The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='DaDeuce']It only updates every morning so it might have not been there by the time you got there.[/quote]

We're lucky if the website updates every week. I remember back in July it took almost 2 weeks for the website to update that a certain store had no more copies of Blacksite.

On the other hand... I regret buying a Madden PSP right now. I don't have enough GS credit to buy all the good games around here. There's tons of Cabela's games and a couple of others, but I don't think I have enough GS credit to buy them all.

[quote name='Bezerker']Some stores are also required to hold trades for 15 days while they do background checks on the traders.[/quote]
I wonder if that is true for most of the country; I know my local GS will sell trades (store credit) immediately; the same is not true for those that traded in for cash, as they will take 14-15 days before they will sell them.

[quote name='DarkRider23']We're lucky if the website updates every week. I remember back in July it took almost 2 weeks for the website to update that a certain store had no more copies of Blacksite.[/quote]

In my experience, that's been a store-specific problem. There's one or two stores near me that must have inventory issues, because they'll have a rare game listed for weeks even though they don't have it.

But otherwise it's worked well for me. I've regularly tested the locater feature after I've bought a last copy, and the next morning that store is always removed from the available list.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']NHL 08 on 360 and Ps3 is $10 at Mircocenter (even less with Price match if you can get one) if anyone has a microcenter close by. I tried to get a Tiv on it tonight but I wasn't able to get to Blockbuster before it closed, I'll try again tommorow.[/QUOTE]

$15

New Gamestop employees still amazed at my credit.
Got Cabela Trophy Bucks, Big Game Hunter, and Rockband for $52.xx after edge and coupon.
Traded in the Cabela games for $44, so I got Rockband for net of $8 in credit. Sweet.
Finally getting some stuff for ME with all this credit.
Broke open Civ Rev last night. Playing on tutorial mode right now. Nice change of pace from Halo.
Tried out one of the Cabela games before trading it, ugh. Don't see the appeal of sniping animals. I'll stick to picking off kids playing Halo 3 :D

[quote name='rofljeff']Does Blockbuster sell Xbox Live Point cards?[/quote]
Yup. most stores have 1600 points cards for $19.99, 3 month live cards for $19.99

[quote name='stone1061']Yup. most stores have 1600 points cards for $19.99, 3 month live cards for $19.99[/quote]

Do I have to have a membership to buy there or can I just walk in and buy one.

[quote name='rofljeff']Do I have to have a membership to buy there or can I just walk in and buy one.[/quote]

No membership required. But you'll need one to get entered into the Wii sweepstakes if you're purchasing $25 worth or more (pre-tax).

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']No membership required. But you'll need one to get entered into the Wii sweepstakes if you're purchasing $25 worth or more (pre-tax).[/quote]

Oh, alright thanks.

[quote name='monkeydeew']and they charge tax on them :([/quote]

Paying tax at a local store is better than putting your Credit Card info into your 360. Once in there it is near impossible to get out.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man I went crazy today. I've flipped before but never have found this many gamest o flip both ways.

Started today with Blacksite, poker game, rock band and the club.

Traded those in and got the 2 PMD games. Bought both cabela games along witha n prey and vamp rain, fliped to BBV, got 2 more PMDs, traded, vice versa. Until I effectively doubles my GS credit and tripled my BBV credit. Those cabela games worked great. I found a pair at 4 different GSs in my work area. That bladestorm I saw marked at 26.99 was boughtne by someone between the past 2 days. That would have been a great flip. Now its time to sleep and wake up for 8 hours of driving school. (speeding ticket).[/QUOTE]

Poker game????

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Man I went crazy today. I've flipped before but never have found this many gamest o flip both ways.

Started today with Blacksite, poker game, rock band and the club.

Traded those in and got the 2 PMD games. Bought both cabela games along witha n prey and vamp rain, fliped to BBV, got 2 more PMDs, traded, vice versa. Until I effectively doubles my GS credit and tripled my BBV credit. Those cabela games worked great. I found a pair at 4 different GSs in my work area. That bladestorm I saw marked at 26.99 was boughtne by someone between the past 2 days. That would have been a great flip. Now its time to sleep and wake up for 8 hours of driving school. (speeding ticket).[/QUOTE]

You didn't get that speeding ticket while driving around flipping games did you?

[quote name='Warner1281']Just an update to whoever was interested in my last post about having my edge card credit stolen...

Took a week, but the employee was canned and I got my credit back... in cash! Store Manager apologized and transferred my remaining credit to a new card. In the end, not a bad deal. Woulda been nice to get something extra for my troubles, but I guess a 1:1 credit --> cash transfer does kinda count as extra.

PS- Haven't been able to follow the thread too closely since I just got back from my family emergency, but stores will definitely have Mercenaries 2 in store on Sunday (we got ours already, just can't put it out yet).[/quote]

Thats good news, I wonder how the employee was able to steal the credit in the first place ??

I have a huge problem connecting my 360 and time warner service. I had to manually put in the ip address along with the dns subnet mask and gateway. everything goes through except the gateway mask. says its invalid. do i have the correct one hooked up? how would you find it on a mac?

[quote name='stoned99']Thats good news, I wonder how the employee was able to steal the credit in the first place ??[/quote]

When he had his edge card he scratched off the part that had the pin since you need the pin to run a card without actually having the card. And like warner said, he just reprinted the receipt, it had the cards account number, and voila. Still, pretty shitty thing to do.

ok actually i'm one step closer and i got my ip address working. BUT NOW i need to get my dns server working. I have all the correct information place into the boxes but it still wont work!

[quote name='Sa2vador']When he had his edge card he scratched off the part that had the pin since you need the pin to run a card without actually having the card. And like warner said, he just reprinted the receipt, it had the cards account number, and voila. Still, pretty shitty thing to do.[/quote]

Hmm, i guess its a good thing I leave the pin covered up on my cards.

Some confirmations for today:
Bladestorm (360) - $35
Cabela Trophy Bucks & Big Game Hunter (360) - $22 each
Eye of Judgment (PS3) - $33
Fatal Inertia (360) - $28.50
Hellboy (360) - $35
MLB 07 (PS3) - $11
Monster Jam (Wii) - $30
World Series of Poker 2008 BFTB - $12 (i was hoping this one would be in the $20 area like the PS3 version, but no luck)

From what I was told, the regular stores here wont be doing anything special for labor day, I will check with the Gamerushes tomorrow.

[quote name='stone1061']New Gamestop employees still amazed at my credit.
Got Cabela Trophy Bucks, Big Game Hunter, and Rockband for $52.xx after edge and coupon.
Traded in the Cabela games for $44, so I got Rockband for net of $8 in credit. Sweet.
Finally getting some stuff for ME with all this credit.
Broke open Civ Rev last night. Playing on tutorial mode right now. Nice change of pace from Halo.
Tried out one of the Cabela games before trading it, ugh. Don't see the appeal of sniping animals. I'll stick to picking off kids playing Halo 3 :D[/quote]

I prefer to snipe people playing free mode in GTA IV like it's deathmatch. Of course, I usually just land a helicopter on them instead. :lol: Or suicide bomb them while cooking a grenade. :D

[quote name='Quintox']Argh I need some BBV --> GS credit pretty badly[/quote]

Go with Pokemon. It's the easiest way to move big chunks at once.

[quote name='kimberlyhere']Dragonball Z Budokai 3 TIV has dropped to $9[/quote]

Glad you were quick on that one, you saved loads of us from trading the copies we bought today......:roll:

I wish people would read the thread.

[quote name='bgame2']Go with Pokemon. It's the easiest way to move big chunks at once.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Through Sunday which is the last day of the 30% promo at GS you can get $28 for each PMD game. Just find 3 filler games to make it 5 total. These can be other things from Blockbuster: Iridium Runners, Power Rangers, and Golden Compass will net you a small profit and stuff like Bee Movie and Manhunt (both PS2) will only be small losses ($9.99 -> $8.40). Or you can throw in an old Jampack from your collection (I have about 8 more I could use if I wanted ;)) or just buy a cheap Burger King game from another Gamestop.

If you get lucky and find Boom Blox marked for $40 and can get them to adjust (its $45 in the system) it gets $35 after bonus @ GS.

I see the flood gates opening on Monday. I've already bought Red Steel, Metal Slug, and Crash of The Titans (all $9.99 Wii Games). Not sure what Crash gets, but I know that Red Steel should be worth $10.50 and Metal Slug worth $12.70 after the $5 bonus & edge.

[quote name='ets']THe Pokemon DS games are marked 34.99 as new... is that incorrect?[/quote]
Some stores are just slackers when it comes to re-stickering. The game $25 in the computer, so that's all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']I know this is O/T, but I felt like bragging a bit and didnt want to create a thread in the Bragging forum. During my GS run, i happened across this for $22.50 after edge:

Complete & not a scratch on the disks. Only thing I need now is Metal Gear Saga vol 1 and i'll be set.[/quote]

I am beyond jealous and I definitely hate you a little bit.

[quote name='ets']THe Pokemon DS games are marked 34.99 as new... is that incorrect?[/quote]

Yes, it's definitely incorrect. They're 24.99 new. I bought two sets of them so far so I'm sure.

[quote name='bgame2']Yes, it's definitely incorrect. They're 24.99 new. I bought two sets of them so far so I'm sure.[/quote]

My BB has them marked at $35 as well. I will ask when I am there.

Hm, I need to do some flipping for IU, probably this Monday. Anyone know if the "trade 3 get an extra $15" promo at GS is for real?

Also, anyone ever have problems flipping multiple copies of a game to GS? I might flip a few more Pokemons to GS, but there's only one GS in my area and I've already flipped one pair of them already.

[quote name='dpadilla4']Are customers allowed to buy games that are for rent? Or do you have to rent and never return to charge the credit card.[/quote]

You can ask a manager if they can convert it to used. If they say no, you have a couple of options:

1. Have them put credit from your value card on your account, keep the game out past the own it date and it will charge the store credit on your account.

2. Switch the credit card on file to a prepaid debit card with not enough $ on it. When they try to charge the game to you, they will be unable to and they will put it as a negative balance on your account (for you to pay off using your value card next time you go in).

3. If you don't mind paying real money, just keep the game out and if there is no store credit on the account, it will charge the credit/debit card on file.

[quote name='aea414']My BB has them marked at $35 as well. I will ask when I am there.[/quote]

Mine did as well but it rang up at $24.99. The manager ringing me up was like, "wow, looks we need to do some restickering." I just acted surprised.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Mine did as well but it rang up at $24.99. The manager ringing me up was like, "wow, looks we need to do some restickering." I just acted surprised.[/quote]

My BBV apparently never moves any inventory whatsoever, so they're always glad when I come around every now and then and clear out of the crap they've been sitting on for months. It's enough that they don't even really care when I trade in a huge number of games or do suspicious things like trade in a bunch of PSP games and then use that credit to buy a PSP.

I ran by BB today to see if DMC4 was actually 15. I checked it and Mass Effect, both rang up as 30.

It really sucks living in a small town in Oklahoma. We have no Gamestop so the only flipping possible is Hastings/Walmart, and there aren't ever any good flips with them.

[quote name='Tboz524']Okay so use a wired router or bridge the connection from mac and use wireless? What is the consensus on what to do?[/quote]If you can plug in your MacBook via Ethernet and borrow the 360 wireless adapter like you thought you could do, then try that and see if you can get the 360 to bridge into the network via your Macbook. Try it and see if you're able to use the Macbook to do the bridging in some way.

I don't think you'll be able to use a router to get the 360 online, as I'm sure the connection depends on the Cisco utility being on the device making the connection to the network.

[quote name='jojodis808']is the BBV b1g1 free still on labor day? anybody know? this would make my Christmas..:lol:[/quote]

I haven't heard one person confirm that at all. I'm hoping there's something, but we'll see.

And does anyone know the price for Guitar Hero Rock the 80s for PS2 at BBV.

[quote name='jojodis808']is the BBV b1g1 free still on labor day? anybody know? this would make my Christmas..:lol:[/quote]

We never received any communications about there being a b1g1, just stuff about the 3 for 20. So unless things change tomorrow there won't be one.

[quote name='io'] or just buy a cheap Burger King game from another Gamestop.[/quote]

The "50% off on select titles" is apparently over at GS. Picked up Sneak King and Big Bumpin as fillers and only got the Edge disc for SK and the 25% coupon and Edge disc on BB. I didn't even need them as I found a Power Rangers, GC and a Geometry Wars Wii ($9.99). GW gets $9 base TIV at GS. Now I have 7 Games to trade. Oh well.

Thought about keeping GW to trade in during "trade 3 next gen and get $15 bonus" but the difference would only be $2.30. Certainly not worth searching for 2 other flippable games. Also, thought about picking up 2 more PMDs and another GC to trade in 2 sets of 5 but my BB credit is now running low. Not many Cabela games available in my area. Picked up 3 of each and avoided going out of my immediate area.

Also, for those in CA, when I bought the Cabela games I noticed on my receipt that I was charged 8.75% in sales tax. :whistle2:s Am I that out of touch and miss something? WTF?

My xbox has been acting up ever since I moved it to my room from the family room. I play my games and all of the sudden the screen goes black or brown with vertical lines. It only happened about 3 or 4 times so far, the majority when I was playing GTAIV, whenever I crossed a bridge in the game. Fixed that problem by going a different way and it seems like that fixed it. Most recent one is today, when I was playing Fable II pub game demo. You guys think RROD is coming soon? I'm still on my first 360 and it should be around that time that it should fail I think (bought it off ebay new, in summer of 06)

[quote name='emg28'] I didn't even need them as I found a Power Rangers, GC and a Geometry Wars Wii ($9.99). GW gets $9 base TIV at GS. Now I have 7 Games to trade. Oh well.

Thought about keeping GW to trade in during "trade 3 next gen and get $15 bonus" but the difference would only be $2.30.[/QUOTE]

Man, if I could find a mint/complete GW at Blockbuster for only $9.99 I'd definitely keep it! I didn't realize it was that cheap. I think the store that had the mint Metal Slug Anthology that I kind of regret trading in to GS might have had it. Of course all their stuff was labeled wrong. If I had seen $9.99 on it I would have snagged it.

[quote name='emg28']The "50% off on select titles" is apparently over at GS. Picked up Sneak King and Big Bumpin as fillers and only got the Edge disc for SK and the 25% coupon and Edge disc on BB. I didn't even need them as I found a Power Rangers, GC and a Geometry Wars Wii ($9.99). GW gets $9 base TIV at GS. Now I have 7 Games to trade. Oh well.

Thought about keeping GW to trade in during "trade 3 next gen and get $15 bonus" but the difference would only be $2.30. Certainly not worth searching for 2 other flippable games. Also, thought about picking up 2 more PMDs and another GC to trade in 2 sets of 5 but my BB credit is now running low. Not many Cabela games available in my area. Picked up 3 of each and avoided going out of my immediate area.

Also, for those in CA, when I bought the Cabela games I noticed on my receipt that I was charged 8.75% in sales tax. :whistle2:s Am I that out of touch and miss something? WTF?[/quote]

8.75?!? Were you in a BBV that you don't normally go to? I know it's supposed to be 7.75, but in my area, we also have a half cent local tax, bringing it up to 8.25. So if you went to an unfamiliar area, you might have gone somewhere that had a local tax as well.

bread's done
Back