don't really lose all that much converting down from new to used anyways, and now they have some point of sale right now, rather than a hypothetical one down the line for inventory that may or may not move any time soon.

It does make sense specific to a pre-owned business such as this, but for any other business that doesn't deal in as much pre-owned wares, it's complete asinine.

Hopefully we get a same cash as credit trade in here soon, and the console values stay the same, got a Series X today and would love to trade my One X in so I don't have to list it online and deal with people trying giving me some sob story about why I should sell it to them for 75% of what I list it for

Just saw someone pay for $200 in gift card in cash, all $20 bills. The employee proceeded to hold up all ten $20 bills in the light to make sure they were real 🤦

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back