The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

PSN cards are at my BB and they also have 4000 pt cards to as well. I havent seen those yet until last week. However they dont come in the reatail plastic wrapping they are coming just the card itself

[quote name='io']The RB2 drums have 4 pads and the GHWT drums have 3 pads and 2 symbols, right? So I suppose you could use the GHWT drums for RB using 1 of the symbols for the fourth pad. But that seems like it would be awkward. Now, I haven't really played the Rock Band drums except at Best Buy demo setups so I could be wrong about it being strange to play that way. This is why I was trying to track down the RB2 drums (hopefully from GS) and still also get the GHWT bundle (from BBV). I definitely want the second guitar from GHWT and will hold off on any bass playing in RB2 until I get that. But we really wanted drums now as all we've been able to do is guitar + voice (my son sings using the American Idol mic I kept from a BBV flip ;)). The problem is, if I can't track down the RB2 soon then I'm out of town next week and then it will be Oct and I might as well wait to get the RB2 bundle :bomb:...[/quote]

Yeah, 3 pads, 2 cymbols...but the layout is similar..RB is red,yellow,blue,green. GH is r,b,g with y cymbol btw r & b. The orange cymbol (likely) wouldn't be used in RB (we'll have to wait and see how things are officially mapped out).

You may want to check craigslist for RB1 drums, they should be found cheap and still under warranty through 10/31. (in fact, someone in your "area" is selling the whole set including game for $50)

[quote name='mkernan']I scrolled back a few pages and found this post. Pretty sure cg1407 works at BB.[/quote]

Thanks!

I want my puzzle fighter dammit :wall:

[quote name='h2dk']Yeah, 3 pads, 2 cymbols...but the layout is similar..RB is red,yellow,blue,green. GH is r,b,g with y cymbol btw r & b. The orange cymbol (likely) wouldn't be used in RB (we'll have to wait and see how things are officially mapped out).

You may want to check craigslist for RB1 drums, they should be found cheap and still under warranty through 10/31. (in fact, someone in your "area" is selling the whole set including game for $50)[/quote]

Walmart has dropped the price of the RB1 drum set to $49.88. I went and saw this price last night, but it might be YMMV. It's the Walmart in Covina, CA

which blockbusters take trade ins? i just went to one here in tallahassee, and they told me that they don't take them... sucks, because i want to get some of that sweet credit from rock band and get rock band 2

[edit] i called every store in tallahassee, and apparently none of then take trades... what the fuck?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkernan']I scrolled back a few pages and found this post. Pretty sure cg1407 works at BB.[/quote]

Yeah I do. While on hold (for 3 hours) with computer support they told me this Wednesday for the PSN cards but the email we got said Monday. I'm more inclined to believe computer support over our DM but I work tomorrow morning so I'll check this out and get back to you guys tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to check your account credit balance online if you register at blockbuster.com? Obviously I'm not bothering to go to the trouble of registering just to find out...

[quote name='nietzsche74']Does anyone know if there's anyway to check your account credit balance online if you register at blockbuster.com? Obviously I'm not bothering to go to the trouble of registering just to find out...[/quote]

I don't think you can with Value Card. I always purchase a gift card everytime the value card reach $ 100, so I can use it online and check the balance.

If any of you have had them combine a couple value/gift cards, I urge all of you to have those balances checked. Why? Well, I went in to have 4 cards combined AND cancel my pre-order for Force Unleashed tonight.

As it turns out, the biggest card($88.11) comes up as INACTIVE, so now I have to go back tomorrow and deal with their manager to get this straightened out.

All totalled I have $262.41(with the $88.11) thus far. If the last card were a buck or two, I might just say forget it, but $88 is a bit much to lose. The $88 came from a couple cards I had the one employee dump on my account for a couple of days, then re issue me a value card a couple days later.

So, be careful if you've had employees dump the value of your cards on your account and re issue a gift/value card a day or two later.

Re: PSN cards, and other "gaming cards"...

All stores will be carrying them and should have them out on the floor first thing tomorrow. Couple things to be aware of.

(1) Unless your store has managers that are on the ball, the cards will not show up in the system when they scan them (so expect a headache the first time you try to buy one). Corporate didn't program the UPC's to the producct number, so we have to do it ourselves (but tracking down the product # is a pain on anything that isn't a game or movie).

(2) Just like a gift card, the cards are not useable until they are activated. After the POS update that goes through tonight, when the cards are sold, they will generate an additional receipt that will contain a PIN number (or some serial number or something) that you will need to hold onto in order to register the card when you go to use it. If you lose the receipt, you're SOL (at least until I get to play with the new update to see if there's another way to recover it).

(3) Sales of these cards are final. We are unable to refund cards nor are we able to check balances on them. All inquiries regarding card balance, usage, etc. are to go to the number posted on the back of the card.

[quote name='akokonas']PSN cards are at my BB and they also have 4000 pt cards to as well. I havent seen those yet until last week. However they dont come in the reatail plastic wrapping they are coming just the card itself[/quote]

Saw a rack of PSN cards (2 values) along with cards for "casual" online sites like Habbo and some random brand domestic long distance phone card. The $25 card for J!NX caught my eye so I looked closer. They sell gaming T-shirts. :) So the next time I have a surplus of cheap credit those might be worth grabbing.

PSN cards won't be available until tomorrow. After standing around for 10 minutes while they figured out the problem, they told me the cards were not supposed to be on the shelf until tomorrow. On the plus side I will receive a $5 discount on the card tomorrow for the trouble :)

TIV:
:wii:
Dragon Quest Swords $23
Godfather $13

With all of the issues surrounding the PS3 cards here's hoping for some of them to end up with mismarked pricing like when they first carried PS3 SIXAXIS controllers and marked them $39.99.

[quote name='Warner1281']Re: PSN cards, and other "gaming cards"...

All stores will be carrying them and should have them out on the floor first thing tomorrow. Couple things to be aware of.

(1) Unless your store has managers that are on the ball, the cards will not show up in the system when they scan them (so expect a headache the first time you try to buy one). Corporate didn't program the UPC's to the producct number, so we have to do it ourselves (but tracking down the product # is a pain on anything that isn't a game or movie).

(2) Just like a gift card, the cards are not useable until they are activated. After the POS update that goes through tonight, when the cards are sold, they will generate an additional receipt that will contain a PIN number (or some serial number or something) that you will need to hold onto in order to register the card when you go to use it. If you lose the receipt, you're SOL (at least until I get to play with the new update to see if there's another way to recover it).

(3) Sales of these cards are final. We are unable to refund cards nor are we able to check balances on them. All inquiries regarding card balance, usage, etc. are to go to the number posted on the back of the card.[/quote]

Hey warner, thanks for saving me a trip. Are we going to be charged tax on these cards?

Moreover, I'd like to know if we're going to be charged tax on the actual purchases we make with these cards. I know probably NY state will have their grubby mitts into game players pockets looking for their unfair 8% or whatever it is NY state charges currently for sales tax.

[quote name='Chitown021']With all of the issues surrounding the PS3 cards here's hoping for some of them to end up with mismarked pricing like when they first carried PS3 SIXAXIS controllers and marked them $39.99.[/QUOTE]

It says $20 & $50 right on the card, so good luck lol

[quote name='asthmatic']Hey warner, thanks for saving me a trip. Are we going to be charged tax on these cards?[/quote]

It wasn't mentioned in the memo that I read, but I know we DO charge tax on X360 live/points cards. So unless they've programmed the system to treat these as giftcards, you'll probably have to pay tax. The flip side of things is that when you go to redeem them on the PSN, I would imagine there is no tax.

[quote name='Warner1281']It wasn't mentioned in the memo that I read, but I know we DO charge tax on X360 live/points cards. So unless they've programmed the system to treat these as giftcards, you'll probably have to pay tax. The flip side of things is that when you go to redeem them on the PSN, I would imagine there is no tax.[/quote]

You probably do pay tax on the PSN, but it's already built into the price that you are paying. For example, Microsoft sells games for 800 points($10), but the taxes are already built into that initial $10. It could work like that, it could not.

And to confirm. BBV does charge tax on X360 cards as do most other retailers.

[quote name='freshzen']It says $20 & $50 right on the card, so good luck lol[/quote]
We have a wise guy here. lol

[quote name='Warner1281']It wasn't mentioned in the memo that I read, but I know we DO charge tax on X360 live/points cards. So unless they've programmed the system to treat these as giftcards, you'll probably have to pay tax. The flip side of things is that when you go to redeem them on the PSN, I would imagine there is no tax.[/quote]
thanks for the info. PSN will charge tax in certain states. I know california doesnt.

Awesome... it says on Blockbuster's website, in no uncertain terms, "Available In Stores September 16" for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Looks like I'll be heading there tomorrow...

So getting back to business with this gamefly sale going on. I wonder about :

Haze : 17.99 ->
Nights : 12.99 -> Scratch that one

I thought perhaps those two would have potential. BB closed now though, if no response Ill try to check on some prices while at work tomorrow via phone call

[quote name='drk_knight01']Traded in this morning to get Rock Band II:

Wii - Bust a Move Bash - $20[/quote]

[quote name='freshzen']

TIV:
:wii:
Godfather $13[/quote]

Just a heads up, both of these games have been clearanced at Kmart for $5. It is YMMV and it is a cash flip.

Godfather Wii $5 -> $13
Bust a Move Bash Wii $5 -> $20

Nights Wii is also $5 but it's $14.99 used at BB. Not sure of the TIV.

[quote name='emg28']Just a heads up, both of these games have been clearanced at Kmart for $5. It is YMMV and it is a cash flip.

Godfather Wii $5 -> $13

Nights Wii is also $5 but it's $14.99 used at BB. Not sure of the TIV.[/quote]

might just have to see if my local (and only) kmart has bust a move bash in stock! thanks for the update :whistle2:D

[quote name='emg28']Just a heads up, both of these games have been clearanced at Kmart for $5. It is YMMV and it is a cash flip.

Godfather Wii $5 -> $13

Nights Wii is also $5 but it's $14.99 used at BB. Not sure of the TIV.[/quote]

You'll only get around 9 for Nights at BB but with the current trade-in deal Gamestop has the last time I traded in Nights I got 12.70 with bonus and edge card.

[quote name='mrhappi79']Walmart has dropped the price of the RB1 drum set to $49.88. I went and saw this price last night, but it might be YMMV. It's the Walmart in Covina, CA[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure $49.99 is the new MSRP for the old drums. I know my local Best Buy had them tagged that way like 2 weeks ago. I really want the new ones though...

[quote name='zenintrude']which blockbusters take trade ins? i just went to one here in tallahassee, and they told me that they don't take them... sucks, because i want to get some of that sweet credit from rock band and get rock band 2

[edit] i called every store in tallahassee, and apparently none of then take trades... what the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Weird - must just be a local thing. I know all BB's in Florida did not take trades a few years ago but they then started it up. Maybe they are franchise stores?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Awesome... it says on Blockbuster's website, in no uncertain terms, "Available In Stores September 16" for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Looks like I'll be heading there tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Hell, even my little local store supposedly had a midnight launch party for it. I didn't go. I guess that was 2 1/2 hours ago ;).

As for the Kmart flips, man, I ought to pay attention to that thread more often (yeah, I made the OP). I had no idea there was a new batch of $5 games!

Went to get TFU at midnight. Apparantly they only got in 6 copies, so they were pissed that I wanted one at midnight. Too bad.

Saw some price drops as well. From what I can remember:

Soldier Of Fortune: Payback-$10
Eragon-$5
Prey-$7

Also picked up Capcom vs SNK 2 EO (XB) for $15. Wanted to get Jedi Academy as well but I'll wait for the next drop to $10.

Fired up my BB RB2 last night only to find out that the strum bar on my RB1 guitar was not working correctly. The kids had failed to inform me that it was broken !!

So I have no receipt and its > 60 days since I bought it. It pisses me off because that guitar was rarely used. We all favor the wireless GH III guitar. And of course the failing strum bar is a known issue but only covered for 60 days.

I called on Haze - and the current Trade in price for Haze is $30.00 . I bought a copy from gamefly since its tax free / free shipping. (17.99)

Not a great flip but not bad.

[quote name='stoned99']Fired up my BB RB2 last night only to find out that the strum bar on my RB1 guitar was not working correctly. The kids had failed to inform me that it was broken !!

So I have no receipt and its > 60 days since I bought it. It pisses me off because that guitar was rarely used. We all favor the wireless GH III guitar. And of course the failing strum bar is a known issue but only covered for 60 days.[/QUOTE]

You can actually buy a replacement strum bar for $20 shipped and its a hell of a lot better than the original one. It has a very soft click and less strum room similar to the old GH2 guitars. I'll see if I can't find the link.

[quote name='confoosious']I have never seen a 12 month MS Live card at Blockbuster. only 3 months. what gives?[/quote]

I've definitely seen them there in the past, but haven't bothered to look lately. I bought one like 10 months ago when I got my 360.

I just successfully bought a $50 PSN card. Didn't seem like the cashier had to do anything special; seemed like she just scanned the barcode on it, then there was a pause, which was probably the register activating it. I just successfully redeemed it through store.playstation.com too, so I know it was activated properly. Oh, and I rented Force Unleashed for the 360.

[quote name='stoned99']Fired up my BB RB2 last night only to find out that the strum bar on my RB1 guitar was not working correctly. The kids had failed to inform me that it was broken !!

So I have no receipt and its > 60 days since I bought it. It pisses me off because that guitar was rarely used. We all favor the wireless GH III guitar. And of course the failing strum bar is a known issue but only covered for 60 days.[/quote]

Actually, Harmonix will allow you to return any instrument w/o receipt through Oct. 1st (I originally thought it was Oct. 31st). So you got two weeks to get the claim in.

read this

then go here

be warned...SW:TFU has gotten some pretty mediocre reviews...i may just cancel my pre-order and rent it since i need to build my credit back at GS then back to BBV

[quote name='mkernan']
I just successfully bought a $50 PSN card. Didn't seem like the cashier had to do anything special; seemed like she just scanned the barcode on it, then there was a pause, which was probably the register activating it. I just successfully redeemed it through store.playstation.com too, so I know it was activated properly. Oh, and I rented Force Unleashed for the 360.[/quote]

hmmm... maybe corporate put the barcodes through last night in the update (meaning all the work I did yesterday was for naught :bomb:). Did you get a pin number printed up for you to use with the card or was everything you needed printed right on the card?

[quote name='Warner1281']hmmm... maybe corporate put the barcodes through last night in the update (meaning all the work I did yesterday was for naught :bomb:). Did you get a pin number printed up for you to use with the card or was everything you needed printed right on the card?[/quote]

The receipt shows:

GAME CARDSONY PLAYSTATION 3 $50
Serial # 00050499**** (four actual digits)

Looking at the barcode itself on the back of the PSN card, there's an incredibly long number under the barcode (30 digits) and the "Serial" from the receipt is contained in that number (starts at 12th digit). Also, below the barcode number, in the bottom right-hand corner there's a ten-digit number, but I don't know that that is for.

So, I dunno. I don't see "PIN" anywhere on the receipt.

All I had to do as far as redeeming it was just redeem the code beneath the scratch-off. So, register must have activated it. I thought somebody else had already said that the needed changes for these were going through overnight last night. Anyway, they work... that's all I care about. =)

They had them on a rack in the checkout line, along with a bunch of other game time cards (I specifically recall seing SOE cards), Jinx gift cards, etc. These PSN cards are 'powered by Fastcard', which is a trademark of InComm. I imagine that all the other cards are through this same company.

p.s. - the cards look like this:
mwkernan
n23914985_36848018_8320.jpg
mwkernan

Pre-ordered Resistance 2 today. Nice.

Current TIV's at BB (all PS3):

GTA4 - $15
MX vs. ATV Untamed - $26
Kane & Lynch - $16

[quote name='x_fiddle']Anyone know if PMD: Time and PMD: Darkness still has a base value of $20 trade for BBV ---> GS conversion?[/quote]

As of yesterday they did

[quote name='x_fiddle']Anyone know if PMD: Time and PMD: Darkness still has a base value of $20 trade for BBV ---> GS conversion?[/quote]

[quote name='h2dk']As of yesterday they did[/quote]

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing myself. Probably pick a couple of those up today after dinner and flip them to get my credit back to GS.

[quote name='animemaniac14']be warned...SW:TFU has gotten some pretty mediocre reviews...i may just cancel my pre-order and rent it since i need to build my credit back at GS then back to BBV[/QUOTE]

Well if you liked the demo or SW this is an easy buy. A lot of hate similar to Assasins Creed which I really liked so play though the demo and judge from that.

Just checked all the previous pages of this thread for the past two weeks of posting and didn't find an answer so, has anybody traded in the wii cabela recently? Just was wondering if the trade value held. I'm going to try later today anyways.

Today's TIV
XBOX 360
Condemned 2 - $ 19
Viking - $ 19
The CLub - $ 15

PS3
Kane and Lynch - $ 16

Wii
Blast Works - $ 9
MX Vs. ATV Untamed - $ 23

bread's done
Back