The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='io']I looked into this because after playing Chocobo's Dungeon on the Wii my son wanted one of these PMD games. From what I can tell the two games are identical except that each one has an exclusive Pokemon that you can only find in that game (out of the many that are included). So, really, no difference.[/quote]

Thanks at least I will have an answer when the Gamespot person ask me the difference.:)

[quote name='jmiller']Thanks at least I will have an answer when the Gamespot person ask me the difference.:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wanted Time based solely on the cover art but they only had Darkness left at my local store in time to buy for a Wii sweeps entry so I just snagged that. But now with this GS coupon if I can find 2 more Time's I can keep one of those and trade another pair. But like I said earlier, there has been a run on these at all the BB's near me. And it was all after the last bonus deal so I don't know what it is - either resellers or just regular people realizing $24.99 is a pretty good deal for these.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's YMMV on that, since some stores may not take in two of the same title on the same day. However, I found two local stores which let me trade in 4 of the same title within 2 days(and more if I can get to the other local CC and they have MORE copies of the same game before the value drops).[/quote]

Well my local BBV store just told me that they don't take repeat titles from the same account "for something like 90 days". They say that the titles people trade in stay in the system and if you try to trade in the same title again, the employee will see the first trade you did listed on the computer and not allow the trade.. booo

Picked up some 360 & Wii games to transfer credit to GS. I finally found and picked up a complete, mint copy of Bioshock. Actually, at the first BB they couldn't find the disc and I had to wait for about 20 minutes for the clerk to find all 8 games I wanted to buy. He couldn't find Red Steel and Bioshock (they had 5 cases for BS in the game section :roll:).

Going to use the GS coupon to trade another pair of PMDs instead of looking for more flippable games.

Also, saw Clubhouse Games DS for sale at one BB. It was priced at MSRP $19.99. Not a deal but just a heads up for those of you who missed out on this game the first time.

Does audio go through a hdmi cable? I found on amazon.com some cheap hdmi cables and I was thinking of getting one for the 360. But whats the difference between a regular hdmi cable and microsofts?

[quote name='Gamenads']Does audio go through a hdmi cable? I found on amazon.com some cheap hdmi cables and I was thinking of getting one for the 360. But whats the difference between a regular hdmi cable and microsofts?[/quote]
Yes, audio goes through the cable as well as picture. There is no difference. I suggest you to not buy anything over $15. (Unless your 360 and TV is 30ft away from each other.) Cheap HDMI cables work just as well as pricey ones. Just be sure to buy a 'Category 2 certified' cable if your looking to put a 1080p picture. Check out Monoprice.com

This week's coupon should allow for some even flips for those of us who don't have access to the Cellfire coupon.

So what are the good PSP/DS flips from BBV > GS? All I know of are Manhunt 2, PMD, and Professor Layton.

Some BB -> GS flip confirmations for today:

Wii
Avatar Burning Earth: $9.99 -> $10.50
Crash of the Titans: $9.99 -> $11.60
Mario Strikers Charged: $19.99 -> $18.50
Red Steel: $9.99 -> $10.50
Sonic Rings: $14.99 -> $11.60 (avoid)

Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Bioshock: $19.99 -> $18.20
Fear FIles: $14.99 -> $13.80
Lego Star Wars 2: $9.99 -> $11.60
Spiderman FoF: $9.99 -> $10.50
Virtua Fighter 5: $14.99 -> $14.90

BB confirmations:

Monster Jam 360 - $28.50
Alone in the Dark Wii - $30

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']You might wanna pick up that Live arcade disc (used only) at Gamestop. It's like $12 and comes with Pac Man CE, Uno, Boom Boom Rocket, Luxor, and Feeding Frenzy. Pac Man CE alone is $10 on Live arcade so it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Are those downloadable, or do you have to play with the disc in the drive?

Been hearing great things about Pac-Man.

[quote name='D. Monic']Using the Cellfire coupon and Edge, you can get a 40% bonus when you trade 2 games. That makes it ideal for trading in a pair of PMDs. You get $28 per game this way.[/quote]

CELL FIRE DOES NOT STACK WITH EDGE

Please check your receipt before posting.

[quote name='illpleasa']Well my local BBV store just told me that they don't take repeat titles from the same account "for something like 90 days". They say that the titles people trade in stay in the system and if you try to trade in the same title again, the employee will see the first trade you did listed on the computer and not allow the trade.. booo[/quote]

wow they fed you a bowl full-o bullshit there. the only way they would know if you traded the same title is if they checked your history which does go back 90 days. so i guess if your store is really anal about trades they could check a history every time but i know my store (and all of the surrounding area stores) never do that. hell i've even traded multiple copies at once and its not like a red flag pops up and says check this out or anything. you just have to get people that aren't total jerks.

i seriously suggest that you just take your title in one day and either:
a) come back that night because most managers either work a 9-5/6 shift or a 5/6 to close shift. not always but usually a good rule of thumb. so you would hit one person in the am and a different person pm.

b) just take your second copy in the next day and trade it in with someone else.

[quote name='Sixtywatz']CELL FIRE DOES NOT STACK WITH EDGE

Please check your receipt before posting.[/QUOTE]

Why not? Everything else does.

Two of my favorites are Band of Bugs and Eets: Chowdown.
Although Castle Crashers and Geometry Wars 2 are pretty much loved by everyone.

[quote name='Bezerker']Some BB -> GS flip confirmations for today:

Wii
Avatar Burning Earth: $9.99 -> $10.50
Crash of the Titans: $9.99 -> $11.60
Mario Strikers Charged: $19.99 -> $18.50
Red Steel: $9.99 -> $10.50
Sonic Rings: $14.99 -> $11.60 (avoid)

Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Bioshock: $19.99 -> $18.20
Fear FIles: $14.99 -> $13.80
Lego Star Wars 2: $9.99 -> $11.60
Spiderman FoF: $9.99 -> $10.50
Virtua Fighter 5: $14.99 -> $14.90

BB confirmations:

Monster Jam 360 - $28.50
Alone in the Dark Wii - $30[/quote]

Mah hero. I'll see if I can't find some of those then.

I wonder if I could convert some of these into cash. I need a new TV.

That actually reminds me, though, last time I went into BBV to cancel my preorder for Force Unleashed, they asked me if I wanted it in cash or credit (I paid with the credit from flipping) and gave me cash for it. Wonder if that's YMMV or if it's actually a store policy.

[quote name='$hady']Puzzle Quest is great but it's SOOOOO much better on the DS. Perfect pick up play a few rounds and move on game. ;)[/quote]
I did. Maybe because I played the XBLA version first, but when I tried it on a friend's DS, the stylus controls felt awkward. =p

Please check your receipt before posting.[/quote]

Ah... Checked my receipt and yep it does stack just like everything else... It made World Series of Poker 08 for PS3 13.99 from its regular price of 19.99.

[quote name='illpleasa']Well my local BBV store just told me that they don't take repeat titles from the same account "for something like 90 days". They say that the titles people trade in stay in the system and if you try to trade in the same title again, the employee will see the first trade you did listed on the computer and not allow the trade.. booo[/quote]

That is absolute bull... I have had a worker ask the manager right in front of me before "Hey can we take two copies of the same game in the same trade?" The manager just said, "Yea that's fine, you are allowed 2 of the same per visit." This was at a corporate owned store.

[quote name='chasemurata']So, is there any way to obtain a 360 data migration kit without owning an Elite console?[/quote]

eBay.

Otherwise, I think I remember seeing people calling Microsoft to try and talk them out of one. Don't know if they were able to get one or not.

[quote name='Rig']eBay.

Otherwise, I think I remember seeing people calling Microsoft to try and talk them out of one. Don't know if they were able to get one or not.[/quote]

Ah, okay. Thanks, Rig.

I really want to avoid eBay, though. So, I'll see if I can score one from a fellow CAG. :pray:

I was guessing that it was BS, but I didn't want to push the issue.. It's not like I showed them 2 titles of the same game, I really only asked. Once they gave me the shutdown, I only pulled out the single copy (even though I had the repeat title in my bag).. I'll just go to the store tomorrow in the morning, as I'm pretty sure I'll bump into different people then... Thanks for your help guys.. :)

[quote name='shinryuu']I did. Maybe because I played the XBLA version first, but when I tried it on a friend's DS, the stylus controls felt awkward. =p[/quote]

Yea, ditto. Although admittedly my first time with it was the PC, then the DS and finally 360 version. Think I prefer the 360 the most, for being the most comfortable playing it if no other reason (hell, every DS game cramps my hands after a while, regardless of genre or title).

Anyhow, arcade game I probably put the most time into is Lumines Live. Noticed they no longer have some of the freebie packs they had up before (Heavenly Star and Breeze I believe), but it's still worth it for 800 points. Although it's still pretty bad on having to buy lots of other track/feature packs to make it completely fleshed out beyond just Base mode.

[quote name='tianxia']I wonder if I could convert some of these into cash. I need a new TV.[/quote]

Wii Sports is $7-8 (depending on the coupon you use) and sells on ebay for $25+. Wii Fit is also a good seller. That one takes a lot more effort as far as shipping goes though.

My Gamerush store is getting converted into the BB Electronics store, so who knows, maybe in a few months, we can use our BB Credit to buy a TV from BB.

Geometry Wars 1, Lumines, and Worms have each taken more of my time than any other 360 game except COD4.

Like someone else said, pick up the Live Arcade Disc that comes with the Arcade system, but also pick up Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1. Between the two of them, you'll have a nice starting library.

Then pick up Small Arms and Bomberman too.

[quote name='polizia']Thanks guys, :)
Anyone play Braid, I'm still debating if its worth the price.[/quote]

I played through Braid, and while playing it I felt like it was worth the price, but as soon as it ended I didn't because despite some developer efforts to keep you playing (speed runs, etc), I really can't see myself ever picking the game up again.

So it's a fun game, but for me I didn't really feel like it's worth 1200 points (if you're paying the full $15 for the points, at least).

[quote name='mvp828']Ah... Checked my receipt and yep it does stack just like everything else... It made World Series of Poker 08 for PS3 13.99 from its regular price of 19.99.

That is absolute bull... I have had a worker ask the manager right in front of me before "Hey can we take two copies of the same game in the same trade?" The manager just said, "Yea that's fine, you are allowed 2 of the same per visit." This was at a corporate owned store.[/quote]

It stacks for the Discount off of the games with the 20% + edge coupon. I'm talking about the trade in coupon. It still stays at 30% on that coup

[quote name='wubb']Pac-Man CE is good but I got all the achievements in about an hour and then wasn't motivated to play it more. :whistle2:|[/quote]

That's cos you're a whore for the mints Wubb :cool:

Rez is probably the best 800 points I've spent on XBLA, closely followed by Bionic Commando:R and Castlevania:SOTN.

N+ is very good, and I'm a sucker for 1942, but thats a bit more of an aquired taste.

Please check your receipt before posting.[/QUOTE]

Got my receipt right here in my hand. Traded in 2 copies of PMD (1 Time, 1 Darkness). Got $28 in credit per game ($56.00 total) using Cellfire and Edge. Normal TIV is $20, so yes, I got 40%.

I've done this trade with the Cellfire coupon at least four times. Get $56 total every time. Seriously, what on Earth made you think they wouldn't stack?

[quote name='Sixtywatz']It stacks for the Discount off of the games with the 20% + edge coupon. I'm talking about the trade in coupon. It still stays at 30% on that coup[/quote]

Uh no. If I didn't shred my receipts already I would post one of them. I know I got $28 for my PMDs and $35 for my SSBBs.

With how anti gaming the one manager on Weds was, I'm shocked he didn't pull my trading history cause then he would've seen two more copies of the same game.

I wonder if my local CC stores have any copies of AITD for Wii laying around. I'll flip about 6 copies of that. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With how anti gaming the one manager on Weds was, I'm shocked he didn't pull my trading history cause then he would've seen two more copies of the same game.

I wonder if my local CC stores have any copies of AITD for Wii laying around. I'll flip about 6 copies of that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You should definitely call corporate and report that guys attitude; it can't possibly be good for business there. Maybe mention that the experience left you emotionally scarred with feelings of inexplicable guilt.:joystick:

I got screwed out of a view on the cellfire coupon, but last night I just told the code to a worker and she punched it in without viewing the phone.

Does the 3 view limit reset every time the coupon expire?

[quote name='KaneRobot']The MS cable comes with something that lets you use an optical audio cable, rather than just putting your audio/video through HDMI only.[/quote]

My Elite came with two cables. One is just a regular HDMI that passes through sound. The second cable plugs into the component/composite out and has optical output. So, it is really two seperate cables that both can output sound at the same time.

[quote name='jkanownik']My Elite came with two cables. One is just a regular HDMI that passes through sound. The second cable plugs into the component/composite out and has optical output. So, it is really two seperate cables that both can output sound at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Pretty sure that's what you get when you buy the "HDMI cable," two things in the same package. Someone else can confirm.

Whatever you do don't buy the MS cable for the absurd price of $45. I bought a cable for 6 dollars on Amazon and it works flawlessly. I went from playing on a 19 inch tv in a basement to our new 42 inch lcd in our living room. The quality is unbelievable.

[quote name='Bezerker']Wii Sports is $7-8 (depending on the coupon you use) and sells on ebay for $25+. Wii Fit is also a good seller. That one takes a lot more effort as far as shipping goes though.

My Gamerush store is getting converted into the BB Electronics store, so who knows, maybe in a few months, we can use our BB Credit to buy a TV from BB.[/quote]

Hmm... What store is this? Location?

[quote name='Bezerker']Wii Sports is $7-8 (depending on the coupon you use) and sells on ebay for $25+. Wii Fit is also a good seller. That one takes a lot more effort as far as shipping goes though.

My Gamerush store is getting converted into the BB Electronics store, so who knows, maybe in a few months, we can use our BB Credit to buy a TV from BB.[/quote]

How are you getting $25+ for Wii Sports? I see it at Gamestop all the time.

What's the BBV retail price for Wii Fit, anyway? I think there might be a couple lying around my local store, if I can manage to sell it.

[quote name='tianxia']How are you getting $25+ for Wii Sports? I see it at Gamestop all the time.

What's the BBV retail price for Wii Fit, anyway? I think there might be a couple lying around my local store, if I can manage to sell it.[/quote]

1) the same question could be asked about why people buy MANY things on ebay (e.g.: half-eaten sandwiches, the ground that elvis walked on, corn flakes shaped like jesus or lenny kravitz)

2) Retail is $89.99 w/o tax for Wii Fit at BBV

Hmm Alone in the Dark is running 24.99 used at Gamestop now (-30% runs at 17.00 in credit). Not a bad flip. As good as the CC clearance sale (without that bonus 20%) without having to use cash.

That's a negative, KaneRobot. An HDMI cable is just that, a cable. The additional cable (component/composite/optical) is a completely different thing. As far as I know, the XBox will not output along the HDMI and the component at the same time, so the optical cable is pointless if you want to use HDMI.

As for cables. Monoprice.com is my go to for cables of all kinds, but HDMI cables are the best at Amazon. They are third party, but I picked up 3 10 footers for 30 bucks including shipping. Best Buy will charge 50 for one of the same cable. I haven't had any problems with any of the cables I have purchased from Amazon.

bread's done
Back