The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='king007']I dont know if this has been stated before but you do not go to more than 2 stores in the same district trying to flip multiple copies of the same game as stores in the same district communicate back and forth. I have tried trading at more than two stores twice and been banned because of it. Good thing is that a call to BBV corp and a few receipts SHOULD get you off the ban list BUT trading at more than 2 stores should be a big NO NO with this whole flipping deal. I trade at 2 stores without restrictions now but this was after coming clean as to what i was doing WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD TWICE IS NOT ILLEGAL. You may be limited to 2 copies per account instead of 2 a day for your abuse. They turned your name over to their trust/sec dept because they think you are stealing the games. Someone new to flipping doesnt understand why someone is trying to ditch so many of the same game and why they would feel the need to go to more than one BBV. If you think about it, sound kinda like what a thief would do. Steal a bunch of games then drive out to the middle of nowhere and ditch them all before the stores catch on. By the time the stores catch on you are on the way back to your side of town.[/QUOTE]

I think the first post should contain a list of suggestions of what to tell a BB\GR employee when trading in 2 or more copies of the same game, trading in a game for a system you don't own, etc. Thankfully, I've never run into any problems, and so I've never really had to dwell on any excuses beyond that standard "got them from a friend". But clearly, the ability to come up with convincing excuses for these types of situations is quickly becoming a necessity for the fledgling CAG lifestyle. So it might be a good idea for the many successful CAGS who have been "getting away with it" in despite their encounters with over-scrupulous employees should contribute to a pool of comprehensive excuses designed to boost the credibility of what would otherwise look like a suspicious transaction.

No doubt, having recourse to the collected wisdom nd creativity of fellow CAGS in these matters would be a lot safer than leaving things to the spur of the moment!:oldman:

I've got trade accounts at over 15 stores in 20 miles and have traded the same games many times to those stores and have yet to have an issue other than with EoJ (see below).

I just dumped a bunch of NCAA's & SST's. Apparently one store has been asking other stores to put a hold on my account for trades because I didn't trade in the camera & cards with EoJ. I've got an extra set of the accessories, so i'm going to bring them in tomorrow and get everything cleared up.

I've got the conversation in my head right now:

Me: "Does the Sku for Rock Band for PS3 say w/ instruments?"
Them: "No"
Me: "Does the SKu for EoJ say w/ camera, cards & mat?"
Them: "No"
Me: "Then why would you guys say it has to come with the extras?"
Them: "I dunno"

But whatever, I understand they gotta make themselves feel important somehow. I'd rather just get it out of the way before they start pulling my trade history for other stores.

BBV TIV: 8/7

:wii:Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors: $9
:wii:Bleach: Shattered Blade: $20
:wii:Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed: $23
:wii:Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: $30

EDIT: Looking for TIV on kung fu panda (wii). I know ppl looking to give it away. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='king007']BBV TIV: 8/7

:wii:Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: $30[/quote]

not bad, so $16.96 Cash --> $30. If only i would pony up and join and gamers club at CC for $20 to save an extra 10%...

Fire Emblem Wii - $30
NCAA March Madness 08 (360)- $22
Fatal Inertia (360) - $28.50
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) - $23

I have $300 in credit now with another $100 worth of games to trade in tomorrow. Thinking of picking up the $299 Xbox 360 Pro. Any reason I should hold out for the Elite, which they also carry for $450? It just has a bigger hard drive right? I could care less about hard drive space...I have a Media Center PC hooked up to my TV with a couple 500 gig drives, so I don't need to store videos or MP3s on a video game system.

Spotted the aforementioned clearances at Blockbuster tonight when I returned The Ruins (which, BTW, was amusing). Appeared to cover many of the formerly $3.99 DVD's (now marked $1.99), and games will be added soon according to the clerk. All of their rental GC games were gone off of the shelf, awaiting retagging for sale - PS2 and XB were still available for rent.

Picked up Beyond The Mat and See No Evil for $1.99 each - Beyond The Mat replaces my copy that was lost long ago, and I figured See No Evil can't suck more than $2 worth.

Yah, my store was reorganizing tonight. Most of the new and used games were in stacks or boxes. Thinking that maybe a major clearance or sale is coming...or they just sold so much during Buy 1 Get 1 that they are shrinking the video game section for the third time in the last few months.

[quote name='BigErn']Wow, just was told at a BBV that my account has been banned/blocked for trading. I traded in maybe 6 Octomania's across 5 different locations and was told that it was due to a loss prevention issue w/ my account. I'm on the phone now w/ BBV customer service to see what they can do. I wasn't moving nearly the quantities that some were and I get flagged? Odd...[/QUOTE]

Another one bites the dust.

You know when the price drops occur, you should of just spread out the trades over a couple of days across several BB/GR.

Well, the CC clearance was a bust - found none of the new titles except for the DaH Wii game... Bah... But along with heading there and getting my son soccer cleats I tacked on a quick GS->BB trip. I took one for the team in that I found out World Champ Poker All In is now only $10 at BB. It's not the end of the world as I still made $1.91 on it - but I wouldn't have bothered, obviously, if I knew, especially as I passed on better stuff (like Vampire Rain). FWIW, the 10% coupon does not work on the 50% off games, which is expected. However, it also didn't work on the Poker game, though it did work on Kain & Lynch. The clerk was at a loss as to why, but since we're only talking about 89 cents I just let it go. It may have to do with the order he scanned them: Poker game, 2 x MM 08, then finally K&L. So just be careful when mixing those things during a GS purchase.

In any case, of course I can verify K&L at $30 and MM 08 at $22 also. I did get 2 MM 08, so overall the quick stop was very worthwhile. I traded the 3 unique games at one store that was near where I went to get the cleats. The second MM 08 will go to my local store tomorrow. All told I'll end up with $84 at BB from $48.06 spent at GS. It would have been $39.97 -> $74 without the Poker game, but decent nonetheless.

It is fairly clear I don't live amongst other pro BBGS flippers as my closest GS had no fewer than FIVE copies of March Madness 08. According to the online locator it is also available at every other store around here. They also had a couple Vampire Rain, and about 5 Kain & Lynch. The only one in short supply was Prey - they had one disc-only copy. If I wasn't going out of town Saturday I would have gotten a few more of the MM 08 and a couple Vampire Rain.

[quote name='Rictor']Fire Emblem Wii - $30
NCAA March Madness 08 (360)- $22
Fatal Inertia (360) - $28.50
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) - $23

I have $300 in credit now with another $100 worth of games to trade in tomorrow. Thinking of picking up the $299 Xbox 360 Pro. Any reason I should hold out for the Elite, which they also carry for $450? It just has a bigger hard drive right? I could care less about hard drive space...I have a Media Center PC hooked up to my TV with a couple 500 gig drives, so I don't need to store videos or MP3s on a video game system.[/quote]

Yea, the only difference the elite has is the hard drive. don't waste your credit. Sounds like you have plenty of space on those gig drives.

[quote name='Rictor']
I have $300 in credit now with another $100 worth of games to trade in tomorrow. Thinking of picking up the $299 Xbox 360 Pro. Any reason I should hold out for the Elite, which they also carry for $450? It just has a bigger hard drive right? I could care less about hard drive space...I have a Media Center PC hooked up to my TV with a couple 500 gig drives, so I don't need to store videos or MP3s on a video game system.[/quote]

MS announced that a future update will allow you to completely copy games to your hard drive for faster loading and reduced disc wear. That may be something to consider.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']not bad, so $16.96 Cash --> $30. If only i would pony up and join and gamers club at CC for $20 to save an extra 10%...[/QUOTE]

Do they even offer that anymore? I still see that sticker on older titles but none of the new ones

[quote name='Link927']Do they even offer that anymore? I still see that sticker on older titles but none of the new ones[/QUOTE]

They do. I bought Dragon Quest at CC today and the clerk was pushing the membership on me.

Also

MM08- $22
K&L-$30

[quote name='io']FWIW, the 10% coupon does not work on the 50% off games, which is expected. However, it also didn't work on the Poker game, though it did work on Kain & Lynch. The clerk was at a loss as to why, but since we're only talking about 89 cents I just let it go. It may have to do with the order he scanned them: Poker game, 2 x MM 08, then finally K&L. So just be careful when mixing those things during a GS purchase.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Apparently the cashier I dealt with was just clueless and was relying on the computer to take care of all the promos automatically. I just printed another 10% off coupon and it says clearly that the code must be entered for each item separately. I specifically asked him if he needed to enter the code for the second game and he said the computer would "take care of it" so there must be some other reason it didn't work on that game. Oh well, like I said, only 89 cents of cheap GS credit - but just beware if buying more than 1 thing with the extra 10% coupon (which is supposed to work on up to 5 items at once).

[quote name='Guerrilla']MS announced that a future update will allow you to completely copy games to your hard drive for faster loading and reduced disc wear. That may be something to consider.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I've already used 80 of my 120 GB, though, granted, much of that consists of demos and game videos that I could easily get rid of. But the game install is a huge feature that I can't wait for. In fact, I'm holding off on playing some of the more atmospheric games like Oblivion and Bioshock until I can play them without the droning disc noise. I usually play these games fairly late at night and have to keep the volume down so that will be a huge deal. And with my Elite (now well over 1 year old by the way and still going strong - knocking on all sorts of wood here ;)) I won't have to worry about space when I do the game install.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']They do. I bought Dragon Quest at CC today and the clerk was pushing the membership on me.[/QUOTE]

I dont think my clerks even know what it is since none of the games have the stickers on them.

Anyways, didnt even think about 50% games being good flips for BBV, going to go to GS again after work to see if any good copies of MM 08 are avaliable :)

[quote name='io']D'oh! Apparently the cashier I dealt with was just clueless and was relying on the computer to take care of all the promos automatically. I just printed another 10% off coupon and it says clearly that the code must be entered for each item separately. I specifically asked him if he needed to enter the code for the second game and he said the computer would "take care of it" so there must be some other reason it didn't work on that game. Oh well, like I said, only 89 cents of cheap GS credit - but just beware if buying more than 1 thing with the extra 10% coupon (which is supposed to work on up to 5 items at once).

Bingo. I've already used 80 of my 120 GB, though, granted, much of that consists of demos and game videos that I could easily get rid of. But the game install is a huge feature that I can't wait for. In fact, I'm holding off on playing some of the more atmospheric games like Oblivion and Bioshock until I can play them without the droning disc noise. I usually play these games fairly late at night and have to keep the volume down so that will be a huge deal. And with my Elite (now well over 1 year old by the way and still going strong - knocking on all sorts of wood here ;)) I won't have to worry about space when I do the game install.[/quote]
hmm may be I should look into getting a 120gb HD for my xbox.

[quote name='luan87us']hmm may be I should look into getting a 120gb HD for my xbox.[/QUOTE]

I as well, I only got a 20gb as of now and its usually full of demos.

Does anyone know how often Blockbuster does a B1G1 free? I have an extra Fire Emblem I might unload there...
I got one from CC, but I wanted to upgrade my open copy to a sealed one (sounds stupid I know, but from the what I hear about the difficult, I'm petrified to even try it because I know I'll wanna beat it once I start)

[quote name='io']The only one in short supply was Prey - they had one disc-only copy. If I wasn't going out of town Saturday I would have gotten a few more of the MM 08 and a couple Vampire Rain.[/quote]

I dont know why its so hard to find a complete copy of that game. There were a bunch of disk only, around 10 each at the two stores I visited but I only found one complete. I'm keeping this copy for now, hope to find another copy to flip at another GS. And if I do find a CE, I'll just flip this SE.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does anyone know how often Blockbuster does a B1G1 free?[/QUOTE]

Well, there was one in March, and then again in July. The problem was, before that there weren't any promos of any sort (sale or trade-in) for a while (though I think there was another B1G1 last Fall - I vaguely remember getting PSP games to trade to GC using it - but we didn't have a great GS promo to take advantage of then). But I think that was due to the change in management. Before that (say, a year and a half ago or more) there were promos all the time but I don't ever remember there being a B1G1 of any sort. They usually alternated B2G1 and 25% off all used games. And then on top of that they threw in trade-in promos like an extra $5 per game for trading 2 or more (imagine that!), the trade 2 get a $30 preorder :)drool:), and the infamous trade 3 get any used game for $5 (and, like the preorder deal, keep the trade-in credit of course). The problem with a lot of the trade-in deals is that they were Gamerush only. Specifically the last $5 bonus deal was only at GR - none of the BB's in the same district as my GR honored it.

Edit - Duh, I forgot I have an Excel spreadsheet chronicling all my BB trade-ins and purchases. Though I don't specifically have sales info on there of course, I do have those PSP game purchases and the amount I got at GC for them. Wow - I remember that being a great opportunity (as GC had a 50% bonus on portable game trade-ins at the time I believe). And yet it pales compared to the perfect storm. Or maybe I just didn't take advantage of it. I bought all of 6 PSP games to trade to GC then :lol:! In any case, it was earlier than I remember - last June. So there may not be another B1G1 until next Spring if the pattern holds. Note that from June of last year until November I made almost NO purchases or trades at Blockbuster. It only picked up in Nov because of the opportunity to use Halo 3 to transfer credit to GS at a slight loss which I jumped all over because, clearly, there had been nothing worth buying at Blockbusters back then (this was before they started stocking new releases and hardware).

Note that the last big sale before that one in June was the Gamerush clearance sale in Feb of 2007 (where a lot of new games were 50% off). My GR closed down shortly after that and much to my relief there has not been another sale like that (that I'd have to miss).

So, really, 2007 was pretty dry in terms of deals. They had the one new game clearance and one B1G1 (also on $14.99 and under I'm pretty sure). At least they have repeated that last deal twice so far this year. Hopefully it comes back (coupled with a bunch more price drops) this Fall. Though I would absolutely love to see Blockbuster push preorders at all stores (not just GR) by having something similar to the trade 2 get any preorder for $30 deal - but maybe make it $40 or $50 even. For just $10 off I'd make all my preorders there and forget completely about GS - as I'm sure many others would too. It would also be a way to promote their trade-in program, which most people aren't even aware of.

[quote name='io']the infamous trade 3 get any used game for $5 (and, like the preorder deal, keep the trade-in credit of course)[/QUOTE]
WHAT!
That's nuts! I wish I had Game Rush in AZ... although I think I've gotten a few fine and dandy deals from Blockbuster.
I guess I could use this Fire Emblem as the base of my flipping adventures, if I ever decide to do them.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']WHAT!
That's nuts! I wish I had Game Rush in AZ... although I think I've gotten a few fine and dandy deals from Blockbuster. [/QUOTE]

Well, that particular promo was good at any Blockbuster. In fact I used it more at my local store than at GR because the GR manager thought the trade-in games had to have values over $15 (which was BS - it didn't matter since you kept the credit anyway). It turns out he changed his mind later but by then corporate pulled the sale due to massive abuse. Hmmm... I wonder if any particularly infamous CAG members were doing flipping back than ;). People (not on CAG for the most part - or at least they didn't admit it) were getting $45 games for $5 and then trading them back in as part of another 3 games to get another $45 value game. This is the origin of the warning in the OP about exploiting trade-in deals from one Blockbuster to another. What we do trading in games from other places that they give too much for is bad enough, but at least it does provide them with new stock (at a value that they choose to offer). When people were taking things from one store to another they were building up credit without giving any value whatsoever to Blockbuster and that's why the promo was ended abruptly.

Here is what I got for $5 via that promo. Keep in mind this was in June of 2005 so these games were $30-$50 MSRP fairly recent releases at the time (and sold used, normally, for about $5 less than retail):

:ps2: Sly Cooper 2
:ps2: Star Wars Battlefront
:ps2: Xenosaga II
:gc: Incredibles
:gc: NBA Street Vol. 3
:xbox: Republic Commando
:xbox: Star Wars Episode III
:psp: NFL Street

I could have done much better if the GR manager had followed the promo correctly as I only hit them up towards the end. By that time they had sold all the good stuff I had my eye on to other people (which is why I'm pissed to this day about what he told me early on ;)). The xbox games I sold on eBay for about $40 each and I kept most of the rest. It looks like from my records the promo only ran about 11 days before it was killed because of the abuse.

Apparently about a year before that they had a trade 2 get any used game for $10 deal but that was even before my time.

Anyway, an interesting trip through BB/GR history there... ;)

You guys think Condemned 2(360) held up it's TIV since May, since that's the last TIV the Wiki has for it and it's listed as like $35 on there? Also Dark Sector(360).

[quote name='unforeseen']Another one bites the dust.

You know when the price drops occur, you should of just spread out the trades over a couple of days across several BB/GR.[/quote]

I did, the trades were all done over the course of a week. At this point I'm waiting on a call from the DM to sort this out. We'll see what happens.

ughhhh, I gotta dump these 20 or so games at GS today, they are taking up too much room on the floor.

Also will be getting a GOW psp instead of the Madden one and return 2 octomanias I did not get to flip in time.

But will probably grab something at GS so I can get a 2gb mem stick to replace the 4 gb mem stick in my camera which I will use in my psp. Also just noticed that the chashier at BBV put SW: battlefront ONE in the case..... ughhhhhhhhh I'm sooooo Lazyyyyy now that I go to work at 2:30 pm.

[quote name='JJSP']Spotted the aforementioned clearances at Blockbuster tonight when I returned The Ruins (which, BTW, was amusing). Appeared to cover many of the formerly $3.99 DVD's (now marked $1.99), and games will be added soon according to the clerk. All of their rental GC games were gone off of the shelf, awaiting retagging for sale - PS2 and XB were still available for rent.

Picked up Beyond The Mat and See No Evil for $1.99 each - Beyond The Mat replaces my copy that was lost long ago, and I figured See No Evil can't suck more than $2 worth.[/quote]

Awesome. Hope this happens Monday or Tuesday so I'll be able to get out there and grab the Twilight Princess, Mario Tennis and other titles at one of my local BBVs.

Also, FYI for you edge members transferring credit to GS, if it hasn't been mentioned already there is a coupon on the first page of the issue with Wolfenstein on the cover (August) for an extra 30% trade-in credit when you put it towards any version of Rock Band 2. It's good till the end of September, so if you miss that last trade-in promo it's just as good when you preorder/cancel.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You guys think Condemned 2(360) held up it's TIV since May, since that's the last TIV the Wiki has for it and it's listed as like $35 on there? Also Dark Sector(360).[/quote]

I think someone said previously it dropped to $9.

This is my game wanted list, I don't know if we share the same interests but here it goes.

Games Wanted
1.) Command and Conquer : Tiburon Wars (RTS)
2.) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (RPG)
3.) The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (RPG)
4.) Fable and Fable 2 (RPG)
5.) Gears of War 2 (FPS)
6.) Halo 3 (FPS)
7.) Madden 2009 (Sports)
8.) Star Wars Battlefront 3 (FPS)
10.) Unreal Tournament 3 (3rd or 1st PS)
11.) World in Conflict (RTS)

Oh yeah, some of these games didn't come out yet obviously, Fable 2, GOW2, etc... but getting the first versions of those games are a must as well. So you know what you will be getting into, I even categorize what each games are.

[quote name='blueman21']I am going to buy a 360 pretty soon but i do not know what games to get.
Do you have any suggestions?[/quote]

Why are you getting a 360? An interest in a console should be due to games that interest you.

What sort of games interest you? I would recommend you pick up Lost Odyssey if you enjoy JRPGs, but if you don't, it would be a serious waste of 60 bucks. Same with Rainbow Six: Vegas. If you don't like FPS or online play, no need in getting it.

[quote name='Guerrilla']MS announced that a future update will allow you to completely copy games to your hard drive for faster loading and reduced disc wear. That may be something to consider.[/quote]

Heh. I've never played a game enough to put wear on a disc.

I'm reconsidering getting a 360 now after reading up on it. Seems even the latest models still get the red ring of death fairly often. I don't want it to die on me right after the warranty runs out. My original launch Xbox is still running strong after all these years, but if it had died, I wouldn't have paid for a second one. These have a 3 year warranty now, right? I expect my consoles to last longer than 3 years, especially for $300...I'm not sure I have that much faith in the 360 yet. Then again, I'll probably put no more than an hour a month on the machine, considering how few games there are on it I want to play (two at the moment).

[quote name='Link927']Do they even offer that anymore? I still see that sticker on older titles but none of the new ones[/quote]

I don't know about a gamer club for 10% off but my Circuit City was selling USED games for the first time ever. Never saw them there before. Their prices sucked ($5 off retail for PS3, 360, Wii), but I wonder what sort of trade credit they give for stuff. Might be worth flipping some games to them.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']ughhhh, I gotta dump these 20 or so games at GS today, they are taking up too much room on the floor.

Also will be getting a GOW psp instead of the Madden one and return 2 octomanias I did not get to flip in time.

But will probably grab something at GS so I can get a 2gb mem stick to replace the 4 gb mem stick in my camera which I will use in my psp. Also just noticed that the chashier at BBV put SW: battlefront ONE in the case..... ughhhhhhhhh I'm sooooo Lazyyyyy now that I go to work at 2:30 pm.[/quote]

Fry's has the 8 GB for $ 48 on today's ad. http://shop3.frys.com/product/5495639 I know it's a real cash but it's very cheap for 8 GB. If you're planning to back-up your game to mms, like GOW needs about 1.2 GB.. so 4 GB is not going to be enough if you include movies and musics. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Someone posted a $37 rebate form that might work with Fry's purchase, to bring down the total to $11. It's YMMV of course. http://www.jr.com/media/Rebates/Cameras_and_Optics/Digital_Memory_Cards/Memory_Stick/LXR5_20080830_v1_m56577569833332990.pdf?JRSource=linkshare&SiteID=lw9MynSeamY-Xj4wyaDpftA*JfN*%2FLXK5g

Update today:

Rainbow Six Vegas (Xbox 360) - 7.99 after 50% off and edge
Harry Potter:Order of the Phoenix (PS3) - 16.99 marked, so do the math there

Those two and a few more have been added to the sale at Gamestop.

Additionally, here are some TIV's at BBV -
Madden 2007 (360) - $6
NCAA Football 2008 (360) - $10
Madden 2008 (360)- $12
NHL 07 (360) - $8
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $12

So Rainbow Six:Vegas is now a good flip at 7.99 --> 12

[quote name='io']D'oh! Apparently the cashier I dealt with was just clueless and was relying on the computer to take care of all the promos automatically. I just printed another 10% off coupon and it says clearly that the code must be entered for each item separately. I specifically asked him if he needed to enter the code for the second game and he said the computer would "take care of it" so there must be some other reason it didn't work on that game. Oh well, like I said, only 89 cents of cheap GS credit - but just beware if buying more than 1 thing with the extra 10% coupon (which is supposed to work on up to 5 items at once).
[/QUOTE]

I can say that the employees rely too heavily on the computer automatically applying coupons. I went to 3 stores yesterday and the results were that all three rang me up differently. The first store applied 10% edge discount but not the 10% off used coupon that I handed them. (I didnt notice til I was on my way home and it wasnt worth the $3 I would have saved to go back factoring in time and gas; I was just pissed to leave money on the table). The second store applied the 10+10 coupon and edge on the two games I bought, so they will get more of my business. The third store applied the coupon to 1 of the 2 games I bought (20% off one, 10% off the other) apparently neither I nor they knew to apply the coupon to each and every game, and they claimed only one coupon per customer per day and stuck to it.

There was a new :ps3: SST at the Fox Hills mall GS in culver, ca that I left. Still might be worth the 15->23 to move credit.

Grr. I sent my wife into Gamerush with a Fatal Intertia (brand new but opened) and a NCAA 08 (used from Gamestop, normal minor wear) and the cashier was being a jerk and didn't want to let her trade at all. Something about how he was busy (store was empty). He kept coming up with excuses but finally looked up her account manually and let her trade in (he claimed she didn't have an account there even though she handed him her card and had filled out a new trade agreement at that store a week ago). He told her some bull about how he was having a bad day or something (and was obviously taking it out on her because he's too lazy to do his job). Then he rejects the NCAA 08, which looks better than any other 360 game they have in this ghetto Gamerush. I mean every other game they have is disc-only and scratched to hell and she's trying to trade in a complete game that's probably been played once. She didn't argue, but I probably would have. He didn't take the game to be vindictive because she was making him work in the middle of the day on a Friday when he's used to not having any customers for hours at a time.

There's more to the story but I won't bore everyone with details. I'll go back with this guy isn't working, probably tonight. Usually there are girls working at this store who don't give a crap about games.

If the game actually had scratches I would understand. Scratched up games I usually take to a specific Gamerush where the employees are the least picky in town. What cracks me up about Gamerush is they've been inspecting my discs with a magnifying glass lately but the stuff I buy from them is always barely playable or not playable at all. If they're so picky, where do all these damaged games come from? They're definitely not all former rentals.

Hannspree 22" widescreen monitor
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...spree&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1200703079995

This one goes on sale periodically, I think. I got it for $200 last week. It has HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs, built-in speakers, as well as an audio-out jack for speakers or headphones. All the hookups you would need, basically. The picture quality may not compete with the $300-$400 Samsungs, but you get a lot of bang for your buck. It's perfect for gaming.

I think Hannspree is basically the same thing as Hanns-G (like the one you picked out at Newegg), just rebranded to make it a Best Buy exclusive. I could be wrong on that though.

bread's done
Back